751 Saluda Avenue
Columbia, SC 29205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saludas.com/
- Phone: 8037999500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 nights a week 5:30 to 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Blake Faries
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Saluda's can cater any event with items from our dinner menu, or we can customize a menu to fit your needs. Saluda's can handle all of your needs from an offsite boxed lunch for your officer to a wedding reception for two hundred. Please call Steve Cook at Saluda's to book your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Saluda's private dining room is the perfect place for any private function. Our room is soundproof, has its own door, and has independent temperature and music controls from the main dining room. We can host pharmaceutical programs, rehearsal dinners, private business meetings, and any other function. Customized dinner menus allow you to wine and dine your guests with style.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Cook 8037999500
- Special Events: Quiet pharmaceutical presentation. Exclusive business engagement. Elegant rehearsal dinner. Luxurious cocktail party. Whatever the occasion may be, one of Saluda's private dining rooms is perfect for your next event. Allow us to personalize your function by choosing dishes from our seasonally inspired menu or let us do the work with one of our preset large group menus. Our Events Coordinator can customize your function with nearly limitless possibilities available.
A word from Saluda's
Located in the heart of Five Points, just steps from the University of South Carolina’s campus and less than a mile from the state capitol building, Saluda’s has been impressing Columbia residents and visitors since it opened to much fanfare in 1996. Saluda's has created an exciting menu intermingling classically prepared dishes with cutting edge techniques and ingredients. Saluda's menu is built around mixing locally grown seasonal products with luxurious ingredients from around the world. Saluda's features Southern cuisine with French and Italian influences to create a menu both familiar and new. Our professional and courteous staff serves all of our guests with true Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Saluda's - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Saluda's reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (117)romantic (107)great for outdoor dining (82)fit for foodies (63)scenic view (60)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (51)good for groups (38)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Very good, but not greatEatingwellDined on 9/15/2014In all fairness, dining late on a Monday night may not be the best way to evaluate a restaurant. My food was vey good, but more expensive than innovative. Server was distracted, but dutiful.Special Features:
- Worst service everEatwell2Dined on 9/14/2014I had a reservation for seven people. The seating was fine, the ordering was fine also. The problem started when the food was delivered. The waiter forgot one persons meal. While the entire table waiting before starting we had to get the attention of two other waiters before ours could be located. Finally the final guests meal arrived but not before everyone food had gotten cold. The waiter upon our request said to see the manager said " well he was the one serving the food, did you not speak with him". Once we finally saw the manager he said " you can't be that upset for one person getting their food late. I've already served 400 people today and can't really be expected to spend too much time on a table of 7" We will not visit again.
- Great place to dine w /love ones.LoveitDined on 9/14/2014I really e joy eating here. Did not like the new menu for this week. Hope hey bring ribeye and halibut fish and oyster Rockefeller back.Special Features:
- Delicious!EuropeanesqueInSCDined on 9/14/2014Took our parents out for their birthday - smiles all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014My husband, son and I dined at Saluda's last weekend. It was delicious! It was a nice evening, so we were able to dine on the porch. We are looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlosDined on 9/11/2014My only disappointment is that the bone end ribeye has been removed from the menu. That steak is the reason I frequently dine at Saluda's.Special Features:
- A very Pleasant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014We found this by chance and truly enjoyed it. Our server, James, took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseVipperDined on 9/5/2014We hadn't been to Saluda's in years, but we heard about how much they had improved. We were not disappointed! The wedge salad, simple, yet one of the best I've had. The pork chop is incredible! We all ordered different dinners and shared. Shrimp and grits is very rich and scrumptious as were the special steak and grouper. Saluda's is definitely being added into our "rotation" for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKenDVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food and services! I love the outside dining over looking the fountain in 5 points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastBD22Dined on 8/31/2014I have heard of Saludas but never been so I thought I would take my wife and have a nice dinner for her birthday. The facility looked very nice and clean. Our waiter was knowledge about the menu and what ingredients were used to make the dishes. The waiter explained a a few dishes that were not listed on the menu. He also gave us a heads up of what they were out of before we looked at everything on the menu so it prevented a bad experience. The wine and food was delicious. Presented very well on the plate. Our appetizer and salad was out in less than 5 minutes. After leaving the restaurant I called a few of my family members to let them know of my experience and now we all plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and food. Pricy.sensibledinerDined on 8/31/2014My steak was delicious but was served on a bed of slaw with a few fried potato slivers and garnished with greens. I am more of a steak and potato man. My wife enjoyed her shrimp a scallops and wasn't overly concerned about the lack of a potato or rice. As previously indicated the food is a bit pricy. The good news is that we had a Groupon for $70 which only cost $35. It would have to be a very special occasion to pay full price. Parking was limited. We went on a Sunday evening. I would imagine parking would be more of an issue on Friday and Saturday night.Special Features:
- Good food, spotty servicegrayghostDined on 8/29/2014Planned as an anniversary dinner with a 7:30 reservation on a Friday evening. (Turns out we didn't need it, plenty of empty tables.) Server came by shortly thereafter and got us set with drinks. We started with salads which were very good but it was odd that the promised bread didn't make its appearance 'til the salads were almost gone. The main courses seemed to take quite a while to show up in a restaurant that was only half full but we weren't impatient (yet). The filet and pork chop were excellent. We ordered tiramisu but sadly it was very disappointing. It took forever to get our check and cash out because our server was preoccupied with a table of attractive girls. Nice guy but he clearly got sidetracked. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We celebrated a 25th birthday party with a small group, but our waitress went above and beyond to make sure our service was exceptional! The food was fantastic and the wine list was spot on. The evening could not have gone any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!JohnDined on 8/26/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary here and everything was outstanding as usual. Food was delicious, creative, with excellent presentations. Service was prompt, friendly, and informative. Wine selections great AR reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!SaludasDined on 8/24/2014I took my Girlfriend there for her 30th birthday and we both enjoyed ourselves and the quiet atmosphere definitely was a nice touch. The food there is amazing with plenty to eat regardless of your personal palate. We will definitely be back and willnot hesitate to suggest both Saludas and opentable.com to other i come across in the same need as me...looking to do something special at a nice restaurant and wanting to do it via reservations. Thanks again for aiding me in making it a rememberable evening for her.Special Features:
- This place never gets old.BrittanieDined on 8/24/2014Always a lovely experience dining at Saludas. I would like to mention our waiter James, he was incredibly friendly, confident on making meal and wine suggestions and very. attentive. That alone makes a dining experience memorable. The employees there have always been great, but James had gone above and beyond to make our doing experience top notch. I do make it a habit to come to Saludas as much as possible, and I will definitely be returning. Highly recommend for small groups (4-6) or as a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was wonderful. The building is a little hard to find. The sign isn't at street level its on the 2nd floor of the building. There's very little parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Another fabulous meal with top notch service. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Best vibe in ColumbiachickslovechocolateDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has always been one of the classics of Columbia. The best location in the heart of Five Points and great food consistently!Special Features:
- Great Experience :)YankmedicDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant is a definitely worth the visit should you find yourself in Columbia, SC. The food, ambience and service all combined resulted in a memorable evening that was thoroughly enjoyable. The ambience and décor were upscale but not pretentious. The service was attentive and friendly but not overbearing or intrusive. The food was delightful and the wine list was the commendable. The owner even went above and beyond the call of service by offering to comp our dessert and after dinner drink when they politely asked us to move to the bar since they needed the table for another guest since we took an extended period of time to finish. Overall, it was a thoroughly rewarding experience. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBesteverDined on 8/12/2014Our server Chase was the absolute best. We ended up staying much longer due to our guest being in an accident on the way. Chase was very attentive an made us feel comfortable and welcome in our own distress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Absolutely the BEST place we have ever went to. Shrimp and scallops are killer, along with desert. A must try place for that special occasion. No complaints at all. Quality all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good menuFurmanFoodieDined on 8/10/2014Atmosphere was great, but had a waiter that seemed new and an appetizer and an entree came out cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesJkonDined on 8/9/2014We've eaten here a number of times and it has always been excellent. The chef has some creative, interesting flavor combinations.Special Features:
