Saltwater Grill - Panama City
11040 Hutchinson Blvd
Panama City Beach, FL 32407Neighborhood:
Panama City Beach - Bay Point
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Saltwater Grill - Panama City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltwatergrillpcb.com/
- Phone: 8502302739
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm- 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Rob Burgess
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Tuesday through Saturday featuring the talented Michael Rorah. Stop by for dinner or drinks and hear Michael play all your favorites in Panama City Beach’s only Piano Bar!
- Special Events: Please call Trish to book your special event - 850-230-2739
A word from Saltwater Grill - Panama City
As soon as you enter our Panama City Beach, Florida, restaurant, you are presented with a panoramic view of our seven-foot high, 25,000-gallon tropical saltwater aquarium. Both our Café dining room and Mermaid Room lounge offer dazzling views of this tropical reef and its nonstop parade of exotic sea creatures. Fresh, locally caught seafood, choice hand cut steaks, and live Maine Lobster are our specialty. We use only the freshest produce and ingredients. All of our sauces are made from scratch daily. We also feature an extensive wine and martini list. Live music featuring the talented Michael Rorah every Tuesday through Saturday. Listed as one of Southern Livings top reasons to visit Panama City Beach, the Saltwater Grill is a favorite with locals and visitors alike. Saltwater Grill offers a unique dining experience you are sure to remember!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Saltwater Grill - Panama City - Best Restaurants in Panama City Beach - Bay Point ›
Saltwater Grill - Panama City reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (54)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (48)kid-friendly (41)hot spot (24)notable wine list (21)scenic view (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great food and service but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Only complaint is the big screen TVs over the bar that are visible in the dining room. The food and service are first rate but spoiled somewhat by football games and the distraction they cause.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Zoltan was an excellent server and the food was very good! All seafood this trip. Scallops, scallops and shrimp and just scallops. Loved it all! Drinks were just OK - small and not to strong at all. We were Sat away from fish tanks somewhat out of the way and could hear the pump from the bathrooms running every so often. Prices were reasonable for the food and drinks we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMaryMBDined on 9/13/2014We had never eaten here before but I read many good reviews on Trip Advisor. We went to the early bird dining. There were about 6 entrees to choose from which included a soup or salad, a starch, and veggie of the day. Portions were ample. Bill, our server, was very attentive. I would recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- Bad service great foodRusty1099Dined on 9/12/2014Food great but worst service EVER! Will not return because of this, so many other choices with such bad service.
- Excellent!September16Dined on 9/12/2014We are from Maryland and this place was recommended by a local resident. We made reservations online and in the additional information we wrote that we were celebrating a birthday and anniversary. The waiter was excellent in service and suggesting places to go. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. They even brought out 2 chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary and we didn't even say anything when we were there, they paid attention to the online reservation. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkiWylam1Dined on 9/11/2014The evening was very pleasant. Our reservation was accepted when there was a wait for a table. We were promptly seated and the meal and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for seafood or steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014This was a good place for a family dinner. Make reservations or the wait may be a bit long. We all enjoyed the dishes that we ordered.Special Features:
- This was our 2nd visit. We love it!KdaddyDined on 9/10/2014We love this place. We found it 2 years ago. We booked on OpenTable with a special request for our son who is in a wheelchair and they more than accommodated us. We ordered his food first so we could feed him and they had it out fresh and ready in no time flat. Great service! Everyone is so friendly. Our food was great and I must say that was the best prime rib that I have ever had!! Everything was outstanding! Thanks again and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterBarneyDined on 9/5/2014Warren was our waiter, he was just OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! I wish everyone had work ethics as he does. He is a KEEPER:-)Special Features:
- Good choice for a mid priced valuetaschrothDined on 9/3/2014This is a real restaurant, by that I mean some of the places near a resort look the part of something unique and special just to have below average food and presentation. Salt Water is a classy place BUT not a high end expensive restaurant. You get what you pay for and fell like you got great value. Professional servers, great presentation, lots of food. Regular menu is great but if you go early its a real barging. Safe bet, don't be afraid to try it.Special Features:
- awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Great food, great service! Wonderful experience. Well worth your time and money!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timecrazyeater30Dined on 8/30/2014It was a great experience loved the food the ambiance and the guy that sings on the piano to lighten the mood.Great all away aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I recently celebrated out 10 year anniversary. We make sure to come to Salt Water Grill everytime we visit PC. Thank you for the great experience.Special Features:
- ServiceVballcoachDined on 8/29/2014Everything was absolutely fabulous except the service. Enjoyed cocktails, appetizers, and entrees. All which were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1 of the Best at PCBAUmaniacDined on 8/28/2014Good service, GREAT food, and excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt Water Grill DiningTXbeachfolksDined on 8/26/2014Always good food, reasonable prices and good service. We always have Salt Water Grill on our must visit list in PCB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice evening.DaddyLikesDined on 8/26/2014Our waitress was very attentive to our needs and contributed to our enjoyment by engaging herself with us. The meal, including appetizers, entrée and dessert, was spot on. Timing was right and food arrived hot, not something one can take for granted these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but Awesome!HopethishelpsDined on 8/22/2014The food here was so delicious! It was little pricey but compared to the quality of the food at some places for not much less it was worth the difference! Kudos to the Chef and our waiter Robert was very helpful and provided great service! Loved the Piano Man and the Fish Tank was awesome! I do however wish Restaurants would offer a Family side. We were celebrating our Anniversary and would have preferred that night to not be seated near children. That being said, we got lucky because the people with a child took her out to see the fish when she got fussy so minimum disturbance, Some people are not so courteous. I always wished when my children were small there were separate dine areas, so we didnt disturb others, if they had a bad night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food and service!Phillydiners6780Dined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful meal, mine was the chef's special salmon, my husband's crab cakes. Very delicious combination of flavors! We also had the dessert platter to share which was an unbelievable amount of desserts for $14! All very good, but we both agreed the key lime pie was best. The decor was just okay. Yes, there's a huge fish tank, but the rest of the room is bland. If you've been to an aquarium ever, it's just a fish tank. Service was extremely efficient. It was an older, retired kind of crowd between 6-8. Younger couples might want to find something more romatic with an ocean view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special dinnerMusicJunkeeDined on 8/18/2014We were vacationing in Panama City Beach, and were looking for a special place to celebrate my wife's 60th anniversery. This was perfect! The waiter was excellent, the atmosphere very fine and the food was outstanding. We plan to make this one of our "go-to' restaurants when we come to Panama City Beach.Special Features:
- Great FindHUDiva35Dined on 8/17/2014We visited this restaurant while on vacation after reading other Open Table reviews. Beautiful fish tank display! Good food and service. Lobster spring rolls, calamari, fettuccine with shrimp & chicken, and Diver scallops with risotto; kids fettuccine with shrimp and fried fish were all tasty with portions for leftovers. Our waitress was very attentive. One of the hostesses was great interacting with our 2 little ones. They left with full stomaches, free seashells and smiles on their faces! Great first eating experience in PCBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but Good FoodKtcpianoDined on 8/15/2014The noise level was excessive. The piano was perfectly amplified, but the noise level from the patrons was truly deafening. Some acoustic panels would help. However, the food was quite good even though the kitchen had run out of some ingredients, and the service was top notch and highly professional.
- Great dinnerDiner2245Dined on 8/15/2014Took my teen daughter out for a special dinner together. Food & service were both outstanding. I highly recommend the mixed grill and the vanilla creme brûlée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food & serviceFoodloverDined on 8/13/2014The food was timely and great. The server noticed our child was hungry and tired and made a great effort to get him bread and a drink quickly knowing he was cranky. She saved me a meltdown. The gosh and steaks were cooked to perfection as well.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!HopeandMichaelDined on 8/10/2014We had gotten a recommendation to try the Salt Water Grill so decided to give it a try. Walked in to a beautiful and very romantic atmosphere. Started with the delicious fried green tomatoes, the server brought us a basket of there home made bread and I recommend everyone try this. They informed us that all the herbs were grown in there garden which you could taste the fresh blend in every bite! We both got the diver scallops which we both agree were the best seafood we have ever had on the coast! Finished with a dessert sampler and completed the fantastic experience! We travel to PC often and will be back! Recommend everyone try, you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently great food & servicesearchingexcellenceDined on 8/10/2014Menu selection is great and food preparation excellent. Our server Mikael made our evening interesting with valuable remarks and suggestions. His knowledge of the food items was very useful. His personality highlighted our evening in this very unique restaurant.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014We had a great time at this local landmark. Jocelyn was incredible and great with our two young boys dining with us. We will recommend and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!betoDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious! I was in panama city for vacation. I would definitely go back, great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love to eat here!DBH78Dined on 8/2/2014When we can get in we love to eat here. Server was a little occupied with some friends at another table, but he was ok. The redfish was a little dry but good . The rest if the meal was good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDimer4Dined on 8/2/2014We went early for the early bird specials and ordered the fried calamari and a couple of lime martinis. The martinis and calamari were excellent. For the entree, we ordered from the regular menu and had lobster bisque, red fish etoufee and snapper. The bisque and etoufee were way too salty and fish was overcooked. There were hardly any lobsters in the bisque. However, my snapper and the green beans (that came with the meal) were done to perfection. Food came in generous portions even for the early bird special. I would add that both fish were very fresh.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experience!FoodSnobDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good and our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. Watching the fish in the aquarium was an added feature.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice aquariumRBCangemiVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were greeted and seated promptly. The huge aquarium is just beautiful. We had a nice table by the window. The noise level is very loud. The service was a bit slow. Our waitress did not get our order correct. My husbands grouper was dried out. My snapper was delicious. Will probably give this restaurant another try, but not too soon.Special Features:
- High prices but yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Went early for early bird special...Our reservation was for 5:45 but Early bird ends at 5:30 :o( Food was very good...waitstaff busy but attentive firecracker shrimp great way to start the meal...had the waitress pick my meal...scallops and risotto...yummy!!!Special Features:
- Food was great- Not a "fancy" placeKentuckyMommaDined on 7/29/2014The food tasted great. Go for the lobster bisque! The shrimp and scallops were over cooked, but the steak was perfect. We came really dressed up thinking it would be a high class place. However, there is NO dress code. People were in shorts and flip flops. One of the ladies with me said the atmosphere felt like just one step above an a you can eat buffet. Maybe the bar side is a little nicer, but we weren't over there. I will say the giant aquarium is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!LuvthebeachDined on 7/25/2014Love the ambience but the food was even better! Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome service!callyyx1Dined on 7/25/2014Mari was awesome. Food was amazing. Great atmosphere. Make reservations they r busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal on vacationkingfisheDined on 7/25/2014Food was excellent and so was the service. Very elegant atmosphere but to much for just casual tropical dress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy but excellentPlex2eatDined on 7/25/2014Kind of a fancy place compared to other PCB places. And kind of pricy too. But the food was excellent, and so was the service. I went with a large party, and there wasn't a single complaint. Steak was excellent, as was the fish. It is a very nice change from the usual down here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nashville Wishes We Had YousrgrocksDined on 7/24/2014Amazing food, service & atmosphere!! Warren was our server, & he kept us entertained with his quick witt & funny stories! We come to SWG every year - it's our favorite PCB dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my 3rd visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I originally took my family to Salt Water Grill a couple of years ago and we all loved it. Since that time, I've taken 2 groups of customers for special occasion dinners and they've also raved about the food and service. My very favorite restaurant in Panama City. Great food at a very affordable price.Special Features: