Saltwater Grill - Panama City
11040 Hutchinson Blvd
Panama City Beach, FL 32407Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Saltwater Grill - Panama City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltwatergrillpcb.com/
- Phone: 8502302739
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rob Burgess
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday featuring the talented Michael Rorah. Stop by for dinner or drinks and hear Michael play all your favorites in Panama City Beach’s only Piano Bar!
- Special Events: Please call Trish to book your special event - 850-230-2739
A word from Saltwater Grill - Panama City
As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach, Florida, restaurant, you are presented with a panoramic view of our seven-foot high, 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and Mermaid Room lounge offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Fresh, locally caught seafood, choice hand cut steaks, and live Maine Lobster are our specialty. We use only the freshest produce and ingredients. All of our sauces are made from scratch daily. We also feature an extensive wine and martini list. Live music featuring the talented Michael Rorah every Tuesday through Saturday. Listed as one of Southern Livings top reasons to visit Panama City Beach, the Saltwater Grill is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Saltwater Grill offers a unique dining experience you are sure to remember!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Saltwater Grill - Panama City - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Saltwater Grill - Panama City reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (57)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (42)kid-friendly (41)notable wine list (26)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (16)scenic view (12)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great timecrazyeater30Dined on 8/30/2014It was a great experience loved the food the ambiance and the guy that sings on the piano to lighten the mood.Great all away aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I recently celebrated out 10 year anniversary. We make sure to come to Salt Water Grill everytime we visit PC. Thank you for the great experience.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Everything was absolutely fabulous except the service. Enjoyed cocktails, appetizers, and entrees. All which were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the Best at PCBAUmaniacDined on 8/28/2014Good service, GREAT food, and excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Our waitress was very attentive to our needs and contributed to our enjoyment by engaging herself with us. The meal, including appetizers, entrée and dessert, was spot on. Timing was right and food arrived hot, not something one can take for granted these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but Awesome!HopethishelpsDined on 8/22/2014The food here was so delicious! It was little pricey but compared to the quality of the food at some places for not much less it was worth the difference! Kudos to the Chef and our waiter Robert was very helpful and provided great service! Loved the Piano Man and the Fish Tank was awesome! I do however wish Restaurants would offer a Family side. We were celebrating our Anniversary and would have preferred that night to not be seated near children. That being said, we got lucky because the people with a child took her out to see the fish when she got fussy so minimum disturbance, Some people are not so courteous. I always wished when my children were small there were separate dine areas, so we didnt disturb others, if they had a bad night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and service!Phillydiners6780Dined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful meal, mine was the chef's special salmon, my husband's crab cakes. Very delicious combination of flavors! We also had the dessert platter to share which was an unbelievable amount of desserts for $14! All very good, but we both agreed the key lime pie was best. The decor was just okay. Yes, there's a huge fish tank, but the rest of the room is bland. If you've been to an aquarium ever, it's just a fish tank. Service was extremely efficient. It was an older, retired kind of crowd between 6-8. Younger couples might want to find something more romatic with an ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special dinnerMusicJunkeeDined on 8/18/2014We were vacationing in Panama City Beach, and were looking for a special place to celebrate my wife's 60th anniversery. This was perfect! The waiter was excellent, the atmosphere very fine and the food was outstanding. We plan to make this one of our "go-to' restaurants when we come to Panama City Beach.Special Features:
- Great FindHUDiva35Dined on 8/17/2014We visited this restaurant while on vacation after reading other Open Table reviews. Beautiful fish tank display! Good food and service. Lobster spring rolls, calamari, fettuccine with shrimp & chicken, and Diver scallops with risotto; kids fettuccine with shrimp and fried fish were all tasty with portions for leftovers. Our waitress was very attentive. One of the hostesses was great interacting with our 2 little ones. They left with full stomaches, free seashells and smiles on their faces! Great first eating experience in PCBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but Good FoodKtcpianoDined on 8/15/2014The noise level was excessive. The piano was perfectly amplified, but the noise level from the patrons was truly deafening. Some acoustic panels would help. However, the food was quite good even though the kitchen had run out of some ingredients, and the service was top notch and highly professional.
- Great dinnerDiner2245Dined on 8/15/2014Took my teen daughter out for a special dinner together. Food & service were both outstanding. I highly recommend the mixed grill and the vanilla creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & serviceFoodloverDined on 8/13/2014The food was timely and great. The server noticed our child was hungry and tired and made a great effort to get him bread and a drink quickly knowing he was cranky. She saved me a meltdown. The gosh and steaks were cooked to perfection as well.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!HopeandMichaelDined on 8/10/2014We had gotten a recommendation to try the Salt Water Grill so decided to give it a try. Walked in to a beautiful and very romantic atmosphere. Started with the delicious fried green tomatoes, the server brought us a basket of there home made bread and I recommend everyone try this. They informed us that all the herbs were grown in there garden which you could taste the fresh blend in every bite! We both got the diver scallops which we both agree were the best seafood we have ever had on the coast! Finished with a dessert sampler and completed the fantastic experience! We travel to PC often and will be back! Recommend everyone try, you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently great food & servicesearchingexcellenceDined on 8/10/2014Menu selection is great and food preparation excellent. Our server Mikael made our evening interesting with valuable remarks and suggestions. His knowledge of the food items was very useful. His personality highlighted our evening in this very unique restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014We had a great time at this local landmark. Jocelyn was incredible and great with our two young boys dining with us. We will recommend and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!betoDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious! I was in panama city for vacation. I would definitely go back, great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love to eat here!DBH78Dined on 8/2/2014When we can get in we love to eat here. Server was a little occupied with some friends at another table, but he was ok. The redfish was a little dry but good . The rest if the meal was good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDimer4Dined on 8/2/2014We went early for the early bird specials and ordered the fried calamari and a couple of lime martinis. The martinis and calamari were excellent. For the entree, we ordered from the regular menu and had lobster bisque, red fish etoufee and snapper. The bisque and etoufee were way too salty and fish was overcooked. There were hardly any lobsters in the bisque. However, my snapper and the green beans (that came with the meal) were done to perfection. Food came in generous portions even for the early bird special. I would add that both fish were very fresh.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experience!FoodSnobDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good and our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. Watching the fish in the aquarium was an added feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice aquariumRBCangemiDined on 8/1/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. The huge aquarium is just beautiful. We had a nice table by the window. The noise level is very loud. The service was a bit slow. Our waitress did not get our order correct. My husbands grouper was dried out. My snapper was delicious. Will probably give this restaurant another try, but not too soon.Special Features:
- High prices but yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Went early for early bird special...Our reservation was for 5:45 but Early bird ends at 5:30 :o( Food was very good...waitstaff busy but attentive firecracker shrimp great way to start the meal...had the waitress pick my meal...scallops and risotto...yummy!!!Special Features:
- Food was great- Not a "fancy" placeKentuckyMommaDined on 7/29/2014The food tasted great. Go for the lobster bisque! The shrimp and scallops were over cooked, but the steak was perfect. We came really dressed up thinking it would be a high class place. However, there is NO dress code. People were in shorts and flip flops. One of the ladies with me said the atmosphere felt like just one step above an a you can eat buffet. Maybe the bar side is a little nicer, but we weren't over there. I will say the giant aquarium is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!LuvthebeachDined on 7/25/2014Love the ambience but the food was even better! Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome service!callyyx1Dined on 7/25/2014Mari was awesome. Food was amazing. Great atmosphere. Make reservations they r busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on vacationkingfisheDined on 7/25/2014Food was excellent and so was the service. Very elegant atmosphere but to much for just casual tropical dress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy but excellentPlex2eatDined on 7/25/2014Kind of a fancy place compared to other PCB places. And kind of pricy too. But the food was excellent, and so was the service. I went with a large party, and there wasn't a single complaint. Steak was excellent, as was the fish. It is a very nice change from the usual down here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville Wishes We Had YousrgrocksDined on 7/24/2014Amazing food, service & atmosphere!! Warren was our server, & he kept us entertained with his quick witt & funny stories! We come to SWG every year - it's our favorite PCB dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 3rd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I originally took my family to Salt Water Grill a couple of years ago and we all loved it. Since that time, I've taken 2 groups of customers for special occasion dinners and they've also raved about the food and service. My very favorite restaurant in Panama City. Great food at a very affordable price.Special Features:
- best place @ PCBgandyexDined on 7/20/2014This is my family's best place to eat @ Panama city Beach. Food and dessert are great. We will eat there at least twice a week when we are down there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service...not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We had very good food, but the service was slow, the server was crabby and seemed overwhelmed. The manager stepped in to help out and I would recommend it to anyone else. My daughter said the grilled shrimp was the best she's ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bang for the buckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Dinner was awesome here!! 5 star food at 3 star prices. Service was exemplary. The firecracker shrimp is to die for and the lobster bisque is the best I have ever had. The lady at the front, the manager I think, was so friendly and made us feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table does not workSummer14Dined on 7/17/2014Made a reservation and restaurant was not that crowded. Took them over a hour to seat us even after making reservations. You will get in faster without reservation. What a waist of time and the restaurant was not worth a hour wait.
- Great experienceDiningwith4kidsDined on 7/15/2014We booked this as our "fancy dinner" on vacation with the kids. It could not have been better. Our waitress was superb. The fish tank was really cool. The food was exceptional. The strawberry basil mojito was delicious. Very kid friendly (we have 4 ages 3-9). And the dessert sampler was a big hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in Panama City BeachNawlinsohiofamilyDined on 7/15/2014Our servers Mikael and Amanda (our party of 11 was seated at two tables side-by-side) were very attentive. Some of the best service we have ever had! Ate here our last night in town. Very good Prime Rib, cooked to our liking. Most of the party had the early bird specials, excellent choice! Two had prime rib, one had chicken marsala and one had mahi mahi for $14.99! Awesome homemade bread! Had the calamari (early bird $5) as an appetizer very light and crispy not at all chewy. We will definitely be recommending and making this our MUST the next time we are in town!Special Features:
- AtlantaDisappointed4sureDined on 7/12/2014Food was ok. I think you can get just as good of food about anywhere in PCB. Our waiter was not very good at all. I waited at least 8-10 minutes without any thing to drink before he refilled my glass. Would not recommend as a top spot in PCB. The aquarium was beautiful to see and take pictures of and that was the highlight of our visit for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice ambience, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014This place had excellent food, and ambience. The piano was a nice touch. And the service was the best I have ever had at any restaurant. Food was well seasoned; I give 4 stars for the food only because my steak was slightly under cooked. I recommend this place to anyone stating in the area. Perfect place for romantic dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Everything was delicious!! Seated immediately with reservation. The scallops were recommended by the waitress and I was not disappointed. The restaurant was a little loud and we had to wait on our salads quite a while, but the entrees were heavenly. The prices are not too much higher than other places at the beach and the fact that you can make a reservation and be seated immediately and be served some fabulous food, makes this place a hit in my book!I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSatisfiedGramwithstyleDined on 7/8/2014I am the ultimate foodie. I could find anything wrong with the food. I highly recommend the snapper with Gouda grit cakes. Omg. It was like heaven on a plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!36babyDined on 7/5/2014The happiest moment in Panama City! My husband was seating right next to me, the food (taste, food deco.) was really good! (The server brought our lobster and showed me before they cook it.) I liked it very much! The music was great (couldn't hear it clearly tho...because many people were talking loudly), I liked the flirtini (I don't usually drink martini but this was good!), OHHHHH and the tank!!! That was really something! I took a lot of pictures in front. I definitely wanna go back if I have a chance to go to Panama city one more time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family dining experienceezdoesitDined on 7/5/20144th of July Weekend without a wait. This place took my reservation through OpenTable without the hassles of a phone call and promptly replied by email to my I phone so I was assured that the reservation was cofirmed. After several miles of bumper to bumper traffic--they took us straight to our table and our orders were taken promptly and with accuracy and the food was prepared superbly. The Lobster Bisque was excellent. The Scamp was grilled to just the right texture and topped off with fresh lump crabmeat and a light butter sauce. Rice pilaf was not the best but who cares. The main entre was superb. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys a relaxing atmosphere with excellent food. Nice aquarium with colorful fish too!!Special Features: