3623 N 129th St
Omaha, NE 68164Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://salt88.com/
- Phone: 4029919088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Contemporary Italian, American
- Executive Chef: John Horvatinovich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Salt 88
Melding Mediterranean with a dash of everything We've given our cuisine an incredible amount of thought--the planning of this menu kept our chef up many nights. To put it simply, you can call the cuisine at Salt "Modern American," but "Eclectic" might be more in our lane. Our dishes feature unpredictable combinations, bold and lively flavors, and the finest ingredients. Enjoy our New American-Italian menu with a touch of Asian influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Salt 88 - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Salt 88 reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (49)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (33)notable wine list (29)hot spot (25)romantic (23)great for lunch (21)scenic view (19)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- BetterWith72dine4funDined on 10/12/2014Salt made a birthday weekend very enjoyable. Stopped on a whim Friday, back on Saturday, with 5 other family members on Sunday. Had different entrée each time. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitFrank53Dined on 10/10/2014We found the food to be excellent..service was very good...server was very informative, able to offer a variety of suggestions. Location of the restaurant was fine..although a view of the parking lot wasn't to my taste, but then again, was there for the recommended menu items. If you go, get the meatballs as an appetizer, won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Salt88tennisfanDined on 10/6/2014Lunched at Salt 88 with friends. Everyone enjoyed their dishes. Wait staff very friendly. Nice atmosphere. Looking forward to trying Happy Hour and dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service, great foodLollym3Dined on 10/3/2014Salt 88 can make something as a cheese pizza a gourmet dinner. I ordered the Jo Geez, and it was the perfect blend of tangy and chewy cheeses accompanied by fresh tomatoes and oregano. The brick oven gave the cracker-type crust the perfect crunch. My husband had the filet, skillfully cooked to a pink-in-the-middle medium, and the asparagus was nothing shy of divine. Billy, our server, made the meal that much better with his menu suggestions and wry humor. We love dining at Salt 88.Special Features:
- Salt 66OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Menu is bizarre. Seating is awful. Noisy. Unpleasant experience. Photograph of patio dining is deceptive. Diner views the staff parking lot, not the golf course.
- 30smpthDined on 9/26/2014The decor was beautiful- excet the cobwebs in the bathroom. The food was great and the service was excellent. I had the salmon and it was delicious! My boyfriend had the sirloin and wasabi mashed potatoes which was excellent as well. We were really looking forward to eating outside based on the review we head, but were unimpressed with this part of our visit. We were there at night and all we could really see was a view overlooking a parking lot and a basketball hoop. The lighting was very nice though. We also were a bit confused about the choice of music for the venue. The music was very loud and un-fitting.. the entire list was top 40 pop music. The experience overall was good, but as I said some elements left us a bit confused.Special Features:
- Loved it and will be backCouple4GoodEatsDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I went to Salt 88 during Omaha Restaurant Week. Everything was amazing from the service (Chloe was our server) to the appetizers, drinks, entrees, and dessert. We will definitely be back for the Sunday all-day Happy Hour as well as to try out more of the delicious menu items. This place is a real gem in our city!Special Features:
- wonderful experienceyumminessDined on 9/19/2014other than a little too loud for a table of 2 to enjoy conversation and a little too pricey I greatly enjoyed my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expectedagross82Dined on 9/19/2014The food was very good, though prices were a bit high for a family outing. Salt 88 is more suited for an adult outing, though children are welcome. The drink menu is far more extensive than the food menu, with no kid menu options. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, but the noise level made it almost impossible to have a conversation. I would go back, but no kids this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night for the patio!SamsmomDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed our Wednesday night Restaurant Week outing to Salt 88. The food was very good, as we have come to expect at Salt, and the patio was very comfortable. The only negative was we were seated next to the water fountain and it was to loud to carry on an easy conversation. We will ask for a different table in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingChuckosDined on 9/13/2014Very unique dining experience with tremendous staff. Wine and beer selections varied and will bring me back for another evening. Food was for most part very good but i found my selection not quite up to personal standards. I ordered sweet and spicy pizza and it was rather dull. on the other hand, i ordered a soup that was special for evening and was wowed by flavors and could have just had it. Service was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSimonDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant is totally awesome! Will return many timesSpecial Features:
- SteakOmahadinerDined on 9/13/2014The worse 30 dollar steak meal I have had. Tough chewie. Cooked perfectly and decently seasoned. I didn't finish it because I was tired of chewing. Most expensive taco I have had. It was good but not a$4 taco.Special Features:
- Thanks for a great evening!NewFavoriteDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was awesome! Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Food was great but restaurant was very noisy. Sometimes difficult to hear our table's conversation.
- Delicious and wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014I love this place. On our second visit last week, I had Ravioli Artesa and my husband had a Lamb Chop entree as they had run out of veal chops, both delicious. Our service was A+. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Seafood deliciousBobbi1Dined on 9/9/2014We ordered the salmon and trout. Both were delicious and the service was excellent alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the dessert.FoodieDined on 9/7/2014The only thing that went wrong was that they did not get the message from Open Table that I put in the special memo asking for deck seating so the table wasn't ready when we arrived. Happy hour selection was great. Not a fan of the mojito, but I switched to sangria and never looked back. The sashimi was great with a delicate orange flavored drizzle that really made the dish. Many of us enjoyed the goat cheese rangoon. The best part was the uniquely flavored complimentary cotton candy. The outside deck made for a lovely birthday setting.Special Features:
- Great happy hour pricesDiz55Dined on 9/6/2014We sat out on the patio and really enjoyed ourselves. Maybe the next time we come, we'll find menu selections we like better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it; would recommendMarynVictor2Dined on 8/31/2014Best calamari in town; all of the appetizers will bring us back. Drinks alone are worth coming back!Special Features:
- It was ... Fine.FoodloverDined on 8/23/2014We had heard good things about this restaurant but it was a let down. The food was fine but if I'm spending more than $20 on an entree I expect great. I had the trout which was ok with the veggies nothing spectacular. My fiancée had the sirloin which was good - better than the trout- and the mashed potatoes. I wanted to be wowed but wasn't.
- Love the Food - But need earplugsinterestedingoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014While we have gone several times now to Salt, the food is great, the building, wonderfully done, the wait staff wonderful, but the overall noise level - well, almost unbearable. While I am a 40 something nearing 50, when I go out to enjoy food at the level in which Salt serves, I do not appreciate the noise level of a chain restaurant. Sister establishment, Hiro, seems to be able to have all of this figured out, and I am sure that Salt will, but at this time, it is the one thing that really needs to be fixed.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodDaveDined on 8/21/2014I have never eaten here before. Twelve of my fellow retirees picked this place for our monthly lunch. We make an effort to try restaurants where we haven't been before. 10 of my fellow retirees were able to make it. The food was surprisingly good - enough to make me want to come back and try their dinner selections. Service was excellent. Presentation was done well. They have excellent Gelato which I tried for desert. They also surprise at the end of lunch with cotton candy. I understand their happy hour and wine tasting events are quite something - again something I would like to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go to Salt 88 again.abc321Dined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed Salt 88! The food and service were excellent. Our waitress, Chloe was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentBL4evrDined on 8/16/2014The food and atmosphere were excellent as usual! If you are looking for a fun place that delivers great food in a cozy atmosphere Salt 88 is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finedatenite2Dined on 8/15/2014We have dined here a few times and though there wasn't anything terrible about it nothing stood out either. It has been better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from beginning to endJbswDined on 8/15/2014From our drinks and appetizers to our main courses and dessert, our dining experience at Salt 88 was amazing. We had the salmon cakes, fries and avocado egg rolls as appetizers. The salmon cakes were okay the other appetizers stole the show. We had pastas, sirloins and more for the main courses and not a plate went back empty. You have to get the chocolate cake. It's the perfect combo of rich and light cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wilburDined on 8/10/2014We had a memorable experience. All of the food we ordered was wonderful and the service was great. We will look forward to coming again!Special Features:
- Larger selection than I expected.SamsweepsDined on 8/10/2014Tried several appetizers. Was there crab in the goat cheese rangooons? Egg rolls had a good crust - just wasn't a fan of the bacon - loved the avocado in them. Pizza seemed a little sweet. Chix and asparagus penne was very good - mildly seasoned instead of drowning in garlic. Only disappoinment was the side salad with only greens - how about a carrot or tomato - dressing was good (carrot ginger). For chocolate lovers the choco ganache layered cake was a huge hit and a very generous slice.Special Features:
- JanrDined on 8/9/2014The food, wine and service was outstanding! Acoustics....not so much. I'd definitely recommend Salt 88, but not for a quite dinner or if you want conversation for more than two people.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsDiabloDined on 8/8/2014The food was awesome! Quite a variety to choose from! Beautiful ambiance. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I may never go back to SaltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I enjoy carry outs from Hiro 88. But I am disappointed with Salt. The "greens salads are too plain. They are similar to Hiro 88 salads but the simple salad works fine with the oriental menu. Not with the Salt menu. You need to create a good salad to draw the lunch crowd. I have eaten lunch at Salt 3 times and each time I have been more disappointed than the last. The most recent experience was ridiculous. The waitress mention a special pizza. I decide to try it. It was a HUGE pizza and it was $18 so my lunch table with the tip was $25. And the pizza wasn't that good. I nearly complained walking out the door. But you need to understand what at noon on a Friday, there was NO ONE in your restaurant. Get a decent menu. No Tricks
- Spectacular PatioomahaboomerfoodieDined on 7/30/2014Always outstanding food and service. This was our first time on the patio. Loved it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014Our dinner was good, nothing too impressive though. The crab cake appetizer was delicious, though not very warm. I ordered the steak entree and it was mediocre. We shared the chocolate cake dessert, which was outstanding. I would return for cake alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedllpinkloveDined on 7/26/2014Based on the look of the website I assumed Salt was an upscale restaurant. Upon arriving my boyfriend & I were pleasantly surprised to find a relaxed vibe. There were a few groups arriving at the same time as us but the hostess crew was on top of things & everyone was seated promptly. I was glad I made a reservation because it was busy & full. There were only two of us but I noticed two large groups seated comfortably together. Great service. Drink prices are reasonable but my boyfriend was not impressed with his Manhattan. Good food. I highly recommend the Ravioli Artesa. Wasn't a huge fan of the waitress' recommendation, I don't remember what it was called. Desserts looked impressive but I wanted the complimentary cotton candy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014My wife and I went there for date night. Was a good choice. Food was good and so was the service. Goat cheese rangoons were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy Salt88PizzaLoverVIPDined on 7/23/2014Weeknight happy hours and Sunday happy hours are always fun. Friends also enjoy it, and the food is great all the time. Service from Chloe, Billy, and everyone who has helped us (sorry I can't remember all the names) is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great experienceDaveDined on 7/18/2014A few of us foodies (one from out of town) dropped in on our 1st visit. Enjoyed the ambiance, drink selections, food options and presentation, and friendly staff. Asked to speak with the owner on one occasion and he visited our table and with us to answer our questions. The cotton candy story is a great one to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried something differentvis31Dined on 7/14/2014I usually eat what I am familiar with and decided to try this restaurant. I heard so many great things. My favorite restaurant is Hiro, not realizing its part of it. It was amazing. The owner/cook came and spoke to us. Many compliments especially when he made his own wine. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeiowahawkeyes30Dined on 7/12/2014Took my gal to salt on Saturday night based on a recommendation from a friend. Nice atmosphere, good drink menu with some interesting wines. Highlights were the meat andcheese tray, perfectly cooked steak and pasta. The only thing I didn't care for was the spicy chicken soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.