Saltrock Southwest Kitchen
100 Amara Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Saltrock Southwest Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltrockkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9283408803x
- Hours of Operation:
7:00am – 11:00am - 7 days/ week
Lunch/ Pool Menu –
11:30am – 6:00pm - 7 days/ week
5:30pm – 9:00pm – 7 days/ week
Bar Hours -
11:30am – 10:00pm – 7 days/ week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Massimo De Francesca
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: SaltRock Southwest Kitchen at Amara Resort and Spa has over 5,000 square feet indoor/outdoor meeting and event space.Weddings, corporate retreats or intimate gatherings, let SaltRock Southwest Kitchen be your venue.
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Thursday - Saturday
- Special Events: Stay Tuned More to come when unveil the new SaltRock Southwest Kitchen and Craft Margaritas
A word from Saltrock Southwest Kitchen
Enjoy spectacular Red Rock views with indoor/outdoor seating year round. Saltrock Southwest Kitchen & Craft Margaritas is a Southwest American Restaurant that blends Southwest culinary traditions with the fresh and seasonal approach of California cuisine in a casual fun atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Saltrock Southwest Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
Saltrock Southwest Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (19)romantic (16)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (13)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good, the outdoor dinning was great I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleVIPDined on 10/17/2014we were vacationing in Sedona and wanted to try Saltrock - setting is magnificent but all else mediocre. There was only one other table occupied for lunch so hard to judge the overall service - out waitress efficient and very talkative since she had nothing else to do. Food was just ok for such an expensive hotel.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant View in SedonaLynneZenDined on 10/13/2014Saltrock's outdoor patio has a fire pit for ambiance and tower heaters for warmth on cool evenings. All tables have unobstructed views out over the lawn and pool toward the famous Snoopy and Camel Rock formations. The setting is casual but classy. The staff was friendly and professional, with our server suggesting a nice mid-priced wine and guiding us to the best entrées on the small, but creative, menu. Dainty servings come on small plates, so diners with large appetites will want to order an appetizer (make-your-own guacamole is amazing) and dessert (chili chocolate torte is a winner). Delicious sauces and baby-veggie sides made our fish and chicken meals exceptional. Everything that came out of the kitchen was beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying a little too hard but goodvhinpghVIPDined on 10/12/2014We really like different foods, so we did like this restaurant but a few items just didn't really work as well as they might have. For example, the ceviche was good but the popcorn in it actually seemed silly, not foodie. The king oyster mushroom appetizer was good but a little too sweet. The shrimp and grits appetizer was good but there was an overwhelming smoky flavor to it (from the chipotle?). The best thing was the flourless chocolate cake with a chili kick with an amazing peanut butter sauce with peanuts on it served on the side -- this alone was worth a star. So, we did enjoy the restaurant and would recommend it, but in our opinion, it wasn't the best of its type.Special Features:
- Beautiful place and wonderful food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014What a gem, this restaurant is off the main, noisy strip on a quiet side street, wonderful food and ambiance. We will return!Special Features:
- Great outdoor patiocmb1229VIPDined on 10/3/2014We loved the outdoor patio - even at night, it's beautifully lit and they had a musician playing the guitar in the background. We shared the Mexican corn which was delicious. I had the lamb which was good, but a little too rich to be able to eat the whole thing. Cocktails were delicious as well. What prevented this from being a 5-star experience was the service. We had to wait over 20 minutes to get the bill at the end of our meal and when our waiter never came by the table to check on us, had to flag down another server to get the check for us. Coming from someone who's been a server, bad service at the end of the meal is probably not the best way to leave a good impression.Special Features:
- Sedona GemTravelAddictDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful restaurant tucked into the Amara Resort. Fabulous Margaritas, excellent food, service, and one-of-a-kind view from indoor/outdoor area of the restaurant. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and look forward to our next visit. If you're a Foodie, you will not be disappointed. Secure an outside table and enjoy a drink while the sun sets. It's a magical place.Special Features:
- saltrock kitchenMGPHAASVIPDined on 9/12/2014Well the menu on open table sounded good but when seated the menu was completely different, we decided to stay and sat inside where we were the ONLY people in the restuarant, outside had some more tables filled up, i ordered the pork belly chilaquiles and they were suppose to have pork belly but what i tasted was pork meat , which was extremely dry and tough to chew, i did like the sauce that came on the chips but otherwise i would never order that again, however the skirt style steak my husband got was very tender and tasty, i didnt complain about the food because we did end up eating all the chips in the chilaquiles, i however wouldnt return unless i stayed at the hotel itself, which did seem like a nice hotel..Special Features:
- confused?kmumfordnyDined on 9/5/2014Counldn't figure out if they wanted to be southwest or mediterranean or a combo of the two. Great margarita, friendly service, but some wierd flavor combinations on the plate.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Had lunch on the patio looking out the resort's infinity pool and courtyard with red rocks as a backdrop...just beautiful! Great service. Loved the arugula salad, the heirloom tomato/mozzarella appetizer. Amara dip sandwich was good, came with yummy fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingprainoDined on 8/13/2014Restaurant delivered a very special dining experience...management met my request for a special birthday desert way beyond my espectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulLisaDined on 8/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner and a magnificent view. We chose this location to watch the sunset. Although you can't literally see the sunset, you can still get a perspective on the experience. I highly recommend this resturant. It's tucked away in what feels like a valley among the mountains of beauty!!Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014could not have been better!!! all of the dishes were fantastic (breakfast and dinner). servers were friendly and helpful!!!! thank you for the fantastic place to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better then our first visitPc4369Dined on 7/21/2014Our waitress knew her job perfectly and made our dinner a great experience. Hold on to her!Special Features:
- Loved the food and ambiencePc4369Dined on 7/20/2014Our first night at the Amara Resort we dined at Hundrec Rox and were nicely surprised. Good price/quality. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food's great, but ambience lackingdvgovteacherDined on 7/18/2014Went here for my birthday dinner. Looked at the menu online - looked great. The place markets itself as fine dining in a casual atmosphere. Let's just say it's a little less than casual. The restaurant is in a hotel, and there's no truly dedicated space for the restaurant itself. There's indoor seating that's really part of the lobby, and them there's the patio. View was great, food really good - but you also had hotel patrons cruising through the dining area in swimsuits, loud kids with their parents, and dogs. Kimpton is a pet-friendly hotel chain, and the family right next to us brought their dog to dinner. Happy, slobbery, loud dog. There was also a singer with a keyboard who was not that great and way too loud. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem in a town of optionsFoodie79Dined on 7/9/2014Hundred Rox was an outstanding find! Sedona offers a multitude of dining options, and Hundred Rox was easily the best meal we had during our stay. The Shrimp Wellington appetizer and sea bass were outstanding. For dessert we elected to try the chef's daily cheesecake; a lovely mango treat which was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Saltrock Southwest Kitchen reviews archive.
- A beautiful experience!AjanamarahDined on 6/29/2014We went here on a Sunday night after my wedding for a toast and dinner. We got a reservation for 845 for the 6 of us. They gave us a complimentary glass of champagne to toast our wedding and dessert too! The chef made me a special vegan entree that was delicious ! My mom had the trout and she savored every bite with unmasked abandon. And my daughters name is Amarah so getting a last minute reservation at the Amara spa was perfection! 😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!CharlieDined on 6/28/2014The setting is quite nice with view of the mountains but you can see that in many place in Sedona. It was a disaster from A-Z. The waitress was unprofessional and reminded me of a kindergarten teacher. This is a chic and expensive (hotel/)restaurant and one would expect trained wait staff. The bus boy stood 3 feet behind our table almost the entire time. The portions are minuscule and totally overpriced. The appetizer was fine but the main courses were very bland, incredibly small (to clarify: we are not burger and fries people) and boring. As they say on Master Chef: this is not restaurant quality! Avoid the center of Sedona as most places are a rip-off.Special Features:
- Dinner with a viewKelleDined on 6/22/2014While the food at Hundred Rox is outstanding, it is the patio and the views that make this a very special place. We had an amazing view of the mountain and saw the stars start twinkling as the sun went down. It was such a delight. They also had a female guitarist playing which enhanced the dining experience. We had great service that never felt rushed but was always prompt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewsssc116Dined on 6/21/2014The seating outside had some great views for the red rocks! The service was great and the food was delicious. I dined there because it was in the hotel, but I know next time I'm in Sedona, that I don't need to stay there to get eat there and get some delicious food with amazing views.Special Features:
- Wonderful SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014It's a comfortable, relaxed environment with a fabulous view of the "Sleeping Giant" and "Snoopy". The staff were very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We had such a great meal and beautiful view... not to mention the excellent service from our waiter Mike! Made our birthday and fathers' day celebration one to remember. The sea bass and stuffed trout was well prepared and a delicious follow up to the appetizer of goat cheese and brie. The music was relaxing and entertaining and we had a wonderful time .. we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good food, great ambiance.PrettygoodmostlyDined on 6/9/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our 35th anniversary. THe restaurant has outdoor seating with a great view. The live saxophone music was romantic. We were greeted with complimentary champagne. The food was tastefully prepared and beautifully presented. We started with a selection of cheeses which included brie, Boursin, and an herbed goat cheese with crostini. We were not very hungary so we shared a salad, entree and dessert. The salad was heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella cheese with a balsamic vinaigrette. We had lamb chops for our entree. They are seasoned perfectly but could have been a touch warmer for my preference. Our dessert was a wonderful warm chocolate cake. 1 disappointment: I would have liked to see tablecloths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impeccable service. divine food.kloveDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated our three year anniversary at this restaurant. The hostess, Janeth could not have been any sweeter or accommodating. She brought us several candles to make the shape of a heart for our table! The waiter was great. In fact the entire staff went above and beyond. The food was excellent especially the calamari. Because it was our anniversary we received a free desert. Delicious! The best part though was receiving a signed card from everyone wishing us well in the future! Who does that? Truly a lovely unexpected gift that put the cherry on top of a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in SedonaMarebear439VIPDined on 5/24/2014We have visited Sedona many times and have several favorite restaurants. On this visit we wanted to try some new places and chose Hundred Rox for our first evening in town. We were very impressed from the moment we walked in and were seated. The menu has many interesting choices. We chose corn chowder to start, which was the soup special for the evening. It was excellent! Both my husband and I had the short rib dinner. It was served with polenta, green beans, a horseradish cream sauce, and some pickled red onions on top. Everything was marvelous!! Our server, Mary, was very friendly and helpful. I really liked the fact that every time she walked through the dining room she had a smile on her face. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillsReviewsVIPDined on 5/18/2014Stuffed trout and salmon entrees were excellent. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Anniversary2ChandlerTravelersDined on 5/14/2014My husband and I recently celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary in Sedona. Even though I'm not familiar with the Sedona restaurants, I selected Hundred Rox based on its menu. My husband selected the pork chop and I the salmon. Things would have been perfect had the chef taken the time to remove the fishy, grey bottom section from the salmon. Gerard, our server, was very attentive as well as friendly. He and other staff members helped make this event memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchGaryWDined on 5/11/2014Great scenery , great atmosphere, great service. Bread of any kind was absent from the Buffett. Crab legs were overcooked. The rest of the Buffett was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VIPDinerVIPDined on 4/26/2014Fabulous view of the Red Rocks, superb food and 1st class service. Highly recommend this Kimpton gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerLovelydinnefVIPDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had dinner at Hundred Rox on Saturday. We had a great experience. The food was very good (so was the locally brewed beer) and the service was very attentive and friendly. Unfortunately it was a cold and rainy day in Sedona. Therefore we could not enjoy the patio. However we had a table close to the glass doors leading to the patio and we had a great view of the mountains from there. There was live music and it was not too loud so that you could have a conversation. Finding this restaurant is a little bit of a challenge. There is no sign on 89A. I was told that they are working on it. When we asked in a store about the location only one of three sales people knew about it. We loved the place. Everybody was very friendly.Special Features:
- A totally average experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Service was slow in a restaurant that was not very busy. Drink order slow to come and minute when it did come. They were out of two items on the non fish side of the menu. We had wedge salad which came with almost no dressing--they brought more. Had shrimp scampi which was average at best. Altogether a forgettable experience
- Easter Brunch1timeinAZDined on 4/20/2014My family of 4 have never been to Arizona and wanted a place for brunch for Easter. Although it was fairly expensive at 59.00 pp and 25.00 for kids under 12, the food and view was great. There were many varieties to choose from - roast beef salmon salads quiches veggies and dessert. I would recommend this place for Easter Sunday. The outdoor patio could spread out a little more for brunches to allow for more guests to sit out there and more umbrellas for shade. The only thing is that they didnt have a lot of breakfast items like french toast or waffles. also a chocolate fountain and fruits would be nice. There could be more choices Overall it is a nice place for adults and older children (over 8 or so)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunch disappointingYayaVIPDined on 4/20/2014The setting was beautiful, we sat outside with a view of Sedona's red rocks. Only wish the food was a good as the location. They were still setting out the brunch at 11:30 which was what time it was to begin. The carving station didn't have the meat until 20 min later and the au jus for the prime rib never appeared while we were there. The girl who was carving didn't seem to know what she was doing and the slices were way too thick. Although mentioned on the menu there was never any sign of breakfast pastries. The overall feeling was that they had no idea how to do a brunch buffet. The heat on the chaffing dishes was too high and the meats were drying out and overcooked. The offerings for breakfast foods were slim. Disappointing.Special Features:
- great foodjoniblakeDined on 4/17/2014enjoyed the meal & view.... although you were next to the pool & nestled under hotel rooms, so there was a lot of unnecessary traffic going by.Special Features:
- pretty viewssuecVIPDined on 4/14/2014food was ok. my husband's stuffed trout was very good. my shrimp was good but the gnocchi that came with it was pretty bad. tiramisu was very good. thought the prices were high for the quality of the food. pretty restaurant and great view. was very chilly outside though, even with being next to a heat lamp - wear warm clothes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, live musiczformationDined on 4/11/2014Food was great. View is terrific. Enjoyed live music on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Atmosphere not soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Since the last time I ate at Hundred Rox, they have remodeled the lobby and dining area. And I must say it is not an improvement. The once cozy dining room is now open to the lobby and feels very cold. The romance is gone. The food and service are excellent, as before, but I have to give it a downgrade due to the ambiance, or lack of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place with good serviceGoldbugDined on 4/1/2014Very nice place to eat. Menu has a nice variety with reasonable price. Portions are generous. Waitstaff very accommodating. We ate there at night so couldn't see the view but it is probably a very view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this time. Try again.RoPoVIPDined on 3/29/2014We had visited Hundred Rox a year ago on a previous visit to Sedona and loved it. This time was very different. Wait staff were very slow, the music too loud, the food bland. Two of our party had the chef's salmon special of the day and reported that it was both small and tasteless. Perhaps it was an off day, or else they have changed chef since last year, but this was a disappointing evening. It may be worth another visit to make sure, but expectations are low.