Salt Creek Grille - Dana Point
32802 Pacific Coast Hwy
Dana Point, CA 92629Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Salt Creek Grille - Dana Point
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltcreekgrille.com/
- Phone: 9496617799x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Green
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Salt Creek Grille offers a selection of charming private rooms available for your business or social holiday parties. Enjoy your own, personalized event menus with our famous mesquite grilled cuisine! Relax with our on-site professional event coordinators to execute your event requests with gracious & friendly service. Contact Helen McClaire for inquires and availability (949) 661-7799 ext.123
- Private Party Contact: Helen McClaire 8779257450
- Entertainment: We feature entertainment four nights a week. Acoustic with vocals Wednesday and Thursday from 6:30pm - 9:30pm, and from 7:30pm - 10:30pm Fridays and Saturdays in our Bar / Lounge area.
A word from Salt Creek Grille - Dana Point
Come enjoy for yourselves, the Salt Creek Grille experience! Signature mesquite grilled menu items paired with gracious, friendly service in a comfortable, yet sophisticated atmosphere. Now is the opportunity to experience the reinvention of our fresh, farm to table menu complimented by Salt Creek Grille's original classic menu favorites!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salt Creek Grille - Dana Point reviews from OpenTable diners
- Thanksgiving turkey dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving turkey dinner was horrible. The dressing and potatoes were very bland. Normally, the food is very good.Special Features:
- Thanks for the very enjoyableSavydinerDined on 9/23/2012Thanks for the very enjoyable evening ! Food was a terrific : )Special Features:
- Salt Creek Grille - not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012Decor - tired. Food - only fair. Service - excellent.
- Had a great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2012Had a great birthday celebration here. Susie was an outstanding server, very pleasant, kind and was very accommodating to a group with some special needs. Food was good, not spectacular, but good- a nice variety on the menu but not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Our server was Brittney. SheRickyracerDined on 9/21/2012Our server was Brittney. She did a great job and was very attentive. My wife had the Hanger Steak and I had the Short Ribs. We both enjoyed our choices. We ha a traditional caesar which they will prepare but is not on the menu. Our appetizer was the new to the menu calamari fritti. It was good not great. We ordered the soufflé which is always a great finish to a meal. We brought our own wine and the corkage was very reasonable. Overall, again it was a great meal with excellent service.Special Features:
- Food was average at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2012Food was average at best. Service was horrible! Was there for my wife's 30th birthday and only got 1 drink refill. The whole night.Special Features:
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012First time using OpenTable to make a reservation. Our reservation was at 7:45, arrived at 7:45 and was seated immediately, WOW!. Food, service and ambiance were all outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent special prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2012Excellent special prime rib which we shared-- since we are seniors and do not eat as much. Very pleased for the NO SPLIT FEE!!! Service, wine, and meal all perfect.Special Features:
- Think twiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012Expensive for small plates Brunch menu changed and is not good You'd wait staff....not goodSpecial Features:
- We were disappointed on severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We were disappointed on several levels - no outside dining, no dinner menu on a Saturday. I won't come back. If you want to accept private parties - do that. It was no fun being sidelined for the special event. Ours was a special event, too, but it certainly wasn't at all special.
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012Great food, great service! (as always) We got right in with our reservation!Special Features:
- Service got a 3 because theyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/7/2012Service got a 3 because they were really poor at preparing a meal for someone with food allergies. They also got another order wrong in our group.
- Sad Happy Hour-Good Service InsideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2012Happy hour service was non existent... tried for 15 minutes to get service. Also asked three times for check so we could transition into dining room. Guy working the bar was not friendly and acted put out by trying to order food for happy hour. At that point I would have left, but it was my dad's birthday. We went into eat in the main dining area and our experience changed for the better. We had great service from a friendly server. I wish I could remember her name. She split the entrees for my parents and the presentation was great. Plenty of food... and nice service. So... the night ended up much better.Special Features:
- Our first time to this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/5/2012Our first time to this restaurant. Great food, service, nice staff. Big bar area. Want to come back and try out bar.Special Features:
- The food is great and oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012The food is great and one of my friends said it was the "Best" chopped saled he had ever had, and he has traveled the world. Service was a little slow and they wereb't busy but we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- First time at the Salt CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012First time at the Salt Creek Grille. Sat out on the patio. Dinner was excellent. The service was great. The wine list was extensive. The martinis were outstanding. Overall, one of the best dining experiences I have had in quite a while.Special Features:
- Great prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/2/2012The food was very good. Several in our party wanted the prime rib special which included the salad and when they didn't have enough prime rib they extended the salad offer to what we did order.Special Features:
- Dinner as always was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2012Dinner as always was outstanding. Service was horrible. Not our waiter- he kept apologizing for the slowness of the bar and the kitchen. It took at least 10 minutes to get drinks. The only thing that saved the evening was great food
- We sat on the patio and itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012We sat on the patio and it was a bit loud as a party was going on. The waitress missed a complete dinner order so we all had to share our dinner with the left out order. She wasn't very professional about taking care of the problem. Food was very good and quick to come out.Special Features:
- Had a great meal, good wineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Had a great meal, good wine and fun dancing. Loved the band!Special Features:
- Keep an eye on the ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012Reservered through Open Table and indicated that it was Aunts b-day. Resturant never offerd anything. We ordered a bottle of wine from our server and next thing the manager brought 4 glasses. Uncle was upset, so we ended up with the bottle-plus four glass which ended up costed me twice the amount and never drank the other, so it was wastful and costly. The manager should have from his own mistake should have taken the four galssed back and brought us the bottle like we ordered. Food was just okay luke warm. Service was good. Just disappointed that we drove over 70 miles one way and was pushed off to a table next to out-door patio with lot of in/out traffic.
- I am a foodieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Was my first time. Although I really did have a nice time, I felt the food was a bit pricy... N I am a foodie too.Special Features:
- Make a reservation!lagunatic345VIPDined on 8/17/2012This mid-week summer evening, I reserved our 7:30 table at 5 that same evening and glad I did. Walk-ins were told they would have a 1 to 2 hour wait, while we were immediately seated. The food offerings are simple but consistently very satisfying. The very active bar scene, with live music, is comfortably separated from the main dining area so the noise level is fine. Somehow the this is able to offer everything to everyone; a great place for a family dinner, a romantic evening out, or just relaxing with friends.Special Features:
- This was our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012This was our first experience at a Saltcreek grill and it was very enjoyable. The food was excellent. The next time we are in the Dana Point area we will diffently be eating at the Saltcreek grill again.Special Features:
- Nice SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2012Went for a nice Sunday brunch and was pleased with the food selection. Bottomless champagne and mimosas are always a plus. Service was attentive and friendly. I will have to return and try lunch or dinner some day.Special Features:
- Try the SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012Excellent food, somewhat overpriced. We had a salmon special that was the best we have ever had.
- Had the Hanger Steak specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Had the Hanger Steak special and it was fantastic.
- A gem in Dana Point!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We were looking for a nice restaurant online with gluten free options. The Salt Creek Grille was one that popped up and had good reviews so we booked a table. We arrived and they had complimentary valet parking, which was a nice little perk. We went in and were seated right away. Our waitress was very nice and she suggested some great options for dinner. The gluten free options were very visble and there were many options for me unlike most restaurants. The food was amazing!! I opted for the stuffed salmon and my husband had the coffee encrusted new york steak. They were both generously sized and cooked perfectly. There was a large nice outdoor area that we saw with cozy couches and it looked very romantic. We will return again and again!Special Features:
- Great sea bass. The coffeeLenQuintaDined on 8/9/2012Great sea bass. The coffee steak offering was very good.Special Features:
- Very nice experience, we willOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2012Very nice experience, we will go back as the menu has a number of very interesting items.Special Features:
- Busy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2012Good & bad. The good: valet service (excellent), food (very good), waitress (excellent). The bad: bartender (first martini had bubbles & was definitely not vodka, second was a short pour), toooo long a wait for food (waitress knew & kept offering bread). Will I go back: not for a long time.Special Features:
- I brought a friend from L.A.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2012I brought a friend from L.A. that is a very picky eater and she loved the healthy choice menu. She wants to come back down and for that I am grateful!Special Features:
- Great service - Monday isOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2012Great service - Monday is half-price wine night - great value. King salmon special was excellent as was the new york steak. Love the open kitchen.Special Features:
- Customer service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Customer service was outstanding - from the host to the server to the busers - everyone was friendly, courteous & professional. We had a reservation for my parents' anniversary & everyone went out of their way to make sure it was perfect. The food was also just the cherry to top off the perfect evening. I've been raving about it ever since.Special Features:
- Oh my Gosh!!!!! we were aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Oh my Gosh!!!!! we were a party of nine and had the BEST TIME ever!!! We danced with people we didn't even know and our waiter was the best sever to our empty table because we were dancing thru appetizers, sat to order, dancing again, ate the best food and you guessed it, dancing. He brought out Bday cakes, there were 2. We were sorry to end our evening. We have been telling people since. The Best spot Salt Creek Grille. Thank you so much for a fantastic evening. We will be back weekly with more friends and family.Special Features:
- Expensive for the qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2012Expensive for the quality of the food and portion sizes. Feel the outdoor patio is the draw as well as the music.Special Features:
- Gluten free menu we great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012The food was amazing. They have a pretty extensive gluten free menu. This was why we chose salt creek in the first place. We ended up with the smoked albacore salad and as an appetizer and the filet with blue cheese. Complimentary valet parking was very nice.Special Features:
- Good time...disappointed thatburtDined on 7/14/2012Good time...disappointed that they did not offer us a complimentary desert since they were aware of my wife and I celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andmeesh55Dined on 7/14/2012The food was delicious and service was wonderful...it was very noisy is my only complaint.Special Features:
- THE NOISE (AND WE WERE SITTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012THE NOISE (AND WE WERE SITTING VERY FAR FROM THE BAR) WAS SO HIGH THAT IT WAS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CARRY ON A CONVERSATION.