Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
4750 Amelia Island Parkway
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/AmeliaIsland/Dining/SaltTheGrillattheRitz-Carlton/Default.htm
- Phone: (904) 277-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rick Laughlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
Salt, the the AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, features simple ingredients from the earth and the sea, properly seasoned and artfully prepared. With more than 400 available wines and an innovative menu showcasing the bounty of the season, Salt offers a dining experience that is a rare combination of the relaxed and refined. As a tribute to the contemporary coastal setting, more than 40 varieties of salt, harvested from every corner of the world, are available to enhance the flavor and appearance of each exquisite dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)romantic (80)fit for foodies (71)scenic view (67)notable wine list (49)good for groups (15)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014My wife thinks Salt was the best meal she ever had. I would put it in my top five, but they were all so good I wouldn't rank one above another. The food was memorable and the service outstanding. We'll definitely return if we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner SpotMrandMrsDahlbergVIPDined on 11/22/2014We were blown away by the special touches for our anniversary, from the moment we checked in to the personalized menu and dessert plates. Shannon was wonderful; we really enjoyed her company, knowledge and service. The food was incredible, from our salad, to the prawns and grits to our seafood entrees (I loved the Halibut), to desserts. Very impressive drink and wine menus, too. I would recomend Salt to anyone, especially for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALMOST PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Restaurants should be rated against the standards that they aspire to. Salt's aspirations are very high. An otherwise flawless experience was very slightly marred by a short, but unattended, wait between the main course and the superb soufflé. A coffee refill, a server's "just a few minutes more" comment would have avoided our slight feeling of being ignored. In a lesser place this wouldn't have been worth a thought but for this place anything less than 100% is not quite good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.SaltDined on 11/19/2014This place was wonderful. The halibut was delicious and so was the chocolate soufflé. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for top-notch food in an upscale atmosphere. A little pricey but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Butternut squash soup was delicious. Topped with a cranberry foam. Filet and lobster entree was perfectly prepared and presented. Pappardelle was delicious with a seafood and mushroom sauce. Chocolate soufflé paired with Carmel ice cream was perfect. Enjoyed learning about the different salts and experimenting with the flavors. Well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willgDined on 11/12/2014We had the chef's 4 course meal with wine pairing for $150. Food/wine/service were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind dining experience!SFCAielloDined on 11/7/2014Salt is a must dine! The experience is truly unique. From the moment you are welcomed upon entering to the moment you depart with the widest smile on your face, you are treated as if the attention of both the management and staff is solely devoted to you. The service is spectacular, the food is out of this world amazing, and you will be talking about this for a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10yr anniversary....drinkeat2repeatDined on 11/6/2014The lamb, steak, grits, quinoa, all the absolute best preparation me and my wife has ever had. Tinkering with the various expressions of infused and flavored salts really allowed us to experience our meal on a whole new level. Salt is a brilliant concept in a beautiful Ritz Carlton setting, executed perfectly by talented chefs and cooks, and mediated effortlessly by a well trained and knowledgeable wait staff. You will do well to have Aubrey as your server. Easily my favorite dining experience in 38 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Very good server; very knowledgable about the wine list and wines in general . One lousy dish( the tuna tartare ) which our server went out of her way to say it was different when we were ordering. Otherwise, would have rated the food and the restaurant as outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagerjacVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been going to Salt for nearly 15 years; what used to be a wonderful dining experience has over the past few years become rather average. The selections are limited and boring. The service is still outstanding but that isn't enough to justify the cost. Unfortunately this past visit will be our last.Special Features:
- We loved SaltnmulkeyVIPDined on 10/30/2014What a unique dining experience. The food was phenomenal and the service was out of this world. Several extras were presented to our table in the starter portion of our meal and during the dessert portion as well. Everyone was satisfied with their meal choices. If you are fan of grits, I recommend ordering those as a side. Our server was knowledgeable about the salt pairings with each of the dishes ordered. We each took those recommendations and were not disappointed. This place is pricey but worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion or as a treat while on a vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!!Marge75Dined on 10/29/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary at Salt. A Gift from our Children and Grandchildren!! We loved it!! They treated us like royalty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends at Salt. Such a unique dining experience infused with a variety of specialty salts to pair with your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place for a celebration!Localfoodie52Dined on 10/24/2014Ryan was our waiter and he did an outstanding job. The Ritz staff are always several cuts above other establishments, but he took service to an outstanding level. This was my second dining experience at Salt. We ordered the wine-flighted chef's tasting. The wine pairings were spot on with the cuisine served. I was a little disappointed in the pork belly main course, as I had hoped for we would be served beef or venison. The pork was prepared well...just not my vision for the center stage portion of a multi-course meal. We were celebrating a milestone birthday and the staff did not disappoint! The menu was personalized to my date (her b'day) and we received a complimentary champagne toast of Perrier-Jouet...very nice. We will return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodGood2tryDined on 10/19/2014An extraordinary experience- very exciting smells, tastes, creative dishes. Our waitress was great at explaining the choices we made but was too wordy-did way too much talking so interfered with our conversation and experience. Also talked so fast we couldn't really follow her thoughts. However would return for another time for the wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely doneOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014While at the Ritz there are limited choices without traveling miles. The service was excellent and while pricy was overall a great dinner. The salt theme it was nicely done thought out. I ordered the beef and quail eggs and steak with the final cooking done on a salt stone at the table. My only minor suggestion is a side place should be provided as I was not aware how salty the meat would be in eating from the stone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative and delicious foodWiseapeDined on 10/17/2014We went to Salt for a special occasion meal and were delighted. The staff couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. My wife had a delicious Alaskan halibut while I had tender filet slices that I got to cook myself on a 450 degree slab of Himalayan salt along with quail eggs in a tiny skillet. I had great fun cooking my own dinner at the table on the salt block! The wine list was outstanding and we finished the evening off with a Grand Marnier souffle' with creme Anglais that was very decadent and wonderful. We want to come back. My compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceSaltTheGrillExcelsAgainDined on 10/16/2014Rick Laughlin outdid himself with this tasting menu: tuna tar tar with shaved fennel over a clementine gillette, tasmanian salmon with pork belly three ways and braised mustard greens; Korbotta pork and braised veal cheek; and seared foie gras with mint ice cream. The service was impeccable as usual and the room warm and comfortable. This restaurant continues to be our go to place on Amelia Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt Is AmazingboogernDined on 10/12/2014Salt is what the ultimate dining experience should be.Special Features:
- Food and Service was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014As a bonus our table, as most do at Salt, had a view of the ocean through large glass windows. The night we were there the blood moon was visible which added to an already beautiful setting. Not a single morsel was left on any plate of any of our party of six; steak & eggs, lamb T-Bone, rib eye, halibut, veal all good. Shrimp and grits appetizer, recommended by the chef, was the best I ever had. Service was spot on. Attentive but not overbearing. Thanks to Jeff for his recommendations and for outstanding service.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerTwoInLoveVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had a fantastic anniversary dinner while vacationing in Amelia Island. We cannot wait to go back and dine at this restaurant. Both the food and the service were top natch. We opt out to have the chef's tasting menu and the dishes selected for us, were amazing, nothing I would normally pick for myself. It was my first time eating elk and I loved it.Special Features:
- Even better the second time!RitzrocksDined on 10/3/2014This was our second time to dine at Salt and it was as awesome as the first. I look forward to our next opportunity. The service was second to none and every course was remarkable. The butternut squash soup was a stand out and I highly recommend it. Tasting the intricacies of the different salts with different foods was a great experience, too, and you can purchase them to take home (we bought some ghost pepper salt). I highly recommend Salt!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedFritzDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance lived up to the reputation, the service was excellent, and the food was very good. Everything was worth 1/2 to 3/4 the price.Special Features:
- 5 Star Experience!!luvsaltDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is perfection! From the food to the service to the ambiance, this is first class all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant!!MarcusAurelius2Dined on 9/24/2014O.K. it IS the Ritz-Carlton after all. You would expect the best, anyway. Sometimes, when we go to "fancy Restaurants", we would have some spectacular servings. But, there would be, at least, One item that would be not quite as good as the rest of the meal. Here, at Salt, there were no such disappointments. All of the servings were spectacular!Special Features:
- Great food.... uniquedeedeekittyDined on 9/21/2014It was a wonderful meal.... My husband and I both had the Filet and Lobster and 2 Souffle's for dessert... appetizers were limited as were the salads... didn't interest us for the prices. Expensive meal, good meal.... just not sure if it was worth what we paid for it. BUT.... we would go ahead and do it again!!! They really do go above and beyond for special requests and help make occasions extra special. If money is no object and you like getting pampered... Go For It!Special Features:
- Always great food and service.65andmoreDined on 9/18/2014This is my third time to eat at Salt and there is never any reason to be disappointed. The food once again stole the show with fresh flavors presented perfectly and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014More than outstanding service! Great food, the view and atmosphere - spectacular!!! Thank you Salt for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014When I made the reservation, I told them we were getting married earlier that evening. The whole staff at Salt made us feel very special and welcomed. The food and wine were outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meal everbhscaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Must try the chefs adventure...... Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in a weekend!MoozerDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic meal, beautifully presented and everyone in our group was happy with their meal! The wait staff is wonderful and accommodating, wish we lived closer. Delicious and inventive from the soup & salads to dessert, can't recommend Salt enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceMissRDined on 9/6/2014We did the Chef's Adventure with some changes (due to my husband suffering from Crohn's). The chef's did provide us with sufficiant dietary meals though. Our server was awkward and slow. We sat without being served for at least 10 minutes before our waitress ventured our way. She was awkward and didn't hardly talk to us and didn't stop by to check on us. She would bring the wine pairings at odd times and not when the new courses were served. For a $300+ meal, I expect top notch service and we didn't receive that at all. Also, while most courses were delicious, the dessert (a Bailey's cake) was dry and bland (and also completely unoriginal as I've had Bailey's cakes and cupcakes several times before). Wouldn't return except for drinksSpecial Features:
- Returning customer10thanniversaryDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meal, wonderful atmosphere. Every detail was done with care. We were happy to share it with our family from out of town. Warm, comfortable and delicious. We especially liked the ahi watermelon appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarfoodieDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I eat fine dining at least once a week so I'd like to think I know fine food as well as service. The food was what I expected..amazing and the plating was just as amazing. The only down fall for us was that all our food was brought out in a rush. There was no down time to rest between courses and when my husband left the table right after our appetizers they brought out both of our main courses. I have never been fine dining where they bring out your food when you are not at the table! So his meal sat there until he returned. The food was great, but would of loved to enjoy everything a little slower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Crazy how good! Food , service , and view! Best meal of the yearSpecial Features:
- TennismanDined on 8/26/2014This was our third time and again found the food excellent, well prepared and appealing. It is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Salt,Jw14Dined on 8/26/2014The food is good and presented is excellent but small portions. The wine selection was good, great for romantic dinner. The chairs need to be replaced as well as the booths you sink too far into them. Nice view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodExceptionalFoodieDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful service, food and ambiance. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary and our server recommended great dishes and desserts. The prawn and tuna appetizers were amazing. My huband had the wagyu beef and I the seafpod parpardelle, both completely sensational! Expensive but food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDined on 8/23/2014Salt is by far the most outstanding restaurant on Amelia Island. Without a doubt the best food and service that we have ever had.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningJhillVIPDined on 8/22/2014My dinner at Salt was one of the best meals I have ever had! Everything from the service, to the atmosphere (view of the ocean) and most importantly the delicious food was outstanding! The entire evening was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.