7494 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://saltscure.com/
- Phone: 3238507258
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday:
10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner:
Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chris Phelps and Zak Walters
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Salt's Cure
Salt's Cure is a New American Restaurant. Every meal at Salt's Cure proudly sources ingredients grown & raised in California, all of which are carefully butchered & crafted in house. We offer a complete beer and wine list of all "natural" California craft beers and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Salt's Cure - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Salt's Cure reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (39)great for brunch (22)hot spot (16)special occasion (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)notable wine list (9)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Salty and SweetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Everything we ordered was amazing. The food is always cooked perfectly and the service was awesome. The Chefs are amazing at cooking their meats to absolute perfection. We topped the night off with one of each dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniquetastemanDined on 8/25/2014Buy choice, the three of us sat at the counter to watch the chef at work at his command post . Two of us split the delicious 20 oz steak, other had the smothered pork. Two (not me) had several glasses of wine and raved about it (Should have because they cost about $15-$17 per glass). We had sides of mashed potatoes, terrine of leeks, cheese board & kale salad----all delicious!! Dessert we split house made choc ice cream and whipped date, caramel, whipped cream piece of heaven. What a great place! Sosa was our wait person and a knowledgeable charmer. Great time had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for 2heidijanetDined on 8/16/2014Small fabulous little place with a great wine list, simple menu and wonderfully prepared food. Great ambiance with vinyl records piped through analog speakers and a wonderful no-frills vibe. Great place to catch up in the afternoon or catch an early dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice place!svillarrealVIPDined on 8/8/2014The staff is wonderful, and the food is indescribably good. I had the Duroc pork chop, it was maybe the best pork chop I've EVER had. Cooked perfectly, served with spiced applesauce. My husband had the steak, and his was just as good as my dinner. Paired with rainbow Chard and a really good wine. This place is worth the drive from wherever you are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBruceDined on 7/24/2014Salt's Cure has always been amazing. The menu is constantly changing. It is always unique and flavorful. I have never been disappointed. It is a place that is best to trust the chef and your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad meal...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Ever. Most wonderfully curated, cooked, and presented food, and consistently so. The things SC does with pork is actual magic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was worth every pennySparksDined on 7/7/2014I didn't know exactly what I wanted when I went into salt's cure, but I knew I couldn't go wrong with this great little spot that's just outside my apartment building. After a great overview of the days availabilities, I chose what Ben (my server) recomended; the pork chop with a side of carrots. Mind blowing. Best pork I've ever had, hands down. The carrots where on point, the tea (a very light, unsweetened fruit tea) was refreshing and the service was perfect. I went back the same week for brunch. I anticipate a food addiction to this place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spotOutstandingVIPDined on 7/1/2014Organic local sourced cooked to perfection. The service was wonderful. We enjoyed everyone except the loud music.
- Reminds me of the original AmmoprosAndconsDined on 6/30/2014Small, urbane spot with a focus on seasonal fare. Feels modern, stripped down to the essentials yet down-to-earth and chic. Staff comes across as friends brought together by their shared love of food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Went here with two friends before a concert at the Troubadour. Atmosphere is great. Open kitchen with bar seating and tables along wall. Smaller but perfect.... More casual, which I like and the fact that they were spinning vinyl (and playing both sides of the album) was the best! Appetizer of shush into peppers with house made chorizo was fantastic. I had their signature pork chop which was eaten down to the bone! Sides were fine for sharing. Chocolate pudding dessert was nice! Definitely will go back. Simple, straightforward, great food.Special Features:
- enjoyed ourselvesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/27/2014party of 2 arrived for 8pm reservation. seated immediately. terrific service due to our waiter, Ayol. made great recommendations which we followed. got a bottle of red car syrah. the stone fruit salad was a refreshing surprise and totally enjoyable. kale salad had a wonderful vinaigrette but could have used more stemming. duck leg and pancake:duck leg was fabulous, pancakes were burnt. roasted carrots were perfect. duroc pork chop and house applesauce was also great, and with such a large chop it's hard to get it cooked perfectly but they did it. also had the chicken liver pudding which in my book was the best dish of the savories. ended with date pudding with sticky toffee which i just wanted to pour on someone so i could lick it off.Special Features:
- local food done well!GingerHDined on 6/21/2014If you love local food done with finesse, then you will love Salt's Cure. While the menu is not large, it still offers something for everyone -- from meat to chicken to fish. The pork chop is the signature dish, and as usual, mine was cooked to perfection. Their small plates such as their PorK Butter and Crackers certainly make for a light and satisfying meal. Make reservations, the seating is limited!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the pork chopDudeEatsVIPDined on 6/18/2014Salts Cure is the jam. They also make jam. And pretzels. Check them out on Facebook to see the menu for the day. Everything is great but I would highly recommend what ever pork chop they are doing. After that hit that burger. Don't sleep on the sides either. The mash potatoes are on like kong. Salts Cure always delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodJackOClubsVIPDined on 6/15/2014When we walked in i thought maybe I had made a big mistake. Very small dining room and a limited menu....but....the food was absolutely outstanding. Because of the close quarters the noise level can get a bit energetic especially if you have the "loud laugher" or the "screecher" at a table right next to you, but the food is totally worth it. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- Best meal of the year so far.palookaDined on 6/15/2014The menu changes every day as their produce is sourced locally. My only complaint is that I hadn't eaten here before. Started with a grapefruit salad and crab claws that were both very good. The star of the night was the pork chop, which was the best I've ever had. Perfect char, fat content and cook. I saved a nice fatty bite for last and it still melted in my mouth 30 minutes after I started eating. The sides were mashed potatoes and roasted carrots, which were worth the visit by themselves. I have never had carrots in a restaurant that were this good, only home cooked carrots have been better. These were nice and black and not under cooked as many restaurants prepare them. Washed it all down with a lovely sticky toffee pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone to Pig HeavenunhappyVIPDined on 6/7/2014Best pork chop I have ever had. Chicken was great, too. Love this restaurant!!!!!Special Features:
- Wine list needs helpbonneideeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Too many mediocre overpriced wines on the list. Great food will keep me coming back but I'll bring my own wine from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh cuisineGourmand2Dined on 5/21/2014This restaurant served fresh, locally sourced and imaginatively cooked food. The service was also friendly and efficient. There was a nice buzz in the atmosphere with a good crowd on Wednesday evening. I would definitely recommend this place for dinner. Make a reservation ahead of time.Special Features:
- What a Gem!!!Miami10000Dined on 5/17/2014This is a little gem of a restaurant. The menu changes regularly and you will never be disappointed. Reservations a must-- and the waiter is very cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prok chopRkrkDined on 5/9/2014Great service and great food. Packed like sardines so make a reservation and be prepared to wait for your table an extra 20-30 minutes. Will definitely go back ASAPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in all of LASuzyivxxDined on 5/7/2014I just love this intimate little gem. I eat at this quaint neighborhood restaurant all the time and I'm always amazed to find myself with a new favorite each time. The food is fresh and made with high quality ingredients that will make your mouth water. My favorite to date was a dinner special, black cod and crispy rice. It was life changing, but in a close second are the all star breakfast and pork chop. You really can't go wrong at the salt's cure. I can't say enough good things about this place and I always recommend salts cure to all my friends. Definitely deserving of 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ouch!CrabbyDined on 5/6/2014Interesting food, great service, but there was a 3 piece live band in the the room which quickly made everyone at my table want to leave. It's a small space with all hard surfaces. The music would be fine for late night, but not good for dinner conversation. Headache! Sore throat!Special Features:
- The following 142 reviews are from the Salt's Cure reviews archive.
- Always IncredibleFoodFoodFoodDined on 5/3/2014My second time dining here was even better than the first. Service was super knowledgable and attentive, food was insanely good and everyone had a great experience. You can never go wrong with the pork chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, way too noisyluv2eatandtalkDined on 5/2/2014A foodie friend recommended Salt's Cure as one of the few QUIET restaurants around with great food. Wrong about quiet (or "energetic," the popular euphemism for "can't hold a conversation with the person across the table"). I'll keep searching.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong!kesseldawgVIPDined on 4/24/2014No matter what you order for dinner at Salt's Cure, it's going to be great! Their burger (topped with one generous strip of bacon) sets the standard for burgers, as they cure their own meats (and grind their own grits) and it is cooked to perfection. I have also tried the marlin, pork belly on grits, citrus salad, and pork chop, which was stupid good, over 2 inches thick and again, cooked to perfection. I like to sit at the bar and watch the owner/chef cooking. I will say that I once overheard him lamenting that he couldn't make the kinds of dishes he would really like to make there, which only made me wonder what other amazing things he cooks! I have heard that their Sunday brunch is a "must do" and it is on my list!Special Features:
- 4 unimpressed foodiesHelpthoseinneedVIPDined on 4/18/2014Two of us are SF foodies and bloggers. The other two are locals and eat everywhere/anywhere. Two of us had hamburger...nothing on the menu motivated them! The roast pork (or whatever the main pork was) was VERY good. There was no discussion among us during the meal of "oooooh...this is amazing." The rare and medium hamburgers arrived--both were the same (eh, close enough) that both people declared them medium--so one order was sent back...
- Lunchtime Meal Reviewlamichael64Dined on 4/18/2014I finally made my way to Salt's Cure after what must be it's 5th year in business. I had always wanted to go, especially after seeing lines outside on Sundays. The service was very quick and very friendly, but I was underwhelmed by the food. The biscuits were just OK, not flakey but tasty, and the fries with my burger were not hot or special enough for this carb loving guy to gobble up. The burger was of high quality and overall very good but not as flavorful as I'd hoped. All in all I'm willing to give it another try -but not in a rush to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal. Very good service.nonameVIPDined on 4/12/2014A great meal. Very good service. Simple, not fussy, delicious and relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait with reservationIluvfoodDined on 4/4/2014Made reservations at 8:30, but didn't get sat until 9:45. Ordered a $7 appetizer....it was literally only 2 pieces of toast..... Dinner came at 10:30, mashed potatoes were made from powder, and super watery. Overall, not worth the $115!! Would never recommend this place.Special Features:
- Both my friend and I had theMaryPatVIPDined on 4/4/2014Both my friend and I had the Bookworm sandwich. In reality, it was a ham and cheese sandwich, but was it GOOD!! Add a little hot sauce and it was a great meal - not super filling, but still, really a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highest Quality GemAnneVIPDined on 4/3/2014Salt's Cure is wonderful-not only superb food, but the wait staff is knowledge and attentive. I would recommend this for brunch and lunch anytime.Special Features:
- Great local findRLARVIPDined on 3/28/2014Live down the street. Always walk by with my pup and see a line. Finally went in with an out-of-state guest. Loved it. Had the chicken liver to start. I highly recommend that. Followed it with the NY strip. Divine. Melted in my mouth. Perfect cut, perfectly cooked. Finished the meal with stickey toffee (or date) pudding. It was incredible. I can't decide what I liked most. It's an adorable find. I've tried their dinner and must return for some brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat for HipstersMrZeeDined on 3/26/2014Salt's Cure is a peak into the future. The food is well prepared and very tasty. What you get is meat from organically grazed animals. There is an attempt to follow the philosophy of using the entire animal, from tail to snout so there is less waste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Foodie GemMongooseCaptainDined on 3/24/2014Sizeable portions of bespoke deliciousness served with haste and grace without any sense of pretense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good with exceptionsReviewnistaDined on 3/22/2014The food, in general, was good. They were creative in their combinations and some flavors, the pea pure', was excellent as were the pretzel role and baby broccoli. It, however, fell short on the pork chop. I was told it was the house specialty. I found it fatty and lacking in flavor. It looked great but turned out to be boring. Our waiter was very good, friendly, energetic and helpful with suggestions. We found the rest of the staff friendly also. The venue was warm and maybe a bit loud. I recommend the place but steer clear of the pork chop!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Committed to the Essence of Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Homemade ketchup, homemade strawberry jam, meat so honest it's butchered in the back. There is a real commitment here to honest food. Food that comes to the plate straight as possible from a natural farmer. It's like being in a farmers kitchen. Hearty and simple this place offers food to fuel and ground you. The complexity of flavour is designed for you to find it in the authentic taste of the beef or pork or oats. There is no foam or crazy combinations of multiple ingredients but there is an offer of going deeper into the complexity of basic food. Bravo for your bare food as it is enough in itself. Loved it. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- I enjoyed Salt's Cure andbsinbootsDined on 3/12/2014I enjoyed Salt's Cure and would go back, although I don't know that it quite lives up to the hype. I had the famous pork chop, which was flavorful but a tad dry. Waldorf salad was hard to eat and too fancy for it's own good. The appetizers are the best part...stick to cured meat and you won't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place. I've beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014I love this place. I've been here 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it every time. Food is delicious, especially the house-made sausage. We all had breakfast but also split a baby kale salad (because it's healthy to have bacon if you balance it with kale). I love their salads here because they have a light touch with the dressing without losing out of flavor. Service here is always very friendly. And I love that they play music off an actual turn-table - the music here is analog, just like the food. Love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lucky for us!delishDined on 3/9/2014great last minute happenstance find! awesome food, delicious wine, friendly and attentive service. and we loved the sunday night wu-tang and record collection :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2014The chef knows his food. I love this place. If you haven't tried it, go once and you'll be in for a great time.I would recommend this to a friend.