- Love SaludasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014I once took my girlfriend to Saludas for our first date... Then, we started going to Saludas more often: our wedding dinner, Christmas Parties, special occasions and regular occasions. Its our go-to for out of town guests. Saludas never disappoints - even when you show up with a guest with an allergy and a one year old- Saludas is the same - just wonderful. GREAT Food, Perfect service, a solid beer and wine list. Columbia's gem. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience in ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My guest and I had a fantastic time. Kevin was our server and he was very knowledgeable, prompt and polite. The food was amazing and fresh. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fave!ParkJonesDined on 8/4/2014We absolutely love this place. Often our go to spot for date night. On this visit we celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor dinintflanancyDined on 8/3/2014We have been to saludas many times and the food and the outdoor dining is very nice.Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!Luv2dineVIPDined on 8/2/2014My family and I like always really enjoy the service and food at Saluda's. I ordered the Pork Chops and when I recived my food the chops were not cooked all the way. I told our waiter and he was more than happy to take it back and get it cook the way that I wanted it. When I got it back it was just like I wanted it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday evening outBirthdayFunDined on 7/30/2014A good place to dine; great atmosphere; service was very good and help with wine choice was right on.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening!JacknBethDined on 7/27/2014Another wonderful evening made complete by dining at our favorite restaurant, Saluda's! Fried green tomato's w/barbecue was wonderful as was the shrimp and grits and cod fish. All so well prepared and presented. Great chocolate cake w/ice cream and the cream brulee' was fabulous. Great evening ! Thx saluda's, we'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday dining on the patio!VeggieTreDined on 7/27/2014We booked Saluda's at the last minute as a cool and accessible place to enjoy the musical tribute in 5 points and have a bite! My friends and I has a great time. The food was tasty and diverse. I don't eat meat, and I was pleased to see there were several offerings on the menu: the eggplant fries were awesome! Our server was attentive, gracious and accomodating. We ate on the patio so we could enjoy the music and even with the ceiling fans on it was a bit warm...but that didn't dampen our experience! I've seen the groupon and wanted to go and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My special dateExoticDined on 7/26/2014I have been to this restaurant about a half dozen times and each time I have really enjoyed the cuisine. This is the restaurant that I go to when I desire to try new exotic dishes. Generally I reserve these moments for chefs at seaports and on cruise ship fine dinning. Saluda is ideal for fine dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Saluda'sAliceAnnDined on 7/26/2014Great ambience on the terrace and wonderful service. The fish special was delicious! Looking forward to next time. It's always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High price and raw meatTonyaDined on 7/26/2014I took my sister here for her 40th birthday as a surprise girls' night out. We used a gift certificate from restaurants.com to help with the cost because I knew it was going to be expensive. Even with getting the cheaper entrées, drinking water and not eating appetizers, after the tip we still payed over $40 after using a $25 gift card that I got for a few dollars with an online deal. I got lamb, and most of it was raw. My sister got a pork chop, and the very center of it was uncooked as well. The dining area was so noisy we ate outside, but with it being a hot, humid night we sweat and were not very comfortable. I was disappointed but we made the best of our time together celebrating her day.Special Features:
- amazingWSP29150Dined on 7/22/2014The food was outstanding the restaurant was amazingly clean the watier was polite an knowledgeableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service was goodMAD22Dined on 7/19/2014Food was very good, quick attentive service. Very nice night out on the terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner for 4 2 occasionstigerlilyDined on 7/16/2014Nice window seating Also lovely outdoor seating since weather permitted Great appetizers fried green tomatoes & buffalo oysters Great entrees rib-eye, pork chop, grouper Gelato dessert - shared w/ group - all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern gemBethcoughyDined on 7/14/2014If you like shrimp and grits or want to try some, Saluda's has the best in Cola...maybe in the entire state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHungrymanDined on 7/14/2014Salinas has the best filet in town. Tonight was no different as the steak with oysters and AMAZING Mac n cheese was a delight. My wife and I always look forward to going here to eat. Keep up the great atmosphere and food.Special Features: