1716 Pleasure House Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23455Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltatthepoint.com/
- Phone: 7579622325
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: Justin Kealiinohomoku
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Salt's upstairs is reserved for private dining guests. This area is for parties celebrating weddings, rehearsal dinners, large celebrations, and business meetings. The area is blocked off from our other guests for a more personal feel.
A word from Salt
Salt is an upscale restaurant in the Hampton Roads area. Salt features seafood, steaks and regional ~ international ingredients from all over the world. Salt is a refined dining environment featuring a spacious patio, 16 seat bar, and a dining area that seats over 80 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Salt reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (32)romantic (25)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- FIRST TIMEAFOODIEDined on 9/13/2014This was our first time at Salt with the place hiving been recommended by several colleagues. Parking and our initial greeting was great. The restaurant had accommodated our booking request for quiet table and that set the scene. Waiters were very attentive and very helpful. Showing appetizers allowed us to sample a wider range of the food on offer - and with the variety of great dishes even at appetizer stage proved a difficult task. We chose 2 mains with intention to share again to sample the food. While tasty and matched our Bouillabaisse the Pad Thais was disappointing in terms of presentation. Desert menu (my failing) was very limited but the oatmeal cookies were great. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Good lunch!diamondgroupVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had a scallop special that was excellent. My husband had the tomato basil soup and loved it! Their homemade bread was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find!!kbrittonDined on 9/5/2014Salt had been recommended by several friends so we gave it a try for my husband's birthday. We were not disappointed! Everyone ordered a different entree and each was outstanding along with the service by Aaron (request him)!! You have to try Salt, you will be happy you did!Special Features:
- Fine dining near homeBarryPDined on 8/21/2014This is a very good fine dining restaurant that does Asian Fusion style cuisine. Everything was well prepared and beautifully presented. Our waiter, Eli, was great except for a couple of simple mistakes. He poured our entire bottle into 4 glasses and then left the empty bottle on the table. If one of us didn't want as much, he or she would have left wine in the glass that someone else would have enjoyed. We were also delivered 3 of 4 entrees together and told that the kitchen had made a mistake and the fourth would be done in a few minutes. It wasn't a long wait, but this is an error that shouldn't have happened in a high end place. In short, a great, near excellent, dinner. We will go again and recommend it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveninghomerc2Dined on 8/21/2014We always enjoy the food at Salt and the service is spot on. My wife had the Oysters and I had the cheese plate for starters, both were enjoyed. We followed it up with an Asian salad for my wife and I had the salad with goat cheese, again nothing left to throw away. My wife opted for the scallops with mashed potatoes which she loved. I had the beef tenderloin and you could cut it with a butter knife. We will return!!Special Features:
- SuperbDeliciousVIPDined on 8/15/2014All three courses were fantastic, tuna appetizers, scallops entree, peach dessert and our waiter Damin's service, attitude and knowledge made the night even better. Oops almost forgot how much we enjoyed our bottle of wine and lemon drop Martin. Salt has a top notch bar. We enjoy dinner her about once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jack1RichmondJack1RichmondDined on 8/15/2014The Hawaiian chef owner does a great job with presentation and flavor. My wife had the whole red snapper and it was presented on a flat plate swimming over rice and bock choy. The snapper looked like it was swimming! It was delicious. I had the diver scallops. Delicious and very special.Special Features:
- Hoped for something speacialvbnativeDined on 8/15/2014We noticed upon arrival that for a Friday night at 7 there were very few people there. It was a very nice evening so we thought we would sit outside. The view was of a drainage ditch and a busy road. My wife wanted wine and I had a cocktail. The wine list was not bad but there was only one Cab that was sold by the glass. Next we ordered two appetizers . The first was a Ahi on crab. The crab served was old and had an old seafood smell and taste.The second was a goat cheese salad. It was delicious.Our main entrées were shrimp tempura and seared scallops on mashed potatoes. The tempura was overly breaded and the shrimp were small. The scallops were cooked perfectly but lacked flavor. We gave it a 5 out of 10 and will not be going back.
- Kayak4funVIPDined on 8/13/2014It was an uncrowded Wednesday evening and we had the restaurant all to ourselves. So the service and ambience were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we had all weekend!!TuckedawaygemDined on 8/9/2014We came from out of town and did a search on Yelp. So glad we found this place. Devin, our waiter was a very informative and helpful who worked with the chef on some gluten and soy free choices. The cheese platter was flavorful and filling for 2 people; the Ahi Tuna with crabmeat wasn't our favorite but you couldn't tell by how clean we left the plate; tried not to lick the plate from the mixed berry salad - never had a salad that tasted so good. We were too full to have an entrée so decided to share a dessert. The tart was awesome. Don't miss this gem of a restaurant. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticCharityVIPDined on 8/6/2014I had the cobia fish special and it was excellent! I'm still talking about it. Fish was perfectly prepared and the combo of flavors with how it was seasoned was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotYogaDDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I ventured to salt for the first time last Saturday night for my birthday. We received good advice and great service from the knowledgable wait staff. The panko crusted shrimp appetizer was fantastic. I had the fish of the day and my husband had the lamb we were both delighted with the asian influences of the main course and veggies. His goat cheese salad was also delicious. It was a upbeat atmosphere but quiet enough of us to carry on a conversation in normal tones - very relaxing. No TV's were visible - I have been unhappy with the trend of TVs in upscale restaurants and was happy not to see any there. Great food, great service, interesting cocktails. We plan to go back soon. Thinking drinks and apps at the bar !Special Features:
- NotaSaltFanVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was the 4th/5th time we ate at Salt. The food and service was exceptional on all occasions. Unfortunately each time we ate there they always attempted to seat us at a table that is directly between the bar and the main dinning area. The table is small and people are constantly walking past as this is a main thorough fair for waiters and customers. Upon asking for a different table we were told all the tables in the main area were reserved. The did place us in the bar area which was loud however not by customers (there weren't any) but by staff / waiters who were huddled around the bar area joking and talking rudely and loudly. As we were walking out there was only 1 other table occupied in the main dining area.
- We made the right choice!DeliciousVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our evening was super! We have eaten here many many times and this was our best visit yet! Drinks were wonderful, appetizers were fantastic and this was the best dinner special we have ever ordered here even dessert was a winner. We will return soon for more of Eli's spot on recommendations. ***** 5 starsSpecial Features:
- Met our highest expectationDavidbroadDined on 7/22/2014Chef was at his most creative and worked up dishes with variations that met everyone's diet and preferences! Not often one has the chance to express a desire and get chef's best improvised sides and accompaniments. High praise from all our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very saltisfyingLuggersDined on 7/12/2014First time to the restaurant and it did not disappoint. The menu is modern, with a selection of Asian/American fusion dishes. Service was outstanding with lots of recommendations from our knowledgeable waiter. The ambience is nice, city-style, with a pretty wood bar. Plenty of items from which to choose, including the drink and wine menu. The wine list is small, but interesting. For example, they had an Abiouness Pinot on the list. Not many restaurants have that winery. The only thing I would like to see is a better dessert menu. This Saturday they had four, uninspired choices. Overall, an excellent dining experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjohnDined on 7/12/2014We had a superb meal at Salt. The food was excellent, had eye appeal, the portion was perfect...it was a work of art. There were some very loud people near us that detracted from the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014The food, service, and overall experience was nearly flawless. All aspects of each of the courses were delicious and carefully prepared to the finest detail. The service was friendly without feeling rushed, which we enjoy. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceBrianA1977Dined on 7/7/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. They gave us a nice private table. Our waiter Devin was fantastic! He was extremely knowledgeable with our wine selections and even talked us into a wine that was less expensive because it paired better with what we ordered. All of the food was great, but I'd have to credit Devin with helping guide our dining experience. Ask for him when you go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well seasonedcre8vbladeDined on 6/27/2014A great, elegant dining experience, Salt has excellent "Libations" (I had a tasty Sidecar) and some really good appetizers. The cheese board was a delicate mix of flavors. The bulgogi wraps were sweet and savory. For the main course, I had the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp with coconut rice and edamame. My fiancée had a delectable Pad Thai. For dessert, I had an amazing goat cheese and chocolate cheesecake that was complex and satisfying. Our waiter was attentive, but unobtrusive. The atmosphere was romantic and vibrant.Special Features:
- homerc2Dined on 6/27/2014They had removed pork belly from the menue and I was devistated. However, the lamb was an acceptable substitute. My wife had the oysters and I had the cheese plate. Both of us enjoyed them. Then I had the goat cheese salad and my wife had the Asain salad. Again both were enjoyable. My wife had the duck and I had the lamb chops, I would have enjoyed the pork belly more but we both enjoyed our choices. The Pork belly will be rotating back into the line up and we will be going back! We like the food and the service that we have received each time we have been to SALT. Try it you will like it!Special Features:
- DisappointingNonameVIPDined on 6/26/2014Service was slow even though dining room was practically empty. Food was only average.
- Out of this world!VBFOODIEDined on 6/23/2014This restaurant is about pleasing your palate in so many ways. The Chef is one of the best in the area. My friends and I were amazed by the service and presentations of our meals. Kudos to the owners for having such a wonderful team and restaurant. We will recommend you highly to our friends and family. Can't wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half off Wine MondayMayoplanVIPDined on 6/16/2014A good night to go to Salt is Monday. You get half off any wine on the menu. The list has too many Sav Blanc types wines for white, but you'll still be able to pull together a reasonable sample of wines. The Poke special was good and the Lobster tempura with pasta was excellent For $260, we got 3 appetizers, 3 entrée, 3 bottles of wineSpecial Features:
- BillDined on 6/14/2014One of the best place to dine in Hampton Roads. I would recommend it to anyone that wants a different menuSpecial Features:
- Wonderful experiencecavsfan56Dined on 6/14/2014My family came there for dinner. The food was fantastic and the waiter very knowledgeable . I had the whole fish which was snapper and it was great. Would truly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise in the neighborhood.YummersDined on 6/13/2014On a whim for late lunch we tried Salt. It was perfect. Great table seating, each dish we ordered was perfect and the wait staff was very personable. All took great care of us. Heirloom tomatoes ... Yummers. Lovely Asian tastes that are not overpowering. Interesting , creative menu. Discover this secret for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2014We booked Salt after reading the favorable reviews on Open Table. The waiter was very knowledgeable and didn't hesitate to make recommendations. We enjoyed everything we ordered, but most of all LOVED dessert! Make sure and get the Oatmeal Cream Pies! Delish!Special Features:
- Give them a try....KenSDined on 6/12/2014I'll start out by saying it was a slow night, and Salt lacked the 'energy' that can enhance a dinner. Service was nicely paced. We started with the wine and cocktail list, with many good options. Appetizers included several interesting choices (did I notice a Bobby Huber influence?) and were very good. Entrees were a step down, and may have been because business was slow. I think, if we go back, my dinner will be an appetizer, a salad, and a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Great findbiotechyDined on 6/9/2014Great for a business dinner. Bonus was that wine was half price on Tues night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet but delicious!Misher14Dined on 6/7/2014We were the only sat table inside but thought the food and service were fantastic! The wine list was moderate and overall we really enjoyed dinner. A little odd that there weren't more people.Special Features:
- lovewineDined on 5/24/2014We found the restaurant to be average based on other similarily priced restaurants in the area. I will say the truffle mac and cheese was great! Unfortunately, it just didn't have any "special" qualities.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Salt reviews archive.
- Deserves a crowdLuvLocalDined on 5/16/2014What a find! We had no knowledge of this restaurant and were surprised to find the food outstanding, the service very cordial and knowledgeable and the setting quite satisfactory. Go, go, go! Try the whole fish dish. Amazing. The Cioppino was great too. Not the usual heavier broth but lighter and full of flavor. Salad was bursting with freshness like it was all just picked out of the garden right before dinner. Only hold back was the oatmeal sandwich cookie dessert. Not our favorite. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Everything was absolutely delicious! We sat at the bar and had a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING 1st Visit - Tasty foodBobbyUSNVIPDined on 5/13/2014We took our baby girl and invited another couple to join us at Salt for Tuesday "Date Night". The staff was friendly, very courteous and attentive. The food was mouth watering. We will definitely come here again!!! Thank you...Special Features:
- Great findLongTimeEaterVIPDined on 5/8/2014Visitng Va Beach and came upon Salt through Open Table. What a great place. The food and service were outstanding. The chef has a great touch with flavors, you can taste everything but not be over powered by any one. That is a great kitchen. We had then ciopino, pad Thai, whole snapper, mussels and calamari and th oysters. Would have it all againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CPCCleanplateclubDined on 4/28/2014This was an excellent start to our new dining club. We found the service impeccable, our waiter Devin did an outstanding job. The food was excellent, a great blend of familiar and exotic flavors. Would definitely recommend this restaurant without hesitationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014We chose this restaurant for a birthday dinner for our daughter, who is a chef. We reviewed the menu online, and she liked it. She always avoids chain restaurants, including big-name ones, and wanted someplace "cool" for her birthday. We picked Salt mainly because of its location (close to grandma's house) and its menu. This turned out to be an absolutely amazing place. Large portions of perfectly prepared and unusual dishes. There were 6 of us dining, and all chose something different. Every dish was wonderful. Great service, knowledgeable wait staff. We have already recommended Salt to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014First time here and what a little gem-great food, great service, and a wonderful dining experience-will be back soon!Special Features:
- Always FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Salt is just amazing. Went for dinner the first time and most recently lunch. Both times were fantastic and the food seems to keep getting better!Special Features: