28201 Redondo Beach Drive South
Des Moines, WA 98198Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's at Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/redondo/
- Phone: 2539460636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 11:30am -3:00pm;
Saturday 11:30am -close;
Monday - Thursday 5.00 - 9:00pm;
Fri and Sat 4:30-9:30pm;
Sunday 9:00am -1:00pm;
Monday-Saturday 2:00pm -6:00pm & 8:30pm -close;
Sunday 4:40pm -close;
Daily 11:30am till 8:30pm
Mon-Thurs 11:30am till 10:30pm;
Fri and Sat 11:30am till 11.30pm;
Sunday close at 9:30pm;
Monday - Thurday 3:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cabrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Salty’s on Alki at (206)937-1600 for off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy spectacular waterfront views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains from our restaurant and private dining facility. Our private dining accommodates up to 70 guests and includes an aquarium with 80 species of marine life, touch tanks, an octopus and jellyfish. Wireless internet.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2539458248x
- Entertainment: Live pop music Thursday, Friday Saturday 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
- Great Food, with high pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I love this place; it's quaint, scenic, right on the water, great service - but way too much money for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Jenna, our server, was outstanding very friendly and informative about food and beveragesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014First time there, great staff, good food, will be back often.Special Features:
- Dinner on Sept 8OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Well, where to start? Food is way overpriced for the serving sizes, but quality and taste were good. The noise level was loud to say the least. We believe we had been there once before in the 17 years we've lived here, we now remember why. We left sufficiently underwhelmed.Special Features:
- gotten better!fudnserviceDined on 9/7/2014Over the years saltys has gotten a bit stale. . Slow service. . Mediocre food. . But wow! My last two trips have been great. . Service was great this time. . ask for Jared to be your server. . Great job saltys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, amazing night!washingtonfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I wanted to have a very nice romantic night out. And Salty's at Redondo did not disappoint us at all. After having their special Grilled King Salmon and the Crab stuffed Salmon we went for a nice walk along the boardwalk and pier. It was also perfect timing to propose to her while watching the sunset and relaxing on the beach. She said yes and now Salty's will be a special place in our hearts for anniversary dinners and the like! Thank you so much to the staff and everyone who made this night as special as they could be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The hostess tried to seat me and my date in a very cramped space....we moved to another area....She did this when there were hardly no one else in the restaurant......Special Features:
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014View and service was great. Kerry (waitress) was very engaging and helpful. Food was looked great but delivered lukewarm if not cold.Special Features:
- wonderful!sundiningDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed lunch with out of town guest. Outside seating was great and food (fish & chips) was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and ServiceCharleyandLizVIPDined on 9/1/2014We loved the view, the food, and the service. We had much fun over a great lunch!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This local gem has amazing sunset views with one of the best service teams around. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality seafood, view of soundfsdukejrDined on 8/31/2014Third visit in 4 months, close to home, always good and always predictable. WA wine special was a plus. Dungeness crab and artichoke dip was excellent but pricy at $16. Seafood fettuccine sauce made you want to lick the plate. Dungeness crab stuffed salmon was memorable. Baskets of home made rolls are best bakery quality, crusty, chewy and delicious. Most tables have good view of south Puget Sound because the restaurant is built on a pier out on the water. Parking lot across the street is always packed. Reasonable selection of wines in the $20s, unusual for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Sunday BrunchgottaloveitDined on 8/31/2014The Sunday brunch is the best I ever had. Expensive - but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MrsCDined on 8/31/2014Food, service, view...everything was just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatMrPersonalityDined on 8/24/2014Available parking was pretty limited so give yourself some extra time to find parking. The beach smells like a funky WA state beach....so choose to sit inside if this bugs you. The food tasted good and the service was good as well. The menu was not very diverse, and did not explain the dishes and what came with what, very well. The food was overpriced. There is no dress code, so expect your fellow diners to be in everything from suits/dresses to flip-flops and shorts/t shirts. We only chose to dine here because my wife wanted to try something different for our anniversary...would I come back? Probably not. I would classify this as a slightly above average dining experience with a well above average price tag.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Hadn't been here in years and had forgotten how wonderful the brunch is! A wide variety of food, great setting, attentive staff made for a terrific outing with a good friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great place to go for Sunday brunch, but bring the checkbook or plan and save for awhile to enjoy guilt-free dining.Special Features:
- Great for Brunch - Special OccasionBillyJoJimBobDined on 8/17/2014Salty's provides a great Sunday Brunch. Not something we can afford all the time; but certainly when one wants to splurge and have a variety of choices for brunch it is awesome. Kids get things they enjoy (especially the chocolate fountain).Special Features:
- Mel-Salty'scast2cppDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to Salty's for many years, the service and food are always first quality. One of my favorite places.Special Features:
- What happened?MSMSDined on 8/14/2014Having been a Salty's fan and frequent diner for over 7 years, I was surprised when I took out of town business guests at the absolutely terrible service. So poor that it was talked about for the next two days every time we went out.Special Features:
- Good view, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server took about 10 minutes to get to us and we ordered drinks. Two others in our party arrived just as our drinks came. Server left before they could order drinks. She finally came back to "take our dinner order" and we said we wanted drinks for our other guests and order an appetizer first (duh). We had chowder and server asked if we wanted fresh pepper and cream sherry. Said yes but server left and never came back even though the cream sherry and pepper were sitting 3 tables away in the other direction. We waited 15 minutes while the chowder got cold and had to finally flag another server. At that point we said we wanted fresh chowder. Food was good, but extremely overpriced for the service and décor old and dated.Special Features:
- ctseattleDined on 8/10/2014The location is great. Enjoyed watching the scuba divers practice and the tide coming in. The only downside was the seating. The tables are so close together that it made getting up to enjoy the brunch a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!reveatsoutDined on 8/10/2014We went to Salty's to celebrate my retirement from Ministry. We chose the Sunday Brunch and it was wonderful. The service was great, the seafood selection was outstanding. I especially loved the oysters on the half shell and the crab. The drawn butter at the table was an added bonus. Since I am gluten free, it was hard to pass up all the beautiful desserts, but perhaps someday you will have a gluten free dessert menu for folks like me. The fresh fruit was a great ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchShilsholeDined on 8/10/2014First time to Salty's at Redondo. Food was terrific and service staff were very cordial and accommodating, however occasionally slow. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestMrsCDined on 8/10/2014Our view was fantastic, the food and service was beyond expectations. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT HAPPY WITH OUR WAITRESSNotHardToPleaseDined on 8/9/2014We sat down and ordered drinks and an appetizer they came quickly . We never got water or bread and our waitress disappeared for along time . When our dinner came it was cold and under under cooked. Then as we were finishing we heard her say "it's going to be a long night" I think she wasn't liking her job and it showed. The other employees seemed efficient and friendly wish we had one of them serving us.Special Features:
- Nice night on the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great Food, Great View! Ate on the Deck this time with 6:30 reservations. It was busy, but we were seated right away. Local seasonal favorites fill the menu. Started with the crab and avocado dip, great for sharing. My wife had Halibut and heirloom tomatoes that were just right with a side of dirty fries. I had the king salmon and heirloom tomatoes on a bed of pesto pasta. Finished up with the local berry shortcake that was shared. Head chef dropped by the table to make sure everything was alright. Always a good sign. I recommend the trek for the food and the view.Special Features:
- Salty's Rocks!GreatSteelheadDined on 8/8/2014We go to Salty's for special occasions because the always make them special. This was no exception, we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary, sat on the deck and loved every minute of it. The Seafood Fettuccini (with added Crab) was delicious, and to top it off the complimentary desert 'White Chocolate' cake was outstanding. If you haven't made it to Salty's in Redondo, I recommend you give it a try to see if meets (or exceeds) your expectations as much as ours.Special Features:
- Phenomenal.Kileym301Dined on 8/4/2014My girlfriends birthday was this passing weekend so I arranged to have dinner at Salty's after leaving WildWaves. I scheduled it to be at 8 for the sunset. I made it point to them to make it special for her birthday. And they did just that! They gave her the best seat in the house with the most breathtaking view! They even decorated the table with balloons and provided a slice of cake as a surprise. Not only was the restaurant and atmosphere beautiful, the staff was very helpful, attentive and most important very friendly. But the food.... Was AMAZING. As if the wonderful treatment wasn't enough, the food was to die for. This will be a new spot we'll go for many special occasions to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, terrible service!JustwantsgoodserviceDined on 8/4/2014We made reservations, got seated right away and then ignored for at least 15 minutes. Once our drink order was taken, our server disappeared for another 10 or so minutes only to return with really sweaty drinks as they had been sitting for quite awhile. The couple behind us waited for quite awhile to get menus and when the man mentioned it, the server said "Uh, we are really busy". We ordered, waited an amazingly long time for our food and then never checked on to see how we were. The couple behind had complained about a watery salad and the server asked "what do you want me to do about it?"In the end, he gave us the wrong bill and said we owed more money. For what should be a classy place, they really need to rethink or retrain staff.
- Good food, spectacular viewsTriGirlDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful place for dinner while you take in some fabulous views of the SoundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch I'v EVER had !!mzmarciDined on 8/3/2014The food was AMAZING. The price was steep for brunch, but it was sunny out, the water was calm, you could watch the beach goers. The food was hot, the selection amazing. I recommend deck seating for the brunch if weather permits.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchKelleyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate on the deck, weather was fabulous, food was good, service was too. It was a lovely day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicehappycamperDined on 8/1/2014We had a delicious dinner. Halibut was great. The lox on the Cesar Salad melts in your mouth. The only negative was being seated by a family with three children under the age of six :(. We went without our children for an adult dinner hoping it to be relaxing and kid-free since the prices are sky high. But to our surprise people bring very young children to exclusive, high-priced restaurants.Special Features:
- JosephineDined on 7/30/2014We had not been to Salty's for dinner in quite a while and will not go back. The place looks tired and is in need of a paint job. The food was a real disappointment : my husband had something called: "barbecued salmon": a piece of salmon with barbecue sauce on it ( likely to camouflage salmon that's not fresh. Some of the large potato slices were partially cooked. My Caesar salad left something to be desired: mediocre dressing, no cheese. We felt the prices were high for what we got.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014The staff at Salty's treated us very well for a birthday night. They prepared a nice table for our reservation, provided a free slice of cake for a birthday, and were appropriately attentive without being intrusive. The food is always excellent at Salty's, and did not disappoint this evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I enjoyed the food, ambience, & service. The gave a two on the noise level because we sat out on the deck very close to the speakers. The music was way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's at Redondo has good foodoneillDined on 7/28/2014The food is very good and was plated beautifully. The servers were exceptional as well as knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014we have been there before , we usually are on the deck however we were inside . I was just as nice inside as out side We had six people in are party and every one was very pleased with the food and the service . I paid the bill for all six of us with drinks and I was very happy on the price I paid with a tip . Under 300 dollars .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Everyone was taken with the oysters and clams in pesto sauce, not to mention the salmon special entree. A view on the deck of the sun going down on the Olympic mountains, with blankets for those who got a bit chilled, is the ultimate summer experience!Special Features: