Salty's on the Columbia
3839 NE Marine Dr.
Portland, OR 97211Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on the Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/columbia
- Phone: (503) 288-4444
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon-Fri 11:15am-3:00pm
BRUNCH: Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm seating
BRUNCH: Sundays 9:00am-1:30pm seating
DINNER: Mon-Thurs 4:00pm-8:30pm ; Fri-Sat 4:00pm-9:00pm ; Sunday Dinner 4:30-8:00pm
HAPPY HOUR: Mon-Fri 3:00pm-6:00pm ; Sat 4:00pm-6:00pm ; Sun 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Josh Gibler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Freshest Northwest seafood, prime steaks, friendly service. View Salty's menus online at www.saltys.com/portland/menus.asp
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Event Space features panoramic views of the Columbia River and Mt Hood, perfect for casual to formal events. Our Catering Director works closely with you to create your picture-perfect event. We offer breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, buffets & more.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Attwood 5032822205x4108
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Fridays 7:00pm - closing
A word from Salty's on the Columbia
Located on the Columbia River with sweeping views, Salty’s wins annual awards for Portland’s best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty’s for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live jazz in the Café-Bar on Fridays. Happy Hour is 7 days a week in the Café-Bar only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Salty's on the Columbia - Best Restaurants in North Portland ›
Salty's on the Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
245 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (204)special occasion (162)great for outdoor dining (116)great for brunch (100)romantic (97)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (77)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (45)kid-friendly (38)hot spot (22)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Better Than Ever!PortlandfoodieDined on 11/22/2014We gave been going to Salty's for years. The brunch food was always awesome (why we go back every couple of months) but this last time we loved it! So rare to find fresh dungeness crab and oysters AYCE, but the hot dishes were fab too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Fresh seafood?ElizaDined on 11/22/2014The oysters, crab, and clams were wonderfully fresh. The view was beautiful. Saturday brunch is a nice change of pace and we appreciated the discount. Service by Will was impeccable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the crab!!MackenzieVIPDined on 11/22/2014I love coming here for the seafood - we had Christian as our server this last time and she was FANTASTIC! Very sweet and attentive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Portland Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Salty's never disappoints when I bring visitors to our area for dinner. We all loved our visit, and the staff was especially attentive, friendly and helpful…from the hostess seating us, to our waiter and the servers. Exceptional service just added to the wonderful food choices and the ambiance of the location itself. If visiting Portland, for business or pleasure, finding your way to Salty's will be a very pleasant and memorable experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-priced for slightly above average foodJPatrickDined on 11/17/2014We have been here a number of times and have always found Salty's to be extremely expensive. This visit, we had better scallops at Harvest in Camas than at Salty's and they were less than half the price. Our server was great, but through no fault of her own the service was slow. The scallops were supposed to be served with mushrooms, but were served with blue potatoes. When dealing with a person's dietary restrictions, this is not acceptable. My guest chose this dish because mushrooms were okay for her to eat - potatoes were not. Then, given that Portland has been designated as the "coffee capital" I don't understand why Salty's coffee tasted like MJB or Foldgers at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful restaurant, wonderful settingAnnaGrantDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Salty's before and it never fails to please. Wish I could remember our wonderful server's name; he was helpful. interesting and amusing. No problem with our eating just small plates and sides with a nice bottle of wine. The seafood chowder is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local fine dining in Portland.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I enjoy going to Salty's for special occasions. We're also thinking of trying the brunch with the whole family. We really like the menu options, especially the fresh seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy place not worth price tagJdeereDined on 11/15/2014I don't want to be too critical about Saltys because it was a nice place and I have only tried one thing on their menu, the cioppino. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't worth the $36 dollar price tag. They seared the seafood and vegetables separately and then poured the hot tomato broth over it at the table (its much better to cook it all together). I went here for a date but I don't think I will be giving them another chance. Just too expensive for my taste I guess.Special Features:
- SuperbDeardorfDined on 11/15/2014Celebrating a birthday at Salty's. The food and service exceeded expectations. We will highly recommend Salty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great food.schammDined on 11/15/2014Great service, great food and great time. My family loved it. My daughter is asking if we can have all our birthdays at Salty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great seafood and waterviewsBigAl60VIPDined on 11/11/2014This was my second visit to this location in Portland. I'd often visited the Salty's locations in the Seattle area when I traveled there. Always a great experience. The waterviews are a treat. Service is first rate and the food is always very good. My only comment, as with all good restaurants is that the prices are a bit high. Okay for business dinners, but tough to do very often for personal dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb date night location!aubsakDined on 11/8/2014Hands down one of the best meals we've enjoyed in months. Our served Brian was on the ball and anticipated wants very well. His descriptions of wines and food specials were spot on. My husband enjoyed the steak and lobster while I had the blackened rockfish. I live roasted cauliflower and was definitely bit disappointed in Saltys version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChanachanaDined on 11/6/2014Food is always great at Salty 's! I always enjoy the fresh fish and seafood. Love the chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch with a great view!amyw416Dined on 11/2/2014My husband and I came to Sunday brunch for our first anniversary and were amazed - the food was great, our server was a pleasure, and the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014I want to give a Special Thanks to Will our sever and the Restaurant for recognizing our engagement. WE live in Lexington. KY, but we will return for another GREAT experience at SaltysSpecial Features:
- Good was way below standardCindyDined on 10/31/2014I was shocked to be served very greasy calamari 😒 It was the worst!!!!! Service was slow I love Saltys but this time awful!!!!!!Special Features:
- Over-ratedKevinDined on 10/29/2014This is suppose to be a high end restaurant but the food was less than mediocre. Maybe it has good view, but it is way over priced and over rated.
- Great mealbunkieleadfootDined on 10/29/2014A fantastic restaurant, I ate lunch here two days in a row, along with two co-workers. Everything we had was excellent and the service was first class. Fresh fish and a beautiful view of the river. When in the are I will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- Salty's not worth the asking priceMrfishDined on 10/28/2014Salty's has a wonderful view and the employees are very friendly. The food quality was simply not worth the asking price. I recently had a business dinner at Salty's. We all had the local catch Steel Head Trout. The fish was dry and fairly bland, HOW DO YOU OVERCOOK a $30.00 piece of fish?I have been there for Happy Hour on many occasions, but will not return for the full priced menu, too bad great location but the food did not equal the view or the attitude of the friendly staff!Special Features:
- Salty's is in need of help.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014Food was mediocre at best. Fish was cold. Expensive.Special Features:
- Crackers/chips/no breadqueenDined on 10/27/2014How can a reputable seafood restaurant get away with serving potato chips and oyster crackers. I thought the menu was limited and the beer selection nil.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary brunchbubbles4meDined on 10/26/2014This brunch was great for our family. 47 anniversary for the in-laws, Halloween fun for the kids, and bottomless champagne for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Best BrunchhappydinerDined on 10/26/2014If you love seafood, this is the place to go to for brunch. They offer a variety of hot and cold dishes and salads, with an abundance of shrimp, crab legs, salmon, and other seafood (I saw someone with oysters). The food on the hot table is more imaginative than most brunch places, but also included the usual eggs and bacon. They have an omelet station and a crepe station, and a carving station with prime rib and ham. We both had omelets and they were excellent. There is also a small but adequate dessert station, with the usual chocolate fountain and other desserts. Service is very good. View of the Columbia river. It is pricey, making this more of a special occasion place than a 'drop by' place. Make reservations in advance.Special Features:
- A can't miss buffet!FtrpltDined on 10/26/2014One of the best brunch buffets we have found. Salty's is thought of as a seafood restaurant but you will find something to satisfy every palate. I enjoy the fresh oysters, shrimp and crab but also the lox, the prime rib and the eggs Benedict. I especially like the $10 option that provides all the champagne you desire. The ambiance is built in with the beautiful views of the Columbia River. We attend the Sunday brunch about twice a year when we visit the Northwest(we live in Arizona) and make reservations for a 10:00AM seating and have gotten a window seat every time. Salty's has always been the culinary hit of our visits.Special Features:
- SlippingraoulDined on 10/24/2014We have dined at this Salty's off and on for about 10 years (when visiting from out of town). It seems there has been slippage in the ambience, noise level and general demeanor of the restaurant. Much too loud on what was a fairly quiet Friday evening for easy conversation at a six-top w/ 4 people (one member of the planned party a no-show). And, no valet parking on a rainy Friday night? The jazz group was, as always, good. The food was good. The view is still great - right on the mighty Columbia River. But, it is starting to present itself not quite as well as it has in years past.Special Features:
- Good food but a bit too priceyRosieposieDined on 10/20/2014The main courses start at $30.00 and uo and not a huge selection considering the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- october brunchTysons57VIPDined on 10/19/2014had a great brunch on a beautiful day. great service, good food, soaking in the sun on the deck. will definitely return.Special Features:
- Well Known Specialtyfood4allDined on 10/17/2014Salty's is well known for its excellent dinning. Great for a special occasion, summer and spring has the best seating but fall and winter have indoor ambiance as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafood, attentive serviceOregonTranslationDined on 10/13/2014Totally impressed with the attentive service at Salty's. Gorgeous view and scrumptious selection. Steelhead, ribeye, lavender or habanero infused cocktails. I drooled over the dessert menu but will have to return for that on on a Friday night with live jazz music. The weekend brunch with crab and crepes also sounded delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Brunch!!lindenjlDined on 10/11/2014We heard that they were offering their Sun brunch on Sats now. Boy was it amazing & delicious! All the seafood choices were great, the hot & cold foods, breakfast foods...I can't remember everything they had. They had an omelet & crepe station fresh to order. Dungeness crab, oysters on a half shell, shrimp, prime rib & ham station, all sorts of breakfast foods, breads, pastries, & their dessert bar was another vast selection with fresh fruit, chocolate fondue, baked goodies, & these amazing churros! After living in the Napa area this was one of the first restaurants to truly impress us with the flavors & quality/care of their foods. Chart House was a disappointment & Salty's revived our faith in a seafood restaurant here in the PDX area.Special Features:
- A Portland GemRichardnRebekahDined on 10/10/2014Our dinning experience at Saltys was fantastic. I took my wife for her birthday. They made it very special for us with best seats in the house and free birthday cake. We ordered two lobster tail dinners which were perfect. Our drinks and everything could not of been better.Special Features:
- Great view, but you pay for it!PacNWFoodieDined on 10/8/2014I celebrated my birthday at Salty's and was seated in the perfect spot for the best view. Except the large loud party that was next to us. The food was good, but the price is definitely steep. Especially for how many amazing restaurants there are in Portland. This is at the top for price, but food quality did not match it. The view and atmosphere is what you are paying for. Good service though!!!Special Features:
- Birthday LunchjudyDined on 10/7/2014This is my favorite place to celebrate my birthday every year. The weather and the food were perfect. Service was quick and efficient as usual. Hostess was friendly. The only negative ever is the planes going over.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2014Always a pleasure to dine at Salty's. I dine there every time I am in Portland and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceHoodyDined on 10/5/2014Exceptional service, great atmosphere and huge selection make it a winners choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveKarenDined on 10/4/2014I was very disappointed in our meals. I ordered Crab stuffed prawns. The were hard and dried out. The crab was a puree dollop about the size of my thumb. Three of them were served with about a cup of rice, goat cheese and a slice of tomato for $33 . Others ordered Fish and chips for $19. One medium sized piece of fish coated in an inch thick batter with a few fries. I will say thew dessert was great. I won't go back.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch!whatever23Dined on 10/4/2014Took my wife here for a birthday brunch and was not disappointed! The large variety of food was excellent and the mimosas were bottomless. All of the waitstaff was friendly, they brought me things I needed before I even had to ask (bucket, butter, and cracker for my crab legs), and our mimosas never sat empty. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.....EllenVIPDined on 10/2/2014We chose Salty's as our last dinner on a 2-week trip to the west coast. We chose it was because it was near our hotel & also offered a great view. The reviews I read were mixed, but I decided to take a chance--my mistake. The tables have very large bases making it impossible to pull your chair close. I tried putting the chair legs on the base but that made the chair wobbly.The restaurant staff was very friendly, but service was a bit slow. we both ordered the salmon special which sounded yummy in the oral description. The salmon portion was on the small side, especially for the high price. There was a huge amount of risotto--more than double what either of us could eat. Perhaps they were trying to make up for the small amount of salmon.Special Features:
- TXJudiVIPDined on 10/1/2014Tables very close together so very noisy. Service rather slow, food was cold.
- Fantastic SeafoodVisitorfromCADined on 9/29/2014After eating at several excellent restaurants over the past 10 days, we voted Salty's as definitely having the best seafood and it was a tie for the best restaurant overall. Great views. We'd definitely go back!Special Features: