17 W Campbell St
Arlington Heights, IL 60005Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salsa17.com/
- Phone: 8475901122
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Sunday Noon-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Luna
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Jose Luna will personally help customize the menu of your choice when looking into catering your special event.
A word from Salsa 17
Salsa 17 Grill & Margarita Bar’s menu is influenced by Mexico’s savory food and family traditions. With an atmosphere second to none, we offer you a taste of Mexico’s finest recipes in food, margaritas, and fresh, made-to-order guacamole. Mi Casa es Su Casa. We invite you to experience the essence of Mexican cuisine in our truly unique setting today There is something for everyone at Arlington Heights’ Salsa 17 Mexican Grill & Margarita Bar, from authentic Mexican cuisine to outstanding service. Come experience this unique Mexican eatery today. Don’t forget to come and try one of our 180 tequilas. Don’t worry we won’t tell.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Salsa 17 - Best Restaurants in Arlington Heights ›
Salsa 17 reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)special occasion (14)hot spot (13)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (7)romantic (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great Food in the NeighborhoodChicagowomanDined on 10/11/2014The food here is fresh, delicious, and consistent. Eat here!Special Features:
- Salsa 17 is greatBillyVIPDined on 10/10/2014An azing menu with great food. You must have the table side guac! The servers know the food so don't worry about asking questions ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN!JennDined on 10/1/2014This place is a great place for some food and drinks. My girlfriends and I really enjoyed a night out.Special Features:
- Return guestReturnDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed salsa17. Great waiter. Very good guac. I will go back. Second time thereSpecial Features:
- Poor Service...luv2dineDined on 9/27/2014Horrible service. Table was broken and as the server put the drink on the table it spilled all over me. The server started laughing and understood the table was broken but 1) never replaced the drink 2) never moved us to a proper table.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerWaltDined on 9/26/2014This place has great food and excellent service. We come here several times a year and it is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeThrillingDined on 9/22/2014A great place to get fantastic food! I have been there at least five times and will continue for years. Great Mexican dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was GreatGemini3545Dined on 9/2/2014Food was very good, much better choice than than the other lil mexican restaurant in Arlington heights, I believe the other one is called Mago. They also have a very impressive drink list. The service was ok, the server was very nice but the place was not busy and service was very slow. We waited a long time for drinks and refills and I cannot understand why because it wasn't busy. I would for sure give this place another chance because the food was sooooo good! Fajitas were great and drinks just as good! It is a bit on the expensive side for comparable places but portions are fairly large.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We love this place! So glad to see that we could make a reservation for four of us, otherwise the wait might not have been fun. Their guacamole is AMAZING!Special Features:
- ExcellentAHdiner52Dined on 8/21/2014This was my second visit to Salsa-17. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable, both in terms of the entree items on the menu and the drinks available/what drinks paired nicely with each entree. Food was excellent, authentic Mexican. Some entrees do tend to be pricier for those on a budget, but the food served is well worth the money spent. For the bargain eaters out there, have no worries! There are also items on the menu for around $10 which are still excellent and will definitely leave you full and content. An all around great experience (and great for a first date). Next time, I plan on ordering guacamole as it looked like they make it right at your table. Noise level was adequate, no real distractions.Special Features:
- DeliciousJomamaVIPDined on 8/18/2014We came for an early dinner on a Monday night. The place was almost empty, but that's to be expected. The food was very good, but quite pricey. Dinner for two with table side guacamole came to $70. We only had 1 drink. I will have to save this place for special occasions. Service was very good as we received everything quite promptly and the were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ownercreditcardTodDined on 8/17/2014Amy was very courteous to our group and loves kids. Thanks so much for your time with our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Enjoyed table side fresh made guacamole.Special Features:
- notpickyVIPDined on 8/15/2014one of best Mexican restaurants around especially quality of foodSpecial Features:
- ExcellentBillyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Our friends suggested Salsa17 - they'd not been there and only heard about it... the same position we were in. WOW From tableside guac to multiple Mole sauces - a great menu and great food!Special Features:
- DisappointedstrakitaDined on 7/29/2014My best friend and I have been frequenting this location for a long time. Since the ownership changed I have seen things go down hill. There's water damage above the bar where the veneering has not been fixed, benches with worn covers, beat up chairs that have sharp edges. I snagged the JEANS I was wearing. I have never seen denim snag. I ordered my usual Reina raspberry drink which is supposed to come with pureed berries. It was syrup out of a bottle mixed with the other ingredients. The salad which we ordered with dressing on the side came out soaked. Shrimp tacos were terrible tiny shrimp with no sauce. Chicken enchiladas were standard. Service was slower; annoying because there were not that many tables in there at 8:30 at night.
- love this placecmstyles3000Dined on 7/29/2014Been coming to this place for a long time and the service and food is just as amazing as the first time!Special Features:
- Carne Asada & La PasionBurleyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Delicious. The traditional mexican food with excellent cocktails is a perfect pairing. But I would go even if all they served was the salsa. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local place, nothing specialphysxphoodieDined on 7/26/2014We made reservations but were sat 15 minutes later, which is not too big of a deal. The bartender was very nice and let us sample the sangria before ordering it. Our table was not as nice, we were sitting so close to other tables that when the people next to us would get up or sit down they had to basically stick their butts over us... not a very romantic dining situation for our anniversary dinner. My wife ordered cheese enchiladas but we received chicken enchiladas. We wound up eating it because we knew the food would get thrown out if we sent it back but as conscientious vegetarians, we were troubled by the experience. The black bean and squash tamales I ordered were really good and the house salsa was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchJulieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We love Salsa 17, however the service could have been a little better. We waited forever to have someone take our drink order -- we then had to ask for chips and salsa after about 15 mins ... I think our server may have had too many tables, not sure what the problem was, but the service was not up to the regular standards. We'll be back though. Other than that, we enjoyed our lunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs tweakingHeyJudeVIPDined on 7/21/2014Went for w small group. SEated promptly but next to server station where things kept getting dropped or banged. Nice decor and background music. Cart for tableside guac- which was delicious. Margaritas just ok - not cold enough, not balanced in terms of the flavors for some of them, poor rimming of glasses, Queso fundido very greasy. Taco salad looked like they missed the shell when going to assemble it. Burrito ok, Tacos ok. Rice seasoning was not "spot on". Not sure if the berans were canned? House salsa not yempting. Pleasant server. Clean, accessible bathroom. Lots of bar seating available. Park on street or at public lot on the next block.
- BobbieVIPDined on 7/20/2014The food was delicious especially the chicken breast stuffed with cheese and a wonderful sauce. The fish tacos were also very flavorful. I loved the salsa with the chips. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mexican Food!CN29Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to Salsa 17 several times and have always had excellent meals. The wait staff is always helpful in steering you in the direction of the best dishes. From their own black bean salsa and the table side guacamole, you can't go wrong at Salsa 17!Special Features:
- Good foodBigBillDined on 7/12/2014If you don't mind the noise, the food is excellent. The grouper Vericruse was excellent . A little pricey good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriVIPDined on 7/11/2014Recommended by several friends, this proved to be a great restaurant. Great food, fun atmosphere and very friendly staff. I had salmon with chipotle mashed potatoes over corn....the presentation was awesome and so delicious . Huge portion, could definitely be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs up for food & ambiencesviksDined on 7/11/2014Good selection & variations of margaritas. The free chips & salsa keeps coming! Tableside guacamole was well made - bit spicy like we asked for. We're vegetarians & all the food we had was good, especially the quesadillas. They were very accommodating of slight changes to the dishes like adding/removing certain vegetables. Had no room for dessert, so unfortunately, didn't try any. Atmosphere is vibrant. All in all, a great place to come with your family or friends.Special Features:
- Great mexican foodJoJoDined on 7/7/2014I love mexican food, and Salsa 17 has the best food I have ever had in a mexican restaurant in Chicago. We go there often and everything we order is always fresh and juat amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorely disappointedwonteathereagainDined on 7/5/2014Went to Salsa 17 with friends for dinner.I ordered the shrimp and scallop burrito with no beans and a milder sauce.The waiter even repeated the order back to me twice.When the food came, the burrito was filled with beans.I told the waiter and he said that they can make me one to go. No apology.Usually, I just glance over the bill but I'm glad I looked at it this time.Our waiter had charged us for 6 meals (there were only 4 of us).He said that he originally entered the wrong orders in and forgot to delete them.Again,no apology or attempt to offer a discount or something.I was extremely disappointed because our friends had raved about this place.As for the replacement burrito, it had no beans but also had no sauce.We will not be going back.
- New favorite Mexican placeChiTownJohnnyBDined on 7/3/2014Fiesta party atmosphere and great food. The guacamole made fresh at table side was incredible. I had the beef medallions with sauce and it was also excellent. Definitely recommended and I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 446 reviews are from the Salsa 17 reviews archive.
- Salsa17 - Service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Food was very good and service was excellent. Our reservation was for 7:00 PM on a Saturday and we arrived about 30 minutes early; hostess stated our table should be ready in about 10-15 minutes and sure enough she called us 10 minutes later to seat us. Table side guacamole is excellent and our main dishes were spot on. Our waiter, Tony, did a great job answering our questions and explaining how each of the Moles sauces differ and even brought a sample of each for us to try.Special Features:
- Ladies NightKayEmYouDined on 6/4/2014Such a great, lowkey spot for a couple of margaritas and delicious food with friends!Special Features:
- Great Guacamole and Sangria!EdmosDined on 5/29/2014The tableside-prepared quacamole and the sangria were awesome -- best quac I've had in a long time! Our table had a mix of traditional and special entrees, and although the classics (tacos, enchiladas) won out over the salad and skirt steak (good flavor but a little too much fat), it was all pretty darned tasty. The service, decor and ambiance are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OledsscpaVIPDined on 5/18/2014How can you beat table side Guac? You can't! Excellent skirt steak fajitas and so much more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Mexican RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The salsa and chips are the best. Never had a salsa like that. The planked salmon is out of this world. We have had the spinach & mushroom quesadillas that were just amazing. The service has been impeccable each time I have been there. Highly recommend this establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Quality Mexican Food!jmlmlf1Dined on 5/10/2014We stopped by Salsa 17 with just our daughter for lunch about a year ago. It wasn't crowded and we didn't have to wait. Decided to return for dinner with the entire family but needed reservations to get a table. The food is excellent and of high quality. Noticed that there were many Mexican families (we also talked with them) sitting at the tables which is an indication to me as a non-Mexican that the food is authentic and good enough for people who probably know Mexican food to spend a fair amount to take a family out for dinner.Special Features:
- We will not returnDinersDined on 5/10/2014This was our second time at Salsa 17 but we will not return. We were there with another couple and all of us were disappointed. The chicken faiths were tasteless, the skirt steak was a piece of dried out shoe leather and my chili reinnos were served cold. When they were returned to me, the batter was a soggy mess, and the sauce tasted like it came from a bottle. Next time we will go back to Javier's.Special Features:
- Always top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We have been coming to Salsa 17 for years and as always, we had great service, followed be great food, Salsa 17 is doing it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- soxfanDined on 5/10/2014Authentic Mexican food with a great vibe. Nice to find great food in the suburbs without having to travel into ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant atmospherechachachaDined on 5/5/2014We went to Salsa 17 for Cinco de Mayo and were delighted to get right in with our reservation with Open Table. As you can imagine, there was a large crowd for the event but our service was prompt and friendly. The restaurant had a specialty drink menu for the event, lively décor, and commemorative glasses for guests to take home. We live in the area and this is one of our favorite restaurants in downtown Arlington Heights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch on a SundayJulieVIPDined on 5/4/2014We stopped in early afternoon on a Sunday to enjoy lunch. We were not disappointed. What a great lunch we had. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The entire staff was very attentive to each table, water and iced tea refills were excellent. The salsa and chips are delicious. We had burritos for lunch and they were fabulous. Thanks Salsa 17 -- see you next time.