SALT - Boulder
1047 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SALT - Boulder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltthebistro.com/
- Phone: 303-444-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table
A word from SALT - Boulder
The philosophy at SALT is simple; a belief that the best food travels the shortest distance from farm to table, that menus should change with the seasons and that the locally sourced ingredients, combined with European technique and innovative thinking make for a truly remarkable experience. Chef Bradford Heap and his staff have made a commitment to source local, organic and fresh ingredients whenever possible. The menu reflects this mind-set, simple, yet elegant and delicious. The wines, while sourced all over the world offer our guests some classic profiles, while introducing them to some new and exciting choices as well as a pre-prohibition cocktails with a twist. Approachable, but sophisticated. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SALT - Boulder - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
SALT - Boulder reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (52)great for outdoor dining (51)special occasion (38)romantic (30)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (21)great for brunch (17)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Downhill fast...outandaboutDined on 10/21/2014After we were sat it took about 15 minutes before our server came to us to get drinks or appetizers, we never got bread and SALT, which was one of my favorite parts of BRW, one steak came out with the wrong cook so we waited 10 more minutes to get it right, which meant my food was cold by the time he got his. It had kind of started sprinkling and we were ok outside, but nobody even asked if we wanted a table inside. After all the other patrons went inside, we barely saw our waitress again. I brought a friend from out of town to SALT because my last experience was amazing and the food was great. I was disappointed, to say the least and our bill was over $300. I want to come back again, but I don't know if we will.Special Features:
- Not impressed.bob1023VIPDined on 10/20/2014What sets the scene for dinner is the person who greets you at the door. That being said, it was not a good scene. We had reservations, were there in person, yet were made to wait while a reservation was made over the phone. I guess the girl at the front desk has not been told that when you have customers in front of you, they take precedence over someone on the phone. Not an auspicious beginning. Our server was nice and informative. The food started off with a bang, the starter breads, butter and salt were delicious as was the app of goat cheese and olives, after that, the food was so-so. I would not go back.
- I should've believed what I read!AuntieBeeVIPDined on 10/18/2014There were so many mixed reviews, especially about service. We had a large group and they offered to Seat us downstairs because they said it was quieter. Big mistake, if they offer you the table that seats up to 12 people, don't take it. They seat you right next to the stereo and it's very loud. In fact, when the waiter came over every time, he would turn down the stereo before he spoke to us. I guess his speaking to us was more important than us hearing each other in our conversation. Since we were large group, the tip was included so the waiter could care less. He actually left us midsentence. When I went to order glass of wine with him it disappeared literally! It's too bad because the food was excellent. Big groups stay away😢😢
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I made reservations for a Saturday brunch, which I would highly recommend doing as the the venue is small compared to the amount of people wanting to be seated. Food was extremely fresh, and prepared quickly, not to mention delicious.Special Features:
- mageeDined on 10/17/2014Hit and miss. The wine and drink menu is extensive. My dessert was yummy.Special Features:
- Loved it!ChefTeejDined on 10/15/2014The Charcuterie & Cheese Plate was positively divine (and paired so well with the St Innocent Pinot Noir). The service was impeccable with perfect timing between all the courses and thorough information and wonderful recommendations from the server. Glad we took the plunge and ordered some of the house cut fries for the table just for fun - they were a hit. The signature dessert (dark chocolate caramel SALT tart) was incredible. The hostess, who wasn't even there when we arrived, made a point to wish us a happy anniversary before we left. Lovely atmosphere. Delicious food. Fantastic service. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindmemememeVIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our first dinner out during a weeklong vacation to Boulder. Our server, Jeromy, was excellent. The seafood pasta was perfect. The chicken was delicious, but the description should have indicated it came on the bone with the skin on. Even so it was very tasty. Cocktails are fun & interesting. Wine selections are all over the map. There are a few very good bottles that won't break the bank. If there weren't so many great restaurants in Boulder, we would return to Salt before the end of our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just getting better...MoreQthanADined on 10/11/2014Back at Salt once again and - as usual - the food was excellent and the service moderately attentive. I just don't see why this place is not more highly ranked - though it is certainly very popular and can be a bit on the noisy side as a result. Already looking forward to going back! Yum!Special Features:
- Forgettable MealBluebirdDined on 10/10/2014Loved the happy hour mixers for $5 but the food was forgettable at best. My burger was undercooked then came back overcooked with the rest of the plate full of lettuce and flavorless dressing that was called a 'salad' which I asked for in lieu of the fries. No tomato, no slice of onion, nothing to dress it up as I had asked for no bun since I don't eat grains. There was a small amount of cut up decent pickled onion in the 'salad' and an ok pickle. My husband's octopus was overcooked and dry and half his mussels were big and decent and the other half were tiny and bad. For the price and write-ups we expected a lot more. We were quite disappointed considering this was our 11th anniversary celebration.
- dinnernightoutVIPDined on 10/4/2014There were 4 of us for dinner...we ordered 3 apps and 4 dinners....We all agreed that all of the food was bad. The flavors were all off ....the Cheeseburger had a very weird taste to it and was not edible. The special was the Tuna and it was not very good fish and the flavors were very bland. We were disappointed. We won't be going back.
- Go to Salt!MarkStevelandDined on 10/1/2014Very satisfied with my meal at Salt. Fantastic service, great wine list and well rounded menu. Entres were supperb and sides were amazing, different but not trying to hard. Great relaxing atmosphere worked for any occasion. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Anniversary DinnerduilliniDined on 10/1/2014Food was very good, interesting flavors, especially the shrimp appetizer. The burger could have been portioned larger, or maybe I was really hungry and wanted more! Wide selection of alcohol, great seasonal drafts. Staff seemed a bit short, but the server was great and it did not affect our service. Would definitely come back again!Special Features:
- I don't get itKarenDined on 9/30/2014SALT continues to draw a crowd but I just don't understand why. Yes, it's a great location, the menu is in fashion with its "farm to table/no GMO" theme, and the chef has a good reputation. However, I am disappointed every time I dine here. The food just isn't that good. At lunch, I had the Daily BBQ which was advertised as pulled chicken with a zesty in house sauce. In fact, it wasn't pulled/shredded and the sauce tasted like bottled buffalo wing sauce. Fries were limp and lukewarm. Slaw was tasty but nothing special. Another disappointing trip.
- DisappointedLindsay316Dined on 9/27/2014I had heard great things about SALT, so I was sadly disappointed when the food was just mediocre and the service was slow, slow, slow. If our bill ended up being $60, I wouldn't be complaining. However, the price tag does not match the quality. I recently moved from the East coast, where great restaurants were abundant, and I just haven't found one of the same quality yet in Boulder.Special Features:
- Beware! Ignore Menus on Internet!JamesDined on 9/27/2014I was excited to try SALT because the lunch menus on the Internet were very appealing. The menu we had last Saturday was totally different - a typical Sunday brunch menu with lots of egg dishes and only one salad. I found nothing that appealed to me on that menu. I had a chicken sandwich which was okay and excellent coleslaw, but nothing to rave about. Service and atmosphere was very good.
- Nice experienceCatDVMVIPDined on 9/24/2014The food was great and the service was so so as it was somewhat inattentive and the server did not know much about the details of the itemsSpecial Features:
- FantasticTravelingDinerDined on 9/22/2014Eat here frequently. Food and service are outstanding. If you are gluten free they make their own bread that is GF and are one of the most accommodating restaurants I have ever been to in helping you with this.Special Features:
- Awesome the 2nd Time AroundJudythefoodieDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I tried Salt last June and now our daughter and I enjoyed the best food around. We each had a vegetable tasting and a watermelon and feta cheese salad. We shared both. Then we had pasta and gnochi. So simple and really tasty. Thanks for providing a wonderful restaurant. Oh and we also had the carrot cake. So good. Thanks for the great service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- penjoDined on 9/21/2014Visited before, the food is consistently great. I always recommend to out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehTriciaDined on 9/20/2014Its good food but not the outstanding food that everyone says it is. I'm sure you could find better food at the same price point. Wouldn't wait 2 hrs for a table there. Should have listened to the 78% on Urbanspoon.Special Features:
- Excellent!cynthiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014It's simply awesome if you like fresh, whole, creative food.Special Features:
- Great first timeNyliramYarDined on 9/16/2014We have eaten a number of times at Colterra and have heard about Salt but this was our first time there. The food was excellent and the service very good, with the only "negative" being that our waitress was also serving two larger groups, but, considering that, she did a very good job. The noise level question didn't have a step for "loud" which it definitely was. That would be my only problem with Salt; however, I know that is how all hip places are today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative food20ellu03Dined on 9/13/2014Two levels in this restaurant. We were seated in the lower level which is much smaller and quieter. Upstairs is very energetic and louder. Food is creative, locally sourced and excellent. Had the peach bruschetta with prosciutto, mascarpone cheese - fabulous! My husband had the fresh made gnocchi and I had the fresh swordfish - both of which were excellent. They had a creative cocktail offering - sort of a la carte- don't know if this is strictly a seasonal offering. Many choices - again using fresh basil, rhubarb etc.Special Features:
- Fun restaurantDrmickjrVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always enjoy a meal at SALT, recognizing it is not fine dining, just good to very good food and wine in a funky setting. Eating there on a Saturday night in beautiful Fall weather is just plain enjoyable. Our server was knowledgeable and enthusiastic, not always the case in Colorado, where service can be highly erratic in the vast majority of restaurants, even the top rated ones.Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was our first time at Salt and we enjoyed ourselves very much. We were visiting in Boulder and when we are in the area again, we will return to Salt. Nice meal in a quaint older building with fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded Expectations!PastrasayVIPDined on 9/10/2014We chose SALT on a last minute whim, and were stunned at everything from the service to the food! It was hands down one of the best meal's we have had in 2014. I give SALT 10 stars! :DSpecial Features:
- Great FoodKevinDined on 9/7/2014First time - great food with combinations that were very tasty. Good service as well.Special Features:
- Always a treat!EatingRightVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have dined here on multiple occasions and have never been disappointed. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptJonFDined on 9/6/2014Everything about SALT met my expectations. Very busy on the night there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outtastyfoodDined on 9/6/2014SALT had a wonderful list of entrees and starters to choose from. Not too many options so that you were drowned in the details. But something for most everyone. My wife and I shared the Peach Bruschetta which was fantastic. My wife then had the salmon while I had the tuna. Unfortunately my tuna came out overcooked and I didn't feel like sending it back. I could tell it wasn't a systemic problem since the next table over had a properly seared piece. Overall the service was great and we will definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Salt is a worthy successorolddocjonesDined on 8/26/2014Salt is a worthy successor to Tom's Tavern, whose space it occupies and which it acknowledges by leaving the brick wall signage in place and by serving a Tom's Tavern burger. The food is excellent and the service impeccable. Our server yesterday, Jeromy, did a first-rate job. They also know how to prepare a proper cup of tea, a rarity even in better restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be Missed!!FLBunnyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Terrific food and great atmosphere in the heart of the city! Dine outside to experience the great spot for people watching!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarleyVIPDined on 8/24/2014Very friendly,interesting food selection,good service,; would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine experiencejuniebug1Dined on 8/23/2014This is our third experience at SALT and we have yet to be disappointed. Great food, great attentive service, great wine.....the flavors are fabulous. One of our favorites. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbTravelingDinerDined on 8/22/2014Great food and service. In particular they are extremely accomodating to me as I must be gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best in boulderweninvegasDined on 8/20/2014The food is definitely the best part of SALT. Fresh,local,tasty,unique. But I can't leave out the friendly staff from the moment you walk in until the moment they are saying " thanks for coming!" I will plan a meal here every time I come to Boulder.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2014We love Salt and have enjoyed eating there each time we've been. Our most recent visit was particularly good in terms of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Excellent dinner and great service. We were celebrating our anniversary and they gave us a great table and complimentary desert.Special Features:
- Salt is one of the best!KatieMVIPDined on 8/16/2014We almost always dine at Salt when in Boulder. Excellent menu, great service, great wine selections.Special Features:
- Food is good but odd bar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed some good food here recently and it is cute and cozy inside and very pleasant outside dining. My only complaint is that when you order drinks or wine they take 10-15 min to come out or don't come at all until you ask.Special Features: