6644 Security Blvd
Woodlawn, MD 21207Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatsalsagrill.com/
- Phone: 4102655552
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Peruvian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: JAY ANGLE
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Salsa Grill/Angle Caterers has been serving Quality catering in the Baltimore Metropolitan area since 1985. We are a full service, on- or off- premise caterer; no party is too small or to large. Our catering menu is geared toward our restaurant, Salsa Grill; however we can tailor menus to our customers request. Check out the catering page on www.eatsalsagrill.com.
A word from SALSA GRILL
Salsa Grill is the place to enjoy Spanish, Latin American, or good ol' American food in Woodlawn, right near all that Social Security office stuff. It's not fast-food cheap, but the portions are huge and the quality is special dining level. Owner Jay Angle scours local farmers' auctions, small family farms, and even his own garden for the finest produce and meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
SALSA GRILL reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always great service and foodEburgdinerDined on 8/31/2014We have been going to Salsa Grill for years and enjoy the casual atmosphere, amazing food, and near perfect service. They have great specials and the best crab cakes in Baltimore. I haven't met a menu item that disappoints. The owner and waitstaff will make you feel at home and will explain any dish if you ask. The service alone will bring you back a second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarsheDined on 8/29/2014I had the Caribbean paella which was spicy and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the SALSA GRILL reviews archive.
- PuffinGirlVIPDined on 4/24/2014My sister & her husband were arriving @ BWI 1pm and then driving to Lancaster PA. I live in far northern Montgomery Co ANd was looking for someplace to eat a late lunch that was near west side of 695, on their way north. Found Salsa Grill through Open Table. I 1 block west of being directly across the street from Social Security HQ. Both my sister & I had "Caribbean paella Caesar salad" which had lots of shrimp, chicken and sausage. Brother-in-law had taco salad which he also really liked. Portions were more than ample. And it was easy to get on/off 695Special Features:
- Hidden LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Had no idea this place was located so close! They have great food and the portions make the price worth it! We had a great time and will go again.Special Features:
- Really GoodKEGRVIPDined on 3/8/2014Good food and a lot of it with great service. Will be back.Special Features:
- The food's fantastic!GinnieDined on 2/21/2014It makes no difference what we order; we always like it. The ingredients are fresh. The prices are reasonable. The staff is friendly and efficient. I couldn't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peruvian food, at least that's whattitoVIPDined on 2/14/2014they advertised as. Caveat: no Ceviche, no alcohol. that been said, you can buy a bottle of wine two doors down and they will open for you and provide wine glasses at no additional charge.. (as of now). food was good and lot's of it. Two average to normal eaters can eat from one order.. LOL.. appetizer, we got a mix, few different things on it.. that was plenty for dinner for two. Overall, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Mall GemHHMDRazorDined on 2/14/2014I've eaten at several excellent restaurants in strip malls, Salsa Grill is, by far, the best. The food was excellent and there was a lot of it! The staff here was friendly and the service good. The most interesting feature of the Salsa Grill is that it is also a carry out, making short orders to go! Great for lunch, excellent for dinner. I recommend this place highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicebetharbDined on 12/14/2013Always great food and pleasant servers! Enjoy visiting with the staff and food always great!! Seafood and desserts are worth saving room for!!Special Features:
- Superb Food and ServiceGoodnplentyDined on 10/20/2013The plate was so full , I have dinner for the next day. I absolutely love the crab dip and cream of crab soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a relaxed settingbetharbDined on 8/16/2013Friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere Fabulous dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried Salsa Grill becauseOystersanytimeVIPDined on 8/8/2013We tried Salsa Grill because we wanted to experience something different and had never had Peruvian food. In addition to Peruvian, they serve local favorites like crab soup. From the cream of crab to the paella and beyond. The food was very flavorful and everyone liked their meals plus there was plenty to take home for lunch the next day. The atmosphere is relaxed and the owner will take the time to explain everything on the menu.Special Features:
- Greatly SurprisedNeiceybugDined on 7/31/2013Coming up to this restaurant, we were not sure we were going to like it. But it turned out to be an awesome find. Food was great and the service was good. I would go back again.Special Features:
- Salsa Grill was a pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Salsa Grill is in a shopping center and you can't really see the dining area from the front. That, and the ad for "smoothies" on the front window, led us in the past to choose another establishment for a casual family dinner near my Mom's house. But we went back again and this time, actually went in. I'm really glad we did. Not your usual restaurant fare. The name of the restaurant may lead you to believe it is Mexican but the food was Peruvian and incredibly good. My husband had a Goat Stew, I had a vegetable stir fry, other family members had pork ribs... everyone in our party was satisfied with his or her meal. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ValueDonnaVIPDined on 5/26/2013Just had my second visit to the Salsa Grill and now know that the terrific food at a fabulous price was not a fluke. Everything was wonderful and our waiter was very attentive. We went with another couple who had never been there (but have informed us that they will be back). I ordered the chicken paella Caesar and my husband ordered the stuffed trout. Both were fabulous. We finished the night off with a slice of peanut butter ice cream pie that fed four of us. Some people might stay away because of the location or the lack of alcohol, but I love BYOB and being able to have a great meal without driving downtown is always a plus!Special Features:
- Not fancy, but the food isWmgldgVIPDined on 5/11/2013Not fancy, but the food is consistently good - especially the blackened tuna and the scallops served with the Caesar salad. I like the fact that it is BYOB and the servers are friendly and attentive. It's good for a special occasion in that it is good for a party or festive atmosphere. The friendly staff really helps in that department! Salsa Grill is one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013This was our first time visiting this restaurant. Both owner and wait staff went out their way to explain the menu and make recommendations. Wait staff was quick, attentive and polite. Serving portions were large, tasty and well presented. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Very nice family restaurant. Good food, but, if your GF is looking for a fancy place, this is not it.Special Features:
- Great family restaurant, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2013Great family restaurant, very friendly. No fancy setting but great food - good to eat there but not for your first date. Family get together and small group works the best, but not a candle dinner place. Per person cost about $30 with food to bring back for lunch next day :) .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give them a try!BrunchDined on 3/5/2013The Caribbean Paella is my favorite! Friendly staff, clean, great food!
- Great restaurant, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Great restaurant, great food, great service. Always warm and friendly and you can always find something new to try.Special Features:
- Salsa Grill is a good informalSandyDined on 10/5/2012Salsa Grill is a good informal place for lunch, with a wide variety of menu choices. Many of the entree prices are over $20, but there are also plenty of lower cost alternatives.Special Features: