Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
917 Grand Ave
St. Paul, MN 55105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutbaramericain.com/
- Phone: 6519172345x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul does not accept reservations for Patio seating. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Leonhardi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On-site private dining is available for groups up to 50. Please call Larissa LaMere at 651.917.2345 for details.
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
- Cross Street: Milton Avenue
- Public Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Off-street, residential parking on surrounding streets is also available, but please be aware of parking restrictions. Grand Avenue meter parking is free after 6pm. The parking lot next to Salut is free, but space is extremely limited. Please obey all signage within that lot. Call for valet parking hours.
A word from Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul is the brasserie down the block. Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. It’s your neighbor with a French accent. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. And the cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and sniffing sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing with the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. In this sense, Salut is a dual citizen: Authentically French! Book the Le Grand Boeuf family-style feast, serving 8-10 people. Call Liz Jobe to make your reservation 651.917.2345.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul - Best Restaurants in St. Paul ›
Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (134)neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (62)great for lunch (61)good for groups (51)great for brunch (49)romantic (35)kid-friendly (22)notable wine list (17)hot spot (16)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)Show More
- Exceeded expectations!BigBowlEnthusiastVIPDined on 7/19/2014I went out to lunch and was so impressed not only by my meal but also by the children's menu available! My 1 yr old son had the ham and cheese crepe and it was outstanding. Our server even rushed my son's order so his lunch came out first to satisfy his rumbling tummy. I have enjoyed many delicious meals at Salut. But this is the first time I have dined there with my son and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointinghtgreylordDined on 7/19/2014Disappointing food, unacceptable service.... not at all the usual Salut experience. The Pommes Frites, usually superb and served with Bearnaise, appeared to be remnants scraped from the bottom of the fry pan: tiny, brown, and beyond crisp...to simply charred. And ketchup is not a substitute for Bearnaise. The waitress was snotty, and seemed to get to all her tables but ours, so I gave up the notion of asking for different fries and Bearnaise. The rest of the food was uninspiring, and arrived in two shifts, so 1/2 the party waited with cooling food until the other two orders came. Getting separate checks was a big deal, and paying with separate CCs really perturbed the server.Special Features:
- Great Nite!DannyDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014My wife an I had a great night at Salut. The waitress was exceptional to match the food. Had a bottle of wine with an extended dinner. Leaving 4 kids at home made this dinner a winner and a memory that will last a while.Special Features:
- erickonfireOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014It was a great place to have dinner at the patio on a nice evening! The food was excellent and so is the ambiance. We will definitely come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty foodrdm9Dined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed a tapas dinner between 3 people which was perfect for us. The prices were reasonable and most of what we had was very good. The only item we didn't care for was not charged to our bill! Afterward we split a delicious chocolate cake. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful with answering questions we had about the menu. We will definitely visit again if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!DinerDined on 7/15/2014This was our first visit to Salut and we found it very enjoyable. We sat out on the patio, which was very pretty and comfortable. We both had the quiche of the day which came with salad & bread. It was delicious. Our server was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the patiodebbaDined on 7/13/20144 of us sat outside on a beautiful Sunday evening. Our waiter reminded us that it was still happy hour, presented us with the happy hour menu and with the normal one. We ordered some things from each menu. We loved everything we got... the sliders from the happy hour menu, the chicken cobb salad and the scallops were all excellent. It's a great setting and a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemTrueheartDined on 7/12/2014I am moving to the neighborhood and a local friend had brought me there for oysters, champagne and girl time. Delicious food and lots of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited an HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We sat inside as it would be quicker than waiting for the patio. Waited 15 min just for our waitress to take our drink order. Were there for an hour before our food came because they lost the ticket. Food was average.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining at its bestChuckVDWVIPDined on 7/9/2014Fabulous patio, great service and above average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate insideStarvinMarvinDined on 7/9/2014Preferred the air conditioning and privacy at lunch - we sat inside Outside with the sun - patio had sewer / beer on sidewalk odor-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salut is Magnifique, Toujours!Hard2PleaseVeganDined on 7/9/2014I've been to Salut before, most recently for lunch on a weekday. Though crowded, everything was up to Salut's usual standards: magnifique! We ate on the patio, and though it was crowded and bustling, the service was great and we never felt bothered by the din of the other diners. The food was terrific, as it consistently is at Salut. My friend had the French Onion soup and loved it. I had a mini garden vegetable burger (minus the mayo), French fries, and fantastic fresh-squeezed lemonade. The garden burger was so delicious, I actually asked our attentive and very good server if he was sure it was a veggie burger! It was very moist and full of flavor. The French fries were done the Parisian way, very thinly sliced and salted perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant all aroundElwoodDined on 6/28/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. Friendly and efficient servers. Will come back again and recommend it to everyone.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantMugsyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food and service are both very good. I had the florentine Benedict and it was delicious. Great patio setting as well.Special Features:
- Love the happy hourAnnTDined on 6/27/2014Love to go with a group and order happy order appetizers - especially the tartareSpecial Features:
- Date nightPmackDined on 6/25/2014What a great night for a date! Everything was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty scallopsRedpinesDined on 6/23/2014Salut is my favorite restaurant to take job candidates for dinner. Unfortunately, on Monday night the food and service disappointed. The mussels were a very delicious appetizer. However, the scallops were salty and the bed of whatever they were on was soggy and oily. I also would have expected the waitress to be more professional at a place like Salut. I hope they get it right next time.Special Features:
- Nice outdoors diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I dined here on a beautiful Saturday evening and it was well worth it. Service and food were both excellent with the lobster thermadour special being especially good. Just a great night with great food! Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Summer brunchRichmnDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed a beautiful summer brunch consisting of a cup of fabulous saffron vegetable and chicken soup with a perfect chicken club sandwich while seated on the patio. A perfect mid-week date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday girlStPaulGirlDined on 6/19/2014I selected this place to celebrate my birthday with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oysters!SupperClubFanaticDined on 6/16/2014I am a huge raw bar fan and the bluepoint oysters on the half shell were outstanding. I would also recommend their peach mimosa for a lovely addition to brunch.....or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!LLGdnDined on 6/15/2014We went there for the Father's Day Brunch. It was tremendous! The selection & variety were beyond our expectations. I have never been disappointed at Salut on Grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLocalGirlDined on 6/13/2014Food great as always. Pleased with waitress that exchanged a drink for my daughter that found the ginger syrop infusion too strong. The 2nd mock tail was perfect. Thanks for accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BryanbmdoDined on 6/8/2014We had a great time dining on the patio for brunch. Service was great, of course the food was great, and the two kids we brought along were happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid patio diningJaneDined on 6/5/2014Enjoyed a lovely birthday lunch with friends on a beautiful day in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialstpaulgirl6Dined on 5/31/2014If you only want to sit outside and enjoy some drinks on a pretty patio, then you will be satisfied. Beyond that, don't expect much. My $17 entree salad was disappointing in taste and size, while my husband's was a mess of blue cheese and avocado. Poor service, lack of unique and interesting food, and way overpriced. Even my wine tasted like grape juice. But hey, the patio is nice. I'll give them that. Just don't ask for more.
- Enjoyable first time visitGoofyFootDined on 5/30/2014We were a group of 4 and opted to eat inside at our appointed reservation time rather than wait for an outside table. The drinks were good and had a nice variety from the usual. It's a nice place to try something new. We enjoyed pate and Moroccan meatballs as an appetizer and both were tasty. The Croque Madame was great as were the frites. The Chicken Cobb was amazingly large. We enjoyed it and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MnRivermanDined on 5/30/2014Service started out very slow but picked up and the server made up for it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014The patio was wonderful. The service was good. The food was mediocre. We should have just had drinks.Special Features:
- The following 1473 reviews are from the Salut Bar Americain - St. Paul reviews archive.
- casual night outfood4thoughtDined on 5/16/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a place with great food and service and we found both here! Very comfortable setting, with a waitress that answered all our questions and suggested great items off the menu! Steak sandwich was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outside dining on Grand Ave.BradVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food is average and the service is decent, but the patio dining makes it worthwhile. Best for drinks, appetizers and casual plates. Dining inside with the entrees is very average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serveroystermanDined on 5/13/2014The server was outstanding. She always was respectful of the business meeting going on and was very helpful in orderingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TmartensDined on 5/11/2014Salut in St Paul consistently provides exceptional food and service. It is a pleasant restaurant with options to to eat inside or on the patio. The noise level is never overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BrunchgregDined on 5/11/2014Mother's day brunch with kids; excellent food and service and very accommodating for the children. Going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Buffet a BustAnneVIPDined on 5/11/2014When we arrived for our 9 a.m. reservation, the buffet was not quite set up. While we waited...we asked for a mimosa but were told by the server that alcohol could not be legally served before 10 a.m. on Sunday in Minnesota. I had never heard that before so checked the MN State Dept website (out of curiosity) and that is absolutely not correct. The food was was fine but nothing special and didn't make up for the late start and unavailability of a Mother's Day toast. While I like the location of this restaurant, I've found that eating on the patio during nice weather and sticking with the great salads and burgers is a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchSTPaulDineDined on 5/4/2014Had a great bruch experience here last week. The service was outstanding. Our server was friendly and helpful; we never felt rushed. The menu choices were varied. Our selections with the advice of our server we exceptional. I highly recommend the Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- It's been better.DisappointedDined on 5/3/2014We have been to Salut many times. Unfortunately this past experience was not so great. We suggested the restaurant to my sister and her husband who were in town for the weekend. Food was not very good. I ordered the sea bass which was rubbery and not cooked through. My brother inlaw had the pork and it was not very flavorful. My husband had a steak and it was a poor cut so very tough. Server forgot to bring salads with the meal. It will be awhile before I would try to go back.
- Should have sent Creme Brulee backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014The food was good in general but I was obvious the Creme Brulee was made a ways in advance. The bruleed sugar topping was chewy and didn't have that crunchy just broken into effect. The custard was also syruppy sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteKayBDined on 4/30/2014This is a good midway meeting dining place for lunch or dinner if you live on one part of town and a friend lives in another. Plenty of parking unless you come on a weekend night.Special Features:
- Was expecting betterSWidenVIPDined on 4/29/2014The wine list was very good. The food was average at best. Also, we wish the service would have been better. It took a really long time to get our oyster order along with drinks refilled.Special Features: