Salut Bar Americain - Edina
5034 France Avenue South
Edina, MN 55410Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Salut Bar Americain - Edina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salutbaramericain.com/
- Phone: 9522163764
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Friday 11 am to 4pm;
Dinner: Mon - Thurs 4pm to 10pm, Fri & Sat: 4pm to 11pm, Sun: 3pm - 9pm
Saturday Brunch: 10 am - 3:30 pm
Sunday Brunch: 10 am - 3:30 pm
Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 3 pm - 6 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, French
- Executive Chef: Stephen Jones
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Join the Parasole Dining Club. It's free and more rewarding than ever! http://www.parasole.com/diningclub/
A word from Salut Bar Americain - Edina
Salut Bar Américain is the brasserie down the block. Warm and welcoming, with an urbane wit and urban sensibility, it’s an afternoon hangout and an evening refuge. It’s your neighbor with a French accent. The setting evokes a classic Parisian bistro/restaurant. The service is spirited, confident and capably executed. And the cooking captures the freshness and hearty flavor of French cuisine. It’s the vibe inside that sets Salut apart from bowing maitre ‘d’s and sniffing sommeliers. From the welcoming wine list, to the playful décor, to the genial buzz in the dining room, Salut celebrates the French restaurant’s essential qualities while dispensing with the exclusionary ones. It demystifies French food by making it accessible and rewarding while poking fun at the stereotypes that surround it. Salut gives French dining a shot in the arm – while giving the French a gentle kick in the derriere. In this sense, Salut is a dual citizen: Authentically French – but proudly American.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salut Bar Americain - Edina reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (95)great for outdoor dining (70)fit for foodies (70)great for lunch (64)special occasion (57)good for groups (44)romantic (33)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (25)hot spot (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)Show More
- Consistent qualityMstasiaVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great lunch and great food. Service would have been a 5/5 but it was a late lunch and I suspect our waitress was closing down while we were waiting too long for our check. We will be back as we love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I often schedule business and personal lunches at the Edina SALUT. The food is delectable, with a wide menu selection. The service is always very professional. It is always, always an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattieVIPDined on 10/27/2014Had a great waitress and The food was great All three of us enjoyed our lunchSpecial Features:
- Great group spot on Sunday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014All food was very enjoyable. Loved the creamed spinach. Great service.Special Features:
- Consistently good foodDatenightDined on 10/25/2014We have been to Salut before, but I like it because the food and service are both consistently good. I think most people will find something they like and there are various price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as wonderful as usualmickDined on 10/25/2014I must confest the food was not as wonderful as usual.The duck was fat, red ,and cold.I sent back the fries for being cold. Our waiter was greatI would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itEPDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was good! No complaints! Look forward to going back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, quiet place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/21/2014Salut was a nice lunch discovery for this out-of-towner. The Moroccan meatball fettucine (a special entree) was excellent.Special Features:
- Salut Never Failsmambomama2Dined on 10/21/2014I have been coming here for many years for family dinners, work lunches, time with girlfriends. The service is always consistently great, as is the food. Good location & great gathering place.Special Features:
- Saturday at SalutTamken2Dined on 10/18/2014They were very busy and the noise level can get loud. But we throughly enjoyed ourselves. Our waitress always acknowledged us and told us where she was. We delayed ordering the main entrees and she was fine with that. There were a few minor details, but this didn't upset our evening: the Steak Diane was ordered medium rare and it came medium; we reminded her of the diet coke ordered; and no chocolate sauce came aside the ice cream. Again, nothing earth shattering.Special Features:
- service poorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/17/2014It took too long to order, get food, then have dessert
- ThepickyoneDined on 10/15/2014Good both for an evening in two, a casual business dinner or launch, or a couples out night. Great food and casual ambiance, which is a great combinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, reliablelivingthedreamVIPDined on 10/11/2014Salut is within walking distance of our home so we dine here pretty frequently when we feel like eating out but want something easy and casual. We have tried a numerous items and find everything generally good. Menu was updated that day and reflected many of the usual favorites with some new dishes to try. Our 13 year old son ordered the escargot and duck l'orange and enjoyed both. My husband and I shared the calamari, a crab cake and the hangar steak which has a new name on the new menu but is the hangar steak we order often. Calamari was so-so ... Cold when it arrived and mayo sauce kind of tasteless. We like that there are peppers on it though. Crab cake was good as was the steak. Ordered medium rare and it was precisely that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Too Much NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The high noise level made conversation impossible, trumping everything else about the experience. Very slow service didn't help. The decor is fun, and the food was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definately will go back for dinnerbeckDined on 10/11/2014Met up with some girlfriends for dinner and drinks. I had the Salmon, 1 had Trout and 1 had a Vegan dinner (specially prepared by the Chef). The Chef came to our table to ask our Vegan if she was okay with his idea for her dinner. She loved her dinner. All 3 of us ladies really enjoyed our dinners and said we will go back. Loved the atmosphere and the location. The service was great as soon as you walk in the door until you leave.Special Features:
- Perfect, as alwaysWallyDined on 10/9/2014Salut has never failed to satisfy. Had a very nice lunch; all four of us more than pleased. I had the daily special pasta and it was outstanding, with multiple flavors and not so much to be daunting. My wife had the daily combo special with a wonderful crepe and a nice mousse for dessert. I almost always get the hanger steak as it is the best in the Twin Cities in my opinion.Special Features:
- disappointedfamilyoutDined on 10/4/2014I have dined at Salut many times and enjoy the menu choices, atmosphere and service. This time I was disappointed. My wife had to return the mussels to be reheated. The waitress forgot my soup order and they seemed a little short staffed. It was very busy. I will continue to go there but hope for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef helpful for gluten freeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Chef personally met at table to prepare a fish dish for our gluten free guest. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Restaurant in EdinaDahBoyzDined on 10/3/2014We love Salut--it is a little bit of Paris in downtown Edina. The food and service is wonderful!Special Features:
- Always consistentHighExpectationsDined on 9/24/2014From the moment we entered the door everyone was amazing. The hostess acted like I was her best friend. They gave us the table we asked for. Service was indulgent. Waitress and bus help are a great team.Special Features:
- Classy and deliciousMplsDinerDined on 9/20/2014Great food, amazing butter :) and a comfortable atmosphere. Loud but not too much on a Sat night. Delicious food with lots of choices. I did the steak frites and it was done perfectly.Special Features:
- Good VisitJennLDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Salut a few times, and it never disappoints. We had very very slow service on the patio, as they only had one server (from what I could tell) in charge of the entire patio. The food and wine were great; as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!PetitdansleMNDined on 9/20/2014Crab cakes were fantastic! French onion soup was really good, although I don't really know how French this really is, because I didn't ever see it on a menu I Paris. Maybe it's a countryside thing? Anyway, Salut knows their stuff. We were there for lunch, but a member of our party had previously been there for dinner and said the hangar steak and the escargot are fantastique. Great food, great service and great patio ambiance! Just wish I was in Paris again, but Salut will have to do for now. Merci Salut!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Lillet!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Sad to see that Lillet is off the menu. The bottles of Lillet are the main focal point of the bar area, and a draw for many of us that discovered it here at Salut. Please bring it back.
- Fabulous birthday treat!PattiDined on 9/16/2014My dear friend took me here to celebrate my birthday and we had a great meal and great service. We sat on the patio and the energy was great!Special Features:
- Excellent foodPamelaDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, great menus selection, great locationSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to go back!shellyDined on 9/13/2014The portion sizes were just right. Any questions you have for the waitstaff, just ask as they are very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent sauces, quality foods, good selection Service was terrific, and well adverse on the specials. Friendly atmosphere and good seating.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinnerbirch2Dined on 9/12/2014We had the salmon special and it was delicious. Our server Jordan was very attentive and friendly and the other servers (fillers of water glasses, providers of breadsticks, plate/table clearers) also pleasant and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My husband and I went out for our anniversary. We decided to try something new. What a great find. The server Jamie was wonderful. From the time we walk through the door til we walked out we were treated like we mattered to "Salut". It's nice to get pampered when we rarely get out. The left over food was even great as my lunch the next day. Happy and full two days in a row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Good Experienceama1VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food choices are interesting and you can pick and choose according to how hungry you are. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Salute to SalutfoodfreakDined on 9/6/2014This was my first visit to Salut, but will definitely not be my last. We had hoped to sit outdoors, but opted to stay inside rather than wait. That worked out fine. Sevice was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing, and I learned that they pour a generous and delicious martini. We had bouillabaisse, and duck a l'Orange, and both were excellent. I will return and I would recommend Salut to anyone who likes good food in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- French Fun!EPMOMDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Salut on a Friday morning. Made a reservation for 11:45, but it was still quiet when we arrived, so res. wasn't really needed. By the time we left around 12:30 the place was filling up and starting to "hop". Fun ambiance throughout (even in restroom). My friend ordered "Le Deal" which offers a choice of one of two soup/salad, one of two entrees, and one of two desserts (mousse or fruit). Roasted red pepper soup got our meal off to a great start. Nice, hearty soup. Complimentary bread was nice. Steak crepe (served with one) was delicious.... savory with a nice blend of flavors. I ordered the chicken, artichoke crepes (served with two). It was nice, but I would get steak next time.Special Features:
- Poor ServicebonniedineDined on 9/4/2014Terrible service. We were seated at 6:30 pm on a Thursday night. Several tables were available. We were served water but no server came to the table. When I finally stood up and asked a server if she might be ours, her comment was, "Oh, I didn't even know you were there." She took our order but when my friend asked for a glass of ice it didn't come. She asked again and nothing. The third time she received the ice of water.Special Features:
- MamaVIPDined on 8/30/2014I ordered the chicken crepe. I ate one in the restaurant and had a little bit of bone in it. I took it out of my mouth and did not think anything of it. I ate the other one at home and had a two inch sharp bone in it that I luckyily caught while I was eating it. Not cool! My sister in law ordered a burger medium well and it came out pink so she had to wait or another one. It was Sat so the kids eat free but we had to ask to have it taken off the bill.
- happy2beoutDined on 8/29/2014A great find! This was our first time at Salut! Everything about this place was perfect! The food, wine, and definitely the service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch specialMWDinerDined on 8/27/2014Met a friend here for lunch, a return visit for me and first visit for my friend. Staff were very helpful identifying gluten-free options for her, checking with chef on details. She enjoyed an egg-topped salad, I was very happy with the lunch special - choice of soup/salad, one of two small entree options, and fruit or ice cream. The beef bourgonion-filled crepe was a perfect lunch-portion size and exquisite. We chose to sit outside and savor the late-summer weather, despite heavy-truck traffic noise on busy France Ave. The closely-spaced outdoor tables make conversations easily overheard. Servers were attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too spendyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014While the food was good and our waiter was great, $350 for 4 people was really expensive. I will return for special occasions, but for a dinner with friends, I will choose a more reasonably priced venue.Special Features:
- Lunch w/grandsonElderly1Dined on 8/21/2014Took a college bound grandson to lunch; server left us alone so we could decide menu choices (no hovering); food arrived in good time; we both enjoyed our choices; bonus was ordering terrific chocolate cake for dessert. Successful outing.Special Features:
- Delicious food as alwaysCam7192003Dined on 8/20/2014Salut always delivers great food and it came through once more for our famiky gathering for my Dad's birthday. However, we were surprised that it took over an hour to get our food since we arrived at 7 on a Wednesday night and ordered burgers and sandwiches. Nonetheless, we enjoyed our food and the birthday dessert the waitress brought us as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.