7494 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://saltscure.com/
- Phone: (323) 850-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday:
10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner:
Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Phelps and Zak Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Salt's Cure
Salt's Cure is a New American Restaurant. Every meal at Salt's Cure proudly sources ingredients grown & raised in California, all of which are carefully butchered & crafted in house. We offer a complete beer and wine list of all "natural" California craft beers and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Salt's Cure - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Salt's Cure reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (25)hot spot (15)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (10)romantic (7)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014FABULOUS! Zach behind the counter treated us to every epicurean delight. With a changing menu this could become a weekly habit. Very reasonably priced. Only disappointment was the wine selection which was weak otherwise I would have given it five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entrees were spot onlittlegVIPDined on 11/11/2014The fish and meat here were really high quality, cooked perfectly and delicious. We only had one appetizer, the cheese curd, and it was only ok. We didn't finish it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRexDined on 11/10/2014Seemed a little pricey for neighborhood spot, but the food was relish. Had the pork chop which was the best I've ever had. Also tried four desserts....three were yummy. Nice spot!Special Features:
- Sunday dinneroutandaboutDined on 11/9/2014you don't expect this quality from a restaurant that looks like this. Looks are deceiving here...not that it's bad, just surprising. The initial service was slow, but picked up nicely. All dishes were really quite luscious. $15 corkage is a fair number. The chicken, the Ojai salad, the plank salmon and the bread, oh the bread were all quite tasty. We had two desserts amongst the 4 of us both recommended by the server. They were terrific. If only they could tackle the noise component. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Delictable, Divine!adabarryDined on 11/3/2014This my first review ever on OpenTable, I never read any reviews on Salt's Cure but driven by it many times and have always seen the place busy. I kept making a mental note to my self that i had to try it some time... 6 months went by and all i have to say is that I'M SORRY i waited so long to eat there!!! The food was fantastic and the service was great:) I have to say that before making the reservation i researched the restaurant to make sure that their food philosophy was in accord with mine and was more than happily surprised! Will be eating there more often:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeccancDined on 10/30/2014Even better than last time. I love this place and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salts CureWolfgangDined on 10/28/2014This is a great restaurant if you like steak and simple menus. The service was excellent and the food was also great too. A little on the expensive side though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food -pricey, small portionssandyandjohnDined on 10/28/2014Salts Cure is unique and therefore an interesting dining experience. The food was excellent but $9 for a scant half bowl of soup and two small pieces of bread was not a real value. The other food items we tried were at least ample. Wine list great. but also pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeSweetloveVIPDined on 10/27/2014When Salt's Cure opened, I lived half a block away and we went there EVERY Sunday for their 2x2x2 brunch. It's always a favorite of mine. I had the crab hash for dinner, which was stupid good. Non-pretentious, always great food, one of my faves in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Pork ChoptheEaterDined on 10/11/2014I came in hungry and got the pork chop, I split ALL the sides with my dinner mate and it was outstanding. If you want fancy teeny portions then don't come here, this was a good chunk of food that tasted very, very good.Special Features:
- AwesomeccancDined on 10/6/2014The service was great and the food was even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pork ChopAwkwardVIPDined on 9/25/2014Small restaurant with ever changing menu written on a blackboard high above on the wall. Small menu, but excellent choices. For drinks, my husband had a glass of wine and I had a root beer. Knowing the size of the pork chop - have a sneak preview at the next table, we decided to skip appetizer. My husband ordered the 16 oz Berkshire Pork Chop, and I had the braised chill pork shoulder, which is a more appropriate portion for me since I don't eat as much. We also shared a side mashed potato, which is very smooth and creamy. I had a taste of the Pork Chop from my husband, and it is by far the best pork chop we both had. No dessert as we were both too full after this meal.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningholleygolitelyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a pretty good meal and our server was absolutely delightful. One comment is that the wine list was very pricy, the cheapest bottle was over $50, which caused it to be a very expensive meal.Special Features:
- very nice foodyumasatoDined on 9/10/2014All food I ate were very nice. Especially, black cods were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/5/2014The food was good, and definitely a go to place in that neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2014Best roast chicken I've ever had. Great beer selection as well. A gem.Special Features:
- My new favorite brunch placeChenVIPDined on 9/3/2014We went there before their lunch break. The waiter is very nice. Love the bacon burger. It is so so so juicy and tasty! The star is really the star. My friend like the pancake so much! The sausage is very good also. Will come back and take more friends there!Special Features:
- Salty and SweetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. The food is always cooked perfectly and the service was awesome. The Chefs are amazing at cooking their meats to absolute perfection. We topped the night off with one of each dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquetastemanDined on 8/25/2014Buy choice, the three of us sat at the counter to watch the chef at work at his command post . Two of us split the delicious 20 oz steak, other had the smothered pork. Two (not me) had several glasses of wine and raved about it (Should have because they cost about $15-$17 per glass). We had sides of mashed potatoes, terrine of leeks, cheese board & kale salad----all delicious!! Dessert we split house made choc ice cream and whipped date, caramel, whipped cream piece of heaven. What a great place! Sosa was our wait person and a knowledgeable charmer. Great time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for 2heidijanetDined on 8/16/2014Small fabulous little place with a great wine list, simple menu and wonderfully prepared food. Great ambiance with vinyl records piped through analog speakers and a wonderful no-frills vibe. Great place to catch up in the afternoon or catch an early dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice place!svillarrealVIPDined on 8/8/2014The staff is wonderful, and the food is indescribably good. I had the Duroc pork chop, it was maybe the best pork chop I've EVER had. Cooked perfectly, served with spiced applesauce. My husband had the steak, and his was just as good as my dinner. Paired with rainbow Chard and a really good wine. This place is worth the drive from wherever you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 160 reviews are from the Salt's Cure reviews archive.
- Great dining experienceBruceDined on 7/24/2014Salt's Cure has always been amazing. The menu is constantly changing. It is always unique and flavorful. I have never been disappointed. It is a place that is best to trust the chef and your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Ever. Most wonderfully curated, cooked, and presented food, and consistently so. The things SC does with pork is actual magic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was worth every pennySparksDined on 7/7/2014I didn't know exactly what I wanted when I went into salt's cure, but I knew I couldn't go wrong with this great little spot that's just outside my apartment building. After a great overview of the days availabilities, I chose what Ben (my server) recomended; the pork chop with a side of carrots. Mind blowing. Best pork I've ever had, hands down. The carrots where on point, the tea (a very light, unsweetened fruit tea) was refreshing and the service was perfect. I went back the same week for brunch. I anticipate a food addiction to this place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spotOutstandingVIPDined on 7/1/2014Organic local sourced cooked to perfection. The service was wonderful. We enjoyed everyone except the loud music.
- Reminds me of the original AmmoprosAndconsDined on 6/30/2014Small, urbane spot with a focus on seasonal fare. Feels modern, stripped down to the essentials yet down-to-earth and chic. Staff comes across as friends brought together by their shared love of food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Went here with two friends before a concert at the Troubadour. Atmosphere is great. Open kitchen with bar seating and tables along wall. Smaller but perfect.... More casual, which I like and the fact that they were spinning vinyl (and playing both sides of the album) was the best! Appetizer of shush into peppers with house made chorizo was fantastic. I had their signature pork chop which was eaten down to the bone! Sides were fine for sharing. Chocolate pudding dessert was nice! Definitely will go back. Simple, straightforward, great food.Special Features:
- enjoyed ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014party of 2 arrived for 8pm reservation. seated immediately. terrific service due to our waiter, Ayol. made great recommendations which we followed. got a bottle of red car syrah. the stone fruit salad was a refreshing surprise and totally enjoyable. kale salad had a wonderful vinaigrette but could have used more stemming. duck leg and pancake:duck leg was fabulous, pancakes were burnt. roasted carrots were perfect. duroc pork chop and house applesauce was also great, and with such a large chop it's hard to get it cooked perfectly but they did it. also had the chicken liver pudding which in my book was the best dish of the savories. ended with date pudding with sticky toffee which i just wanted to pour on someone so i could lick it off.Special Features:
- local food done well!GingerHDined on 6/21/2014If you love local food done with finesse, then you will love Salt's Cure. While the menu is not large, it still offers something for everyone -- from meat to chicken to fish. The pork chop is the signature dish, and as usual, mine was cooked to perfection. Their small plates such as their PorK Butter and Crackers certainly make for a light and satisfying meal. Make reservations, the seating is limited!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the pork chopDudeEatsVIPDined on 6/18/2014Salts Cure is the jam. They also make jam. And pretzels. Check them out on Facebook to see the menu for the day. Everything is great but I would highly recommend what ever pork chop they are doing. After that hit that burger. Don't sleep on the sides either. The mash potatoes are on like kong. Salts Cure always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodJackOClubsVIPDined on 6/15/2014When we walked in i thought maybe I had made a big mistake. Very small dining room and a limited menu....but....the food was absolutely outstanding. Because of the close quarters the noise level can get a bit energetic especially if you have the "loud laugher" or the "screecher" at a table right next to you, but the food is totally worth it. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- Best meal of the year so far.palookaDined on 6/15/2014The menu changes every day as their produce is sourced locally. My only complaint is that I hadn't eaten here before. Started with a grapefruit salad and crab claws that were both very good. The star of the night was the pork chop, which was the best I've ever had. Perfect char, fat content and cook. I saved a nice fatty bite for last and it still melted in my mouth 30 minutes after I started eating. The sides were mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, which were worth the visit by themselves. I have never had carrots in a restaurant that were this good, only home cooked carrots have been better. These were nice and black and not under cooked as many restaurants prepare them. Washed it all down with a lovely sticky toffee pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone to Pig HeavenunhappyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Best pork chop I have ever had. Chicken was great, too. Love this restaurant!!!!!Special Features:
- Wine list needs helpbonneideeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Too many mediocre overpriced wines on the list. Great food will keep me coming back but I'll bring my own wine from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh cuisineGourmand2Dined on 5/21/2014This restaurant served fresh, locally sourced and imaginatively cooked food. The service was also friendly and efficient. There was a nice buzz in the atmosphere with a good crowd on Wednesday evening. I would definitely recommend this place for dinner. Make a reservation ahead of time.Special Features:
- What a Gem!!!Miami10000VIPDined on 5/17/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant. The menu changes regularly and you will never be disappointed. Reservations a must-- and the waiter is very cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prok chopRkrkDined on 5/9/2014Great service and great food. Packed like sardines so make a reservation and be prepared to wait for your table an extra 20-30 minutes. Will definitely go back ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in all of LASuzyivxxDined on 5/7/2014I just love this intimate little gem. I eat at this quaint neighborhood restaurant all the time and I'm always amazed to find myself with a new favorite each time. The food is fresh and made with high quality ingredients that will make your mouth water. My favorite to date was a dinner special, black cod and crispy rice. It was life changing, but in a close second are the all star breakfast and pork chop. You really can't go wrong at the salt's cure. I can't say enough good things about this place and I always recommend salts cure to all my friends. Definitely deserving of 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouch!CrabbyVIPDined on 5/6/2014Interesting food, great service, but there was a 3 piece live band in the the room which quickly made everyone at my table want to leave. It's a small space with all hard surfaces. The music would be fine for late night, but not good for dinner conversation. Headache! Sore throat!Special Features:
- Always IncredibleFoodFoodFoodDined on 5/3/2014My second time dining here was even better than the first. Service was super knowledgable and attentive, food was insanely good and everyone had a great experience. You can never go wrong with the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.