Salty's on the Columbia
3839 NE Marine Dr.
Portland, OR 97211Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on the Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/columbia
- Phone: 5032884444x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Mon-Fri 11:15am-3:00pm
BRUNCH: Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm seating
BRUNCH: Sundays 9:00am-1:30pm seating
DINNER: Mon-Thurs 4:00pm-8:30pm ; Fri-Sat 4:00pm-9:00pm ; Sunday Dinner 4:30-8:00pm
HAPPY HOUR: Mon-Fri 3:00pm-6:00pm ; Sat 4:00pm-6:00pm ; Sun 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Josh Gibler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Freshest Northwest seafood, prime steaks, friendly service. View Salty's menus online at www.saltys.com/portland/menus.asp
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Event Space features panoramic views of the Columbia River and Mt Hood, perfect for casual to formal events. Our Catering Director works closely with you to create your picture-perfect event. We offer breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, buffets & more.
- Private Party Contact: Christine Attwood 5032822205x4108
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Fridays 7:00pm - closing
A word from Salty's on the Columbia
Located on the Columbia River with sweeping views, Salty’s wins annual awards for Portland’s best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty’s for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live jazz in the Café-Bar on Fridays. Happy Hour is 7 days a week in the Café-Bar only.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Salty's on the Columbia - Best Restaurants in North Portland ›
Salty's on the Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
338 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (288)special occasion (212)great for outdoor dining (191)great for brunch (131)romantic (128)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (94)great for lunch (74)notable wine list (58)kid-friendly (48)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (31)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (13)Show More
- Great viewRp930VIPDined on 9/18/2014Fried artichokes are great. Meal was very good. Service was also great. Couldn't ask for more. I would return again.Special Features:
- great place, view, occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014wife pasta was great,,,mine the night special was not good, salmon was not cooked all the way, too small portion....clam chowder could use more flavor, had better,,Special Features:
- disappointingFey0480Dined on 9/15/2014I read this place was romantic. It is not. The comfortable chairs are kept a distance from the table because of the large table base's. The tables are already wide. Hence, unless you are over 200 pounds you can not get close to speak softly. The other patrons had to compensate with the volume of their voices as well. After dark, the inside lights were not dimmed, creating a harsh glare when trying to take in the view. I had calamari for an appetizer and the scallop special for dinner . Both were over cooked. The calamari was fried to the point of rubber, though the crust wasn't burnt, only the oil could be tasted. Friends have said good things about this place, mostly the bottomless mimosas... Stick to the alcohol and shell fish!Special Features:
- Bland food, nice viewenjoyeatingDined on 9/14/2014Salmon had absolutely no taste; fish and chips were just okay. The portions of the entrees were very small. Firecracker prawns was drowning in hot sauce - too hot to enjoy.Special Features:
- I eat anythingMarcVIPDined on 9/14/2014This is the first time I ever sent food back. It was 5:15pm on a Sunday evening and not very crowded. To their credit the staff were most gracious, recommended anoth selection and delivered it quickly. There were two of us. I mus say that even though the other guests meal was not sent back, it was not up to the ususl standard and price point for this established restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seating is horribleStridDined on 9/13/2014We sat outside and the plastic chairs were a joke. Also the service was very poor. Prices way to high.Special Features:
- This Is IT!DeanoDined on 9/12/2014Salty's offers a beautiful dinning experience! The views of the Columbia, combined with the excellent food and service, you can't go wrong with this choice. I've eaten at over 100 seafood places and this one is tops.Special Features:
- love the view butfuntimesDined on 9/11/2014loved the view, We came to celebrate our 28th anniversary and listened to the squeal of the ice machine all night. We had a good view of the yacht club and little view of the Columbia. We were treated nicely and enjoyed ourselves. We loved the food and will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rock fishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/10/2014The rock fish was delicious and of course the view of the Columbia RiveR was great
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014The food is outstanding, the service is excellent and the view cannot be beat. Salty's is the the right place for a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding Brunch with Views!!PastrychefcarlaDined on 9/7/2014All Sunday brunches should strive to achieve Salty's level of service, quality and timing. From the free valet, to the bottomless mimosas, everything is timed for your the diner's ultimate enjoyment. I took my cousins who were visiting from out of town, big Italian soccer players with healthy appetites. The food was exceptional and prepared with much skill and care. There was never an empty item. Oysters, Prime Rib, Crab, shrimp, salmon, a host of breakfast items and a omlet station. Don't forget the desserts! I'm a pastry chef and I was impressed. What a lovely way to spend a Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please Go Hungry!!AboutTownVIPDined on 9/7/2014Salty's is a restaurant that sits on the picturesque Columbia River. It was approx. 20 minutes drive from downtown Portland. We arrived and did self parking and at the time there was ample parking. We had 10:30 reservations. We opted for indoor seating as it was quite warm, but our table was on the window which was great. The buffet was outstanding. I've been to many buffets and this ranks at the top. It is not only the quantity of food but the quality. Also, the staff are so friendly when you are standing for omlette, crepe or what have you. Our waiter was exceptionally friendly. Although the price is not cheap, if you are willing to spend a little more it's well worth it. But go hungry because there is just so much to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good - Poor qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014We were excited to eat here after reading some reviews. The buffet is very poor quality. Sounds good when you hear about it, but the low quality of food makes it hard to enjoy (frozen baby shrimp for shrimp and grits, chewy old mushrooms in omelets, chewy low grade beef for prime rib, overly dressed salads, etc.) If your goal is to just stuff yourself then this is your place, although you can do that at other places for less than $44 per person.
- Good food but priceyMiddleAgeGalDined on 9/5/2014For the price of the food a salad and soup should be included in the entree. My husband had the Ahi tuna it was good but smaller than a deck of cards and very pricey. Thank goodness he bought "separately" a bowl of clam chowder otherwise he would have still been Hungary.Special Features:
- Good ambiencekokoDined on 9/5/2014A view from 2nd floor close to a river was so beautiful. Distance of each table was appropriate so we don't need to care next customers. Working staffs were friendly and explained their menu in detail. All taste and appearance of seafood meal was excellent. Unfortunately, air conditioner was too strong for me. But, on the whole, I'll be going to visit again!Special Features:
- Salty'a loveCoriDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely LOVE this restaurant..beautiful location on the Columbia River also a cool view of the landing strip of Portland international airport...food is fabulous and very long wine list. Friday nights offer 2 difference happy hours..one early evening and the other late evening with live Jazz with Mel Brown!Special Features:
- Special occasionYummyDined on 9/3/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Salty's. Staff all friendly & made us feel special. Even got a special piece of white chocolate mousse cake for our Anniv. Spendier than we usually spend going out, but well worth it got a special occasion. Quality of food met the expectations & view & ambience is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going to ItalyBeachhouseDined on 9/2/2014Leaving for Italy in the morning staying at a hotel near by chose Salty's for our bon voyage dinner. Great drinks, appetizers and dinner. The service was timely, and the best we have had in Portland. Will be back in six weeks for another wonderful meal experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's LunchWildHareVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great location and even better food. Had lunch on a sunny day and enjoyed the view but was surprised by how great the meal was. Will add this to a list of go to places.Special Features:
- disappointedNotagainDined on 8/31/2014It was our anniversary and felt Saltys would be ideal with a beautiful view. The view was great and so was the service. Our food was delivered cold and portions were insulting for the price. We will not return.Special Features:
- AwesomeyumsterDined on 8/31/2014One of my best brunches ever! Love, love, loved the fresh crab! We'll be back again - as we have though the years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BrunchTheCarseysDined on 8/31/2014A great place to eat and enjoy a friend's company. More than enough food choices. High quality hot food. Fresh cold items. Great server. Beautiful view, we sat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in town, always Salty'sFranDined on 8/31/2014We have only had brunch at Salty's but, it is always great. If we have the kids with us or just us two great service to be had. thanks! You never let us down. thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goldie52goldie52Dined on 8/31/2014We went for brunch on a gift card but we will definitely go back on our own dime ( or about 500 dimes each).Yes,it's expensive but we feel that it's well worth the money,especially for a special occasion.The food is wonderful and the selection is comparable to the best buffets in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ejmsbenzejmsbenzDined on 8/30/2014Service is great. Really great. Very nice ambience. We come here every time we are in Portland. We live in Southern Oregon. Would like to see more shrimp as well as scallop choices.Special Features:
- Second bad experienceNoreturnDined on 8/30/2014The appetizer and desert were wonderful but the entrees left a LOT to be desired for a upscale restaurant. Both of our entrees were very dried out and seemed to be left either under a heat lamp or in a holding oven way too long. Dried out and rubbery seafood. If this was my first bad experience I could play it off as a bad night but this is the second, and last, time we have had the same problem. Changes need to be made to the kitchen in order to improve the dining experience. When leaving, the valet brought my car but failed to set the parking break almost causing a head on collision as I was trying to jump into my car to stop it from rolling.
- Wondeful experienceMarkeeDined on 8/30/2014All in all it was a great brunch experience. The selection was outstanding. Great service. I highly recommend Salty's brunch to everyone. The never ending mimosas were wonderful. We sure got our money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeheather0313Dined on 8/29/2014Love everything about this place. Even felt welcome with our infant baby! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrrrjDined on 8/29/2014We went early and did happy hour before our dinner reservation and it turned out that the happy hour was actually better than the dinner.Special Features:
- Classic Placejasper89Dined on 8/27/2014Salty’s was fantastic. You definitely want to get a reservation. But, it would be worth the wait if you forget to. I told my wife and friends, “When the squash side dish tastes like a dessert, you know the food is great!”Special Features:
- A "must" for special timesluvportlanddiningDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I have truly enjoyed our times at Salty's on the Columbia. We have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays, and no-reason occasions. Food, service, atmosphere hard to top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the deckMiloVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been here many times and it is always great. We always seem to have the Caesar salad, harvest salad, chowder, and key lime pie. As always it is wonderful, and even better outside on the deck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewChristinaVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Salty's. The view was good, food was good, atmosphere was good. ... you get the picture. What was missing was that extra little oomph that takes the palate from good to great. But, that being said, it was a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balmy Summer EveningBobbyGDined on 8/26/2014What a treat to rediscover this Gem on the Columbia. We sat outside at 7:15pm and watched the sunset. The glass walls provide a complete view of the marinas and boats sailing on the river, the colored spinnakers full from the warm, balmy wind. Our server was gracious and delightful. I dropped the hint that it was my birthday, and after dinner she brought be a slice of delicious cake on the house. I ordered a giant fresh lobster and it was delicious. I order a whole lobster only every few years, so this was a rare treat. I told the server that the lobster brains (as well as the roe) are a delicacy and that the chef should not scrap them in the preparation. She apologized. A lovely evening...Special Features:
- Fabulous food, great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I was delighted in every aspect of Salty's. The food was terrific and the ambiance was wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointingswimswithdolphinsDined on 8/25/2014I have been to Salty's several times before but this time I was very disappointed. I ordered halibut which was prepared with an overly heavy sauce and chewy mushrooms. The halibut was tough and it was difficult to enjoy the taste of the fish because of the overpowering sauce. The entrée was small, no vegetables, and too expensive. My companion ordered a salmon dish which she enjoyed, but again the portion was quite small. We each had an entrée and one glass of wine (no appetizers, salad, or dessert) and the bill was $108. It would have been easier to accept such a large bill if the food had been better.Special Features:
- Cherish1991Dined on 8/24/2014This was a very special occasion as I do not to see my Love every often . So I surpriised him with thsi and it was wonderful. After 47 years , I can still do something special. As he takes Photos , It was so nice to sit outside. Thank you for the memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDWARDVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dinner at Salty's on the Comubia was most enjoyable, as the food and service were very good and the Columbia River view is awesome. My family enjoyed Caesar salad, coho salmon, and fillet mignon as well as the chocolate torte desert. The wait staff was very attentive, and prices while a bit high were reasonable considering the restaurant's setting. We will definitely return to Salty's when back in the Pacific Northwest.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!Primetime32Dined on 8/23/2014Loved everything about it, will definitely be back real soon. I will also pin this in for Me & the Wife to come at least once a month. Happy Hour will be included as well 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BuffetIloveSaltysForSure1Dined on 8/23/2014If you love seafood, then Salty's at the Columbia is by far the best for the Saturday and Sunday buffet brunch. They also have all of the regular breakfast buffet items, but the seafood is the best in town in my opinion. Great dessert options as well and if you're over 21, add the bottomless mimosa to your breakfast feast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.