Salt Creek Grille - Princeton
1 Rockingham Row
Princeton, NJ 08540Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Salt Creek Grille - Princeton
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltcreekgrille.com/
- Phone: 6094194200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: Lunch: 11:30 AM Dinner: 4:00 PM Sunday: Lunch and Specialty Breakfast Items Served from 11:00 to 3:00 PM Dinner: 3:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Fabian Quiros
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please inquire with Catering Manager, Robert Strasser, regarding catering opportunities. (609) 419-4200
- Entertainment: Live Jazz featured Wednesday thru Saturday evenings. Please check our website for jazz entertainment listings.
- Special Events: Please inquire with a Manager regarding booking opportunities.
A word from Salt Creek Grille - Princeton
Think rustic meets sophisticated casual at Salt Creek Grille @ Princeton Forrestal Village along U.S. Route 1 next to the Westin Princeton Hotel. If you're looking for relaxed, upscale dining -- it's time to experience Salt Creek Grille. The award winning Salt Creek Grille features mesquite grilled hand-cut steaks, fresh Pacific seafood, tangy barbeque ribs and Zagat Guide's acclaimed "Best Pork Chop on the planet." Signature salads, hearty pasta dishes and juicy half-pound burgers also accompany the classic menu. An extensive wine list perfectly complements the classic American fare. Enjoy a relaxed, yet sophisticated dining experience in a unique and traditional "craftsman" style architecture. Enjoy private parties, live jazz, or relax by one of our cozy outdoor fireplaces. Critics agree that Salt Creek Grille is, "A restaurant for all reasons in all seasons." Come experience Salt Creek Grille's hospitality and impressive offerings that are the talk of the town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salt Creek Grille - Princeton reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sandy is no match for AshleyAndySVIPDined on 10/28/2012What better way to prepare for Hurricane Sandy than half priced happy hour wines and great service from Ashley...She is always so friendly and makes you feel welcome. We had apps and wine while watching the onset of the weather and enjoying football. The fireplaces add to the ambience. This place sits in the Westin Princeton parking lot and was loaded with folks escaping their beach houses, Ashley gave them a small escape...Great ServiceSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Wines and AshleyAndySVIPDined on 10/21/2012Never had Ashley as a bartender before but like Pat, Michael, Chad and Taylor before her she joins a list of Salt Creeks All Stars...The service was great. The reason to visit Salt Creek is really the best wine list locally and they are so smart in offering a half price bottle and a half price glass night. On top of that half price wine for happy hour seven days a week....good stuff...Ok the negative, they recently changed the menu and the "new" chips are not as good as the old, and with a bar area that big and vibrant, please owners listen to your bartenders...WE NEED BETTER TAPAS/APP section of the menu...Yes Salt Creek is a wonderful steakhouse that I love, but your bar takes up 33% of the building...we like appsSpecial Features:
- Loud, Burnt, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012We won't be back EVER. Extremely LOUD, overpriced, below average food. The only reason I gave it fair was because the server did a good job. My salad had way too much dressing on it, I couldn't eat it. My crabcakes were served burnt, I ate one because I didn't want to eat my dinner after my companion. The other I sent back. The chocolate souffle was dry and nothing special.Save your money, try someplace else.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012We have been to the Salt Creek Grill on a number of occassions. This time it was to celebrate my birthday thanks to the addition of a birthday gift from the resturant. Our server Rachael was very good and attentive. Food is always consistant and prepared as to your liking. My only negative continues to be the noise level in the resturant, which seems a bit loud for a somewhat itimate setting.
- Always take clients here whengillyopussVIPDined on 10/11/2012Always take clients here when on business. Consistently good food. I got short ribs which were delicious and my dining partners both got Seabass special which was beautiful or so they said. They make excellent Cosmo's if you like drinks and never a disappointing dessert. Great location for me since my office is nearby. Love this place.Special Features:
- I wish I could remember ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012I wish I could remember our servers name...she is an outstanding server! She's extremely professional, informative and attentive and I feel she should be working at a 5 star restaurant. However, my ahi tuna dinner was not outstanding. I could not finish my meal and had it returned. Our server mentioned that it was suppose to be served as a cold meal but I could tell that it was a frozen fish because the center was very cold and had a freezer flavor to it. The tabouli, yogurt sauce and spinach were delicious. I also ordered the goat cheese salad which I would order again. After returning my fish I wish our server never removed my remaining salad from our table...I would have finished it.Special Features:
- I was actually a little disappointeMajqueen53Dined on 9/22/2012I was actually a little disappointed after hearing so many accolades about this place. I ordered the pecan and pear salad. there were just a smattering of pecans and small pieces of unripe tasteless pears. Not crazy about the the goat cheese in phyllo on top of the salad. added 4 medium shrimp which brought the salad to a pricey $20.
- just ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/21/2012great looking menu with huge portions but the actual quality of the food is just so-so. i've been there a few times b/c the location is so convenient to my office and there aren't a ton of options within a 5 minute drive. every time, i walk away feeling incredibly full but not very satisfied.Special Features:
- We used Salt Creek for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2012We used Salt Creek for a business dinner, and we sat 6 people in a booth comfortably. Waiter was efficient. Menu was OK. I had the small filet mignon medium rare, and it was prepared to my liking. Wine by the glass was 1/2 price, but I got the impression that full price would be pricy for the quality. Overall dining experience was good.Special Features:
- We have been going to SaltOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012We have been going to Salt Creek Grille in Rumson for yrs. First time in Princeton and it was just as nice.Special Features:
- Wait staff are all well trainedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2012Wait staff are all well trained and friendly, especially Natalie. They are knowledgeable about the menu. The braised beef is excellent and the Ahi Tuna sandwich is far beyond the competition.Special Features:
- Total DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012This was my first visit to Salt Creek Grille in Princeton. I thought it would be closer than traveling to the Salt Creek Grill in Rumson, which I loved when I previously dined there. I was disappointed with the ambiance, the service, and the food. Never will I be venturing there again.
- Our server was very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2012Our server was very attentive. We had a large group and she made sure to check back with the refills of our drinks and if we had additional needs without being prompted. Food was very good as well and plentiful or lunch. Our out of town guests were very pleased.
- I was entertaining for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2012I was entertaining for business and my group was coming from various points (local hotel, direct from Philadelphia airport, etc). While the policy is not to seat the group until the entire party is there, I asked if those who were there could sit and order appetizers and drinks while we waited. The hostess had to receive special permission (she should have been empowered to help the customer) and the waitress made a snide comment about the entire party finally being there so she could review the specials. It wasn't like the rest of the party was very late - they sat half the party about 15 minutes earlier than the reservation and the rest of the party was there at the reservation time.Special Features:
- Great food, but a bit noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012Great food, but a bit noisy. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Always Great ServiceAndySVIPDined on 9/5/2012I can't tell you how much I appreciate going somewhere that has a half price wine night and a list worthy of exploring multiple options. Taylor was our server out on the patio, she has waited on us before and her personality is worth requesting. We try to come in at least once a week and consistantly good food, good wine and great service go a long way.Special Features:
- Good, but not spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/2/2012Good, but not spectacular food at fairly high pricesSpecial Features:
- Fantastic food as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2012Fantastic food as always. The pear and goat cheese salad is delicious. Great service. Live bands on many weekend nights.Special Features:
- Stay away from this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2012The place is cold, non inviting, and the food is terrible. Appetizers were greasy and tasteless and the meat was over cooked. Not good at all.
- You've never had a good caesarOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2012You've never had a good caesar salad until you've had the one at the Salt Creek Grille. It is amazing. They grill the romaine and the presentation is just beautiful.Special Features:
- Food expertly prepared, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012Food expertly prepared, our server Angie was a delight, offering expert suggestions from drinks to appetizers. Wanted a spot for a great night out, and was glad we found it at your restaurant.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/25/2012The bar was very good and ample for large groups. The calamari appetizer was great. However, the entrees were not as good as we would have liked. My husband had the beef filet ragout and he said it was not tasty. I had the petit filet which I requested medium and was rare (but OK). The reduction tasted burnt. In general the portions were a good size and the food was hot. Service was ok.
- We haven't been to Salt CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2012We haven't been to Salt Creek Grill in a while and were pleased to have the pleasant experience we've had in the past. The portions are hefty but also distinctive and delicious. I had the roasted vegetable wrap with sweet potato fries and loved every bite. My husband had a burger with gorgonzola and regular fries, which he enjoyed. He also had a grilled caesar salad, an usual but delicious take on that favorite. We were lucky to be at Salt Creek Grill on a Wednesday to take advantage of their half price wine by the glass special, so we had two quality red wines for half price. Two small caveats, the building has a very high ceiling, so the noise level can be distracting. Also, not too much for vegetarians to choose from.Special Features:
- We had a good time and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2012We had a good time and were offered a side room so we would not have noise of main room. As we were ole friends getting together, the side room offered us the opportunity to catch up. It was appreciated.Special Features:
- Went for dinner on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Went for dinner on a Sunday night with family, was very empty and quiet compared to my experience dining there during the week. Despite being empty service was a bit slow but passable. Even though restaurant was empty hostess refused to seat us until the entire party arrived. Food was excellent as always.
- Salt Creek has a nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Salt Creek has a nice atmosphere. The service and food were very good. The only downside to the experience was that the band (who performs on Friday and Saturday nights) was very loud and made it difficult to carry on a conversation.... and by the way... our table was relatively far from the band.Special Features:
- We were able to take our timemmmgoodDined on 8/4/2012We were able to take our time for the meal, which we loved, and they had a jazz band there playing which made it fun and very nice. It is a beautiful, warm kind of place, especially at night, and our meal, with a bottle of wine and dessert, was very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The food was very good. AOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012The food was very good. A jazz band was playing in the bar, but it was very loud in the other dining areas making it a little difficult to have dinner conversation and hear Pur waiter tell us about the specials.Special Features:
- Culinary Excellence and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Excellent food, knowledgeable waitstaff, and the chef can accommodate special orders off the menu (provided ingredients are available). All food is very fresh-tasting and portions are appropriate (though we did end up taking some home). We are repeat customers over the last 3-4 years and will be returning.Special Features:
- I was a little disappointedJasminDined on 7/21/2012I was a little disappointed with the food. Also, my drink (mojito) felt watered down. For $12 per drink, i expected better.Special Features:
- beautiful place, good menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012beautiful place, good menu, very overpriced. burgers are best deal during happy hour
- Come Back to Open Table PleaseAndySVIPDined on 7/15/2012I miss them on Open Table, I go here at least once a week...Miss my points...Ashley and Taylor in the bar area ROCK
- It was our first date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012It was our first date night it after the birth of our daughter and we were looking for something special. We found it here. The food was amazing and the service impeccable. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- very pedestrian, despite effortsJDinDCVIPDined on 7/12/2012very pedestrian, despite efforts to step it up a notch.
- Menu has changed and has becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2012Menu has changed and has become more expensive. They took price fix off (entree and 2 sides) the menu which we used to take advantage of. Would like a price fix combo to be added in future.Special Features:
- Damon dish was prepared wellopinionDined on 7/7/2012Damon dish was prepared well with just the right amount of spice and citrus. Would recommend the cheese plate as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Great SaladsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2012Had a business meeting here. Salads were delicious.Special Features:
- It's been a year since our71GriffinVIPDined on 6/30/2012It's been a year since our last visit. We have always been impressed with the looks and the energy at Salt Creek. But in the end, when you are going out for dinner, it's about the food. And the food doesn't cut it, especially at prices at the higher end. Out of the four dinners we were served, one was rated very good. The other three were only fair. The ahi tuna, which I order out a lot, came with awful spices. It's a great bar scene and a attractive restaurant, but until the food gets better, I don't think we will be back for dinner. Almost forgot, the service was very good.Special Features:
- My favorite lunch place.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012My company is in walking distance to the Salt Creek Grille and we walk there whenever someone mentions going out for lunch. It is spectacular. I especially love the Caesar Salad.Special Features:
- Always busy with deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Always busy with delicious food and generally good service.Special Features: