Salty's on Alki Beach
1936 Harbor Ave. SW
Seattle, WA 98126Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's on Alki Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/seattle
- Phone: 2069371600x
- Hours of Operation:
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Saturdays 9:30am - 1:30pm; Sundays 8:45am - 1:30pm
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Friday 4:30pm -9:30pm, Saturday 4:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:30pm; Friday/Saturday - 4:00pm - 11pm; Sunday - 4pm - 10:30pm
HAPPY HOUR DAILY Monday - Friday 3 - 6PM & 9pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Paolo Carey-DiGregorio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Name your price and we'll build you a party, a banquet, a private dining event, a wedding reception or rehearsal dinner. Salty's caters your place or ours! Brides rate Salty's with five-star reviews at http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/saltys-on-alki-seattle/5bec7788bdf7ef8c.html.
Please contact us at (206) 937-1085. We look forward to serving you.
- Special Events: Salty's has everything you need to create the perfect party, wedding reception, anniversary, birthday, holiday party or corporate event. Call us today or go to Saltys.com for more.
A word from Salty's on Alki Beach
Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Tuesday through Friday. Happy hours daily and late night in the Cafe-Bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Salty's on Alki Beach - Best Restaurants in West Seattle/Alki ›
Salty's on Alki Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
436 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (378)special occasion (283)great for brunch (202)great for outdoor dining (178)romantic (154)good for groups (136)fit for foodies (114)great for lunch (93)neighborhood gem (82)kid-friendly (77)hot spot (50)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (21)Show More
- Date night gemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014From the moment we arrived the service and table location were excellent. Seated outside on a mild Seattle evening watching the sun set, and enjoying the city view and the lights as it got darker was spectacular. The food itself was the perfect foil to this. All of it, including the drinks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YikesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Omg it's way to expensive. $20 just for fish and chips....Special Features:
- Food lives up to its nameOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014My wife had King crab legs and they were way to salty. The server brought lemons to cut the salt, but it wasn't enough. Its like they left them in a brine tank. I had the salmon special which was decent but the accompanying potatoes and tomatoes were cooked in ash. If I wanted to taste an ash tray I would have brought my own. The best part of the meal were the pricey oysters. Expensive but delicious. The server did well, but overall way too much money for the quality of the food.
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014The view was beautiful, they put us at a corner table with the best view. Our server was wonderful, friendly, helpful and made our daughter's 21st birthday very special. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The salmon we had was done perfectly. Service was great. Our third time here and always try tohave dinner here when in Seattle.Special Features:
- Breath Taking ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014If you can sit out side, you MUST! You have a wonderful view of downtown Seattle. The brunch buffet was great - tons of options!Special Features:
- Too bad, soo sadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Table was ready at reserved time and was seated immediately. Reception staff very polite and gave instructions about the buffet. Menu looked great, food very disappointing. Many items were empty or had been on the steam tables so long that it was dried out. Quality was poor with the desserts tasting like they were made days ahead of time or kept from the previous day's (Saturday) brunch. Over cooked beef, seafood was empty and took a long time to renew items. Only bright spot of the made-to-order table where the food was excellent. Wait staff was too few to serve adequately. Waited an unacceptable length of time to order drinks and to receive them. Would not recommend the brunch to others, especially for the price of $50 a head.Special Features:
- GrandpaDined on 8/24/2014Awesome buffet!!! Crab and seafood to die for! Friendly staff. Only complaint would be the wait for drinks. Chad our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchBrendaDined on 8/24/2014Every time we go to Seattle we go to Salty's. It is one of our favorite places. Love the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014I brought my parents in on Sunday for brunch. Everything was great.Special Features:
- Best restaurant been to in my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything about Salty's on Alki is perfect. It has an amazing view of the Pudget Sound, service that is second to none, and the freshest and finest food you will ever find! AMAZING!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Better Ambiance.Vegas2SeattleDined on 8/23/2014I went here to celebrate my engagement and came back 4 years later to celebrate that day. Saltys is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood and beautiful viewDeedeeDined on 8/23/2014Made for a wonderful evening in Seattle. Took the water taxi from Downtown for added adventure. Came back across the bay watching the twinkling city lights.Special Features:
- RosebudSBDined on 8/23/2014The view was great the food was ok but over priced our waiter we had to ask him for water more coffee. We ask for more bread which he never did bring. The coffee came in a mug like you would get at Denny's not cool .The view was the best part. It was our 58th wedding anniversary and it didn't feel special there.Special Features:
- View is great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014The view is great but the chef needs to pay more attention to food details. I had the Salty's trio which was calamari, crab cake and coconut shrimp. the calamari and shrimp were over cooked, just shy of being burnt. I would not order this dish again.Special Features:
- 25,000th Day CelebrationMagnolia1Dined on 8/21/2014Booked for 25,000 Days dinner celebration on Thurs., Aug 21...realizing there are many requests for "ideal window seating," asked anyway and received fabulous placement at the window (with balloons) allowing us to enjoy waterfront... service was exceptional from everyone- beginning and enhanced by Derrick's congeniality-guidance-efforts, escorted by Lizzie, personally attended to by Trace with deliveries from Chase and Erin. If you had opportunity to choose this team- terrific! Glowing dinner recommendations were fulfilled by superb preparation. We had a meaningful, entertaining, and thoroughly enjoyable evening. Thank you so much Salty's! *Had OT gift certificate to activate online but no Salty's /Alki choice was listed- disallowing use.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenNDined on 8/21/2014The quality continues... It's a great place! Best view of the Seattle skyline and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpaettacolareFabrizioDined on 8/20/2014Eravamo stati da Salty's già quattro anni fa. Ho trovato che il posto sia addirittura migliorato, sia nel cibo che, soprattutto, nel servizio. Una bellissima esperienza!!!Special Features:
- A Lovely PlacebeachloverDined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious with an incredible view on the patio. The service was okay. I would still recommend Salty's, though. The greeting at the front was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time a MissSeeyouthereDined on 8/18/2014I have eaten at both Salty's a number of times and this was the first time I left feeling disappointed. We were promptly greeted and taken right to a table. even though we were 15 minutes early. The table had a great view of the cityscape and the West Seattle shoreline. Our waiter Casey seemed slammed within a few minutes of our sitting down. Our meals took way too much time to be served. Starters get a mixed review-Calamari was oily and overly battered. Main courses were hit and miss. Alder Smoked (planked?) salmon had a disagreeable topping and bland succotash underneath. Scallops were good. Hidden Creek Salmon was good but swam in a pool of risotto that did not look all that appealing. Bread choices were good. Great waiter/ hostsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch with visitorsteecee74Dined on 8/17/2014We took our family that is visiting from out of town for brunch and had a wonderful time. We were seated right at the window with an amazing view of Elliott Bay on a beautiful day in Seattle. The view was matched by the excellent food on the brunch buffet, with too much to list. Our guests had a great time and it will be a lasting memory of their trip here and I am sure we will be back as more guests come to visit.Special Features:
- Too crowded at brunchLauraDined on 8/17/2014Have been to Saltys many times for lunch, dinner, brunch and happy hour. Brunch on Sundays is too crowded, chaotic, noisy, long wait for seating and food. Food quality is great and our server was nice...but save your visit for another time or event vs brunch.Special Features:
- Great view but not the bestPeterDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I came here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. I made reservations and when we got there at 6:00pm (our reserved time) they asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside. It was nice out so we said out side. We were told 10 minutes, but we can sit in the bar. We went to the bar and service was very slow and it took 15 minutes to get greeted. we finally got out table after 25 minutes had passed. They sat us right next to a door where there was a lot of traffic from servers and guest. The server did not acknowledge that we were there for our anniversary. I only mention that because, I over heard another server ask why they came in.Special Features:
- Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Had a wonderful time with my husband...his first time eating at Salty's...food was great, the service was outstanding. Will be going back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Seattle....MaddyDined on 8/15/2014Wow....great staff, location food and service Salty's also provided transportation from our Hotel downtown. Would recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over-price and over saltyfoodiebritDined on 8/14/2014Sorry - great view, but the food was not nearly good enough for the price. Much was served cold or undercooked and all was way too salty and covered in butter. Also, despite a booking and phone confirmation we were seated almost 30 minutes late.Special Features:
- Great views-Great Food & ServiceTablefor2VIPDined on 8/13/2014We often dine at this Salty's location and every visit has been exceptional. The view of course is the initial draw but I have always had great friendly efficient service and the food is awesome. Any of the menu offerings is suggested and I really like the special menu additions that change it up. The waitstaff know the wine list well and if not familiar with one always offer a taste which is something I appreciate. The seafood is always fresh and well prepared. The Redondo beach location is also a favorite but West Seattle much more convenient to locals Seattle residents. A definite must try, you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Great view, good food, overpricedCouldBeBetterDined on 8/11/2014We have enjoyed Salty's on Alki several times and had good experiences I . That was mostly true this time except their prices are unreasonably high. Their view is unique but not THAT unique.Special Features:
