Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
4750 Amelia Island Parkway
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/AmeliaIsland/Dining/SaltTheGrillattheRitz-Carlton/Default.htm
- Phone: 9042771100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rick Laughlin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach
Salt, the the AAA Five Diamond award winning restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, features simple ingredients from the earth and the sea, properly seasoned and artfully prepared. With more than 400 available wines and an innovative menu showcasing the bounty of the season, Salt offers a dining experience that is a rare combination of the relaxed and refined. As a tribute to the contemporary coastal setting, more than 40 varieties of salt, harvested from every corner of the world, are available to enhance the flavor and appearance of each exquisite dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
Salt - Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island - Fernandina Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)romantic (82)scenic view (73)fit for foodies (65)notable wine list (50)good for groups (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Imaginative and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014We went to Salt for a special occasion meal and were delighted. The staff couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. My wife had a delicious Alaskan halibut while I had tender filet slices that I got to cook myself on a 450 degree slab of Himalayan salt along with quail eggs in a tiny skillet. I had great fun cooking my own dinner at the table on the salt block! The wine list was outstanding and we finished the evening off with a Grand Marnier souffle' with creme Anglais that was very decadent and wonderful. We want to come back. My compliments to the chef!Special Features:
- Another Great Dining ExperienceSaltTheGrillExcelsAgainDined on 10/16/2014Rick Laughlin outdid himself with this tasting menu: tuna tar tar with shaved fennel over a clementine gillette, tasmanian salmon with pork belly three ways and braised mustard greens; Korbotta pork and braised veal cheek; and seared foie gras with mint ice cream. The service was impeccable as usual and the room warm and comfortable. This restaurant continues to be our go to place on Amelia Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt Is AmazingboogernDined on 10/12/2014Salt is what the ultimate dining experience should be.Special Features:
- Food and Service was ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2014As a bonus our table, as most do at Salt, had a view of the ocean through large glass windows. The night we were there the blood moon was visible which added to an already beautiful setting. Not a single morsel was left on any plate of any of our party of six; steak & eggs, lamb T-Bone, rib eye, halibut, veal all good. Shrimp and grits appetizer, recommended by the chef, was the best I ever had. Service was spot on. Attentive but not overbearing. Thanks to Jeff for his recommendations and for outstanding service.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerTwoInLoveVIPDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I had a fantastic anniversary dinner while vacationing in Amelia Island. We cannot wait to go back and dine at this restaurant. Both the food and the service were top natch. We opt out to have the chef's tasting menu and the dishes selected for us, were amazing, nothing I would normally pick for myself. It was my first time eating elk and I loved it.Special Features:
- Even better the second time!RitzrocksDined on 10/3/2014This was our second time to dine at Salt and it was as awesome as the first. I look forward to our next opportunity. The service was second to none and every course was remarkable. The butternut squash soup was a stand out and I highly recommend it. Tasting the intricacies of the different salts with different foods was a great experience, too, and you can purchase them to take home (we bought some ghost pepper salt). I highly recommend Salt!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedFritzDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance lived up to the reputation, the service was excellent, and the food was very good. Everything was worth 1/2 to 3/4 the price.Special Features:
- 5 Star Experience!!luvsaltDined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is perfection! From the food to the service to the ambiance, this is first class all the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant!!MarcusAurelius2Dined on 9/24/2014O.K. it IS the Ritz-Carlton after all. You would expect the best, anyway. Sometimes, when we go to "fancy Restaurants", we would have some spectacular servings. But, there would be, at least, One item that would be not quite as good as the rest of the meal. Here, at Salt, there were no such disappointments. All of the servings were spectacular!Special Features:
- Great food.... uniquedeedeekittyDined on 9/21/2014It was a wonderful meal.... My husband and I both had the Filet and Lobster and 2 Souffle's for dessert... appetizers were limited as were the salads... didn't interest us for the prices. Expensive meal, good meal.... just not sure if it was worth what we paid for it. BUT.... we would go ahead and do it again!!! They really do go above and beyond for special requests and help make occasions extra special. If money is no object and you like getting pampered... Go For It!Special Features:
- Always great food and service.65andmoreDined on 9/18/2014This is my third time to eat at Salt and there is never any reason to be disappointed. The food once again stole the show with fresh flavors presented perfectly and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2014More than outstanding service! Great food, the view and atmosphere - spectacular!!! Thank you Salt for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014When I made the reservation, I told them we were getting married earlier that evening. The whole staff at Salt made us feel very special and welcomed. The food and wine were outstanding, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best meal everbhscaVIPDined on 9/12/2014Must try the chefs adventure...... Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good we went twice in a weekend!MoozerDined on 9/11/2014Fantastic meal, beautifully presented and everyone in our group was happy with their meal! The wait staff is wonderful and accommodating, wish we lived closer. Delicious and inventive from the soup & salads to dessert, can't recommend Salt enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceMissRDined on 9/6/2014We did the Chef's Adventure with some changes (due to my husband suffering from Crohn's). The chef's did provide us with sufficiant dietary meals though. Our server was awkward and slow. We sat without being served for at least 10 minutes before our waitress ventured our way. She was awkward and didn't hardly talk to us and didn't stop by to check on us. She would bring the wine pairings at odd times and not when the new courses were served. For a $300+ meal, I expect top notch service and we didn't receive that at all. Also, while most courses were delicious, the dessert (a Bailey's cake) was dry and bland (and also completely unoriginal as I've had Bailey's cakes and cupcakes several times before). Wouldn't return except for drinksSpecial Features:
- Returning customer10thanniversaryDined on 8/30/2014Excellent meal, wonderful atmosphere. Every detail was done with care. We were happy to share it with our family from out of town. Warm, comfortable and delicious. We especially liked the ahi watermelon appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarfoodieDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I eat fine dining at least once a week so I'd like to think I know fine food as well as service. The food was what I expected..amazing and the plating was just as amazing. The only down fall for us was that all our food was brought out in a rush. There was no down time to rest between courses and when my husband left the table right after our appetizers they brought out both of our main courses. I have never been fine dining where they bring out your food when you are not at the table! So his meal sat there until he returned. The food was great, but would of loved to enjoy everything a little slower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Crazy how good! Food , service , and view! Best meal of the yearSpecial Features:
- TennismanDined on 8/26/2014This was our third time and again found the food excellent, well prepared and appealing. It is a wonderful restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Salt,Jw14Dined on 8/26/2014The food is good and presented is excellent but small portions. The wine selection was good, great for romantic dinner. The chairs need to be replaced as well as the booths you sink too far into them. Nice view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodExceptionalFoodieDined on 8/24/2014Wonderful service, food and ambiance. We celebrated our 10th Anniversary and our server recommended great dishes and desserts. The prawn and tuna appetizers were amazing. My huband had the wagyu beef and I the seafpod parpardelle, both completely sensational! Expensive but food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGDined on 8/23/2014Salt is by far the most outstanding restaurant on Amelia Island. Without a doubt the best food and service that we have ever had.Special Features:
- Fabulous EveningJhillVIPDined on 8/22/2014My dinner at Salt was one of the best meals I have ever had! Everything from the service, to the atmosphere (view of the ocean) and most importantly the delicious food was outstanding! The entire evening was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingrputDined on 8/22/2014always our favorite on the island, pricey but more than worth it. Food and service are superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnersecoastDined on 8/21/2014Great restaurant - especially for special occasions. Had beef tenderloin. Food was absolutely delicious. Great view of Atlantic ocean.Special Features:
- sky1Dined on 8/21/2014starters/salads excellent; main courses of red snapper and rib eye steak unexceptionalSpecial Features:
- Terrific Food with Prices to MatchGarlicVIPDined on 8/19/2014Salt is one of the better restaurants that we have had the pleasure of dining at in 2014. Because it is located in the Ritz Carlton Hotel much of its clientele are guests. The menu is very inviting with many options for all courses. The veal and lamb dishes are outstanding. The seafood pasta is also great. The chef was willing and able to eliminate certain ingredients to deal with food allergies. The soufflés for dessert were also worth doing. We would definitely go back to Salt again when we are in the hotel or the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemEat2Dined on 8/14/2014My wife and I live near salt and have heard stories for some time. We finely made the trip to Amelia Island for our anniversary and we couldn't have been more pleased. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great wedding anniversary meal!10thanniversaryDined on 8/14/2014Salt was an amazing experience. The decor, ocean views and great wait staff made for a sublime time. The food was incredible, right presentation and portions. Tuna tartare... highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy and DeliciousPatsyDined on 8/14/2014Creative menu, delightful entrees and impeccable, caring service! A joy to spend an evening at such a wonderful restaurant. We'll be back for more fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an experienceleahVIPDined on 8/10/2014Must go for a foodie experience. Always fantastic service and an unforgettable meal when doing the chef's adventure. Well worth it.Special Features:
- Lived up to the reputationFoodstalkerDined on 8/5/2014We ate at a couple of great restaurants while on AI, but overall, this was definitely the best dining experience---food, service, view, ambiance. We were celebrating our birthdays and they brought dessert with candles, etc. The heirloom salad --many kinds of tomatoes--was incredible and that would have been enough, but the steak and eggs with hot stone cooking station at the table was over the top. My wife's sea bass was also to die for. Though you are in a resort town, I agree that you should dress for a meal like this---while most men adhered to the collar, slacks, shoes code, a guy sitting next to us had on jeans and a bad hawaiian shirt---oh well. Overall--a great experience and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Amelia Island DiningCaptainDined on 8/5/2014This was our second trip to Ritz-Carlton...this time with two young grand daughters. We make this our destination specifically to eat at Salt. The experience was fun for both my wife and I but more importantly this time for the wonderful welcome the girls got and the fine service they received at table. They know how to behave and we were proud of them; but they were treated as "ladies" by the restaurant staff...just as we had hoped and expected.Special Features:
- Top-Notch Dining on Amelia IslandJohnDined on 8/3/2014Amazing food with terrific service. Best place to dine on Amelia Island. Creative dishes with amazing ingredients and unbeatable service make it worth the money. High-end oceanfront dining is hard to find, but they have it here.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!ScoopVIPDined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I had the chefs tasting menu with the wine pairing. It was one of the best meals I have ever had. Very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above averagess2ueDined on 8/2/2014This was our 3rd year. The service is superb and truly a dining experience. Having a view of the water/beach is always a plus, if available. The requested dress code gives the restaurant an upscale experience. Enjoyable food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt??Private2IVIPDined on 8/1/2014Salt opened our eyes to the variety of salt. The meal was very high quality. The 4 types of salt was an eye-opening experience about how various highly flavored salts can make bread explode with flavor! Wonderful!!. For service, our only criticism is that the Chef would not allow us to order without including our desert option with during the main course. Therefore, we declined. When i tried to order an appetizer (salad) while deciding on the main course, we were also told that the Chef only would allow one order that included the appetizer or salad. Honestly, it's a bit more Kitchen Patrol than is reasonable for the size of the bill at the end of the meal . . . come on, lighten up a bit, yet keep the fantastic salty edge.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Just a great dining experience. Everything was well done and they'd made note of the reservation requests I'd made. Will be back.Special Features:
- Relaxing with Classss2ueDined on 7/31/2014This was our third visit to "The Rita-Carlton Amelia Island"-Salt, The Grill How nice to find a restaurant that will still require appropriate dress attire out of respect for all the patrons and the staff. You look around and know your patronage is going to be appreciated and service will be excellent. The view of the beach and water were both calming and enjoyable. Our server was always close by to see to our every need. We save a chance to enjoy a cold martini when dining out, they never seem to taste the same at home. Salt always exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.