4152 Cole Ave # 103
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salumrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2142529604
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Abraham Salum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The room can be rented for private parties on Sunday evenings.
- Private Party Contact: Abraham Salum 2142529604
A word from Salum Restaurant
Centrally located between the West Village and Knox - Henderson areas, Salum is a casual yet elegant and comfortable space composed by Julio Quiñones, one of Dallas’ most progressive young designers. The spacious dining room displays a welcoming palette of brown, green and beige, with a sleek open kitchen as the focal point. Salum combines the intimacy of a neighborhood establishment with the quality of a fine dining restaurant with an atmosphere that is approachable and distinctive yet unpretentious ~ a marriage of vision, passion and skill with the goal of providing its visitors with an extraordinary dining experience. Owner and Chef Abraham Salum offers an array of contemporary American cuisine that combines the highest quality seasonal ingredients with a nuanced use of contrasting and complementary flavors to create a vibrant and visually inviting menu. Menus change once a month. Parties of 5 or more are not available on line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Salum Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Salum Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (59)romantic (46)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (24)good for groups (13)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Marcus08Dined on 10/17/2014Love Abraham! It's always fun when he comes around to say hello. He and the staff always make me feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently AmazingHPDadVIPDined on 10/17/2014Although the menu changes, the quality is always top notch. From appetizer through dessert, you will not be dissapointed. No matter what I choose, old standby or new addition, they are always amazing. When you add the hospitality of the management, the overall experience is amazing. Not sure why I try new restaurants in Dallas all the time, would be much happier if I just went back here more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!Billy525VIPDined on 10/15/2014Best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had - with argula and an olive spread. Cream of asparagus soup was perfect complement!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulsa TasterTulsaTasterDined on 10/11/2014Salum is a gem! I had added a food request of no grains on the reservation and our waitress knew of this. She explained everything on the menu in terms of how the items could be modified to accommodate my dietary needs. The food was wonderfully delicious and the service friendly and impeccably carried out. I will definitely return whenever in the Dallas area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014We love dining at Salum. They always remember you and Chef Sader made a point to come out of the kitchen to greet us. Wendy, our server, is great. Very friendly and helpful. Love that they change up the menu monthly but always keep a few favorites on there. See you soon!Special Features:
- multiple reviews; all the sameBusterVIPDined on 10/4/2014excellent food, talented staff and WAY TOO NOISY. but, we had out of town guests and thought we arrived early; by time the restaurant filled it was impossible to hear the person speak who was seated across from the other guest.
- PerfectWinedoctorVIPDined on 10/3/2014Salum is a wonderful restaurant. The owner Abraham Salum is always there, working hard making sure all of his guests are happy. The food is always delicious. We love that a portion of the menu changes frequently. The monthly special salads are always great. Last night I had the scallops entrée with an edamame puree that was like really good mashed potatoes. The restaurant is just fancy enough for a romantic dinner for two, but casual enough for a relaxed dinner as well. Prices are moderate, and the prices are actually very good for the level of food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Under the radarOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/1/2014The best 'under the radar' restaurant in Dallas. Also the last of the true 'owner/chef' (Abraham Salum) restaurants and it shows in the consistently great food with new twists and the attention to detail that the staff provides. And it is quiet enough to have a normal dinner discussion, I love that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful lunch!Billy525VIPDined on 9/30/2014According to my co-worker, he had the best club sandwich in town (with melted cheese!!!). I had the shrimp wrap and it was superb. Friendly, uber-efficient staff sets the right tone from beginning to end. Chef Abraham always friendly and eager to say hello.
- JeffDined on 9/29/2014Always have a lovely time at Salum. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the food is consistently magnificent, and the ambience is always perfect. Definitely a favorite place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/20/2014I have eaten here lots of times and have always been pleased. However, we went here for my husband's birthday and were so disappointed. Hostess on the phone for 5mins after we arrived (ok but for the 3 other people that walked by and saw us standing there), 20mins for someone to take our drink order (not our waitress as she was "very busy"), wine came during salad course, had to refill our own wine, after-dinner drink came in the middle of dessert, no one checked on us after main course served. We were thankful for the lovely man that cleared dishes and served more water. Otherwise, we would have been completely ignored. Our waitress should find a new occupation. Food was still very good.
- Billy525VIPDined on 9/11/2014Fabulous September menu. There were so many great items on the menu, we will be back at least three more times to try them all. October will be here before we know it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- POLAKVIPDined on 9/9/2014WE SPENT $33 of $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE WHEICH WOULD HAVE MEANT A $17 TIP ALONG WITH OUR CASH $10 tip so we asked to add a salad and the waiter had a problem with that
- Continually GoodWiserolderDined on 9/6/2014Service, food preparation, presentation and taste all excellent..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BbbbVIPDined on 9/6/2014I had stated in the reservation that it was our anniversary, but no acknowledgement was made.
- Great as alwaysDrJudyKDined on 9/6/2014Salum is one thing I can always count on in Dallas dining:-) It has been consistently excellent over a course of many visits.Special Features:
- Friends are always impressedFerlingettiDined on 9/3/2014I take people to Salum for lunch when I want them to be happy, pampered, and talkative. The wait staff and the food make all that happen. Chef is a genius while remembering that surprises should always be pleasant.Special Features:
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Always a pleasure to dine here, and Chef Abraham is always on board greeting and seating customers.Special Features:
- A FavoritelunchtimeDined on 8/29/2014Food, service, and ambiance were all great We invited our friends from Ft. Worth to join us and they were most impressed; in fact called us after they returned home to tell us again how much they enjoyed their lunch. While we enjoyed lunch on this visit, dinner is an equally enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!KBW71Dined on 8/26/2014Perfect date night with superb food, wine and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Dinner ExperienceJohnSDined on 8/26/2014Our dinner was business (among friends) was PERFECT! The food and hospitality were truly outstanding which certainly added to an already outstanding synergistic meeting. The Perch, Pork Tenderloin and Lobster could not have been better. The prices were very reasonable for the quality of the food at this very fine restaurant. I HIGHLY recommend Salum, and it is certainly on the TOP of my list for both romantic dinners and securing great business relationships.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Reuben!Billy525VIPDined on 8/26/2014August is almost over, which means this wonderful sandwich will be taken off the menu. Sad, indeed. Everything here is always delicious, however, so I am greatly anticipating what September will bring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu updated regularlyBusterVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Always great food and service. We now go either Monday or Tuesday; never crowded and never noisy. Same great food.Special Features:
- lmtxDined on 8/23/2014Very creative and well presented food.Everything was very good to excellent. I've dinned here four times and always enjoyed and found value in a sophisticated restaurant.the wine list is thoughtful and fairly priced which is a factor in my selecting this establishment.Special Features:
- wonderful reubensBilly525VIPDined on 8/19/2014As always, lovely lunch. Both of us ordered the reuben today on delicious marble rye bread. Fantastic! Impeccable service, as always. We love Salum!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MealLLHallDined on 8/16/2014First time and for Restaurant Week. AWESOME food! Our waitress was a bit over confident and too hands-off, but the pace of the meal was a nice and leisurely. Overall a wonderful experience and highly recommended.Special Features:
- Loved ItMMMMDined on 8/15/2014The cuisine was outstanding and the ambiance was very pleasant. Great date night spot.Special Features:
- Excellent and FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We were there for 2014 restaurant week, and it did not disappoint. This is one of my favorite restaurants. Their menu changes, but they keep favorites like rack of lamb and the goat's cheese/garlic starter is amazing. They always have fantastic flavorful entrees prepared perfectly. The service is consistently excellent and consistently friendly and elegant atmosphere. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/14/2014The decor and lighting of Salum make it seem like it would be a very romantic spot, but the noise level is almost unbearable. I'm not sure if it's because it's just such a small place or if they just have bad acoustics (the floor is stained concrete with carpet over some parts), but it is not pleasant. It's very difficult to speak to your date and I found myself wanting to leave quickly because the sound level was overwhelming. The food was decent (dessert was the best part), and the service was good, but I would not go back.
- Great food, excellent serviceEpicurean31Dined on 8/14/2014Unfortunately when we dined there during the Restaurant's week the noise level was unacceptable and prohibited us from hearing each other and converse. Will give it another try on a regular night.Special Features:
- Good but not greatPDaddyDined on 8/13/2014It was just slightly above average this time...one of our favs as a couple but we both left feeling a little dissatisfied.Special Features:
- great service tops great foodBilly525VIPDined on 8/12/2014While the food and menu at Salum are always at the top of their proverbial games, one simply can't beat the service! From the busboy to the servers to the kitchen staff to owner and chef Abraham, they make you feel like part of the family. This is a real winner!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was great! Very fresh and tasty. I highly recommend this wonderful neighborhood eatery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DisappointmentJuliaWDined on 8/11/2014This was not my first time at Salum, but it was my first time without the company of some very well-known and wealthy dinner guests. It may be possible that a reputation is what you need to get served properly at this restaurant. Although the waitress was kinda at first, she was seated another five tables after us. After she dropped our food off, she was not back for another 30 minutes. My husband's steak was overcooked, and when I informed her, she neither apologized or made any attempt to remedy the situation. I understand that waitress' get busy, having been one myself, but it is very easy to make a customer pleased by simply offering a free dessert or a reduced tab. This experience was not worth the $$$ bill.
- SalumLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/11/2014Always a favorite during Restaurant week. Service and food impecable.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemlooneytunesDined on 8/8/2014Visit Salum with a wonderful variety of neighborhood people. The food, wine and ambiance is excellent. The wait staff is the best and you always come away ready to come back.Special Features:
- Delicious mealChrisVIPDined on 8/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed out most recent meal there; it's a great neighborhood restaurant. Salum does a wonderful job serving inventive, delicious cuisine with entree prices typically under $30. The quality is akin to many places that service $35+ entrees. Enjoy the wine by the glass selections and appreciate when there is a knowledgeable server who can make informed recommendations.Special Features:
- One of our favesDinincrazyDined on 8/2/2014We eat out a lot and this one is at the top of our list. Amazing food, great service, all around awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 stars all the wayseniorVIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent in all categories. It is a bit pricey, but the portions are ample with a side on the plate. The staff is very attentive and focused on your satisfaction. The fish dishes are always great.
- Birthday BestShankopotamusDined on 8/1/2014Took my wife, son and daughter-ijn-law for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. This was our first visit to Salum and it will not be our last. The food was delicious, service very good, and Chef salum even came by our table to ask if all was OK. I have no complaints and my wife was very pleased with her birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.