Salty's on Alki Beach
1936 Harbor Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on Alki Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/seattle
- Phone: (206) 937-1600
- Hours of Operation:
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturdays 9:30am - 1:30pm; Sundays 8:45am - 1:30pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Friday 4:30pm -9:30pm, Saturday 4:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:30pm; Friday/Saturday - 4:00pm - 11pm; Sunday - 4pm - 10:30pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY Monday - Friday 3 - 6PM & 9pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paolo Carey-DiGregorio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Name your price and we'll build you a party, a banquet, a private dining event, a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. Salty's caters your place or ours! Brides rate Salty's with five-star reviews at http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/saltys-on-alki-seattle/5bec7788bdf7ef8c.html.
Please contact us at (206) 937-1085. We look forward to serving you.
- Special Events: Salty's has everything you need to create the perfect party, wedding reception, anniversary, birthday, holiday party or corporate event. Call us today or go to Saltys.com for more.
A word from Salty's on Alki Beach
Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Tuesday through Friday. Happy hours daily and late night in the Cafe-Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Salty's on Alki Beach - Best Restaurants in West Seattle/Alki ›
Salty's on Alki Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
- ok food, great view if you get there earlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014Haven't been in a while and decided to take family that was in town. Went on a Sunday night hoping to get a front window seat, didn't. We were seated at a side window that essentially overlooks the dark water at night with very little view. The food was ok, but I think you need the view to pay the kind of prices they charge. I had the 12 oz new York ( yes, yes its a seafood restaurant) that cost 59$. It tasted like 25$ tops for the cut I was given. I'm guessing you pay the extra for the view we never got. Wait staff was nice but it was a Sunday night so didn't seem as eager to please. Only go for the view otherwise you'll be left with an average 'safe' menu that is way overpriced.Special Features:
- A Salty disappointment .OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Food we had selected for our dinning experience was not on par with our expectations of the Salty's reputation. The Scallops were undercooked and could have used a few more seconds in the pan. The accompanying risotto also seemed rushed out of the pan and was mushy. Our party had expectations of superior dishes based on Salty's reputation. Prices seemed to be based on location more than dinning quality. The staff was very good and accommodations were excellent. I think Salty's is a must do just once for the views but doubt that we will return. Basic thought is that the food is not on par with world class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchTucker2VIPDined on 11/23/2014Everything you could want for brunch buffet plus a view that is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Salty's has become more of a casual dining experience rather than a quality restaurant. The food and ambiance and not in order with the prices on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great date night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We had a lovely dinner at Salty's to celebrate our anniversary. The service was incredible and they even gave us a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. It was a great dining experience - and the food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food is always great, seems like their selection has gotten smaller - shrimp always seemed to be out this trip. There was a wedding downstairs & horrible loud music interrupting our meal. They were giving out balloons to certain groups - sitting in front of this majestic view & ruined by ugly pink & orange balloons! Makes me rethink bringing out of town guests to brunch here. Server Samantha was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinner experienceHMB1Dined on 11/21/2014We had dinner at Salty's on Friday, Nov 21. The service, ambiance, and food were all outstanding, as usual. We highly recommend Salty's. James Keene is an outstanding waiter and General Manager Chris Darst always stops by to ensure we are having a great time. Dining room manager Shawn Bowen-Wells always makes our experience a great one. She is warm, friendly, professional, and caring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good birthday placeNanaDined on 11/21/2014We gathered ( seven of us) to celebrate a birthday. We are all senior women who meet once a month for lunch. Salty's treats us to great service and a wonderful view for the lunch and to celebrate a birthday of our west Seattle member. The food was excellent ( I had sushi). We all love the special birthday slices of cake and the balloons to mark the occasion. We were not rushed off but are given time to enjoy the food and each other. Our server (Michelle?) was wonderful. We will all be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2014Always a pleasure to go to Slaty's for a special dinner, staff is wonderful, food is fantastic and the view of Seattle can't be beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dishes and view.mrkuenDined on 11/11/2014In this restaurant, sense of space is wonderful. You can enjoy nice views of Seattle. You can also enjoy delicious seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place!KymosmomDined on 11/9/2014Great meal accompanied by an amazing view of the Seattle skyline! Food was on point, tasty and presented well. I appreciated the fact that our server, Steve, explained each dish as he served it, offered great suggestions and was attentive to our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm still fullqueenieDined on 11/9/2014Did brunch on Sunday and as one always does, ate too much. But the food was uniformly good. I probably will not return for this event for two reasons. It's tooooo noisy/busy/crowded. Also way way way too expensive. It is a very extensive brunch but really folks...$200 for 3 people? and we didn't even have any alcohol.Special Features:
- Good service, chaotic ambianceGGMMDined on 11/9/2014Somewhere to the side of us was rather heavy rock music and on the other side was live, ambient piano music - it not allow for a relaxing start. Our table was also in a thoroughfare which meant getting constantly bumped by people walking by. The staff put in a good effort to be cheerful.Special Features:
- Delicious!curlygirlDined on 11/8/2014We celebrated Mom's 86th Birthday at Salty's on Alki. The atmosphere was wonderful and food was delicious. Mom had a great birthday. I have recommended the brunch to many of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I took my wife to Salty's for dinner and we both loved every minute of it. We had a table overlooking the water with a direct view of the Seattle skyline. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MRizDined on 11/5/2014We wend to dinner and the place was great, service was great, food was good and view from table was excellent. I will recommend this restaurant for any type of partySpecial Features:
- Decent serviceSundaybrunchDined on 11/2/2014Service was okay but I have had better when eating here. I believe our server was relatively new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The waiter seemed to be preoccupied; the wrong appetizers arrived at out table, and the wrong main course for my wife. Service was quite slow. The grand finale was getting our check, which was overbilled by $50 due to the wrong items being on there. We are cured from Salty's for awhile.Special Features:
- Wonderful timemissmatttsDined on 10/30/2014This was out first visit to Salty's. Loved the food and the staff was more than welcoming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Service was impeccable. Noise level a little high making it hard for an intimate dining experience, but view and quality of food more than make up for it.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Very disappointing dining experience while trying to showcase the Restaurant to out-of-town visitors. If that was the Chef's showcase menu for Seattle Food Week, can only imagine what the rest of their menu was like. While a great view can typically over-compensate for moderate quality food or service, in this case the food (from the appetizers, to the entrees, to the desert) was so unappealing & tasteless it does not garner a higher rating.Special Features:
- Just GoodScrat59Dined on 10/30/2014If you haven't visited Salty's this must be on your places to eat. I can say anything good or bad (no bad) and you would have to believe what i state. So you just have to to visit Salty's and suppy your review comments. This place is number 1.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Very good food,expensive however. Not an A but a B. Because of the environment and view, that doesn't make a difference.Special Features:
- foodieDined on 10/29/2014View was great, but it was quite noisy and the food was mediocre (and horribly overpriced).Special Features:
- Outstanding!angleraceDined on 10/29/2014We had an outstanding dining experience last evening! Every person that we dealt with from the hostess to the manager was helpful, attentive and caring. Chris the manager came around and made sure that everything was as expected. He was awesome and sets a great example for his staff to emulate. We ordered off the Seattle Restaurant Week menu and all three courses were fabulous! Chef Paolo and his staff prepared an outstanding meal with great presentation. Our wait staff were attentive and very personable. It is the best dining view in Seattle. Can't wait to go back again soon!Special Features:
- Always wonderful choice!singingladyDined on 10/28/2014I had dinner for 2days with my family and parents for seattle restaurant week's special menu. "Salty's at Alki" is always wonderful choice for beautiful view,romantic mood, good quality food. And their great service made costumers feel so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Tennessee friends were exstaticLatitude47Dined on 10/28/2014I am so glad we made rese4rvations. The staff were welcoming and had the perfect table waiting when we arrived. Our out of town friends were so grateful for the view and the experience. Salty's is a favorite for us and it was great fun to treat our guests to an outstanding experience during their visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorganDined on 10/27/2014Went for dinner during Seattle restaurant week, reasonable price , good dinner and great service from our server Adam.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Our server Trace was superb!!!! Hannah at Happy Hour exceptional!! Rebecca at check in FABULOUS!! Thanks for a wonderful evening! We will be back!Special Features:
- Nice but priceyMontanaAnnaDined on 10/26/2014Great view; but got sat at tables on third tier, still can see view but "it's a ways away" . Food was good but quite pricey for portion size. Service was prompt but not knowledgeableSpecial Features:
- Great brunchRichronDined on 10/26/2014The brunch was great no complaints omletts are amazing prime rib was the tops oysters have been better thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstimpressionDined on 10/26/2014Overall a good experience. The food was good, but the lines were not replenished enough so when I went to get something is was out, or slim pickings. A little disappointed with the lack of seafood at a legendary seafood buffet. I do not care for a time limit in that setting, and it was quite obvious when we were getting close to the time because the server quit coming to the table, and we sat there with empty drink cups for the last portion of our meal, which left a bad last impression on our first visit to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect!HappyCoupleDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I went here after hearing raving reviews about it, and having a weekend away from kids! :) The reviews were spot on! The whole experience was great! Your staff found us the best table in the place #93. We are already making a plan to return!Special Features:
- Too crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We were there during the $30 season. We had reservation but still waited 35 minutes. The front staff lack customer service kept telling we are next Four times! and pretended we were not there you know the no eye contact thing. We would have left if it were for me having guests. Food are good view definitely great.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the view, food was goodRuthDined on 10/21/2014Perfect setting for a romantic evening , view was awesome although this time, I brought my 2 kids with us and they also had fun. Food is average for me but we were doing the $30 seattle restaurant week deal. They have awesome kid's menu. The server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar Customer ServicePickyPandaDined on 10/19/2014I requested an outside seating upon arrival, and while most of the heaters outside around the tables have been turned off, the hostess was so willing to find us a nice corner with a gorgeous view of Downtown Seattle. She even brought us blankets! The food is always amazing here. I had the seafood brochette... the salmon was cooked perfectly. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great views, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014They were clearly trying very hard with very friendly servers, but food over salted, little flavor. Definitely not worth the price. The view is great though.Special Features:
- David DahlstromGreatExpectations2Dined on 10/19/2014I have taken guests and family to this Salty's location for dinner and Sunday brunch many times. However, after this last visit, I doubt that there will be a next. I was very disappointed and Salty's truly let me down on a very important occasion. I made reservations in a very timely way and made a special seating and service request to befit the momentous occasion. However, the hostess and wait staff could appeared to care less. The seating that was provided, even after expressing my displeasure with the initial seating location offered, was not to my expectation or as requested, and all I received from the staff were pale excuses and an arrogant "I don't care" attitude. The service was non attentive/sporadic.Special Features:
- First time patrons from Philly.Tomlite46Dined on 10/18/2014Food was OK - Service was better. Too much salt. Missed the veggie that we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great food and great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We showed up early for our reservations but they had a mini breakfast buffet for waiting guests with coffee and pastries, which I thought was really nice. The food laid out at the brunch buffet was brilliantly displayed like art. They looked too good to eat. The oysters and crab legs were fresh and memorable. I loved the build-your-own stations for Pasta, Omelet, Crepe, and Bloody Mary. The view was the excellent.Special Features: