28201 Redondo Beach Drive South
Des Moines, WA 98198Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Salty's at Redondo Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltys.com/redondo/
- Phone: 2539460636x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 11:30am -3:00pm;
Saturday 11:30am -close;
Monday - Thursday 5.00 - 9:00pm;
Fri and Sat 4:30-9:30pm;
Sunday 9:00am -1:00pm;
Monday-Saturday 2:00pm -6:00pm & 8:30pm -close;
Sunday 4:40pm -close;
Daily 11:30am till 8:30pm
Mon-Thurs 11:30am till 10:30pm;
Fri and Sat 11:30am till 11.30pm;
Sunday close at 9:30pm;
Monday - Thurday 3:00pm - 6:00pm; Sunday 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Cabrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Salty’s on Alki at (206)937-1600 for off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy spectacular waterfront views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains from our restaurant and private dining facility. Our private dining accommodates up to 70 guests and includes an aquarium with 80 species of marine life, touch tanks, an octopus and jellyfish. Wireless internet.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2539458248x
- Entertainment: Live pop music Thursday, Friday Saturday 8:30pm to 11:00pm
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Good, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Available parking was pretty limited so give yourself some extra time to find parking. The beach smells like a funky WA state beach....so choose to sit inside if this bugs you. The food tasted good and the service was good as well. The menu was not very diverse, and did not explain the dishes and what came with what, very well. The food was overpriced. There is no dress code, so expect your fellow diners to be in everything from suits/dresses to flip-flops and shorts/t shirts. We only chose to dine here because my wife wanted to try something different for our anniversary...would I come back? Probably not. I would classify this as a slightly above average dining experience with a well above average price tag.Special Features:
- Fantastic brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Hadn't been here in years and had forgotten how wonderful the brunch is! A wide variety of food, great setting, attentive staff made for a terrific outing with a good friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Great place to go for Sunday brunch, but bring the checkbook or plan and save for awhile to enjoy guilt-free dining.Special Features:
- Great for Brunch - Special OccasionBillyJoJimBobDined on 8/17/2014Salty's provides a great Sunday Brunch. Not something we can afford all the time; but certainly when one wants to splurge and have a variety of choices for brunch it is awesome. Kids get things they enjoy (especially the chocolate fountain).Special Features:
- Mel-Salty'scast2cppDined on 8/16/2014I have been going to Salty's for many years, the service and food are always first quality. One of my favorite places.Special Features:
- What happened?MSMSDined on 8/14/2014Having been a Salty's fan and frequent diner for over 7 years, I was surprised when I took out of town business guests at the absolutely terrible service. So poor that it was talked about for the next two days every time we went out.Special Features:
- Good view, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/10/2014Our server took about 10 minutes to get to us and we ordered drinks. Two others in our party arrived just as our drinks came. Server left before they could order drinks. She finally came back to "take our dinner order" and we said we wanted drinks for our other guests and order an appetizer first (duh). We had chowder and server asked if we wanted fresh pepper and cream sherry. Said yes but server left and never came back even though the cream sherry and pepper were sitting 3 tables away in the other direction. We waited 15 minutes while the chowder got cold and had to finally flag another server. At that point we said we wanted fresh chowder. Food was good, but extremely overpriced for the service and décor old and dated.Special Features:
- ctseattleDined on 8/10/2014The location is great. Enjoyed watching the scuba divers practice and the tide coming in. The only downside was the seating. The tables are so close together that it made getting up to enjoy the brunch a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!reveatsoutDined on 8/10/2014We went to Salty's to celebrate my retirement from Ministry. We chose the Sunday Brunch and it was wonderful. The service was great, the seafood selection was outstanding. I especially loved the oysters on the half shell and the crab. The drawn butter at the table was an added bonus. Since I am gluten free, it was hard to pass up all the beautiful desserts, but perhaps someday you will have a gluten free dessert menu for folks like me. The fresh fruit was a great ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchShilsholeDined on 8/10/2014First time to Salty's at Redondo. Food was terrific and service staff were very cordial and accommodating, however occasionally slow. We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestMrsCDined on 8/10/2014Our view was fantastic, the food and service was beyond expectations. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT HAPPY WITH OUR WAITRESSNotHardToPleaseDined on 8/9/2014We sat down and ordered drinks and an appetizer they came quickly . We never got water or bread and our waitress disappeared for along time . When our dinner came it was cold and under under cooked. Then as we were finishing we heard her say "it's going to be a long night" I think she wasn't liking her job and it showed. The other employees seemed efficient and friendly wish we had one of them serving us.Special Features:
- Nice night on the water.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Great Food, Great View! Ate on the Deck this time with 6:30 reservations. It was busy, but we were seated right away. Local seasonal favorites fill the menu. Started with the crab and avocado dip, great for sharing. My wife had Halibut and heirloom tomatoes that were just right with a side of dirty fries. I had the king salmon and heirloom tomatoes on a bed of pesto pasta. Finished up with the local berry shortcake that was shared. Head chef dropped by the table to make sure everything was alright. Always a good sign. I recommend the trek for the food and the view.Special Features:
- Salty's Rocks!GreatSteelheadDined on 8/8/2014We go to Salty's for special occasions because the always make them special. This was no exception, we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary, sat on the deck and loved every minute of it. The Seafood Fettuccini (with added Crab) was delicious, and to top it off the complimentary desert 'White Chocolate' cake was outstanding. If you haven't made it to Salty's in Redondo, I recommend you give it a try to see if meets (or exceeds) your expectations as much as ours.Special Features:
- Phenomenal.Kileym301Dined on 8/4/2014My girlfriends birthday was this passing weekend so I arranged to have dinner at Salty's after leaving WildWaves. I scheduled it to be at 8 for the sunset. I made it point to them to make it special for her birthday. And they did just that! They gave her the best seat in the house with the most breathtaking view! They even decorated the table with balloons and provided a slice of cake as a surprise. Not only was the restaurant and atmosphere beautiful, the staff was very helpful, attentive and most important very friendly. But the food.... Was AMAZING. As if the wonderful treatment wasn't enough, the food was to die for. This will be a new spot we'll go for many special occasions to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, terrible service!JustwantsgoodserviceDined on 8/4/2014We made reservations, got seated right away and then ignored for at least 15 minutes. Once our drink order was taken, our server disappeared for another 10 or so minutes only to return with really sweaty drinks as they had been sitting for quite awhile. The couple behind us waited for quite awhile to get menus and when the man mentioned it, the server said "Uh, we are really busy". We ordered, waited an amazingly long time for our food and then never checked on to see how we were. The couple behind had complained about a watery salad and the server asked "what do you want me to do about it?"In the end, he gave us the wrong bill and said we owed more money. For what should be a classy place, they really need to rethink or retrain staff.
- Good food, spectacular viewsTriGirlDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful place for dinner while you take in some fabulous views of the SoundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch I'v EVER had !!mzmarciDined on 8/3/2014The food was AMAZING. The price was steep for brunch, but it was sunny out, the water was calm, you could watch the beach goers. The food was hot, the selection amazing. I recommend deck seating for the brunch if weather permits.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchKelleyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We ate on the deck, weather was fabulous, food was good, service was too. It was a lovely day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicehappycamperDined on 8/1/2014We had a delicious dinner. Halibut was great. The lox on the Cesar Salad melts in your mouth. The only negative was being seated by a family with three children under the age of six :(. We went without our children for an adult dinner hoping it to be relaxing and kid-free since the prices are sky high. But to our surprise people bring very young children to exclusive, high-priced restaurants.Special Features:
- JosephineDined on 7/30/2014We had not been to Salty's for dinner in quite a while and will not go back. The place looks tired and is in need of a paint job. The food was a real disappointment : my husband had something called: "barbecued salmon": a piece of salmon with barbecue sauce on it ( likely to camouflage salmon that's not fresh. Some of the large potato slices were partially cooked. My Caesar salad left something to be desired: mediocre dressing, no cheese. We felt the prices were high for what we got.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014The staff at Salty's treated us very well for a birthday night. They prepared a nice table for our reservation, provided a free slice of cake for a birthday, and were appropriately attentive without being intrusive. The food is always excellent at Salty's, and did not disappoint this evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I enjoyed the food, ambience, & service. The gave a two on the noise level because we sat out on the deck very close to the speakers. The music was way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty's at Redondo has good foodoneillDined on 7/28/2014The food is very good and was plated beautifully. The servers were exceptional as well as knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Birthday partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014we have been there before , we usually are on the deck however we were inside . I was just as nice inside as out side We had six people in are party and every one was very pleased with the food and the service . I paid the bill for all six of us with drinks and I was very happy on the price I paid with a tip . Under 300 dollars .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/21/2014Everyone was taken with the oysters and clams in pesto sauce, not to mention the salmon special entree. A view on the deck of the sun going down on the Olympic mountains, with blankets for those who got a bit chilled, is the ultimate summer experience!Special Features:
- SalmonFalconVIPDined on 7/21/2014Go in season for salmon for best fish. Parking is tight.Special Features:
- Great place for brunch!IlikefoodDined on 7/20/2014It was our First time having brunch there and the food was fantastic! We will be returning again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabCrabDined on 7/20/2014Overall was good. Hard to get around to the buffet due to small area's. This was our second visit to the Redondo location. Our 1st visit a few months ago the crab was outstanding. This visit it was almost mooshie. We notices many of the shells were more brown where should be white so not sure if they were over cooked. Also on trips to the crap the employee filing would ask us to move to re-fill. Otherwise the drinks, service, and food were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchAnotherfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014We brought my in-laws here from LA for the Sunday seafood brunch which included a raw bar of dungenous crab legs, shrimp, and oysters. They also had carved prime rib, kielbasa, cook to order omelettes, crepes and pasta. We were really impressed by the quality of the food as well as the service! The view definitely can't be beat. My husband and I will be back for date night :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leafrancesDined on 7/20/2014My relatives come from Hawaii and schedule to be here when they can attend the Sunday brunch because the food is fabulous. The service is wonderful and the servers are fantastic!Special Features:
- Exceptional servicePainterDined on 7/19/2014We had dinner reservations for Saturday at 7:00 PM. Although the restaurant was very busy, the hostess managed all of the arriving guests with a great smile, speed and efficiency. The server was friendly and very professional. Service was exceptional. The assistant manager stopped by our table to confirm that we were happy with our dinner. The copper river salmon was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthdaysherjsDined on 7/18/2014Nice touches for my mother's 67th birthday. Had balloons at table. Cake was yummy and gratis. Treated her really well. Loved the mixed grill. Go before 6 and make reservations, less crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best outdoor diningMaryDined on 7/18/2014Always an excellent experience. Service and food outstandig! One of my favorite places for outdoor dining in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014The wait staff is efficient and they do serve promptly. The food is well prepared and priced reasonably. This is a very busy restaurant and it appears to have a faithful clientele. Better than just for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always the bestFancyFoodLuverDined on 7/10/2014We went to Salty's again abd the new menu is fantastic. The truffle frites and the lobster risotto and Manila clams were fantastic! The copper river salmon with the seafood medley were spot on. The only thing I didn't care for was the dirty rice with andoulli sausage. The spicynessif the sausage and spice in the rice made it seem like one item not 2. Don't forget the white chocolate mousse cake for desert! Outside ambience watching the sunset on the deck led to a bonus for me after the date lol enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceToddDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I went to Salty's for the first time 18 years ago and talked about it ever since. We went back to Seattle for vacation and had to put it on the must do list again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eveningDavidVDined on 7/10/2014The patio, food and bar specials were all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place.MimiDined on 7/6/2014The food are excellent but service need some improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but PriceyRedondoDined on 7/6/2014This is really a nice location with great views of Puget Sound. The seafood is fresh and good. The rest of the buffet is excellent, too. It is a bit expensive for what you get. To get value here you have to really love seafood and the sea views. We do so we come back on special occasions a few times a year. Service was polite and adequate but I was rather disappointed to never be offered a coffee refill until I specifically asked. My cup stood empty on the table for quite some time without anyone noticing.Special Features: