Saltimbocca Italian Bistro
14820 S Military Trail
Delray Beach, FL 33484Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Saltimbocca Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltimboccabistro.com/
- Phone: (561) 455-4017
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Saltimbocca Italian Bistro
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Saltimbocca Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Saltimbocca Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (12)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- confusion & wait staff spread outbobbyekVIPDined on 11/15/2014thee was confusion about the reservation and we were seated 5 minutes late the server had another table seated just before us we had to wait for her to get to us she was not organized but personable in asking us to wait ordered a glass of wine & had to repeat the request food was very good even though it was slow in reaching us don't know if it was the fault of the kitchen or the server will go back to try againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Surprise!BeachbumVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was over the top fantastic. The portions were most plentiful, fish, etc. VERY FRESH!!! The service was wonderful. Our waiter Tony was most attentive which translated to a wonderful dining experience. cOULDN'T GET MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!!!Special Features:
- Hondo52Dined on 11/8/2014I thought the food was very good. The portions were very large. The only thing was that we waited a long time for the food to come out and they weren't very crowded.Special Features:
- Missed the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014Willing to bring my 18 year old to celebrate his birthday dinner with an average age of 75 in the room was a stretch. I advised the team via message on open table to provide a table near the front , no booth and that we were celebrating a birthday. The hostess greeted me and wished him happy birthday when we arrived. She commented that the team would sing happy birthday later during the dessert. We ate a moderate quality Italian dinner. The birthday boy ordered the mussels and clams. He did not finish the entire dish commenting that that half of the clams did not open. When dessert was served they forgot to sing happy birthday. Will never go back. Early bird does not mean ignore the details. Glad his grandmother could be with us.Special Features:
- Our 2nd time...JRBrownDined on 10/31/2014We were here three weeks ago. The food had been delicious and our server was excellent. Food was slow coming out due to several groups in the back room. But, our server, Talia, let us know many times that our food would be coming very soon. It was actually nice to "dine' more slowly. We decided to come back on our 49th anniversary on Halloween. I used their online "Open Table" free reservation option (on their website) that responded to my email very quickly letting us know it was accepted. We asked for Talia again. She was excellent; the food was all excellent! My husband had Pasta Fagioli soup and Veal Franchaise. I had Chicken noodle soup and Chicken Marsala. Talia put candles on our deserts for our anniversary. Loved their coffee, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. We had 3GrammyannDined on 10/29/2014different dishes and everyone enjoyed their s. Will certainly go backSpecial Features:
- Delicious Standard Italian FoodBubby5Dined on 10/29/2014The Early Bird dinner is an excellent value for a complete dinner of really good Italian fare. The veal dishes were tender and the eggplant parmigiana was delicious. Desserts were tasty and the service very friendly. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.
- DisappointedFood4thoughtVIPDined on 10/28/2014My husband and I took advantage of the buy one get one entree free (Max $20 off) special. We were told the specials of the day were included. Most entrees are between $22 and $27 dollars. He ordered the veal Parmesan and I asked for a mixed seafood dish which came over pasta. I requested vegetables in place of the pasta since I have a wheat gluten allergy. The veal was cooked to the point of it being crunchy. Sent back-the second portion was not much better. The couple behind us remarked that hopefully the third try to cook their meal should be the charm. Most of mine went home, only to find strands of spaghetti and linguini under my fish.While there was a "half lobster" the meat within was the size of a jumbo shrimp-not worth $44
- Comfortable restaurant.jellybellyVIPDined on 10/28/2014We have dined at Saltimbocca many times. The food is always good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Linda492Dined on 10/15/2014We've been here several times, often with guests. Everyone was thrilled with the food and service provided. Veal Parm was great. Also the Snapper Francaise was excellent.Special Features:
- Good Food and Great ServiceBoynton101Dined on 10/14/2014I was disappointed that the restaurant did not have iceberg lettuce, so I had to forego the salad. With all the seniors in our area taking Coumadin, you would think they would have a supply. The soup could have been warmer. The veal picatta is not normally breaded, which it was, but it was tasty enough. It's a nice restaurant because it's pretty and the food was tasty. I'm sure we'll give it another try. Hopefully my comments will be consideredSpecial Features:
- jellybellyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Very comfortable for party of 6 or 8. Food is always good. Good value too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodFood4thoughtVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed our meals as always. Without a coupon or special deal this place is pricey for a strip store Italian restaurant. Also, waiting for high season and prices to have some dishes available is not right. We will return though because there is always something good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service MattersCarolVIPDined on 10/10/2014Our food was very good and the wine list is limited. Our server was okay and very busy just like the busboys. What I didn't like was seeing the other servers standing around along w/ the Manager (looking at his cell phone). We waited a while for the busboy to come to the table to wrap our leftovers. The servers should be helping each other if possible unless they don't like each other which is another problem!
- Consistently Goodluv2dineDined on 9/26/2014We have been here several times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. The food is always well prepared, arrives hot to the table. Our grandson, from New England, had the lobster special and was very pleased! My husband loves the veal parmigiana (cannot finish it, it's so big). The service is friendly, attentive, but not overbearing. We will continue to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland, bland , blandMoosesMommyDined on 9/15/2014I have come to expect bland in South Florida but this was really, really blah food. In addition they advertise a two-for-one deal on certain entrees but once you are seated we learned that they give you up to $20 off selected entrees- not the same thing. We opted for the Early Bird (of course! It's South Florida!) which included a beverage and dessert. I had the linguine with clams. Pretty much tasteless and oily. My dessert was "Key Line Pie". The waiter made a point of telling us that it was NOT made at the restaurant which is not a plus in my book. It was absolutely awful. Ditto for my Mom's meal and dessert. Our waiter was nice but had a bad habit of touching his face and chewing on his pen. Gross. Over all I would say skip this place.
- Good Food and ServicedoonnaVIPDined on 9/7/2014We were at this lovely restaurant for an early dinner and from the delicious soup, crisp fresh salad to the wonderful entrees everything was prepared well and was very good. We enjoyed our dining experience and are planning to go back and bring friends.Special Features:
- jellybellyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Summer deal was fantastic. We will keep coming back.Special Features:
- Nice addition to restaurant listFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had heard by word of mouth that this place was good. We had our doubts when walking up to the place nestled between a BedBath and Beyond and an Italian grocery store. Then again when we walked into a large empty bar area. Our waitress was lovely and helpful. We ordered sautéd snapper and veal Marsala . Both dishes were delicious. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tops for velSnuggsVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love veal. These folks know how to prepare Northern Italian. We had Veal Marsala, well stocked with fresh mushrooms in a demiglace, and Veal Franchaise, beautifully done in a light egg batter. Soup was middling, though the salad was fresh and delightful. While the server indicated the pasta wasn't made fresh in-house, the taste was very good, and cooked to (my opinion) of perfection. Not stiff, not crunchy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JIMMYSKILO1Dined on 8/22/2014DIMITRI GAVE US (6 COUPLES) A LONG TABLE AS REQUESTED FOR MY WIFES 75TH. BIRTHDAY.NO ONE WAS TO THIS RESTURANT BEFORE,THEY ALL RAVED ABOUT IT.THE FOOD, THE SERVICE (KEITH) AND THE SPECIAL PRICING ($20.00 OFF) WILL BE BACK FOR SURE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jellybellyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Dinner was very good. Service was excellent. We appreciated the special summer menu which was well priced. Will returnSpecial Features:
- ALWAYS GOODRickyBocaDined on 8/8/2014This area of South Florida is famous for its inexpensive restaurants. This restaurant is a step above this group and albeit the prices are moderate, you get quite a bit of quality for your money.Special Features:
- DeniseDined on 8/2/2014Food was good and plentiful. Have been here a few times now and not had a bad experience, fortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Disappointment!HungrygirlDined on 7/25/2014Food was lovely, quite an extensive menu , but the service was a disappointment. Half of what we ordered wasn't available. The waiter misquoted prices and tried to add extra charges.Special Features:
- The following 193 reviews are from the Saltimbocca Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- NatalieNatalieDined on 7/23/2014The food was spectacular. The chef certainly knows his business. The service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiselaDined on 7/10/2014We always enjoy our Snapper Francaise. It is very fresh and very tasty and a generous portion. GiselaSpecial Features:
- ArleneDined on 7/6/2014While the service was a bit scattered the food was quite good. Love their julienne sliced veggies and their snapper. Easily able to have a round table for a group of 8, which is always a "plus". Their early dining special is very well done......just wish that it was available until 7:00 pm. 5:30 is too early for dinner unless you have plans for later in the evening, in which case it's perfect.Special Features:
- consistantly good food!!BeachbumVIPDined on 7/5/2014Saltimbocca is a wonderful neighborhood restaurant with great food and an extensive menu. The specials are worthy of recognition. The wait staff was most attentive. Definately a positive dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FooddinewellDined on 7/3/2014We frequently dine at Saltimbocca and find the food and drink consistently good. Tonight's service was somewhat slower at the start - our waiter explained that some wait staff had not come to work - he worked hard at serving us promptly once our orders were in. All in all a good dining experience.Special Features:
- palmbeachfoodieDined on 6/17/2014Service was terrible. Waiter was very chatty at other tables, but we had to ask busboy to get him to our table more than once. It was an hour before we rec'd our entrée which was ridiculous since the restaurant was almost empty when we got there. Dirty dishes sat at our table for a long time before anyone came to take them away. When served, the entrée was barely warm - I do honestly believe it had been sitting in the kitchen for a while since waiter did not serve it to us until we had to interrupt him chatting at another table to check on our food. This is the second time I have had a bad experience. We will not go back.
- mtdelrayDined on 6/12/2014service very slow - seems there was some music and entertainment going on in another room and our server was too busy to take care of us
- Eat4funVIPDined on 5/30/2014Nice evening. Great service, waitress and helpful and attentive managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, service could be bettergsosingsDined on 5/22/2014Excellent flavor.. even the small house salad was fresh & tasty. Eggplant Parm & Chicken Picatta: nice size, good texture & flavor. One side meatball HUGE! Prices were moderate. Service was friendly & personable but not attentive enough for a slow eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jellybellyVIPDined on 5/14/2014Good food as usual. Good value too. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian food?vettesVIPDined on 5/10/2014the ambience was awful, from drunks at the bar to many walkers stacked near our table. that was the good part of the restaurant.. the dishes we ordered were not the dishes we received. the fish was overcooked. the service was awful and on a par with the food-awful.Special Features:
- Happy Dining ExperienceBeachbumVIPDined on 5/4/2014Great, fresh food that was cooked to order. this was our second time at Saltimbocca and it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good local restaurantjellybellyVIPDined on 4/26/2014Restaurant gives very good value. The portions are large well prepared and the house salad is fresh. It is a comfortable local place -- can be crowded on Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemmswittyDined on 4/25/2014Warm atmosphere. Excellent food. Our server was knowledgable regarding the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be going back!Foodlover37Dined on 4/21/2014Our dishes were excellent and our waiter was very nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.