751 Saluda Avenue
Columbia, SC 29205Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saludas.com/
- Phone: 8037999500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner 7 nights a week 5:30 to 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Blake Faries
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Saluda's can cater any event with items from our dinner menu, or we can customize a menu to fit your needs. Saluda's can handle all of your needs from an offsite boxed lunch for your officer to a wedding reception for two hundred. Please call Steve Cook at Saluda's to book your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Saluda's private dining room is the perfect place for any private function. Our room is soundproof, has its own door, and has independent temperature and music controls from the main dining room. We can host pharmaceutical programs, rehearsal dinners, private business meetings, and any other function. Customized dinner menus allow you to wine and dine your guests with style.
- Private Party Contact: Steve Cook 8037999500
- Special Events: Quiet pharmaceutical presentation. Exclusive business engagement. Elegant rehearsal dinner. Luxurious cocktail party. Whatever the occasion may be, one of Saluda's private dining rooms is perfect for your next event. Allow us to personalize your function by choosing dishes from our seasonally inspired menu or let us do the work with one of our preset large group menus. Our Events Coordinator can customize your function with nearly limitless possibilities available.
A word from Saluda's
Located in the heart of Five Points, just steps from the University of South Carolina’s campus and less than a mile from the state capitol building, Saluda’s has been impressing Columbia residents and visitors since it opened to much fanfare in 1996. Saluda's has created an exciting menu intermingling classically prepared dishes with cutting edge techniques and ingredients. Saluda's menu is built around mixing locally grown seasonal products with luxurious ingredients from around the world. Saluda's features Southern cuisine with French and Italian influences to create a menu both familiar and new. Our professional and courteous staff serves all of our guests with true Southern hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Saluda's - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Saluda's reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (114)romantic (107)great for outdoor dining (79)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (58)scenic view (56)notable wine list (47)good for groups (35)hot spot (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Saludas is greatchefjohnDined on 10/18/2014We love this place.We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. My wife had the shrimp and scallops absolutely fantastic. I had the sweet tea pork chop it was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not on par with priceGaboDined on 10/17/2014The ambiance at the restaurant was very nice as it was quiet and the outside balcony was really nice. The food and service were good but not on par with the price. We ordered food only (1 appetizer, 2 entrees and 1 desert) and our bill was $100. This is pretty typical of upscale restaurants and we were expecting it. However we were expecting great food as well. We had empanadas as an appetizer (good but not worth $12), lamb ossobuco (good), steak (very good) with a crabcake (okay) and fries (wouldn't expect them on a $41 entree) and a chocolate cake dessert (very good). I think that the restaurant has great potential, they just need to step it up a notch in the kitchen.Special Features:
- foodie231VIPDined on 10/11/2014Great place with great food! The only negative I can say was the soup was hardly warm and we sent it back with no problems. Soup was delicious!Special Features:
- awesome food & wait staffMarathonersDined on 10/11/2014WONDERFULLY ENJOYABLE EVENING. HIGHLY B RECOMMEND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome.ThomasDined on 10/7/2014This was the best dining experience I had all year. Food was awesome and the service exceptional. I will be going back next weekend. I was very impressed.Special Features:
- YumJode8uDined on 10/5/2014This is special food. Entrees were 10 out of 10. Server made us feel at ease and was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014This is our favorite fancy date night place in town. Great menu, great portions. Staff is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was great. My only issue was I made a reservation days in advance and still had to wait for a table when there were numerous tables available. Service could've been better, server seemed to take care of other tables a lot better than mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing flavorsFoodieWannabeDined on 10/2/2014Had a wonderfully slow meal with my wife enjoying the appetizer, soup and salad specials along with two exquisite entrees. As native Mainers, we were especially impressed with the lobster bisque. The duck breast was a great recommendation and the Lamb Osso Bucco fell right off the bone. This was definitely a high end dining experience which is normally beyond my budget, but worth an occasional stretch.Special Features:
- Excellent Find!foodiecoupleDined on 9/28/2014I loved Saluda's! I bought a groupon for Saluda's for my fiance's birthday and was a bit hesitate at first. I was concerned about the location, food, and seemingly uppity feel of the restaurant. I was so wrong!!! I loved the food, the atmosphere, the service, and the total experience. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful view of five points at night. My fiance had the sweet tea porkchop and I enjoyed the seared scallops and shrimp. Both were amazing. The food was perfectly cooked and flavored. Our server (wish I could remember his name) was amazing! Very attentive but did not hover. The restaurant even helped us celebrate with excellent dessert choices! (Hot chocolate cake is where it's at!) Definitely a new favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendColumbiaguyDined on 9/28/2014The service was not good, everyone seemed to be having a bad day and the hostess proceeded to tell us why she was having a bad night. The waiter was very neglectful and we over heard the table next to us talking about the bad services too. The appetizer was a low grade of tuna with lots of chewing fat in it. My fish was way over cooked and my wife and my food was way over salted. I would recommend not eating here even if you are being treated. Not good.
- Very GoodEddieDined on 9/28/2014Everything we had was delicious and the service was great. Shrimp and grits is worth trying; it's very different than any I've ever had in a good way. The filet was outstanding. Great food!Special Features:
- Date NightMrsDDined on 9/27/2014I purchased a Groupon for Hubby & I to enjoy a nice "Adult" dinner. It was amazing. The intimate setting was nice and the food was unbelievable!! And the waitress, I think Margaret, was GREAT!! Great choice and great night!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food is superb as always. Live crab cakes, pork chop. Next time trying the fish too. The waiter was extremely good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth The MoneyGamecockDadDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed a wonderful meal and dining experience with our daughter and her close friend who we cherish as our "other" daughter on Parent's Weekend 2014. All of our meals were outstanding, and our daughter's pork chop was the best I've tasted EVER! I highly recommend Saludas and will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agc13171Dined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, nice atmosphere, great service. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent & very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014I had the Sweet Tea Pork Chop and my wife and daughter had the Country Fried Duck Breast. Both were excellent and perfectly complimented with their respective sides. It was fairly quiet on an early Saturday evening (which was surprising) but welcome as the waiter was not overwhelmed and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodJimCDined on 9/19/2014Been awhile since we have dined at Saluda's. It was a nice evening so we chose to be seated on their covered porch. The weather was lovely, but the rowdy drunks below didn't blend with the overall ambiance. The food, however, was delicious. Much better than we remembered from our last visit. The portions were generous and the presentation was very nice. All in all, it was a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommendyummyfood4meDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance was very nice for small group dining, and had a quiet noise level great for conversation. However, we sat on the balcony and the noise from CJ's below was not ideal. The waitstaff were very professional and accommodating. We ordered the calamari as an appetizer, which was very good and arrived in a timely fashion. The duck and shrimp were also very flavorful and cooked as requested. Overall I would love to dine at Saluda's again.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner on a gorgeous nightmrsm1214Dined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner at Saluda's. The weather was perfect, so we opted to dine outside. Service and food were excellent. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Very good, but not greatEatingwellDined on 9/15/2014In all fairness, dining late on a Monday night may not be the best way to evaluate a restaurant. My food was vey good, but more expensive than innovative. Server was distracted, but dutiful.Special Features:
- Best Overall Spot in ColumbiaXEagleDriverDined on 9/15/2014In Columbia SC, Saluda's has the best combination of food excellence, ambiance, and service. Other restaurants have equally excellent food (i.e. Oak Table, Tombo), nearly as good ambiance (i.e. Motor Supply Co.) and friendly, motivated, well-trained staff (i.e. Oak Table, Tombo), but what sets Saluda's apart is being top-notch in all three attributes. Pricey, yes; worth it, also yes.Special Features:
- Worst service everEatwell2Dined on 9/14/2014I had a reservation for seven people. The seating was fine, the ordering was fine also. The problem started when the food was delivered. The waiter forgot one persons meal. While the entire table waiting before starting we had to get the attention of two other waiters before ours could be located. Finally the final guests meal arrived but not before everyone food had gotten cold. The waiter upon our request said to see the manager said " well he was the one serving the food, did you not speak with him". Once we finally saw the manager he said " you can't be that upset for one person getting their food late. I've already served 400 people today and can't really be expected to spend too much time on a table of 7" We will not visit again.
- Great place to dine w /love ones.LoveitDined on 9/14/2014I really e joy eating here. Did not like the new menu for this week. Hope hey bring ribeye and halibut fish and oyster Rockefeller back.Special Features:
- Delicious!EuropeanesqueInSCDined on 9/14/2014Took our parents out for their birthday - smiles all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014My husband, son and I dined at Saluda's last weekend. It was delicious! It was a nice evening, so we were able to dine on the porch. We are looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlosDined on 9/11/2014My only disappointment is that the bone end ribeye has been removed from the menu. That steak is the reason I frequently dine at Saluda's.Special Features:
- A very Pleasant ExperienceharrynbobDined on 9/10/2014We found this by chance and truly enjoyed it. Our server, James, took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseVipperDined on 9/5/2014We hadn't been to Saluda's in years, but we heard about how much they had improved. We were not disappointed! The wedge salad, simple, yet one of the best I've had. The pork chop is incredible! We all ordered different dinners and shared. Shrimp and grits is very rich and scrumptious as were the special steak and grouper. Saluda's is definitely being added into our "rotation" for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKenDVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food and services! I love the outside dining over looking the fountain in 5 points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the lastBD22Dined on 8/31/2014I have heard of Saludas but never been so I thought I would take my wife and have a nice dinner for her birthday. The facility looked very nice and clean. Our waiter was knowledge about the menu and what ingredients were used to make the dishes. The waiter explained a a few dishes that were not listed on the menu. He also gave us a heads up of what they were out of before we looked at everything on the menu so it prevented a bad experience. The wine and food was delicious. Presented very well on the plate. Our appetizer and salad was out in less than 5 minutes. After leaving the restaurant I called a few of my family members to let them know of my experience and now we all plan on coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphere and food. Pricy.sensibledinerDined on 8/31/2014My steak was delicious but was served on a bed of slaw with a few fried potato slivers and garnished with greens. I am more of a steak and potato man. My wife enjoyed her shrimp a scallops and wasn't overly concerned about the lack of a potato or rice. As previously indicated the food is a bit pricy. The good news is that we had a Groupon for $70 which only cost $35. It would have to be a very special occasion to pay full price. Parking was limited. We went on a Sunday evening. I would imagine parking would be more of an issue on Friday and Saturday night.Special Features:
- Good food, spotty servicegrayghostDined on 8/29/2014Planned as an anniversary dinner with a 7:30 reservation on a Friday evening. (Turns out we didn't need it, plenty of empty tables.) Server came by shortly thereafter and got us set with drinks. We started with salads which were very good but it was odd that the promised bread didn't make its appearance 'til the salads were almost gone. The main courses seemed to take quite a while to show up in a restaurant that was only half full but we weren't impatient (yet). The filet and pork chop were excellent. We ordered tiramisu but sadly it was very disappointing. It took forever to get our check and cash out because our server was preoccupied with a table of attractive girls. Nice guy but he clearly got sidetracked. Not likely to return.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014We celebrated a 25th birthday party with a small group, but our waitress went above and beyond to make sure our service was exceptional! The food was fantastic and the wine list was spot on. The evening could not have gone any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!JohnDined on 8/26/2014Celebrated wedding anniversary here and everything was outstanding as usual. Food was delicious, creative, with excellent presentations. Service was prompt, friendly, and informative. Wine selections great AR reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!SaludasDined on 8/24/2014I took my Girlfriend there for her 30th birthday and we both enjoyed ourselves and the quiet atmosphere definitely was a nice touch. The food there is amazing with plenty to eat regardless of your personal palate. We will definitely be back and willnot hesitate to suggest both Saludas and opentable.com to other i come across in the same need as me...looking to do something special at a nice restaurant and wanting to do it via reservations. Thanks again for aiding me in making it a rememberable evening for her.Special Features:
- This place never gets old.BrittanieDined on 8/24/2014Always a lovely experience dining at Saludas. I would like to mention our waiter James, he was incredibly friendly, confident on making meal and wine suggestions and very. attentive. That alone makes a dining experience memorable. The employees there have always been great, but James had gone above and beyond to make our doing experience top notch. I do make it a habit to come to Saludas as much as possible, and I will definitely be returning. Highly recommend for small groups (4-6) or as a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was wonderful. The building is a little hard to find. The sign isn't at street level its on the 2nd floor of the building. There's very little parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Another fabulous meal with top notch service. Thank you again!Special Features:
- Best vibe in ColumbiachickslovechocolateDined on 8/16/2014This restaurant has always been one of the classics of Columbia. The best location in the heart of Five Points and great food consistently!Special Features: