300 Maalaea Rd.
Wailuku, HI 96793Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltimboccamaui.com/
- Phone: (808) 243-3463
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Vegan
- Executive Chef: Mirko Inglese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jim Bateman 8082146331x
A word from Saltimbocca
Welcome to Saltimbocca, Maui's "Modern Italian Cucina". We are located in the shops at Ma'alaea Harbour where you will find the most magnificent views of the South Maui shoreline all the way to the peak of Mount Haleakala on a clear day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Saltimbocca - Best Restaurants in Maalaea ›
Saltimbocca reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nice 14th wedding anniversary eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014First time to the restaurant and it didn't disappoint. Rob from Dallas was our waiter and he was great....super friendly and outgoing. We sat outside and had great view of the harbor and upcountry. The beet salad was fantastic and more than enough to share. I had Masha's pasta and you wouldn't know it was a truffle cream sauce as it was so light and not heavy like most cream sauces.......my husband's meatballs and spaghetti was fantastic as well and we left with take home boxes. You have to end your meal with their gelato....it was in an amazing cookie crust.....nice to have such a nice restaurant near our home in Maalaea......I understand their pupus are to die for as well though we did'nt try them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMiniLDined on 11/13/2014This slice of Italy is a hidden gem. The food was amazing. It started with the fresh bread and oil which was great. The service was great as well. Rob was very informative about the menu and offered his suggestions. There were not a lot of people in the restaurant which I don't understand as the food was absolutely delicious. My husband and I tried the pasta platter which consisted of gnocchi, carbonara, and four cheese penne. They were all amazing but my favorite was the carbonara. There is great outside dinning area overlooking the ocean I bet thus would be a great spot to watch the sunset. I loved the food here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb birthday dinnerVealPiccataDined on 11/2/2014We have dined here before and loved it from the beginning. We are quite knowledgeable about Italian cuisine and since our previously favorite Italian restaurant closed last year we have found that Saltimbocca is now the very best in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The wait staff was excellent great recommendations overall great experienceSpecial Features:
- Best Italian on MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014THis is by far and away the best Italian restaurant on Maui. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Great experience!c5mauiDined on 10/26/2014Was the first time we dined at Saltimboca and will definitely do it again! Loved the atmosphere, ocean breeze and great food.Special Features:
- Great food.JD9131Dined on 10/23/2014Friendly and efficient staff. Food was presented beautifully and tasted wonderful.Special Features:
- Beautiful views, excellent foodMakawaomaidDined on 10/18/2014We were very impressed with this restaurant. Nice, warm ambiance, amazing views of Maalaea Harbor and sunset from the patio seating or also from inside. Great prompt service, friendly staff, and they have gluten-free AND vegan menus! The food was plentiful and very tasty. Highly recommend this Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Exceptional Maui @ Ma'alea WharfDiningDancerDined on 10/15/2014My Maui friends asked me to suggest a nice restaurant in which to celebrate my birthday. Though I have many favorites on Maui, I suggested we try a new venue. Saltimbocca was outstanding!!. Our waiter Rob was the best...so gracious and attentive! The food was superb...huge portions and cooked to order... the manager was gracious enough to provide fresh whipped cream for the Tiramisu which was delectable. Some items we tried (and loved!) were Caesar Salad, Cannelini Soup (perfect!), seafood pasta (excellent) and pasta Bolonase. Spaghetti and meatballs were a disappointment to one (too much cheese was her complaint..she does not eat cheese!) Remember to spray with OFF or take B6 or Skin So Soft if sitting on the wonderful patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!BwoodguyDined on 10/5/2014Our waiter was the best! His knowledge of the menu and origins of the fish was very helpful. We tried things that we had not had before. Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!BonbonDined on 9/4/2014The food was good. The service was excellent. The ocean view amazing. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Gretcha1VIPDined on 9/3/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Guisippe/Joe our waiter was really great and made our dining experience exceptional. Our meal was so delicious and everything was perfect. Next time in Maui, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, uneven foodParttimelocalDined on 8/30/2014The location overlooks Ma'alaea harbor and the restaurant is designed to take advantage of the view, with openable floor to ceiling doors and outside seating. It was pretty buggy when we went at sunset so we switched to a table indoors. The beet salad lacked sharpness to offset the sweetness of the beets, candied nuts, and the dressing. The cheese was too bland to do it. The lamb osso bucco was very tasty and the accompanying risotto was done perfectly. But I found the signature saltimbocca not good. Adding a layer of eggplant is an interesting idea but I didn't care for the texture. This is a beautiful restaurant with good service. It's prices are high. If the food gets better it can be a successful " destination" restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I really loved the food at Satimboca. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. The views are so beautiful and I love the layout of the restaurant. I really enjoyed the arugula salad, and the turkey and pork ragout. The house made pasta was toothsome and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal & a wonderful viewMauiBrideDined on 8/16/2014You couldn't ask for a better outdoor dining experience, especially toward sunset. We split the caprese salad and are glad we did because it was definitely large enough for two. The tomatoes had a lot of flavor, which was complemented perfectly with the fresh made mozzarella and pesto. My husband had the osso bucco (falling off the bone) over an interesting quinoa. I had the pumpkin raviolia -- a bit too sweet but very tasty. Our server, Rachel, was friendly and helpful. We'll be back.Special Features:
- So disappointedHotmommaDined on 8/15/2014Decided to give Saltimbocca try as we love to support new restaurants. All personnel are friendly and efficient. We chose to sit outside, which proved to be a mistake as the Trades were up and blowing things all over our table. Next came the bugs! Tiny gnat like bugs kept landing in our wine and had to be picked out with a knife. Prawn/calamari appetizer was very good. Main course of gnocchi was really awful. It was way over cooked and gummy tasting. The other main was veal piccata was just ok. Potatoes were "roasted" and more like diced up breakfast spuds. Veal was tender, but not much flavor. I really hope the food improves, as otherwise they have a lot going for them.Special Features:
- Great findburlyVIPDined on 8/12/2014This is our second visit to this restaurant this year. The view is amazing and the restaurant is very beautiful. My husband enjoyed the fish of the day and I had Veal Piccata, and both were very tasty. We also had nice salads before the meal that were fresh and enjoyable. The downside was some items that were not available on the menu. They had very limited desserts due to availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menumauimaddnessDined on 8/12/2014good apps excellent mahi entrée. Had the signature dish and was disappointing. Will give the restaurant another try.Special Features:
- Best Italian on MauiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014This is the best Italian restaurant on Maui. New place, reasonably priced. LOVE it!Special Features:
- Casual Sort of Fine DiningRanceDined on 8/9/2014Saltimbocca was a pleasant dining experience. Every dish ordered was well prepared and service was very attentive. The signature dish "Saltimbocca" was excellent and also the Osso Bucco ordered over Rissoto was also good. Both dishes were well presented. We also ordered the fried calamari with shrimp and roasted beet salad. We always order the fried calamari at least once at a new restaurant which are usually completely breaded. These were very lightly breaded and tender. The best description I can give this restaurant is casual and sort of fine dining. Not that expensive, atmosphere is nice, harbor and ocean view , service is good and food is good, portions are good, good for couples, groups, special occasions or just want a nice meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Saltimbocca reviews archive.
- GRaineyVIPDined on 7/22/2014I was not really happy with the food, but feel it was due to what I ordered. The service was very good and it had a nice view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealMauiFoodLoverDined on 7/3/2014A beautiful restaurant with a breathtaking view. The food was terrific and the service great. Highly recommend for a relaxing meal. A bit out of the way in near the aquarium but worth the ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014We had very relaxed and enjoyable meal. The pasta with lobster was excellent. Service was relaxed...not slow...and Owners Jim and Masha were constantly checking the room and helping out where necessary. The wine we preferred was out of stock so Masha came over with several other selected bottles, all more expensive, and offered us our choice at the same price as the less expensive bottle. Beautiful location in the old Waterfront space.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceBFongVIPDined on 6/30/2014We have been to Saltimbocca several times and are never disappointed. We love the calamari and shrimp appetizer, cooked perfectly with a great sauce. The saltimbocca was excellent and my lobster tagliatelle was rich & yummy. In addition to their regular menu they are also offering regional menus each month; June was Toscana region and we went twice. July is the region Cenalazio & we can't wait to get back thereSpecial Features:
- A Pleasent Return EverytimejdairDined on 6/27/2014The other night I returned to Saltimbocca with several friends, we all had a wonderful evening and amazing great food as we have had in our past four visits this year. I had a wonderful Caesar salad, it was just as good as I remember. My friend ordered the beet salad and it looked yummy with lots of beets and greens. On this visit I decided to order the Ossobuco (oven roasted lamb, served with Castilla La Mancha saffron risotto and red wine tomato sauce), and it was absolutely delicious. I recommend this dish to any foodie that appreciates Lamb. My friend Janet ordered the Veal Picatta, she said it was delicious. My friend Jane ordered the same dish that she always orders Lobster Tagliatelle. I highly recommend SaltimboccaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltimboccaMauiFrequentDinerDined on 6/27/2014Nice place however doesn't come close to the Waterfront Restaurant that previously occupied the building.Special Features:
- Too badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014The setting is 5 *. The food though is mediocre, the wine was horrible, and the price was not worth the quality. I'd find another Italian place to dineSpecial Features:
- good menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014started out great, was a little nervous on my first date... asked for a second beer? got the meal instead. no drinks, no waiter? finished my meal with no beer, got laughed at when I asked for a new water? as a service person dating a service person, i was angry to have to chase down someone to help us 3 times, and embarrassed to have to be that guy that refuses to put up with worthless service. the food was great so ill be back but I hope its not the same waiter (and they dont recognize me)Special Features:
- We will be returning.luvgoodfoodDined on 6/22/2014The food was very good, service, price & atmosphere were as good. We will be returning in the near future.Special Features:
- Great Maui restaurant on the water!Foodie1Dined on 6/21/2014If you want great food and a view of the harbor, try this great Italian restaurant! They source most things locally and make their food from scratch! Plus you can't beat the view! A couple small issues with service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marsha pasta & pumpkin ravioliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014The flavor was excellent for both dishes. I would definitely order the pumpkin again. I would tell my friends & family to try this place. I think it would be great for an office party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014Wonderful view and friendly service. Food was very good but out of the salad chosen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great FindKamaainas4Dined on 5/24/2014We came to celebrate a Birthday with friends and was referred to go here by friends. We love Itailian food and was not disappointed. The food and desserts we ordered were excellent. We expect to come back. We had a waiter who was part Oriental and the nicest guy ever. He took the time to explain the menu and came around to make sure we were okay and if we needed anything. The staff there was very cordial and professional. The prices were reasonable and the ambiance was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere in Maui2inSeattleDined on 5/23/2014Our dinner was great. The food at this restaurant is superb, freshly made pasta and bread daily. I'm very critical of Italian food because I am Italian and this is the first time that I can actually say the food is as good as what my mom and grandma made. By far the best calamari on the island! I had the chicken sausage lasagna and it was mouth watering delicious. My husband had the linguine with clams in a white wine sauce. He was as thrilled with his meal as I was with mine. We dined out on the terrace and watched the boats come in and the sunset over the water. The staff all get an A+ for service and friendliness. We will definitely be back to Saltimbocca's the next time we visit Maui and highly recommend a dining experience here.Special Features:
- Off the beaten track gemMattDined on 5/23/2014Very nice food, excellent service and great ocean views. Trying to avoid crowded places? Consider this gem near the Maui Ocean Center.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/21/2014What a delight to find this restaurant and it's fine food. This place is a great new addition to the Maui food scene. The focaccia was the most tender and moist I've ever had. The Caesar Salad was crispy and tangy - perfect! I ordered the pumpkin ravioli, which were excellent. The restaurant is near the Ocean Center and offers both indoor and outdoor dining plus a great view of the harbor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumLuvgourmetfoodDined on 5/18/2014I was really happy with the menu and the selections. I was not hungry enough for a meal so I had their soup of the day which was carrot ginger and it was fabulous, then for my main meal I had the salad with the tuscon dressing which was terrific. My husband had the bolognese which he really enjoyed as well. Their bread is homemade and the serve two types focaccia and Italian sourdough, I was a little weary when the waiter said bread was sourdough because I don't usually like sourdough, but this bread was so light it doesn't taste like regular sourdough bread. Just wish they would be open for lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining Option in Ma'alaeamaalaearesidentDined on 5/17/2014We had a diverse group of diners and everyone found something on the menu to their liking, very well prepared and delicious, beautiful harbor-side location and professional service, prices are very reasonable, well worth seeking out as a good alternative to much pricier venues on Maui!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSteixeiraDined on 5/15/2014My husband and I were in Maui craving pasta; Saltimbocca was outstanding on all levels and reasonably priced. I am thinking we might to dinner there on the way to the airportSpecial Features:
- Excellent Restaurant10shiDined on 5/13/2014This restaurant was excellent. The ambiance, the scenery, and great food and wine all came together for one of the best dinners out I've had on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.