SALT - Boulder
1047 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SALT - Boulder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltthebistro.com/
- Phone: 303-444-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table
A word from SALT - Boulder
The philosophy at SALT is simple; a belief that the best food travels the shortest distance from farm to table, that menus should change with the seasons and that the locally sourced ingredients, combined with European technique and innovative thinking make for a truly remarkable experience. Chef Bradford Heap and his staff have made a commitment to source local, organic and fresh ingredients whenever possible. The menu reflects this mind-set, simple, yet elegant and delicious. The wines, while sourced all over the world offer our guests some classic profiles, while introducing them to some new and exciting choices as well as a pre-prohibition cocktails with a twist. Approachable, but sophisticated. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SALT - Boulder - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
SALT - Boulder reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (55)hot spot (54)special occasion (47)romantic (34)great for lunch (31)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (26)good for groups (25)great for brunch (19)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I had heard great things about SALT, so I was sadly disappointed when the food was just mediocre and the service was slow, slow, slow. If our bill ended up being $60, I wouldn't be complaining. However, the price tag does not match the quality. I recently moved from the East coast, where great restaurants were abundant, and I just haven't found one of the same quality yet in Boulder.Special Features:
- Beware! Ignore Menus on Internet!JamesDined on 9/27/2014I was excited to try SALT because the lunch menus on the Internet were very appealing. The menu we had last Saturday was totally different - a typical Sunday brunch menu with lots of egg dishes and only one salad. I found nothing that appealed to me on that menu. I had a chicken sandwich which was okay and excellent coleslaw, but nothing to rave about. Service and atmosphere was very good.
- Nice experienceCatDVMVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food was great and the service was so so as it was somewhat inattentive and the server did not know much about the details of the itemsSpecial Features:
- FantasticTravelingDinerDined on 9/22/2014Eat here frequently. Food and service are outstanding. If you are gluten free they make their own bread that is GF and are one of the most accommodating restaurants I have ever been to in helping you with this.Special Features:
- Awesome the 2nd Time AroundJudythefoodieDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I tried Salt last June and now our daughter and I enjoyed the best food around. We each had a vegetable tasting and a watermelon and feta cheese salad. We shared both. Then we had pasta and gnochi. So simple and really tasty. Thanks for providing a wonderful restaurant. Oh and we also had the carrot cake. So good. Thanks for the great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- penjoDined on 9/21/2014Visited before, the food is consistently great. I always recommend to out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTriciaDined on 9/20/2014Its good food but not the outstanding food that everyone says it is. I'm sure you could find better food at the same price point. Wouldn't wait 2 hrs for a table there. Should have listened to the 78% on Urbanspoon.Special Features:
- Excellent!cynthiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014It's simply awesome if you like fresh, whole, creative food.Special Features:
- Great first timeNyliramYarDined on 9/16/2014We have eaten a number of times at Colterra and have heard about Salt but this was our first time there. The food was excellent and the service very good, with the only "negative" being that our waitress was also serving two larger groups, but, considering that, she did a very good job. The noise level question didn't have a step for "loud" which it definitely was. That would be my only problem with Salt; however, I know that is how all hip places are today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food20ellu03Dined on 9/13/2014Two levels in this restaurant. We were seated in the lower level which is much smaller and quieter. Upstairs is very energetic and louder. Food is creative, locally sourced and excellent. Had the peach bruschetta with prosciutto, mascarpone cheese - fabulous! My husband had the fresh made gnocchi and I had the fresh swordfish - both of which were excellent. They had a creative cocktail offering - sort of a la carte- don't know if this is strictly a seasonal offering. Many choices - again using fresh basil, rhubarb etc.Special Features:
- Fun restaurantDrmickjrVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy a meal at SALT, recognizing it is not fine dining, just good to very good food and wine in a funky setting. Eating there on a Saturday night in beautiful Fall weather is just plain enjoyable. Our server was knowledgeable and enthusiastic, not always the case in Colorado, where service can be highly erratic in the vast majority of restaurants, even the top rated ones.Special Features:
- Exceeded Expectations!PastrasayVIPDined on 9/10/2014We chose SALT on a last minute whim, and were stunned at everything from the service to the food! It was hands down one of the best meal's we have had in 2014. I give SALT 10 stars! :DSpecial Features:
- Great FoodKevinDined on 9/7/2014First time - great food with combinations that were very tasty. Good service as well.Special Features:
- Always a treat!EatingRightDined on 9/6/2014I have dined here on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptJonFDined on 9/6/2014Everything about SALT met my expectations. Very busy on the night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outtastyfoodDined on 9/6/2014SALT had a wonderful list of entrees and starters to choose from. Not too many options so that you were drowned in the details. But something for most everyone. My wife and I shared the Peach Bruschetta which was fantastic. My wife then had the salmon while I had the tuna. Unfortunately my tuna came out overcooked and I didn't feel like sending it back. I could tell it wasn't a systemic problem since the next table over had a properly seared piece. Overall the service was great and we will definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Salt is a worthy successorolddocjonesDined on 8/26/2014Salt is a worthy successor to Tom's Tavern, whose space it occupies and which it acknowledges by leaving the brick wall signage in place and by serving a Tom's Tavern burger. The food is excellent and the service impeccable. Our server yesterday, Jeromy, did a first-rate job. They also know how to prepare a proper cup of tea, a rarity even in better restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be Missed!!FLBunnyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Terrific food and great atmosphere in the heart of the city! Dine outside to experience the great spot for people watching!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyDined on 8/24/2014Very friendly,interesting food selection,good service,; would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine experiencejuniebug1Dined on 8/23/2014This is our third experience at SALT and we have yet to be disappointed. Great food, great attentive service, great wine.....the flavors are fabulous. One of our favorites. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTravelingDinerDined on 8/22/2014Great food and service. In particular they are extremely accomodating to me as I must be gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best in boulderweninvegasDined on 8/20/2014The food is definitely the best part of SALT. Fresh,local,tasty,unique. But I can't leave out the friendly staff from the moment you walk in until the moment they are saying " thanks for coming!" I will plan a meal here every time I come to Boulder.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014We love Salt and have enjoyed eating there each time we've been. Our most recent visit was particularly good in terms of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent dinner and great service. We were celebrating our anniversary and they gave us a great table and complimentary desert.Special Features:
- Salt is one of the best!KatieMVIPDined on 8/16/2014We almost always dine at Salt when in Boulder. Excellent menu, great service, great wine selections.Special Features:
- Food is good but odd bar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed some good food here recently and it is cute and cozy inside and very pleasant outside dining. My only complaint is that when you order drinks or wine they take 10-15 min to come out or don't come at all until you ask.Special Features:
- freshfoodloverDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary. We had a great table and a wonderful waiter. The food he recommended was amazing and his summer drink-Prosseco with lemon and the house made strawberry/basil syrup and a shot of vodka was amazingly refreshing. I love that the restaurant is a farm to table and GMO free. I made an on-line reservation and told them it was our anniversary. They were kind enough to give us a great table and a lovely complimentary dessert. Salt is right on Pearl Street so the people watching is great. The outside of the restaurant says Tom's Tavern so that was our only catch, but right above the entrance it says SALT. It was a perfect date for a great celebration.Special Features:
- Service great, food okBoCoDinerDined on 8/14/2014The two people who served us were excellent, attending to our needs and wants in a friendly, prompt manner. The food was in some cases, ironically, too salty, and the visual presentation of the tuna was somewhat crude, cut into 4 chunks; in another restaurant with a similar entree, it was sliced thinly and served in a fan. For a dining experience at a restaurant like Salt, I expect the food, as well as the service, to be impeccable.Special Features:
- Not quite up to last visitTEDDERDined on 8/13/2014The weakest part of our meals were the entrees. My chicken was overcooked enough to taste dry. My wife's fish was unremarkable. The sides and deserts were terrific as we have come to expect at SALT.Special Features:
- Salt gets betterFoodieDined on 8/12/2014I've always like this restaurant, and I think it trends toward getting better over time. On this occasion, I chose seared albacore tuna, not an easy fish to cook properly as it is very delicate. The preparation was perfect with delicious and interesting sides.Special Features:
- Average at bestKatieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was fine- nothing creative or different. Service was terrible- server forgot about us several times- even admitted it to us! The glass of wine I ordered was $10/glass ($40/bottle). She brought out a different wine that she said was similar because they were out of the one I ordered. We then ordered a bottle of the same for dinner and when we got the check the bottle was $120! That wasn't cool. We were never given bread or told about the specials like the other diners were with a different server. All in all, wasn't impressed.Special Features:
- Great spot for lunchBoulderFoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2014Speedy service, delicious food, and a beautiful day to be outside. Make sure to get a table with an umbrella, otherwise it's a bit hot.Special Features:
- It was ok.KMacDined on 8/11/2014We went for a birthday dinner. Ambiance was ok. We didnt feel special - just run through the system. Food was good, but portions smallish. We will add it to the rotation, but it won't be a 'go to' place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Salt!kpapaVIPDined on 8/8/2014We just love this place---everything on the menu is local and organic and the drink menu is great to try all the different combinations. Great service and a great meal...Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO DISAPPOINTING!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014I went here for my birthday. Have loved this place in the past, but my birthday dinner was AWFUL. My husband and I both ordered the salmon. It smelled fishy as soon as the plates were set down, and tasted even worse. Slimy, fishy, disgusting. We should have sent both dinners back and ordered something fresh, but were too mortified. The waitress was lovely so 5 stars for the wait staff. It's not their fault the food was inedible. I'm afraid this restaurant has lost our business.
- Great food, ify serviceExecutor1977Dined on 8/4/2014The food was fantastic! Everything was served to perfection. However after being seated my date and I had to wait around 8 minutes to even get water. And another 5 before our drink orders were taken. Once our drinks were finaly brought, the service was fine and the staff was extremely jovial and helpful. I would still recomend Salt to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good brunch findhighplainesgastronomeDined on 8/3/2014Our friend had recommended Salt as a great place for brunch in Boulder. We were not disappointed. The highlight for me was the fantastic scone. It was light a fluffy not hard and dense like scones often are. We enjoyed an outside table with a great view of the flat irons. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTomx1VIPDined on 8/1/2014Unaccommodating, small portions, low value for the money, overpriced drinks with short pours, slow service. Only positive was the wait staff was friendly.
- Impress your hipster dateTrendinerDined on 7/27/2014The atmosphere at SALT is fun, it is complimentary to the food. Though it won't take your breath away, it definitely has a very meta vibe to it. The bathrooms were clean and, aesthetically, the best part of the design. The service was fantastic, the wait staff was very personable and friendly. In regards to the food, it is a little pricey for what it is; however it is to be expected from a trendy farm to table restraunt. The menu had some very intentional and well thought out options. It might be pragmatic to mention or note options like gluten or dairy-free in some dishes. I was impressed by the wine list and delighted by the local beer sections. Overall a highly delightful experience and a great place to take a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ except smoked salmon benedictBoulderDinerDined on 7/27/2014All in all Salt provided a great brunch for our group of three. One ordered gluten pancakes with peaches and another had the huevos rancheros and both were divine. My smoked salmon Benedict was okay. The salmon was incredibly salty--exponentially more than any other smoked salmon I have ever had. Other than that minor blip on what is usually fantastic fare, the service was impeccable and the menu offered many wonderful choices. Thanks to Salt for a wonderful patio dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.