Salud Tequila Lounge
1471 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Salud Tequila Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saludlounge.com/
- Phone: 7732355577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 2:00AM Saturday: 5:00PM - 3:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve the back room for your next function! Make it a private tequila tasting with our resident tequila master or create a custom food and drink package. The private room at Salud is ideal for groups up to 100 and features a beautiful hand-painted mural of the tequila making process. Ideal for birthdays, engagements, going-away parties, graduations, rehearsal dinners, holiday parties, anniversaries, bridal showers, any occasion!
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Lindner 7732767582
- Entertainment: Live DJs Thursday - Saturday.
A word from Salud Tequila Lounge
Salud is located in Wicker Park and was the original premium tequila lounge in Chicago. With a strong commitment to the best ingredients, Salud only serves 100% agave tequilas. The best tequila deserves the best food. Executive Chef Jose Gonzalez has created a unique contemporary Mexican menu that blends the flavors from every region of Mexico. Featuring favorites such as the Tequila Burger, Fajitas, and Ceviche. Ask about our monthly tequila dinners. We are proud to offer the best selection of 100% agave tequilas in Chicago. The Salud Margarita (named "Best Margarita 2010" by Chicago Magazine) starts with two ounces of 100% agave tequila combined with organic agave nectar, and hand-squeezed Persian lime juice. No other margarita is made with such care & precision. This is just the beginning of your tequila eduction. The most important part is to sit back, order 100% agave, and let us share with you the best this wonderful spirit has to offer. SALUD!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salud Tequila Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- I went because I was toldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/11/2013I went because I was told it was a lively place but unfortunately it was dead.
- The food is decent, the tequilaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2012The food is decent, the tequila selection is good. The ambiance is more bar/club than restaurant. The service we had was horrible. She forgot our drinks, would disappear for long amounts of time and ran all the credit cards without putting on the discount we got, which I told her about 3-4 times, so she had to rerun all the cards. I would not go back unless I was just goig to sit atteh bar and have a tequila drink.
- Outstanding tequila selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/2/2012Outstanding tequila selection and even better food! You won't be disappointed with their tacos or empanadasSpecial Features:
- Went to Salud with my bossJDG1976Dined on 10/5/2012Went to Salud with my boss and our significant others. It was a great night-good cocktails and not the normal stuffy steakhouse scene. Our server was great, and the food was very good! Will definitely be attending again. The manager made sure to come by and say hello and ask how everything was going, which is a major plus.Special Features:
- Always an awesome time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2012Always an awesome time at Salud. Service, food and drinks are great! Stop in for a special and I'm sure you will go back again!Special Features:
- Waitress was somewhat inattentive,AnneDined on 9/8/2012Waitress was somewhat inattentive, but food was good, cocktails were great. Not as loud for dinner as it is later in the evening.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Unique neighborhood gem. Must experience. Food and drinks were delicious.Special Features:
- drinks are great, a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2012drinks are great, a little expensive but worth it. The food is good but needs side dishes included for the price. Service was fast and friendly.Special Features:
- Salud is excellent. The tequilaNA11VIPDined on 7/22/2012Salud is excellent. The tequila drinks are innovative, creative, and just tastes great! The food is excellent. I had the tacos, and they were well-prepared. The service was good as well. Salud is a pleasant atmosphere, and the prices are very reasonable. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Salud has great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2012Salud has great ambiance, fun cocktails and good service. The ambiance is perfect for a date, as it's pretty romantic. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Our server was totally awesome.Stevenw312Dined on 7/6/2012Our server was totally awesome. She was not over baring and recommended great drinks....Special Features:
- Salud is nice, but it is aNA11VIPDined on 6/27/2012Salud is nice, but it is a small space, so make sure to have reservations when you come. I do recommend if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Overall our experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Overall our experience was great!! Moni was our waitress and she was absolutely pleasing the entire meal. The only complaint we had was that it was 90 degrees and the windows were open making it almost stifling in the bar. We celebrated my 30th birthday here and despite the heat it was a memorable experience. We will be back without a doubt...maybe next time we'll sit in the lounge area :)Special Features:
- I loved the carne asado sandwitchesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012I loved the carne asado sandwitches with received beans. Guacamole, tomatoes, and fresh onions. Superb cocktails!Special Features:
- Great Bar with awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/28/2012Great Bar with awesome food options. Tequila options are endless. Pizza us a mustSpecial Features:
- The server really knew theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2012The server really knew the bar offerings and mixtures of each drink. It was helpful in deciding what to choose.Special Features:
- Tequila surpriseBrunchedVIPDined on 5/5/2012Excellent food, tequila and service. We got there on a Saturday night, parking was easy in front on Milwaukee and we were seated right away (due to reservations). We had the Tequila fligts for which our server (Kelsey) explained each Tequila type and how it was made. Very strog tequila, wich is why we came thre. The food was an extra benefit; the mexican pizza and the flautas were great starters and the Carne Asada Tacos were just right, very good. Very nice vibrant scene; and the lighted table (table lite up) were unique. Thank you.Special Features:
- Wile we went for the drinks,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2012Wile we went for the drinks, we stayed for the food and appetizers. We were very impressed with the food and will definitely recommend it to others. Our drinks were good, nothing too spectacular though.Special Features:
- My friends and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012My friends and I had a great time at Salud! Definitely make a reservation ahead of time and they should be able to seat you in a cozy booth which lends itself to conversation. The food and drinks were delicious, I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great food, better drinks.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Great food, better drinks. If you love Tequila, then Salud is a must on your list of places to check out.Special Features:
- It was OK.. service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2012It was OK.. service could have been better. As an example, the night we went there they had a $5 Sangria or Margarita pitcher special (very small pitchers). We arrived early for our OpenTable reservation, so we sat at the bar while they were preparing our table. When we ordered drinks, the bartender did not inform us of the specials, which we would have definitely taken advantage of. Food was simple but good. The guacamole was a bit too salty. I may go back, but there are better places in the Bucktown area, so I probably would not recommend it to friends.
- I went there on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012I went there on a Friday night at 9:30 with 3 friends. We recieved our drinks/food right away. However, the server went to refill my friends water, but instead poured it into his Magarita. Which he didn't say anything because he didn't like it that much anyway. The food was good, but I feel we did not get our moneys worth. The bill came, we split it with cash and credit card. The server said she understood how to split the bill up, but she put it all on the credit card and left all the cash. We dismissed it, but the last mistake was the worst. She lost one of my friends credit card and accused her of not checking her coat, wallet etc. The manager took her # and told her to cancel the card. After we left he called, they found it. Loud musicSpecial Features:
- This a perfect spot to bringOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2012This a perfect spot to bring the girls out for steak nacho's and margaritas!Special Features:
- Adam is AWESOME - as a superiorOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/3/2012Adam is AWESOME - as a superior GM, he knows how to work his audience with exceptional Tequila knowledge. The quality of the food is fantastic. Very fresh and clearly hand made GO!Special Features:
- Super dark. We were the onlyA1foodieDined on 2/28/2012Super dark. We were the only ones in there and the waitress rarely came to our table. But she was very nice when she did come by.
- Food was Great and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Food was Great and the service was fantastic the drinks were amazing as wellSpecial Features:
- Tequilla tasting & a special meal!VinnyCDined on 2/17/2012The manager took his time to walk us through a guided tequila tasting, which made the evening unique for us, but the big hit was the food. Outstanding grilled pork loin with incredibly sweet/crispy/fluffy plantains and perfectly prepared tilapia were the stars of a nearly flawless meal. Thanks, Salud!Special Features:
- I went there for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I went there for Valentine's Day, and had a great time. The host greeted me right away and gave me a single red rose. What a wonderful surprise! I was brought promptly to my table and given the menu to peruse. The table was decorated with rose petals, candles, and a rose. Nice touch! My server greeted me quickly, but not soon enough to feel rushed. She explained how I could choose from two appetizers and two entrees. I had a lot of questions, and she took time to answer them all. Once I ordered, all the food came out perfectly timed. The chicken and steak entrees melt in your mouth! I ordered a flight of tequila, and that was excellent too. When the check came, it was less than I expected. V-Day for under $100? Awesome!Special Features:
- Food was non descript andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012Food was non descript and bland. Service was poor at best.
- I had to take my customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2011I had to take my customer out and chose Salud since the customer is a tequila connoisseur. To our disappointment they didn't have the tequila that the customer requested, they said they ran out of it and their stocks came the day after (I thought they advertised as the best tequilla lounge, they shouldn't be running out of tequilla!). Next, they didnt have a beer that was listed on their menu (their excuse was the menu is changed!) We completed our hat trick with the dessert. We ordered 3 brownie sundaes and the server came back with just 2, said they were out of Brownies!!! Are you kidding me?Only satisfaction my customer had was with the food, not that there are too many food options here.
- Went there on a Monday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/14/2011Went there on a Monday night. Our waitress was a little slow. Didn't know her drink specials. But the "PALOMAS" were delish! The scallops and bacon were very good not over cooked and the bacon was nice a crispy.Special Features:
- Started with the guacamoleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011Started with the guacamole and chips which was delicious. We also tried the scallops. They were also delicious. Two of the people had the fajitas which were very good. We all enjoyed our meal there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We plan to go back.Special Features:
- Good place to drink. But not to eatILuvLatinFoodVIPDined on 10/21/2011Food was ok, but expected more. Drinks were ok. Service could have been better if the music wasnt so loud. Our waitress couldnt hear my order and got our drinks wrong.Special Features:
- I have been wanting to goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2011I have been wanting to go here for a few years now. The only issue I had was that the drinks were too watered down. I ended up getting shots.
- The taco platter and pitcherOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2011The taco platter and pitcher deal for $20 was good, but please note the pitcher was the size of a Big Gulp. We were able to get 3 glasses out of the pitcher - 1.5 drinks per person.
- Fisrt Time GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011This was my first time visiting and I will be back. The ambiance, staff, and service was great.Special Features:
- Excellent specials and veryVinnyCDined on 5/12/2011Excellent specials and very friendly staff. Oh, and fantastic cocktails!!Special Features:
- The food was good and drinkssofiadujourVIPDined on 4/23/2011The food was good and drinks were delicious, but I would rather recommend this as a drinks place than a dinner place.Special Features:
- Good for drinks (esp. tequila),OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2011Good for drinks (esp. tequila), mediocre for food.
- Great for my first date. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011Great for my first date. Very nice scenery, good food and the drinks were great.Special Features: