Salty's on Alki Beach
1936 Harbor Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on Alki Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/seattle
- Phone: 2069371600x
- Hours of Operation:
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturdays 9:30am - 1:30pm; Sundays 8:45am - 1:30pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Friday 4:30pm -9:30pm, Saturday 4:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:30pm; Friday/Saturday - 4:00pm - 11pm; Sunday - 4pm - 10:30pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY Monday - Friday 3 - 6PM & 9pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paolo Carey-DiGregorio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Name your price and we'll build you a party, a banquet, a private dining event, a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. Salty's caters your place or ours! Brides rate Salty's with five-star reviews at http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/saltys-on-alki-seattle/5bec7788bdf7ef8c.html.
Please contact us at (206) 937-1085. We look forward to serving you.
- Special Events: Salty's has everything you need to create the perfect party, wedding reception, anniversary, birthday, holiday party or corporate event. Call us today or go to Saltys.com for more.
A word from Salty's on Alki Beach
Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Tuesday through Friday. Happy hours daily and late night in the Cafe-Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Salty's on Alki Beach - Best Restaurants in West Seattle/Alki ›
Salty's on Alki Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
458 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (397)special occasion (294)great for brunch (202)great for outdoor dining (200)good for groups (156)romantic (149)fit for foodies (135)great for lunch (104)neighborhood gem (88)kid-friendly (79)hot spot (57)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (18)Show More
- Not a Burger JointOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014We went her for my daughter's bday dinner, I know it is not a place known for cheeseburgers but she ordered one and it was not good. Much too big of a burger and the bun completely fell apart. My cod/prawn dish was just so-so. The only good things were the clam chowder and of course, the white chocolate mousse cake is excellent. Great view, friendly staff but I feel the food has taken a bad turn and the prices an up turn since we were there last. Sadly, I don't think we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renton1Dined on 9/20/2014Food was mediocre at best. The fish was overcooked and dried out. Lemon peel in the Caesar salad was bitter and made the salad nearly inedible. Too many spices made the meal a total washout from our perspective. Wouldn't recommend for the price.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Incredible view of downtown Seattle. Great location with an unusal menu - halibut and fire cracker shrimp well done. Caesar Salad mediocre. Service with Terin - great. The restaurant manager is amazing and exudes customer service. Both warm greeting entering and leaving the restaurant. Baked Alaska - to die for and truly one of the best desserts I've ever had. Job well done...Special Features:
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2014Went to saltys for our 2nd wedding anniversary and had one of the best meals of my life my wife also agreed. Service was fantastic and cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Mediocre food.luluoDined on 9/17/2014My last three meals have been poor to mediocre. The ambience is good, the view terrific, the service good, but the food has been on the decline for several years. A couple years ago I had the dinner special. The scallops didn't taste very good, but much worse, they weren't properly cleaned. The next meal was ok. The last lunch my friend and I both thought our different meals were just passable.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Staff are friendly, food is very good. A bit more than we usually spend on a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeasideDinerDined on 9/14/2014Very nice...Salty's brunch never disappoints! I live very close to Salty's at Redondo and dine there quite often...This time I decided on the Alki venue and was delighted with the food, service and overall feel of the restaurant. I will return soon!Special Features:
- Outstanding as usualBlueAliiDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at Salty's. Nothing could have been better. Four of us all enjoyed an excellent appitizer, each couple split a delicious salad and we all raved about the entrees. Service was superb. And we found a perfect wine to complement the seafood. The celebration was a smashing success.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Disappointed in lack of fruit and salad choices at weekend brunch. Have been several times for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kbridDined on 9/13/2014My husband an I had an amazing brunch here. The service was exactly how it should be AMAZING! !! They are very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need, right down to a blanket if your cold. Ive never experienced such fine dinning and impaecable service at the same time. Unfortunatly most the time its fine dinning, the service isnt very good. Or if the service rocks the food sucks. At Salty's its fast, friendly, great food, relaxing environment and your treated like royalty. I highly recommend Salty's and cant wait till the next time we are able to go again. My husband and I dont get out often because we have small children and as everyone knows life revoles around them. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm stuffed!ChazBeignetDined on 9/13/2014The Salty's Sunday (and Saturday) Brunch truly is legendary! I literally didn't eat for a day after it. So many options and not enough space in my stomach! Will definitely have to go back. Crab legs were succulent, chocolate fountain was great. The only thing they could have improved on was the crepes, would have been much better if they were made with fresh fruit.Special Features:
- Great staff, close to great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2014THe staff were very nice and accomodating of my family and our 1 month old baby (with all the gear a baby entails). We had a small seating snafu, which was fixed quickly and then followed up with an on the house appetizer plate (very nice gesture that was appreciated). The food itself was very good, if a little pricey (you pay for the view).Special Features:
- KChaunate2muchDined on 9/11/2014We had family guests visiting from California who were used to fine dinning and water front views. We were proud to share our local dinning experience with them. It has been many years since we had been to Salty's and it was a gift card from a friend that brought us back. Our family was not only impressed with the view of Seattle but also the food which was absolutely delicious. Hope to come back soon and try dishes other family members ate. The server was not only polite but returned now and then, not enough as to be bothersome. The bus boy was adorable as he tried many ways to get a nice picture of our 7 group sitting. On the way out we were greeted with smiles and thank yous as we complemented the cooks in the kitchen. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great View , Great foodcacti1VIPDined on 9/10/2014Had to wait 30 minutes to be seated and were directed to the noisy cramped bar where others like ourselves were waiting for their tables. They obviously overbook. All this is overcome by the incredible panoramic views of downtown Seattle and the harbor. The food and service were exceptional . Salty's is a definite "Go TO" place when in Seattle area.Special Features:
- Reservation? Why BotherKerryBobDined on 9/8/2014I made a reservation a couple of weeks or more before my wedding anniversary. I asked for a window table and noted it was for my anniversary. Did it make a difference no! I received an email a couple of days before our reservation and it stated it was first come first serve for a widow table. So we got there 20 minutes early that didn't help. The food was good over priced but I knew that. Disappointed reservations mean zippo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummytadpole2tadpoleDined on 9/8/2014yummy cuisine, superb service, killer view of Seattle waterfront, impresses my guestsSpecial Features:
- Can't beat the viewLaffingKatDined on 9/7/2014The complimentary valet parking offers a nice start to the dining experience. The food and drinks were very good, and I appreciated our server's help in answering my questions about gluten-free options. The service was in general very good--prompt, friendly, and helpful without being intrusive. We had a long wait for our meal because a large group placed their orders just before we did, but the server was great about keeping us updated, and we didn't mind the wait too much since we were able to enjoy that outstanding view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for friendmb50Dined on 9/7/2014Took a very good friend of mine to dinner on Sept. 7th. Weather was absolutely perfect. Utilized valet parking and we arrived about 45 minutes prior to our reservation. Hostess asked us if we wanted to be seated early and said yes. Seated by a window out to the Sound although almost any seat has a good view. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable and very personable. Food was very good as well. There wasn't a bad part to the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You pay for the viewjhaverfiVIPDined on 9/7/2014The view is outstanding! the food was mediocre at best. the risotto with my salmon was so cold that I believe they got it out of the fridge and then put my nicely cooked salmon on top of it. Not good. Appetizers were basically bar food quality. I would go there again for the view, but would choose the inexpensive items and expect Red Robin-ish quality and then would not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Overpriced ViewCrittermistressDined on 9/7/2014You have to eat a lot to get your money's worth here. So so food in a spectacular setting.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchPatrickVIPDined on 9/7/2014Avoided the "cooked" foods. Made a feast of oysters on the half shell (plump and wonderful), Dungeness crab leg/claws, mussels and clams. Really excellent, even if it does cost $19 for two to get there and back by water taxi. I guess with dinner you get a free dessert with your receipt, but with brunch buffet, nothing.
- Service & view great, just wish...BeanDined on 9/6/2014...there were more Pacific Northwest offerings for food; they offer some Hawaii fish but not much in terms of Pacific Northweest salmon or other seafood. The service is excellent. Our waitress brought us complementary chowder since she said that she was running behind.Special Features:
- Great view mediocre foodBooHooDined on 9/6/2014My family went to Salty's for the weekend buffet brunch. For a buffet, it was quite extensive from seafood to breakfast items and desserts. But at $50 a person, it was very expensive. At this price, we could have had really great food somewhere else. This was a special occasion for my daughter who wanted to go. Check it off the list!Special Features:
- View, view and service!ElouneDined on 9/5/2014One of the best view on Seattle, good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great view of seattle w good foodBillVIPDined on 9/5/2014Salty's has the best view of downtown Seattle and is very customer friendly. The selection of seafood dishes really presented a challenge if you only wanted to eat one. The appetizer platter was a good solution for one member of my group. I went for the Ahi Tuna and it was very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hospitablelovebirdsDined on 9/4/2014We were celebrating getting our marriage license. Even though their website states that window seats are given on a first-come basis, they still gave us the best seat in the house, right in the corner with a full glass view out to the water. They also surprised us with a free dessert to celebrate with us. I could see us going back to Salty's every year for our anniversary now, since they've made our little afternoon date following the court house, such a special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Delicious50sentzDined on 8/31/2014It is "just" our neighborhood spot but always a great choice to take out of town friends as the view is spectacular. The service is always terrific and I have yet to have a meal that wasn't stupendous. Our waiter was especially charming and we had the Flaming Baked Alaska for a theatrical dessert finale.Special Features:
- What you'd expect... a good thing.SeattleRegularDined on 8/31/2014We weren't expecting avant garde food here - we were expecting a great spot with a great view to celebrate a birthday AND be able to drag little kids along. Success on all fronts. Truth is, the food is quite good, in a traditional way. That's not a knock - it's reassuring to know you can get well-seared tuna or perfectly decadent calamari and not have to worry about fighting with the Capitol Hill crowd at the newest ampersand-separated restaurant. It's pricey, but the service is efficient (they knew the Open Table notes) and friendly, the vibe is celebratory, and the food doesn't disappoint, if you know what you're in for. Crab-stuffed salmon topped with lobster for $60? Yes. Cosmopolitans on special? Sure.Special Features:
- Wonderful time for all of usNMcPhenDined on 8/30/2014I had friends visiting from out of state and wanted to take them to Salty's for the food and, of course, the View. We requested and go a window seat that was perfect. They took photos all through dinner. My friends also had diet requests and Salty's had no problem making any changes to the dishes. They were very accommodating. We all had a wonderful time and will come back as often as possibleSpecial Features:
- Dual anniversariesBlissDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I, along with our son and his wife were celebrating our wedding anniversaries. My husband and I were from out of town and had not dined at Salty's for several years. We enjoyed the beautiful view and excellent seafood dinners. The wine list was a little disappointing and we had to return some glasses and a plate that were dirty - perhaps the dishwasher was having a bad day. The wait staff were friendly and engaging. Thank you for a nice evening!Special Features:
- Best Brunch Buffet - hands down!BostonFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Nothing compares to Salt's brunch! My husband and I love a good brunch and there is just nothing that compares in the variety and quality of foods offered at Salty's weekend brunch! We have been to more expensive brunches, expecting the overall experience to stand up to the price you're paying, but no such luck. I should just stop looking for anything that can top Salty's. I'm convinced there is not anything else out there that will exceed the bar set by Salty's. By the way, our server was awesome! Bummed, I didn't catch his name. Personable, funny and enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Best part is the view. Very disappointed in the food quality and the service. Very long wait between the appetizer and the main course. Food was cold when it finally came out.Special Features:
- Our guests loved the window seatingFriendsTourGuideDined on 8/29/2014Our friends from N.H. Loved the sunset dinner at a window table with a beautiful view of the entire Seattle skyline. Great service from James and wonderful meals. The white chocolate mouse cake was again the best. Watching our guests enjoy every moment of our two hour dining experience told us we had made the right choice once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014My wife and I went to Salty's on Alki to celebrate our anniversary - a special occasion indeed! The service, food and atmosphere were great and we lucked out with a beautiful sunny evening. We even had an "up close and personal" visit by the Seattle Fire Department's Fireboat - what a show!Special Features:
- Date night gemaumojoDined on 8/26/2014From the moment we arrived the service and table location were excellent. Seated outside on a mild Seattle evening watching the sun set, and enjoying the city view and the lights as it got darker was spectacular. The food itself was the perfect foil to this. All of it, including the drinks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yikesexpensive2Dined on 8/26/2014Omg it's way to expensive. $20 just for fish and chips....Special Features:
- Food lives up to its nameDougster10Dined on 8/25/2014My wife had King crab legs and they were way to salty. The server brought lemons to cut the salt, but it wasn't enough. Its like they left them in a brine tank. I had the salmon special which was decent but the accompanying potatoes and tomatoes were cooked in ash. If I wanted to taste an ash tray I would have brought my own. The best part of the meal were the pricey oysters. Expensive but delicious. The server did well, but overall way too much money for the quality of the food.
- Beautiful viewjki5Dined on 8/25/2014The view was beautiful, they put us at a corner table with the best view. Our server was wonderful, friendly, helpful and made our daughter's 21st birthday very special. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with great viewjulmarDined on 8/24/2014The salmon we had was done perfectly. Service was great. Our third time here and always try tohave dinner here when in Seattle.Special Features:
- Breath Taking ViewDelrayLBDined on 8/24/2014If you can sit out side, you MUST! You have a wonderful view of downtown Seattle. The brunch buffet was great - tons of options!Special Features: