3 East 40th Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salmonrivernyc.com/
- Phone: 2124817887
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner Daily: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Bar & Lounge: Monday -Saturday 12:00pm to 11pm, Sunday:5:00pm to 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Rene' Cuzco
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Located in the heart of midtown, just 2 blocks from Grand Central, Salmon River offers American Seafood Cuisine with attentive service in a warm & welcoming ambience. Group packages are available at multiple price levels in semi-private spaces and private rooms for groups of 20-100
- Private Party Contact: Gabriele Ranzato 2124817887
- Special Events: Perfect for any occasion (Rehearsal Dinner, Weddings, Business Meeting with A/V, Bachelorette Party, BIrthday Party Etc. Also we offer a $25 Prix Fixe Menu Monday to Friday from 12:00 noon to 9:30pm Saturday and Sunday 5Pm to 10Pm
A word from Salmon River
A very pleasing culinary catch can be had at the bright new Salmon River. Contemporary restaurant has a lean clean look with menu to match. Warm and inviting Salmon River has proven to be a magnet for seafood lovers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salmon River reviews from OpenTable diners
- mixed feelingsbligDined on 6/27/2013although the menu was nice and the food very well prepared, my husband and I left the restaurant hungry (and we're not the biggest eaters). I would rather pay a little more and receive a portion where the entree including the side dishes didn't all fit on an 8 inch plate!
- I have been to this restaurantBillDined on 6/27/2013I have been to this restaurant on many occasions and have not been disappointed in the past and this was no exception. I choose Salmon River because my associate requested seafood. My dish was a mixed seafood grill which consisted of salmon, shrimp & scallops over rice and asparagus and my associate had salmon. We both enjoyed our lunches very much and I will continue to patronize this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent salmon - no surprise!josephVIPDined on 5/21/2013Our lunch was wonderful - the salmon was superb. A nice respite from work for a quiet lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering food...niceAndieEatsDined on 5/20/2013Mouth watering food...nice ambience at very affordable pricing for NYC. Great servings. You dont walk away wishing for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was adequate.TriceVIPDined on 5/13/2013Met my needs for location and time. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Salmon at Salmon RiverBawledVIPDined on 5/9/2013As the name implies, there is a multitude of salmon dishes available at Salmon River. There is also enough choices for those who prefer something else but you're missing something if you don't have one of their namesake dishes. Service is excellent, the food and the wine list are very good and you're not rushed or bothered so you can dine leisurely or have a business lunch without interruption.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a quick lunch here, serviceeurokingDined on 4/26/2013Had a quick lunch here, service was good and food fine.
- I've been here many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2013I've been here many times in the past 8 years and I love it and always know I will be happy with my meal ! I've told numerous people about your place and they i turn have loved it as we'll!Special Features:
- Very noisy. Manager is verynycdiner66VIPDined on 4/10/2013Very noisy. Manager is very nice and helpful. Fast kitchen Salmon burger us very good but never saw the waiter again for more sauce.Special Features:
- It was too quite. AppetizerDiplomatVIPDined on 4/1/2013It was too quite. Appetizer options are too few, and don't fit the theme of the restaurant, i.e Salmon or even sea food.
- The salmon was wonderful -DavidVIPDined on 3/22/2013The salmon was wonderful - maybe the best. The prix fixe seemed like a value until you saw that the cheese cake was about 1/8" thick - about two bites. The sounds from the bar grew louder and louder until it was intolerable by the end. It appeared to be one loud group but we recalled that the same thing happened on our previous visit.Special Features:
- Great service, nice lookingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2013Great service, nice looking plates coming out of the kitchen. Perfect mid-town location.Special Features:
- Had a dinner party of fourteen.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Had a dinner party of fourteen. Everything went like clockwork Service was superior. Food choices were admirable and all guests really appreciated the effort made by the great staff Thanks.Special Features:
- Meals were okay, not outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Meals were okay, not outstanding. One of my dining companions had numerous bones in their fish.
- Good food and convenientDanjoenicDined on 2/20/2013Midtown convenient lunch spot. It's not fancy and the service is just ok. Overall a decent value and good food.Special Features:
- it is great if you love salmon,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2013it is great if you love salmon, difficult to bring guests to if you do not know their culinary habits as menu is limited Nice quiet place for lunch. Never been for dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Great food, excellent service in a quiet, classy environment. Perfect place to meet and discuss business.Special Features:
- The selection of salmon dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2013The selection of salmon dishes were terrific, beautifully flavored, fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Great location. Salmon wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/24/2013Great location. Salmon was delicious. Service was without charm or attention. I
- I have typically gone to SalmonBillDined on 1/23/2013I have typically gone to Salmon River for lunch and it has been consistently good. This time, I had dinner with three other people and all of our meals were very good. It was pretty empty (Wednesday evening) so noise was not an issue. All in all a very good dinner and I wouldn't hesitate to dine there again.Special Features:
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/23/2012Used my phone to find this restaurant while we were visiting downtown New York. Service could have used a smile and the food was average.
- Great business lunch meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/21/2012Great business lunch meeting spot; we each ordered the beef lunch special and it was delicious and not overwhelming.Special Features:
- Went for a business lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Went for a business lunch. Wait staff did a great job of servicing the table while allowing us to conduct our meeting uninterrupted.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful meal withkirbodDined on 12/14/2012We had a wonderful meal with very good service and a very pleasant ambience. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.Special Features:
- good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012good food and good service if one has to be in that area. Little ambiance and very noisy.
- This restaurant is OK, notOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/13/2012This restaurant is OK, not great. The decor needs to be updated, and the menu if very limited, but there are limited sit-down choices in the area, so it's a good back up choice.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Very tasty prix fare Thanksgiving offerings - excellent value!Special Features:
- It was a good choice for ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012It was a good choice for Thanksgiving dinner. The food overall was good and reasonably priced. It was a good location for lunch after the Macy's Day Parade.
- Wonderful Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner with 4 children ages 8-18, all were happy and prices very reasonable for NYC.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2012tough night as it was during Hurricane Sandy aftermath
- The convenience of this locationKathyPeterVIPDined on 10/15/2012The convenience of this location is the only reason I returned to this place. All else is mediocre.
- Good fish as expected. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2012Good fish as expected. Nothing too great in terms of decorSpecial Features:
- I had the organic salmon andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2012I had the organic salmon and it was well prepared but not as flavorful as I had hoped. The restaurant was quiet when I was there and my dining companion appreciated being able to have a nice conversation. The staff was very attentive and answered our questions about the menu. We were looking for a quiet place and relaxed atmosphere and certainly found it here.Special Features:
- Not great food but a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2012Not great food but a quiet place if you are looking to hear a conversation.
- I've dined at Salmon RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012I've dined at Salmon River several times and it is always a wonderful experience. Beautiful decor, quiet, well spaced tables and wonderful food and service. The prix fixe dinner is terrific, too. I always recommend Salmon River to friends.Special Features:
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2012The service was excellent. Got our food very fast, wait staff was very attentive.
- Lunchtime was a little toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012Lunchtime was a little to noise to have a business lunch. Otherwise everything elso was very good.
- Disappointing - the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2012Disappointing - the food was fair - and there was almost NOTHING for the vegetarian in our group.
- We enjoy dining here for theMVorelDined on 7/10/2012We enjoy dining here for the noise level is much less and you can have a quiet conversation without having to yell across the table or overhear other intimate talk.Special Features:
- The food, as usual, was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2012The food, as usual, was very good. Service continues to decline. Nothing terribly bad, but also nothing good to say about it and good service is part of the dining experience. There is no professionalism or attentativeness in the staff.