751 Saluda Avenue
Columbia, SC 29205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saludas.com/
- Phone: (803) 799-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 nights a week 5:30 to 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Blake Faries
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Saluda's can cater any event with items from our dinner menu, or we can customize a menu to fit your needs. Saluda's can handle all of your needs from an offsite boxed lunch for your officer to a wedding reception for two hundred. Please call Steve Cook at Saluda's to book your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Saluda's private dining room is the perfect place for any private function. Our room is soundproof, has its own door, and has independent temperature and music controls from the main dining room. We can host pharmaceutical programs, rehearsal dinners, private business meetings, and any other function. Customized dinner menus allow you to wine and dine your guests with style.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Cook 8037999500
- Special Events: Quiet pharmaceutical presentation. Exclusive business engagement. Elegant rehearsal dinner. Luxurious cocktail party. Whatever the occasion may be, one of Saluda's private dining rooms is perfect for your next event. Allow us to personalize your function by choosing dishes from our seasonally inspired menu or let us do the work with one of our preset large group menus. Our Events Coordinator can customize your function with nearly limitless possibilities available.
A word from Saluda's
Located in the heart of Five Points, just steps from the University of South Carolina’s campus and less than a mile from the state capitol building, Saluda’s has been impressing Columbia residents and visitors since it opened to much fanfare in 1996. Saluda's has created an exciting menu intermingling classically prepared dishes with cutting edge techniques and ingredients. Saluda's menu is built around mixing locally grown seasonal products with luxurious ingredients from around the world. Saluda's features Southern cuisine with French and Italian influences to create a menu both familiar and new. Our professional and courteous staff serves all of our guests with true Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Saluda's - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Saluda's reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (108)fit for foodies (74)great for outdoor dining (70)neighborhood gem (56)scenic view (48)notable wine list (47)good for groups (36)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- A Great Place to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014To mark a significant accomplishment for our son and his wife, my wife and I wanted to treat them with a nice meal at a place where we could quietly celebrate. Mission accomplished! We all ordered something different and no one was disappointed. The service was friendly and efficient. Very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date nightKregalDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I chose Saludas for a date night, and we were very impressed! Our server was very polite and very accommodating to us. The atmosphere was so relaxed and romantic. The food was amazing!!! My husband ordered the shrimp and grits and I ordered the filet mignon I would recommend both dishes! We also ordered the crab cakes for our appetizer, it was all nothing short of amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and helpful staffBgorVIPDined on 11/15/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed Saluda's and greatly enjoyed the ambiance and food. Service was excellent from the bar to the table. We chose the Country Fried Duck Breast and the Steak du Jour. Both were excellent but the flavors were developed more with the duck. I would order the duck again, and perhaps try something different than the steak special. Great location for romantic evening and fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014Had a great time dining at Saluda's. The beef carpaccio appetizer was delicious, followed by the fish of the day (salmon) and hanger steak (although some of the meat was chewy, overall, with the collards, mashed sweet potato and pulled pork, this dish really ties together very well). And the warm chocolate dessert was to die for. That good. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceMrsHinesDined on 11/14/2014Our server Conner (from Irmo) was attentive and very accommodating. We had a great time and would come back again and again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Columbia's best...MerrillDined on 11/13/2014Filets were excellent as was the Osso Buco. In fact, all of our food was delicious. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romance in the airOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I brought my boyfriend there for a birthday dinner. We wanted somewhere romantic and upscale. Saludas definitely was top notch. Beautiful environment. Service was excellent and the selection was amazing. Definitely pricy. I chose the lamb entree and was a bit overwhelmed by it. It tasted delicious but there was not a wide variety on the plate. The lamb took over everything which like I said was a bit overwhelming and ended up not eating much of it. But overall great place for special occasion and beautiful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always ImpressedQboyksDined on 11/10/2014This was my 3rd time at Saludas I am always impressed with the food and service. It was my girlfriends 1st time and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional !JacknBethDined on 11/8/2014Saluda's Is our favorite fine dining restaurant in Columbia. Two of us tried the new deckel steak with fried egg and grits. I've never had a better steak! So much flavor! The couple with us had shrimp and grits and commented that Charleston only wished that they had a dish this good. wonderful food and service! We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- Great food!Bhols12Dined on 11/6/2014My first time here and I was very impressed. Waiter suggested the shrimp and grits and it was the best I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tusoDined on 11/4/2014Everything was 5 star about this restaurant! It is a little pricey, but you certainly get what you pay for. Wonderful experience for special occasions as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Outstanding RestaurantHolstonRiverVolDined on 10/31/2014Coming from out of town we carefuly revoewd some of the top rated reatairants before deciding on Saluda's. We were not disappointed in our choice! The food was excellent and the ambiance special. We will return whenrver we find purselves in Columbia. WE would recommend this resaurant to anyone who enjoys fine food. It is fairly expensive bit well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to placeLMV126VIPDined on 10/31/2014Third time eating here while visiting son at USC. Great food, great service, reasonable prices, free valet. We really like this place and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- love2finedinesimplythe1Dined on 10/25/2014Awesome restaurant! Ambiance is excellent! Valet is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionParkJonesDined on 10/24/2014My friends and I really enjoyed the customer service and great food. A1 service all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!alwayzme12Dined on 10/24/2014Ambiance and Food were 5 star quality. A well kept secret in Columbia, SC. I highly recommend reserving your next meal here for an unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Saludas is greatchefjohnDined on 10/18/2014We love this place.We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. My wife had the shrimp and scallops absolutely fantastic. I had the sweet tea pork chop it was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not on par with priceGaboDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance at the restaurant was very nice as it was quiet and the outside balcony was really nice. The food and service were good but not on par with the price. We ordered food only (1 appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 desert) and our bill was $100. This is pretty typical of upscale restaurants and we were expecting it. However we were expecting great food as well. We had empanadas as an appetizer (good but not worth $12), lamb ossobuco (good), steak (very good) with a crabcake (okay) and fries (wouldn't expect them on a $41 entree) and a chocolate cake dessert (very good). I think that the restaurant has great potential, they just need to step it up a notch in the kitchen.Special Features:
- foodie231VIPDined on 10/11/2014Great place with great food! The only negative I can say was the soup was hardly warm and we sent it back with no problems. Soup was delicious!Special Features:
- awesome food & wait staffMarathonersDined on 10/11/2014WONDERFULLY ENJOYABLE EVENING. HIGHLY B RECOMMEND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.ThomasDined on 10/7/2014This was the best dining experience I had all year. Food was awesome and the service exceptional. I will be going back next weekend. I was very impressed.Special Features:
- YumJode8uDined on 10/5/2014This is special food. Entrees were 10 out of 10. Server made us feel at ease and was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite fancy date night place in town. Great menu, great portions. Staff is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was great. My only issue was I made a reservation days in advance and still had to wait for a table when there were numerous tables available. Service could've been better, server seemed to take care of other tables a lot better than mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavorsFoodieWannabeDined on 10/2/2014Had a wonderfully slow meal with my wife enjoying the appetizer, soup and salad specials along with two exquisite entrees. As native Mainers, we were especially impressed with the lobster bisque. The duck breast was a great recommendation and the Lamb Osso Bucco fell right off the bone. This was definitely a high end dining experience which is normally beyond my budget, but worth an occasional stretch.Special Features:
- Excellent Find!foodiecoupleDined on 9/28/2014I loved Saluda's! I bought a groupon for Saluda's for my fiance's birthday and was a bit hesitate at first. I was concerned about the location, food, and seemingly uppity feel of the restaurant. I was so wrong!!! I loved the food, the atmosphere, the service, and the total experience. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful view of five points at night. My fiance had the sweet tea porkchop and I enjoyed the seared scallops and shrimp. Both were amazing. The food was perfectly cooked and flavored. Our server (wish I could remember his name) was amazing! Very attentive but did not hover. The restaurant even helped us celebrate with excellent dessert choices! (Hot chocolate cake is where it's at!) Definitely a new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendColumbiaguyDined on 9/28/2014The service was not good, everyone seemed to be having a bad day and the hostess proceeded to tell us why she was having a bad night. The waiter was very neglectful and we over heard the table next to us talking about the bad services too. The appetizer was a low grade of tuna with lots of chewing fat in it. My fish was way over cooked and my wife and my food was way over salted. I would recommend not eating here even if you are being treated. Not good.
- Very GoodEddieDined on 9/28/2014Everything we had was delicious and the service was great. Shrimp and grits is worth trying; it's very different than any I've ever had in a good way. The filet was outstanding. Great food!Special Features:
- Date NightMrsDDined on 9/27/2014I purchased a Groupon for Hubby & I to enjoy a nice "Adult" dinner. It was amazing. The intimate setting was nice and the food was unbelievable!! And the waitress, I think Margaret, was GREAT!! Great choice and great night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food is superb as always. Live crab cakes, pork chop. Next time trying the fish too. The waiter was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The MoneyGamecockDadDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal and dining experience with our daughter and her close friend who we cherish as our "other" daughter on Parent's Weekend 2014. All of our meals were outstanding, and our daughter's pork chop was the best I've tasted EVER! I highly recommend Saludas and will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agc13171Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, nice atmosphere, great service. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I had the Sweet Tea Pork Chop and my wife and daughter had the Country Fried Duck Breast. Both were excellent and perfectly complimented with their respective sides. It was fairly quiet on an early Saturday evening (which was surprising) but welcome as the waiter was not overwhelmed and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodJimCDined on 9/19/2014Been awhile since we have dined at Saluda's. It was a nice evening so we chose to be seated on their covered porch. The weather was lovely, but the rowdy drunks below didn't blend with the overall ambiance. The food, however, was delicious. Much better than we remembered from our last visit. The portions were generous and the presentation was very nice. All in all, it was a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendyummyfood4meDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance was very nice for small group dining, and had a quiet noise level great for conversation. However, we sat on the balcony and the noise from CJ's below was not ideal. The waitstaff were very professional and accommodating. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer, which was very good and arrived in a timely fashion. The duck and shrimp were also very flavorful and cooked as requested. Overall I would love to dine at Saluda's again.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner on a gorgeous nightmrsm1214Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Saluda's. The weather was perfect, so we opted to dine outside. Service and food were excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very good, but not greatEatingwellDined on 9/15/2014In all fairness, dining late on a Monday night may not be the best way to evaluate a restaurant. My food was vey good, but more expensive than innovative. Server was distracted, but dutiful.Special Features:
- Best Overall Spot in ColumbiaXEagleDriverDined on 9/15/2014In Columbia SC, Saluda's has the best combination of food excellence, ambiance, and service. Other restaurants have equally excellent food (i.e. Oak Table, Tombo), nearly as good ambiance (i.e. Motor Supply Co.) and friendly, motivated, well-trained staff (i.e. Oak Table, Tombo), but what sets Saluda's apart is being top-notch in all three attributes. Pricey, yes; worth it, also yes.Special Features:
- Worst service everEatwell2Dined on 9/14/2014I had a reservation for seven people. The seating was fine, the ordering was fine also. The problem started when the food was delivered. The waiter forgot one persons meal. While the entire table waiting before starting we had to get the attention of two other waiters before ours could be located. Finally the final guests meal arrived but not before everyone food had gotten cold. The waiter upon our request said to see the manager said " well he was the one serving the food, did you not speak with him". Once we finally saw the manager he said " you can't be that upset for one person getting their food late. I've already served 400 people today and can't really be expected to spend too much time on a table of 7" We will not visit again.
- Great place to dine w /love ones.LoveitDined on 9/14/2014I really e joy eating here. Did not like the new menu for this week. Hope hey bring ribeye and halibut fish and oyster Rockefeller back.Special Features: