SALT - Boulder
1047 Pearl Street
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
SALT - Boulder
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.saltthebistro.com/
- Phone: (303) 444-7258
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table
A word from SALT - Boulder
The philosophy at SALT is simple; a belief that the best food travels the shortest distance from farm to table, that menus should change with the seasons and that the locally sourced ingredients, combined with European technique and innovative thinking make for a truly remarkable experience. Chef Bradford Heap and his staff have made a commitment to source local, organic and fresh ingredients whenever possible. The menu reflects this mind-set, simple, yet elegant and delicious. The wines, while sourced all over the world offer our guests some classic profiles, while introducing them to some new and exciting choices as well as a pre-prohibition cocktails with a twist. Approachable, but sophisticated. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
SALT - Boulder - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
SALT - Boulder reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (43)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (27)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (22)good for groups (20)great for brunch (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- The food and service and superb.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/24/2010The food and service and superb. The menu is unique and ingredients are fresh and local.Special Features:
- Amazing food locally grownSmokeyDined on 9/14/2010Amazing food locally grown and season appropriate. The best dessert I had in a long timeSpecial Features:
- The food was amazing, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2010The food was amazing, the drinks were unique and tasty and the prices were great! I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will return again!Special Features:
- The wait was long, even withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2010The wait was long, even with a reservation. The bartender was great - attentive and encouraging. Hostess kept us informed and gave free appetizers when we got to the table. Waitress was wonderful!Special Features:
- Love the food at Colterra..pattVIPDined on 8/31/2010Love the food at Colterra.. this was not a polished or well done.. We were there for lunch- perhaps dinner is better..
- We were very dissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2010We were very dissapointed with the waiter we had as it took him 20 minutes after we ordered our wine to come tell us that they were out of the one we had ordered. Our food had already been served and was completely cold by the time we were given a replacement bottle. Thankfully, we were given the wine gratis and we continued to enjoy our food and good company. I would return, but would request not to have the same waiter as this is the 3rd time we have received poor service from the same staff member.
- The Carmel Salt Torte wasST247VIPDined on 8/6/2010The Carmel Salt Torte was divine, but everything else was in bad taste. It started with the pre-recorded message firmly reminding us that parties are not seated until all guests have arrived and furthermore that tables will not be held for longer than 15 minutes. Things pretty much went downhill from there. It is a waste of time to compose a detailed description of everything that went wrong last Friday night. Had I known at the time, I would have better utilized the 45 minutes we waited to be seated after our large party showed up early (in its entirety) for our reservation. Lowlights: • Worth mentioning again that we were early for our 8 p.m. reservation and were directed to the bar as our table was not ready. Granted, the
- Salt has been wonderful everyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2010Salt has been wonderful every time we've visited; the food is inventive without being pretentious, the staff is always helpful and friendly, and the ambiance is comfortable and comforting. Plus, they're always great with our kids, which sometimes isn't always the case when dining outside the safety zone most chain restaurants provide.Special Features:
- FRESH!!!! The food is localjenniferDined on 7/23/2010FRESH!!!! The food is local and everything was fresh and homemade - even the ketchup and the mayo. I loved it - and so did my kids. They have a kids menu - but a healthy one with great options. Everything was so so good. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised by dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2010Pleasantly surprised by dinner menu, food, dessert, and waiter. Plan to come for lunch Thursday with some other friends.
- We were thrilled with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2010We were thrilled with our experience at Salt. The menu was diverse and exciting and the food, exceptional. The service was consistent and intuitive of our dining pace and needs. It was an outstanding experience, we all look forward to returning and experiencing the different menu and food options at Salt.Special Features:
- Our meals were only OK, butClaireInBoulderDined on 6/3/2010Our meals were only OK, but the salt, carmel, chocolate torte was fabulous.
- Brad Heap is the best chefOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2010Brad Heap is the best chef in Boulder. Both Salt and Colterra offer consistently innovative and delicious local cuisine. We dine in both restaurants frequently and have never been disappointed. Keep the fabulous food coming!Special Features:
- If it hadn't been fr the factAndreaDined on 5/7/2010If it hadn't been fr the fact that my husband's and son's steaks were overcooked, this would have been just about perfect. A wonderful addition t the restaurant scene in Boulder, in Colorado, in the Country!Special Features:
- The appetizers are wonderful,Susan80027Dined on 4/3/2010The appetizers are wonderful, and the soups are terrific.Special Features:
- Fresh ingredients, wood firedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2010Fresh ingredients, wood fired grill, fast friendly service. Have eaten there a couple times. Brunch menu is better than dinner. Definitely eat the signature dessert - dark chocoloate tart with salted caramel filling.Special Features:
- Nothing really stands out....whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2010Nothing really stands out....which in my mind is not good. It was not a memorable event where I say.."next time we are in Boulder let us go to Salt".
- Fantastic food, great value.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2010Fantastic food, great value. Great wine. Svc was good but not great.Special Features:
- I had heard so much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2010I had heard so much about Salt and expected it to be better. Our service was rushed and poor. My lamb shank was so bland all it tasted of was red wine.
- SALT has done a respectableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2010SALT has done a respectable job making a name for itself in the often saturated Boulder restaurant environment. My table was treated to a complementary cheese and bread plate, local dairy in the spotlight of course. After such a pleasant beginning our cocktails were inovative and delicious. The violet cocktail had a great aroma, and the flavors were both herbal and sweet. The burger, local beef and organic, had great flavor and was cooked well, though the acompanying homemade, roasted tomato ketchup almost stole the show. My other guests enjoyed an enormous pork chop and lamb shank which were tasty, though in my opinion over sized compared to another guest's well balenced MahiMahi plate. Overall very enjoyable, I'll be back.Special Features:
- This place could be good withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010This place could be good with a bit of effort. The lamb shank was for Fred Flintstone, not even less than genteel diners. The gourmet burger disappointed, and the fries with it were only middling. Colorado bass pasta dish was good but very small proportions compared to everything else. Seems like more thought and energy could justify their pricing.
- We had 6 pm reservations andFANSVIPDined on 3/5/2010We had 6 pm reservations and were seated immediately. Very friendly service. Great food for such a casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was great! Lots ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/27/2010The food was great! Lots of creative and delicious vegetarian options. The food was not overly complex, which was part of the appeal. It was cooked simply, yet was very creative. The chocolate carmel tart was worth the calories for dessert! Our waiter was also very patient, as we changed our minds about our order and asked lots of questions.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed all of my dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/16/2010I have enjoyed all of my dinning experiences at Salt. Tuesday evening was the first time I brought clients from out of town to Salt and they really enjoyed it. We had vegetarians to steak eaters and everyone was impressed with their meals.Special Features:
- We were at Salt for brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2010We were at Salt for brunch. The menu was unique but overall value between dishes could have been better. The flatbread with prosciutto, fig and chevre was good but better suited to an appetizer. Not much on the flatbread. The special of tomato soup and grilled cheese was a surprise with the grilled cheese in the soup. Not what two diners expected. Messy. The turkey sandwich was excellent as was the ham and eggs and the burger. Three people at our table left hungry and wishing they had stuck to a basic burger or turkey sandwich to fill them up. We had two chocolate drinks expensive at $8 per drink that did not taste at all of chocolate but were like tan foamy water. The bloody Mary's were excellent. Overall, too expensive!!Special Features:
- Food was great, a little pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2010Food was great, a little pricey. Generous portions, not that important to me, but I'm sure some people would be impressed with that. The food was really tasty. One thing that was a drag was no kids menu- they did accommadate the children with what they wanted but expensive and too much food for a kid. I'd go back without the kids.Special Features:
- We eat at SALT quite oftenFoodieVIPDined on 1/22/2010We eat at SALT quite often and like their wine menu very much and the Wine Steward is very attentive and offers excellent choices and says that they are upgrading their wine list at the moment. Service was somewhat spotty on Friday night although, it was early and they weren't super busy. We were a group of six and we enjoy the atmosphereand style. The food is excellent and interesting in it's design and texture. Have always had great food since they opened this summer. We go as often as we can!!!!Special Features:
- One of the best meals we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/16/2010One of the best meals we've had in a long time. There were five of us and we all ordered a different meal - all were excellent. Creative food, organic, fresh, but not overdone with flavors. The service was excellent - not rushed and not too slow. Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Love the concept of farm toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/9/2010Love the concept of farm to table, and the menu has decent variety to fit the bill. Wine and beer is way over priced for being locally made. Food is moderate-to high end priced for the quality.
- They have obviously workedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2010They have obviously worked out the new restaurant kinks that all experience. We experienced a drastic improvement from last time, which was right after they opened. One thing I appreciated when things weren't perfect is that the server owned up to it and removed an item or two off the tab. This goes far when things are less than perfect and it makes good business sense for all.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised. InnovativeHunterWVIPDined on 1/3/2010Pleasantly surprised. Innovative menu, well executed.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. AlthoughRetoDined on 1/2/2010The food was fantastic. Although expensive, we felt it was worth it. I had a vegetarian meal and it was delicious.Special Features:
- OVerall it was a great experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2009OVerall it was a great experience, but the menu was somewhat limited, esp the appetizers. Felt very nice & cozy on a snowy evening to celebrate hubby's birthday with good friends. Probably noisier on weekends.Special Features:
- food was excellent. Brad wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2009food was excellent. Brad was a sweetheart. 2 errors were rectified (one food issue, the other was being overcharged for an entree, but we had to check the menu ourselves to figure it out)Special Features:
- Food was very good. RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/14/2009Food was very good. Restaurant has a lot of potential. Good menu, great wine list. Service was about what I would expect from Denny's.
- Absolutely terrific! UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2009Absolutely terrific! Unique in their approaches to ingredients and flavor combinations, while honoring the bounty and seasonality of selected local food producers. Our dinner, just a few days before Thanksgiving, creatively set the stage for a slightly nontraditional palate at a time when we knew we'd have the contrast of traditional just a day or two away. Gotta love those unexpected offerings on this menu. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- We have eated at Salt a numberFoodieVIPDined on 11/18/2009We have eated at Salt a number of times since they opened and we find the food consistently good and diverse in flavors and content. The staff is friendly and seeks to accommodate all kinds of diners. The atmosphere is of a local pub with excellent noise reduction. Everyone can find something they think they will like and will love when served. Good place!!!!Special Features:
- Best desserts we've had forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/17/2009Best desserts we've had for a long time - all that caramel with salt!Special Features:
- Great job. We went on HalloweenOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/31/2009Great job. We went on Halloween night (Pearl St is extremely busy that night...). We had a larger party than reserved and they took great care of us.Special Features:
- This is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2009This is a great place for a nice dinner out. The food is unique and delicious! Server was wonderful. Overall a yummy meal was had by all and we will be back again!Special Features: