4152 Cole Ave # 103
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2142529604
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Abraham Salum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The room can be rented for private parties on Sunday evenings.
- Private Party Contact: Abraham Salum 2142529604
A word from Salum Restaurant
Centrally located between the West Village and Knox - Henderson areas, Salum is a casual yet elegant and comfortable space composed by Julio Quiñones, one of Dallas’ most progressive young designers. The spacious dining room displays a welcoming palette of brown, green and beige, with a sleek open kitchen as the focal point. Salum combines the intimacy of a neighborhood establishment with the quality of a fine dining restaurant with an atmosphere that is approachable and distinctive yet unpretentious ~ a marriage of vision, passion and skill with the goal of providing its visitors with an extraordinary dining experience. Owner and Chef Abraham Salum offers an array of contemporary American cuisine that combines the highest quality seasonal ingredients with a nuanced use of contrasting and complementary flavors to create a vibrant and visually inviting menu. Menus change once a month. Parties of 5 or more are not available on line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Salum Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Salum Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (60)romantic (48)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (17)good for groups (13)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful!KBW71Dined on 8/26/2014Perfect date night with superb food, wine and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Our dinner was business (among friends) was PERFECT! The food and hospitality were truly outstanding which certainly added to an already outstanding synergistic meeting. The Perch, Pork Tenderloin and Lobster could not have been better. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food at this very fine restaurant. I HIGHLY recommend Salum, and it is certainly on the TOP of my list for both romantic dinners and securing great business relationships.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Reuben!Billy525VIPDined on 8/26/2014August is almost over, which means this wonderful sandwich will be taken off the menu. Sad, indeed. Everything here is always delicious, however, so I am greatly anticipating what September will bring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu updated regularlyBusterVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Always great food and service. We now go either Monday or Tuesday; never crowded and never noisy. Same great food.Special Features:
- lmtxDined on 8/23/2014Very creative and well presented food.Everything was very good to excellent. I've dinned here four times and always enjoyed and found value in a sophisticated restaurant.the wine list is thoughtful and fairly priced which is a factor in my selecting this establishment.Special Features:
- wonderful reubensBilly525VIPDined on 8/19/2014As always, lovely lunch. Both of us ordered the reuben today on delicious marble rye bread. Fantastic! Impeccable service, as always. We love Salum!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealLLHallDined on 8/16/2014First time and for Restaurant Week. AWESOME food! Our waitress was a bit over confident and too hands-off, but the pace of the meal was a nice and leisurely. Overall a wonderful experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Loved ItMMMMDined on 8/15/2014The cuisine was outstanding and the ambiance was very pleasant. Great date night spot.Special Features:
- Excellent and FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were there for 2014 restaurant week, and it did not disappoint. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Their menu changes, but they keep favorites like rack of lamb and the goat's cheese/garlic starter is amazing. They always have fantastic flavorful entrees prepared perfectly. The service is consistently excellent and consistently friendly and elegant atmosphere. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014The decor and lighting of Salum make it seem like it would be a very romantic spot, but the noise level is almost unbearable. I'm not sure if it's because it's just such a small place or if they just have bad acoustics (the floor is stained concrete with carpet over some parts), but it is not pleasant. It's very difficult to speak to your date and I found myself wanting to leave quickly because the sound level was overwhelming. The food was decent (dessert was the best part), and the service was good, but I would not go back.
- Great food, excellent serviceEpicurean31Dined on 8/14/2014Unfortunately when we dined there during the Restaurant's week the noise level was unacceptable and prohibited us from hearing each other and converse. Will give it another try on a regular night.Special Features:
- Good but not greatPDaddyDined on 8/13/2014It was just slightly above average this time...one of our favs as a couple but we both left feeling a little dissatisfied.Special Features:
- great service tops great foodBilly525VIPDined on 8/12/2014While the food and menu at Salum are always at the top of their proverbial games, one simply can't beat the service! From the busboy to the servers to the kitchen staff to owner and chef Abraham, they make you feel like part of the family. This is a real winner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLuv2eatDined on 8/11/2014The food was great! Very fresh and tasty. I highly recommend this wonderful neighborhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentJuliaWDined on 8/11/2014This was not my first time at Salum, but it was my first time without the company of some very well-known and wealthy dinner guests. It may be possible that a reputation is what you need to get served properly at this restaurant. Although the waitress was kinda at first, she was seated another five tables after us. After she dropped our food off, she was not back for another 30 minutes. My husband's steak was overcooked, and when I informed her, she neither apologized or made any attempt to remedy the situation. I understand that waitress' get busy, having been one myself, but it is very easy to make a customer pleased by simply offering a free dessert or a reduced tab. This experience was not worth the $$$ bill.
- SalumLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/11/2014Always a favorite during Restaurant week. Service and food impecable.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemlooneytunesDined on 8/8/2014Visit Salum with a wonderful variety of neighborhood people. The food, wine and ambiance is excellent. The wait staff is the best and you always come away ready to come back.Special Features:
- Delicious mealChrisVIPDined on 8/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed out most recent meal there; it's a great neighborhood restaurant. Salum does a wonderful job serving inventive, delicious cuisine with entree prices typically under $30. The quality is akin to many places that service $35+ entrees. Enjoy the wine by the glass selections and appreciate when there is a knowledgeable server who can make informed recommendations.Special Features:
- One of our favesDinincrazyDined on 8/2/2014We eat out a lot and this one is at the top of our list. Amazing food, great service, all around awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars all the wayseniorVIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent in all categories. It is a bit pricey, but the portions are ample with a side on the plate. The staff is very attentive and focused on your satisfaction. The fish dishes are always great.
- Birthday BestShankopotamusDined on 8/1/2014Took my wife, son and daughter-ijn-law for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. This was our first visit to Salum and it will not be our last. The food was delicious, service very good, and Chef salum even came by our table to ask if all was OK. I have no complaints and my wife was very pleased with her birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breath of fresh airBilly525VIPDined on 7/29/2014Was out of town for a while and, upon returning, wanted to return to Salum right away. I did, and am awfully glad! It was like a breath of fresh air: wonderful food, incredible service, and a beautiful ambiance. Thanks, Salum! It's nice to be home.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salute to SalumPascualetxVIPDined on 7/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our visit to Salum. We had mussels, roasted garlic with goat cheese, beef filet with chimichuri sauce and the scallops. It was all delicious! Our server, Neil, was attentive, unobtrusive, and pleasant. Will definitely put Salum in my regular rotation of favorite spots!Special Features:
- Unhappy experienceDaveDined on 7/26/2014After having several good experiences at Salum's we took some friends there for dinner. Three of us ordered pan seared scollops. They were undercooked, almost inedible. The service was also poor. We had to hale servers to order and they never checked back to ask how our meal was. What a disappointment.
- Salum Restaurant - always good!LindaDined on 7/26/2014We love Salum - we love Abraham Salum, the owner/chef, we love the people who work there, the great food, good wine, impeccable and attentive, but not overbearing, service, and just the warmth of the place!Special Features:
- FantasticBillNancyDined on 7/21/2014A gem of a restaurant ... Pate is always great, great staff and great service and of course the food is always sensational . Maybe I should be touting Salum so highly.... I might not get a table next time if the secret gets out. Kudos to,Abraham and his entire staff... You do it rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedBVIPDined on 7/12/2014Salum never disappoints. Whether a special occasion or just a nice evening out you will find great food with attentive service. There is enough selection in each category that everyone will find something to satisfy. I never hesitate to recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- magyVIPDined on 7/11/2014chef needs to go back to school perhaps to become a carpenter
- always a pleasureBilly525VIPDined on 7/7/2014another winning menu for July! Wonderful sandwiches, salads, and entrees. As always, incredible service! Love this place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good friends, good time.ladieson11Dined on 7/1/2014This restaurant is a neighborhood wonderful place. It is close to where my group of friends live. I was surprised at the lack of a packed restaurant, which used to be the case. The food is still very good, everyone enjoyed the great selection offered and everyone said their meal was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantasticconnie574Dined on 6/30/2014We always enjoy dining at Salum. The ambience is wonderful. The food always superior. A fine dining atmosphere where you can always have a conversation with your guests without noise.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic MealReinhardVIPDined on 6/28/2014Consistently tops! Neil's and Kristin's service is always tops. Our meal last Saturday was nothing short of superb - Sea Bass with a very light coconut-inflected sauce and crispy corn nuggets, and Lobster Tail. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy a lunch or dinner here!Special Features:
- best lunch yet at SalumBilly525VIPDined on 6/24/2014You don't have much time left for the June menu. You simply cannot miss the fettuccine with shrimp, combined with the caprese salad! Best meal I have had - yet - at Salum (and that is sayings something)! Flawless!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Thank you for a fun night of great food and service. Very attentive server and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always consistantly fine.BusterVIPDined on 6/19/2014I have always had wonderful meals here. Pleasant staff, beautiful dining room; it tends to get noisy the later on in the evenings. excellent bartender.Special Features:
- lovely, as alwaysBilly525VIPDined on 6/19/2014Honestly, if you let the month of June slip by and do not try the Fried Chicken Wrap or the Shrimp in Linguine, you will be missing out, I promise you! Wonderful dining, as always, and all chefs dropped by the table to make us feel welcome today. Not many places in Dallas that will treat you this well!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb findMU2015foodieDined on 6/12/2014This is the first restaurant we visited when relocating to Dallas and was an excellent choice. The presentation was great, food superb, and personal touches by the Abraham Salum and staff wonderful. We would recommend this to anyone!Special Features:
- Consistently GreatRickDined on 5/30/2014The one thing constant with this long-running restaurant is the consistency. From the creatively crafted and delicious dishes, to the outstanding but not hovering service, its always an great evening at Salum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreggVIPDined on 5/10/2014Overall the experience we very good. Only issue is we had to ask several times for the warm bread. Otherwise we had a lovely evening and will return The lobster ravioli arrived with a generous serving of lobster and the bacon scallops were prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another b-day celebration at SalumMarylouDined on 5/10/2014My birthday celebration on Saturday night was delightful in many ways. We were seated near the open kitchen, so we could watch the chefs working their magic. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable and vivacious. The mood was celebratory. The appetizers, entrees, and Emeritus wine combined for a celebration which was perfecto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.