210 N. Main St.
McAllen, TX 78501Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltnewamericantable.com/
- Phone: (956) 627-6304
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Larry Delgado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from SALT
SALT-New American Table, brought to you by the owners of McAllen’s house.wine & bistro., Chef Larry Delgado and his lovely wife Jessica Delgado. The chef driven menu features local, organic and sustainable products, and a full service bar that boast beautiful, boutique wines, craft beers, and high end spirits!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SALT reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always a fun time at Salt!LindaDined on 11/15/2014Love the food, and love the design/decor even more...always our pick for a date night or special dinner with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EDDocDined on 11/7/2014Outstanding food and service. Wait staff was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent highly recommended ..BigRedDined on 11/6/2014Try the fried chicken...:-) the Mac n chesse is awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAndyODined on 11/1/2014Never thought that McAllen had a restaurant like this, it was quite a surprise! Food was exquisite! Congratulations to Mando for the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceMCantu84Dined on 10/31/2014The moment you walk in, the host is greeting you with a warm smile and making you feel comfortable and welcome. The decor is a minimalist approach, simple but sophisticated. The ambience is vibrant and the view to the kitchen is energizing. The servers are very knowledgable with the entrees and wines. What really surprised me is their beer selection. They had several microbreweries and the servers were knowledgeable with the beers and even suggested food pairings with the beers. My wife had the flank steak which was tender and flavorful. I had the magret de canard, cooked a perfect medium and the cherry compote really balanced the dish. Hidden gem using fresh local RGV ingredients. Overall it was a great dining experience. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HCoronadoDined on 10/28/2014Once again, a pleasant dinning experience. This time went with clients from Canada and they were highly impressed by the courtesy of everyone from the hostess; Anna, the always nice manager; Criselda, our server; and the rest of the wait staff. Oh, I almost forgot to say that everyone was absolutely satisfied by the quality and presentation of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Registered Dietitianiv62Dined on 10/27/2014I don't know what all the fuss is about with the restaurant Salt, not impressed.Special Features:
- UnexpectedMendelDined on 10/22/2014Very Good Surprise in terms of the Menu Offering as well as food Quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Great dinner and excellent attention by the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We dined here for my father's birthday dinner and it was soooo amazing! Loved every bit of our experience. We will definitely come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Larry and Jessica have created a wonderful place to enjoy an evening. The service and food are great.Special Features:
- Yum!LanieDined on 10/4/2014We had a delicious evening at Salt! Our meal was wonderful, and our server Criselda helped us pick out a great wine. We look forward to going back. If you are a true foodie you might enjoy sitting at the dining bar where you can watch the meals being prepared. We had heard that it gets loud, but we went early, and the noise level was fine.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Server recommended a beer pairing with an appetizer that was spot on. I will definitely recommend to friends and family. Noise level was a little loud but cozy for a private conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I was very happy with all aspects of the night at Salt. I recommend it to anyone looking to have a great night out.Special Features:
- amazing food and servicejmolina1Dined on 9/13/2014Great atmosphere. Great service. Wife loved it. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One word: Perfection!woodbrick1Dined on 9/6/2014Thank you for a wonderful and memorable experience. From the food to the staff to the ambiance...you have perfected the formula to a terrific overall dining experience. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!!TandMDined on 9/6/2014Monique made sure that we had the perfect experience. The Chefs entertained us and made sure we got to taste the real flavors of Salt.Special Features:
- Great but as pretentious as can be!KalirickVIPDined on 9/3/2014I found it interesting that this small town had the most pretentious restaurant with which I have ever had the pleasure dining. I'm from the LA area and are in Beverly Hills so that says a lot. Still, I have no complaints about this place and even went back the next day. Food was both unique and excellent and the service is great. Recommend getting a seat by the back bar next to the kitchen were you just feet away from the kitchen staff. Makes for an interesting evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!Al0004Dined on 8/29/2014Great food! Great service! Going back next week to meet friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Group of us celebrated friends birthdays and this was our first time at Salt. Was a fine dining but casual and warm experience. Service was top notch and wait ALL staff was really friendly. Only suggestion is that they get better tables for large groups. We were a group of 7 and the ones sitting in the middle had to contend with 2 table legs between their legs. Not comfortable especially for women. Otherwise, we had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingwaitingDined on 8/15/2014We had an amazing dinner. Staff was great and we couldn't have had a better dining experience anywhere else.Special Features:
- DisappointedOctmejiaDined on 8/14/2014First time there and we did not expect that much noise.even the hostess said she often has this complaint Food was vey good but I like to have dinner in a place that we can have a conversation with out having to raise our voices.
- awardDined on 8/14/2014The quail appetizer, pork chop, pork shank, and scallops were all commendable. We had 3 different desserts and they all are better than they sound on paper. The server was well intended but needs to relax a little. The originality and skill in the dishes is quite impressive. We're looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Excellent foodNHSSDined on 8/12/2014McAllen's hottest new restaurant has luscious food from its award winning chef. The best place to sit is at the chef's bar, where you can watch the chef's team in action, chat with them and even sample some of the goodies they're preparing. The servings are so generous that not one of us finished our food the last time I was there.Special Features:
- dhjzDined on 8/11/2014Great food as always, a "not from here" restaurant, what you do when you travel to a major city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zeemanazeeDined on 8/7/2014The complete experience was out of this planet. We sat at chef's table and it added authenticity to the meal. Good martini, excellent dessesrt, and service was great. Will be going back often. Thanks for being there, SALTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaltTexasfoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014Good food, great drinks, poor choice of salads only two on menu and service was a bit slow for drinks . Would have liked to see more fish options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTexaspeach10Dined on 8/2/2014Great food and drinks. The only thing I would change is the water that is served. Other not so fancy restaurants have RO water and it's so much better. Will definetly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014First trip to this restaurant. Special occasion for my wife and I. Sat at the chef's bar and had a great experience. Service was prompt and efficient without being intrusive. Great watching the whole cooking team in the kitchen, and being offered a sample of a couple of appetizers that we had not ordered was a bonus. My wife and I had a special request on what we ordered and the chef talked to us about it briefly to make sure he got it right, which he did. Overall a very nice evening, and we will definitely go back. Only odd thing was that I got charged $2 for having my bourbon on the rocks. First time I've ever had that happen. But, that's just a small oddity in an otherwise pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eochoaDined on 8/2/2014Food and service were awesome. Have a variety of salts (that's why they are called SALT) on the table as condiments for your food. Pork Chop is to die for. The "smoked" salt I added to the pork chop created a whole other flavor profile and depth to the chop. We were seven diners. All ordered a different plate. From the Chop, to the pork shank, to the fried chicken, to the flounder, everyone said their plate was "memorable". The pork belly lettuce wraps were also a hit at our table.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingCocoV1VIPDined on 8/1/2014Had a bird's eye view of EVERYTHING that came out of the kitchen. It was all gorgeous, perfectly plated, and everything we ate was delish! Second time there and I will put it on my list to visit every time I go to McAllen. Seriously, not a bad thing on the menu. The staff is great, they will explain to you what things are and they even brought out a lime to show me since I had never seen it before. Go with an appetite--you will want to taste it all.Special Features:
- overall good experiencemiguelovskyDined on 7/26/2014Good overall, food was delicious, though disparate in portions, 2 of us got plates that we just barely got through half of them, two got a plate that they finished in 5 minutes. Just mind the portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing fried chicken breast!!!!!!!Mbezzy90Dined on 7/26/2014The best resturaunt in McAllen. The service was outstanding. Appetizers were delicious! We ordered the pork belly lettuce wraps. Then the drinks were the great.... And now the best fried chicken breast I have ever had!!!! I can't wait to go back! Such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantHCoronadoDined on 7/25/2014As soon as you cross the entrance, you feel welcome by attentive staff, seating at the Chef's table is a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsWithaChiantiDined on 7/24/2014We didn't know what to expect other than the comments we had received about the place. Better than we thought, the food, service and experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly priced for what you get.KfoodieDined on 7/24/2014SALT was a unique dining experience that had good food and had a good wine/alcoholic beverage list. Service was great. I did enjoy my plate but I and others in my party feel we could have had more bang for our buck. I did not drink any alcohol which is the primary beverage of choice there. I drank water which in disappointment was tap. I just feel for the price it was just O.K. If I want to go get great food for that price, hands down House Wine (their other restaurant) takes the cake! I can't say I will choose this place to eat at again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat at the Chef's counterBadBoy2Dined on 7/22/2014We watched with amazement the three chef's work together making delicious food and it is shocking to see the amount and quality of food these three people put out. I use to own a restaurant and if I had three chef's like this, I would probably still own it.Special Features:
- WaitersEnnfy684Dined on 7/21/2014Our waiter was not as attentive. I literally had to get up to find a napkin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieluvDined on 7/21/2014Great food/cocktails, great ambiance, great service! Made for a nice birthday celebration :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raj's ReviewEZ24GETDined on 7/19/2014Fantastic!! One of the best restaurants in McAllen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.