1515 W. Mequon Rd, Ste 1
Mequon, WI 53092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.salottozarletti.com/
- Phone: 2622415990
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Salotto Zarletti
Salotto Zarletti: A New Place To Gather, is a dining experience designed by restauranteur, Brian Zarletti. The restaurant reflects Brian’s lifelong passion for Italian wine, food, and culture bringing a genuinità to Salotto Zarletti that can be felt throughout. We hope you enjoy the simple, thoughtful cuisine prepared by Executive Chef, Andrew Miller, who pays homage to southern Italian traditions and the bounty of delicious products found right here in the Midwest. Whether it’s Salotto’s Neopolitan pizza, hand-crafted in the wood-burning oven imported from Italy, or one of our many housemade pastas, each dish is prepared and presented with both appetite and aesthetic in mind. We are thrilled to welcome you to the world of Italian food, wine, and fun! Buon appetito!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Salotto Zarletti - Best Restaurants in Mequon ›
Salotto Zarletti reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (67)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (41)good for groups (39)great for lunch (38)vibrant bar scene (33)romantic (22)notable wine list (21)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- 7 out of 10KswizzleDined on 9/20/2014Heard great things, but honestly it's a fancy pizza place...but it is good pizza. Limited menu. Ordered an appetizer only to be told they ran out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Love the affogato!!!! A favorite dessert our ours from when we went to Italy for our honeymoon! Would like it to be in a taller glass, like an ice cream glass. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- NOISYmurielDined on 9/15/2014The food is excellent; however, the noise level in the restaurant makes it difficult to carry on a conversation with table mates. This is a chronic problem and I have heard a number of my friends say they won't go back because of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014First visit, but will be back. Food and service were both excellent, and not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad billing experienceMiley1435Dined on 9/11/2014We had a nice girls night out, but woke up to strange, multiple and random charges on our debit cards. It took multiple calls AND visits to the restaurant n order to vcorrect he mistakes. The manager was casually apologetic, but made NO move to comp us a discount or round of drinks for our inconvenience. Left a very bad taste in our mouths......
- celebrate with familyFirsttimesacharmDined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. My Mom had been there for lunch and enjoyed it, our son had been at the bar for appetizers, so we decided to give it a try. The menu was a bit of a challenge for us, but our server, Hugo was very helpful. All in all it was a nice evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return!sydkidinlaDined on 9/7/2014We were unsure we wanted to try this restaurant after looking at the menu online, but once we got in and were able to ask questions and have the menu explained to us (it is a traditional southern Italian menu, which we aren't familiar with), we were able to find many, many things we wanted to try. When the food arrived it was incredible! We ate things we were sure we didn't like but fell in love with them! While the prices are on the high end, everything was so exceptional it was worth it. We will definitely return to try more. The decor was tasteful, not too dramatic or cheesy, but with the high ceilings and the place being so wide open it could get a little noisy. We went at a slower time though so noise wasn't an issue at all.Special Features:
- louyVIPDined on 9/6/2014not sufficient info on menu to describe the dishes (whether it was a meat sauce, was a side dish like kale served hot/cold, etc). Very noisy. My wife has one hearing aide and we were with another couple. All of us had difficulty carrying on a conversation. Too many "hard surfaces" so sounds bounced around too much. Would not return because of the noise level.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014We were hoping it would have the same food quality as the restaurant downtown with a more casual vibe and lower price point. Food was not good enough for the prices charged. Decor was upscale yet comfortable.Special Features:
- Great food. Horribly loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our fourth time at this restaurant. The first on a Friday night. The food and service were very good. However, it was very busy and so loud, we could not hear the person next to us. Yelling while dining does not make for a pleasant experience. I hope the owner realizes this and takes some steps to correct this. I love a lively environment, but this was one step from painful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- salotto zarlettijaneg1Dined on 9/2/2014the grilled octopus was perfect and my husband is a judge of that. The rest of the meal was good and well paced. We found the burratta bland but maybe that is how it is supposed to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarMarymountVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great bartenders...friendly and very informed. Bar lacking Seagrams VO and some whiskey's....drink for thought..also prefer downtown menu......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Split Plate Charge IrritatingHawkeyeDined on 8/29/2014We have dined here about 4 times. They seem to be working through the glare from the west-facing windows and the service issues. The food is good, particularly the scallops entree. Noise is much too loud for us. We'd like to be able to hear our dinner companions when they speak. Also, the $3 split plate charge for a salad is irritating. Other fine restaurants split and plate a salad or even an entree as a matter of course without charge. Although $3 is not much on a $75 to $100 bill, I will remember the $3 charge whenever we consider whether to go to Salotto for dinner. Suppose we go elsewhere 3 or 4 times a year as result. That one $3 charge will pale compared with the lost business. It is a short-sighted and customer unfriendly policy.Special Features:
- Food and service was greatStmphotoDined on 8/28/2014Inventive food and amazing and funny server made this a great lunch with friendsSpecial Features:
- Excellent italian food- North SideOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Been there two times now, and both experiences were consistently the same - excellent service and terrific food. I love their burrata with the grilled italian bread lightly coated with olive oil. The wood-fired pizzas are delicious - but warning, they are more traditional pizzas (smaller with a thinner crust). Their outdoor patio is spacious, try to get there to catch a sunset while the warm days are still with us.
- Say it ain't soPaulVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have waited with great anticipation for Salotto Zarletti to open. The North Shore is in such dire need of decent eating facilities....unfortunately, this one does not make the grade. Reservation was at 7:15PM -group sat at 7:30. We thought it was because the restaurant was full, but when seated we noticed that a third of the facility was dark. Possibly not enough staff? Burrata was decent..BUT we bit into a piece of steel wool that was inside of it. The manager's response was....our chef doesn't recognize it but we're glad to take it off your bill if you'd like? What a question! Then when the bill came other items had been incorrectly upcharged to make up for the removal of the buratta...shame on you! Not the caliber of Zarletti's
- Dinner at Salotto ZarlettiMsLuckyDined on 8/23/2014Was enjoyable. We could not sit outside since the weather did not cooperate. So we ended up on the second level which was very quiet, and not very decorated. Service was very good, and some food was excellent, other items marginal. We all liked the veal meatballs appetizer. A little pricy.Special Features:
- BirthdaygirrlDined on 8/23/2014Great wines, apps, entrees & desserts! Will be back. Of note was the ragu pappardelle. Had way too much shaved garlic in it which over-powered the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorkyDined on 8/22/2014food was really good; we had an outstanding waitress, friendly, knowledgeable on menu and wine list. Will be back !Special Features:
- Loved it!TrudyVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was absolutely fabulous! Went there twice in seven days and both times thoroughly enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Our waitress was the only one taking care of the room, which included a table of 18 for lunch. We waited & waited for our order to be taken. The food arrived promptly, but there was no bread offered; when we inquired, we got bread w/o oil or butter offered. There was no pepper on the table; when we tracked the waitress down, she was "busy"w/her table of 18, & didn't call anyone from the other side to help her serve. My friend's entree was to have spring peas, which were apparently "forgotten" by the chef; when queried, they brought out some for her to add to her dish.
- Finally!out4dinnerDined on 8/21/2014Checked it out on a Thursday eve for dinner. Great dining room with view of the bar so could check out football scores while dining. Menu was great with many interesting choices and food was even better. Everything was delicious and service was great. Bar area had high tables and sofa seating by a fire place along with a substantially sized bar. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I tried Salotto Zarletti with another couple on a Friday night for dinner. The food we ordered was all fantastic. Appetizers octopus salad and prosciutto fritters were a great start and we all loved our pasta dishes. House-made pasta was wonderful - all dishes were fresh and tasted like Italy. Since we ate every bit of those we had no room left for entrees but we'll be back to try those next time.Special Features:
- We Love the FoodMackiVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here many times now and the food never disappoints. We like the authenticity of the cuisine. This is not your typical Italian-American spaghetti and meatballs, pepperoni pizza type of place. The pizza is made in the authentic Neopolitan style - which means it does have some burned spots, which only add to the flavor. The pizza combinations are also authentic and we like that they offer such a variety. No, you can't get a typical sausage onion and mushroom pizza. But you can get a delicious Sicilian style with eggplant and goat cheese. The menu is incredibly varied and offers something for everyone. Service is good, although it's a bit mechanical at times. Would love a little more personal interaction. Overall YUMMY!
- Great eveningalwayslovetoeatDined on 8/16/2014Wide ranging menu covering traditional and innovative Italian food. Great choices to share or only give up a bite. Fresh flavors, quality ingredients, and inventive pairings. Excellent, attentive service. Nicely decorated and enjoyed open kitchen. Noise level high and wine list limited.Special Features:
- First time visit and loved it!TrudyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Not only was our server very well versed on the menu, but the food was great! Will be going there again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Pizza was undercooked. The place looks nice and frirndly. Lots of easy parking. May give it one more try before crossing it off my list.
- Great mealdinemuchDined on 8/5/2014We went for the 1st time to Salutto's. Loved the atmosphere but a little noisy. Great to a restaurant like this in Mequon!!!!!! I had a pasta dish that was very good! 2 others in the group at the scallops which they both loved and would order again. The grilled octopus was a little tough but the pear salad was excellent. We would all go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service needs some workokayDined on 8/5/2014we loved our food but our waiter left something to be desired. I believe he was too busy and could not give the tables he had the attention they deserved. It was a bummer. We had to ask him for everything....he did not anticipate any of our needs.Special Features:
- Poor ExecutionEatoutoftenDined on 8/3/2014This place has potential but it's execution is off. The menu has some very nice items on it but none of our food was prepared very well. What we got was over cooked pasta and soggy pizza. The server was in another world. He stumbled over the list of specials and we had to ask for water and bread twice before it arrived. Management should step back and assess the operation of what could be a very good restaurant.
- Good Italian in MequonMiamiMomVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food at Salotto Zarletti was very good, but the service was slow and the big open space makes the dining room very noisy. I like a slow paced meal, but I do not like having to wait 15 minutes or more to pay the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second experience not stellarFoodgeekDined on 8/2/2014Our first meal here 2 months ago was wonderful and we looked forward to eating outside on the patio. The drinks were excellent and the homemade cheese very good. That was where it stopped. We never got water and the waitress was not clear on the menu items. The mussels appetizer had little taste, the lobster in the lobster spaghetti was over cooked to the point if being rubbery and the pizza just ok albeit very salty. Not sure we will go back and certainly not soon.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We had dinner on patio.. Food was outstanding as well as the service. Martini's were fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with the judgeBelladonnaDined on 8/1/2014the waiter was not aware of what he should do like fill water glasses, take used plates away in a timely manner. The arancini were not hot, barely warm. The caesar salad barely good enough to eat. The other liked their salad with fruit, etc. Pity such a nice place that we need in Mequon does not have better food. Previous visit, the pizza went back due to wet crust!!! Another time, the take out pizza was naked and we had to put things on it at home. I'm going to give up on Salotto!!Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014Interesting menu. The food was fine. Because of location we will probably returnSpecial Features:
- candymanVIPDined on 7/29/2014Had to send my salad back--it was drowning in dressing to the point I could not eat it. The noise level is extreme--could hardly hear our friends sitting across the table from us. Pizza was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre All AroundWineAndDineDined on 7/29/2014The appetizers were good while the entree was not anything special. I had veal and it was overcooked. Another member of my party was served 2 glasses of flat prosecco which were returned to the bar and appeared on the bill. Management did remove the charge but made no apology. Staff cleared the table while one member of our party was still eating. This was my second visit and see no reason to return.
- Just okFoodie12Dined on 7/26/2014This was the 2nd time my wife and I have eaten at Salotto's. We love the location, the patio is great, however, the food is just ok. The papparadelle lacked any zing. Needed a little more spice and the sausage was skimpy. Pizza's are good. I'm hoping the food improves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTickDined on 7/25/2014A welcome addition to Mewuon and area restaurant scene. The menu has welcome updated variations of familiar dishes and the service is excellent. Friendly attentive waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchJJ3487Dined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed our lunch, which included an appetizer, pastas, sandwich, desserts and coffee. The food is very well prepared and creative. The noise level during the core lunch period made it somewhat distracting and difficult to hear, but business was good. Our waitress was attentive, but not distracting. I will return for lunch. If I am looking for Italian food for dinner, however, I will eat at Zarletti's downtown location or at the Pasta Tree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.