- BCKCJTDined on 8/11/2014it was easy to make on online reservation. We were there early and they were able to seat us early. The views of Seattle skyline are marvelous and the food delicious. Great dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redondo saltys instead od alkicasper33Dined on 8/11/2014we went to redondo Saltys......... it has a great view and very good staff but the restaurant itself is not very nice or romantic...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On vacation & loving itNansulitaVIPDined on 8/11/2014We felt like we were on a wonderful vacation when we ate at Salty's (even though we live in Seattle). Great atmosphere with outdoor seating right next to the water. Great view of Seattle. Loved the visit from the seal who played around right near the shore. We loved the food too- all of us ordered different varieties of fish, the fish soup - and dessert of course. Fabulous! Our waitress was patient and offered suggestions when asked. Loved her too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit still not impressedFiestaForeverDined on 8/10/2014I have visited Saltys on Alki a couple of times and each time the Salmon lacked flavor, just uninspired. The clam chowder was also lacking. This most recent visit was on a Sunday evening at about 7:30 and it was uncomfortably warm. The service was excellent with the waiter really making us feel special so much so I felt I couldn't complain but later I felt My money would have been better spent elsewhere.
- Lack luster serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014I have been to Saltys many times; I find their food and service to be great. I had heard that the weekend brunch was amazing. I hadn't been, so when a friend had a birthday; I suggested we go. The food was good. It was fresh and there was plenty of it. The look and feel of the buffet was great. We even got sat outside, which was great and what a view! However, that was where it all ended. The server seemed less then enthused to be there. Almost seeming put out off to explain the buffet to us and then having to make a bloody mary. There were only two place settings and I had to get a third. Fresh silverware and drink refills were always late in coming. Nothing was ruined, but it is true that a server makes or breaks the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SiameseDined on 8/10/2014One of the members of our group is deathly allergic to crab & prawn SHELLS. Yet our visitors from San Diego love Dungeness crab. To solve this dilemma I asked our waitress if she could have the chef crack the crab in the kitchen and then serve the crab meat to our guests. Without hesitation she did and voila', it was a lovely brunch. Fabulous Service - thank you!Special Features:
- Ixoye4meDined on 8/10/2014Alex our server was excellent-attentive, personable; definitely made the celebration memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving the brunch!!Degnans4Dined on 8/10/2014It's been a few years since we've been to the brunch. And it was just as awesome as we remembered. Service was stellar. Loved the smiling faces. Food was great. We all waddled away blissfully full with huge smiles on our face. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Amazing food. Great atmosph. & viewYazStephDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. We couldn’t have picked a better place to celebrate, the food was amazing as always and the setting was very romantic. We arrived at the restaurant for a 9 pm reservation and we were seated at a table overlooking the breathtaking Seattle downtown core. Our server was very friendly and knowledgeable, and she asked us if we were celebrating a special occasion. Our food came in good time and was really good food. We didn’t want to order any dessert but our friendly waiter brought us a dessert on the house for celebrating our anniversary. It tasted great :). The price was a little high but it’s worth the place and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views and great waitressNollyGDined on 8/9/2014We booked this at the last minute looking for some great food and views and were very happy with both. Our waitress was really nice and most dishes were very good. I would give the restaurant 5 stars but the dessert was pretty bad. It was a banana/ chocolate combo which just didn't work. We were willing to give it a try because chocolate and anything should be OK, right? Well, not this time. And we thought - you can hardly wreck chocolate so even if we didn't like the banana part, we would be fine but even that was dry and boring. So go for everything but the funky dessert. We had another white cake with fruit that was good so there are some alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FromEurop2SeattleDined on 8/8/2014On top of awesome view, the food is excellent, wine good quality and great service. We went twice with our sons and we will keep in mind these particular nights.Special Features:
- Great Sea Food with a great viewDelishDined on 8/8/2014The food here is terrific. I had the whole Dungeness crab. It was great, I also recommend the oysters and a nice Washington Riesling to wash it all down while enjoying the great view of the amazing city of Seattle. After dinner why not take a stroll on Alki beach which is just up the road. This place is worth a trip over on the water taxi or the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.