28201 Redondo Beach Drive South
Des Moines, WA 98198Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's at Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/redondo/
- Phone: 2539460636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 11:30am -3:00pm;
Saturday 11:30am -close;
Monday - Thursday 5.00 - 9:00pm;
Fri and Sat 4:30-9:30pm;
Sunday 9:00am -1:00pm;
Monday-Saturday 2:00pm -6:00pm & 8:30pm -close;
Sunday 4:40pm -close;
Daily 11:30am till 8:30pm
Mon-Thurs 11:30am till 10:30pm;
Fri and Sat 11:30am till 11.30pm;
Sunday close at 9:30pm;
Monday - Thurday 3:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cabrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Salty’s on Alki at (206)937-1600 for off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy spectacular waterfront views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains from our restaurant and private dining facility. Our private dining accommodates up to 70 guests and includes an aquarium with 80 species of marine life, touch tanks, an octopus and jellyfish. Wireless internet.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2539458248x
- Entertainment: Live pop music Thursday, Friday Saturday 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014It was small but nice. The food was awesome and the service was some of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/29/2014Met a friend for lunch - had the tuna melt with fries and it was delicious. We had a great view of the water from our windowside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good value, but okaymamasanDined on 10/29/2014We went to Salty's at Redondo because OpenTable indicated that they offer lunch for Seattle Restaurant Week. But when we arrived, we were told they offer only dinner. It's rather expensive for lunch, but the food was pretty good. I had steelhead sandwich which was really tasty. It was $13 with fresh fruit or fries. The view from the windows are very nice. The service was fine although our waitress seemed less than genuine when she apologized for not offering lunch menu for Seattle Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- Great promotion to get us backfsdukejrDined on 10/28/2014Not an inexpensive restaurant. We almost always spend $100 or more per couple with wine but the food is always great and terrific atmosphere. We went for restaurant week, $30 for 3 courses. Seafood chowder is perhaps the best I have ever had. Alaskan Cod with cream sauce, shrimp and scallops over mashed potatoes was wonderful and the chef's special desert with chocolate and carmel was unusual and delicious. Bread is always fresh and hot. Great views if it is still light and not raining. The promotion was 3 courses for $30, but they also gave us a $20 gift certificate to come back in November, a total of $40 for the 2 of us. We live less than 2 miles away so what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The food was good and allot to eat. $41 per person without drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Way to Enjoy SeattleAchiever1Dined on 10/26/2014We enjoyed our visit to Salty's at Redondo Beach this past Sunday. It was our first visit to Seattle, and Salty's was recommended for brunch. We selected the Redondo Beach location instead of Aliki Beach because we were heading to Olympia. The location is fabulous - fun to be on the beach!! The brunch was beautifully set up and lots of choices. I was surprised at the price @ $41/person. While the regular breakfast/brunch foods were delicious and well presented, we were a bit disappointed in the seafood. For one, they list tiger prawns on the menu. They were absolutely not tiger prawns. They were the smallest little peel and eat shrimp ever. The crab legs were delicious, just a lot of work. dessert bar was beautiful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PacemakerDined on 10/26/2014Great for brunch, food was excellent, service was outstanding. Very nice place for special events!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vic WOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014An awesome night as always. We have been to Salty's dozens of times and have never been disappointed. Love the food, the service and the view. The menu changes often enough to keep it interesting and there are always great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Destination spotDivadish4uDined on 10/23/2014It was an adventure to get there since we were not familiar with the area, but glad we made it. The food was delicious from the seafood chowder and wedge salad, to the surf and turf and cod with scallops, mushroom and prawns sauce. The creme brulee dessert topped it off. We also had the white chocolate cake but it was too cake thick for our liking. The staff were very attentive and friendly from the host on. Overall, definitely worth the effort to get there. If possible, request a table by the window to geyethe full effect of the water view. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a shameMortangelDined on 10/19/2014This is my third trip to Salty's. Each time I found the food to be very average but the prices to be rather high. The wine list is on the high end also. It is Seattle Restaurant week and I took my parents, another family and a friend. Our waitress was pleasant but service was slow which was a bit tough with a five year old. He busied himself with the coloring sheet and crayons that were kindly provided. Still though, service was slow for a Sunday night. The bread rolls are tasteless and very chewy that we asked for more butter to choke them down. My chowder had balls of pasty stuff (cornstarch or flour). They ran out of the dessert choices. Again, nice waitress but not one person in my party of 8 would care to return. Shame.Special Features:
- Good Brunch, but Alki's is betterkristylynnVIPDined on 10/19/2014Overall, we liked the Brunch at Salty's at Rendono Beach. However, it was disappointing compared to the Brunch at the Salty's at Alki Beach. I would say half the size overall of Alki with many favorites missing. The food quality here was okay, a solid 3, but again Alki has them beat.Special Features:
- SeasideDinerDined on 10/19/2014Whether it be a special occasion dinner, drinks and appetizers or a sundrenched outdoor meal, I always love EVERY dining opportunity at Salty's Redond0...I'll return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddiner76Dined on 10/18/2014We had great food and service as always. Our go to for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchRsadow123Dined on 10/14/2014Had another nice business lunch at Salty's. On expensive side but good quality & tasty food. Acceptable service. Only negative was I was part of a party of five seated at a table for four; thus the fifth person (myself) was placed at the end of the table; we all had little table space. Ample available tables around 2pm. On an expense account, I will be happy to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, too loudlastminutedinerDined on 9/26/2014Took my Dad out for a birthday dinner. I booked the reservation at the last minute and was pleased I was able to do so on a Friday night. Great customer service. Between the live band playing in the bar and the very loud, general, background noise of the restaurant, having a conversation was pretty much out of the question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a viewdifferentDined on 9/26/2014Salty's is on the waterfrnt and just about every seat has a view. It is very small so probably not good for large parties but small groups are OK. I had the lobster which was raw n the middle so snt it bck and it came bck a little bter but still not fully cooked. The crab and artichoke dip was good but under seasoned, as was mst of the food. I also had the heirloom tomato salad which was excellent and perfectly seasoned. Unfortunately they chrged me for crab that I didn't order and didn't get. My fault for not ctching it befr I got home, so I would say to look carefully at your bill before leaving the restaurant. I feel the food should be better considering the prices they charge but overall a good time and I will return. Mr to sy bt no rm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerGary65Dined on 9/25/2014We four celebrated my sister's 60th Birthday at Salty's, one of her favorite spots. The staff was very attentive, our server excellent, and the food was delicious and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's At RedondoSourdoughDined on 9/24/2014One of our favorite eateries on our frequent visits to Seattle. Great service, friendly atmosphere, wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saltys at RedondoFirsttimevisitDined on 9/24/2014Very nice place to get together with friends and family for special occasions. Just don't forget to mind your footing on the step up flooring. Wait service is outstanding. They go out of their way to make your visit a special one.Special Features:
- What's not to likeAKfoodieDined on 9/21/2014We live in Alaska and are seafood snobs, but we always enjoy Salty's. I love to cook, so it is always with pleasure that I sample what Salty's has been cooking up. The menu always has pleasant surprises and old favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & serviceLarusaDined on 9/21/2014I love to come this place, they have the best service and great food. I love to be able to make reservations online instead of calling them over the phone, that will give me direct contact for availably right away. The only thing is that Alki location has more selection of dishes. This is a nice place for special occasion and being on the water makes it even more special.Special Features:
- Birthday Brunch PickkholesuthDined on 9/21/2014Salty's has always been a great choice for a special occasion, like a birthday brunch! great for all ages, the food choices are endless. the staff is warm and friendly. you are sure to leave with a full and happy belly. pictures on the beach after is an added bonus!Special Features:
- nobodyDined on 9/18/2014Salty's has been one of my favorite restaurants for many years. Service is great, food is always excellent and rich, and they do a great job pairing wine and dish. The only way this place could improve would be if every table was a window table so every diner could have a great view of the sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's Sepy 14OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/15/2014I have coming to Salt's for over twenty years and the food and service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Salty's @ RedondoLibbyDined on 9/15/2014Great view, wonderful menu, super service and excellent seating for our party. Well cared for by attentive staff. Thanks for a great 70th b'day!Special Features:
- Brunch al frescoFerdinandDined on 9/14/2014We sat outside for Salty's Sunday Brunch on a recent beautiful sun drenched morning. Staff was friendly and attentive and not just for show. It was easy to tell that they were enjoying the ambiance as much as us. Happy patrons sitting outdoors on Puget Sound can be/is habit forming. Too many delicious choices available for brunch so I recommend loading up on your favorites first, then explore! Salty's encourages customers to adhere to an hour and a half dining time limit (not too strict.shhhh ) for good reason. Everything is so good you would like to try it all, if that we're possible.Special Features:
- BrunchBubbleGirlDined on 9/14/2014I would recommend Salty's for a night out when there is a band playing in the bar. I wouldn't recommend it for a birthday brunch - it lacked the same romantic ambiance that it has at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, with high pricesLindaLuDined on 9/13/2014I love this place; it's quaint, scenic, right on the water, great service - but way too much money for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServerPatandmikeDined on 9/12/2014Jenna, our server, was outstanding very friendly and informative about food and beveragesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014First time there, great staff, good food, will be back often.Special Features:
- Salty'slizbethDined on 9/11/2014We ate a Salty's at the end of our Washington trip. It was absolutely perfect ending to a great trip. Great view of the sunset, on the water and fabulous food. We had the crab and artichoke dip, and we both thought it really was the best we have ever had!!! I had the seafood trio of coconut shrimp, crab cakes and calamari. It was all excellent. My husband had the creole salmon. Cooked perfectly!!! We were also served a complimentary piece of white cake with raspberry. It, too, was one of the best cakes I've ever had!!!Special Features:
- Dinner on Sept 8OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2014Well, where to start? Food is way overpriced for the serving sizes, but quality and taste were good. The noise level was loud to say the least. We believe we had been there once before in the 17 years we've lived here, we now remember why. We left sufficiently underwhelmed.Special Features:
- gotten better!fudnserviceDined on 9/7/2014Over the years saltys has gotten a bit stale. . Slow service. . Mediocre food. . But wow! My last two trips have been great. . Service was great this time. . ask for Jared to be your server. . Great job saltys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, amazing night!washingtonfoodieDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I wanted to have a very nice romantic night out. And Salty's at Redondo did not disappoint us at all. After having their special Grilled King Salmon and the Crab stuffed Salmon we went for a nice walk along the boardwalk and pier. It was also perfect timing to propose to her while watching the sunset and relaxing on the beach. She said yes and now Salty's will be a special place in our hearts for anniversary dinners and the like! Thank you so much to the staff and everyone who made this night as special as they could be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The hostess tried to seat me and my date in a very cramped space....we moved to another area....She did this when there were hardly no one else in the restaurant......Special Features:
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014View and service was great. Kerry (waitress) was very engaging and helpful. Food was looked great but delivered lukewarm if not cold.Special Features:
- wonderful!sundiningDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed lunch with out of town guest. Outside seating was great and food (fish & chips) was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and ServiceCharleyandLizVIPDined on 9/1/2014We loved the view, the food, and the service. We had much fun over a great lunch!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This local gem has amazing sunset views with one of the best service teams around. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top quality seafood, view of soundfsdukejrDined on 8/31/2014Third visit in 4 months, close to home, always good and always predictable. WA wine special was a plus. Dungeness crab and artichoke dip was excellent but pricy at $16. Seafood fettuccine sauce made you want to lick the plate. Dungeness crab stuffed salmon was memorable. Baskets of home made rolls are best bakery quality, crusty, chewy and delicious. Most tables have good view of south Puget Sound because the restaurant is built on a pier out on the water. Parking lot across the street is always packed. Reasonable selection of wines in the $20s, unusual for an upscale restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.