Salitre Meson Costero
Carretera 681 Km 3.8
Arecibo, PR 00612Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Salitre Meson Costero
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salitre.com/
- Phone: (787) 816-2020
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-thursday : 11:00am - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Puerto Rican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live relaxing Music every friday and saturday from 7:00 pm.
- Special Events: Excellent for oceanfront weddings
A word from Salitre Meson Costero
Oceanfront restaurant located in Arecibo on the central north shore of Puerto Rico an hour drive from the San Juan International Airport. Salitre showcases fresh local caught seafood, prime meats and a wide array of "Tapas". Full service bar and excellent wine list at affordable prices. Ample parking and heliport available. Helicopter tours available with a stop over for lunch or dinner. Live relaxing music every friday and saturday from 7:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salitre Meson Costero reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Especial!josh1190Dined on 6/28/2014Exelente Ambiente para ir en pareja a un date especial, exelente servicio, buena comida. Tardo un poco pero con la vista y el ambiente vale la espera!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014My fiance went while we were staying in Arecibo and we had a phenomenal experience. The coconut shrimp appetizer is so light, and tasty and the dipping sauce was perfect! I had the seafood medley mofongo and cleaned my plate. It was amazing, although paying $32 for it was a little steep, it was worth every penny! My fiance had the tuna burger and loved how fresh it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014Changed my reservation from dinner to lunch due to unexpected change of plans. Excellent location on the water. Food was wonderful. Little pricey, but quality worth it.Special Features:
- OkGoodDined on 2/9/2014Good ambience, but the food is a little bit expensive. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missed Puerto Rica jewelAleksandrPeterburgskyiDined on 12/24/2013The food is the freshest and most delightful - fresh tuna in a most piquant and slightly spicy sauce started our dinner on a high note. The octopus slightly grilled with oil and spices was soft enough to melt in the mouth, the cilli (not sure of spelling) - small fish native to PR - stuffed red peppers were buttery and refreshing after more spicy tuna. the main course of fresh mahi-mahi in butter sauce was flavorful and memorable, the grilled grouper was soft and flavorful in the crust soft and flavorful. The view of the sunset, the changing colors of the sky and the sea, the waves breaking onto the stones hugging the shore, the distant surfers - the effect is life enhancing. The waitresses are beautiful, pleasant, and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buen servicio, excelente comida,KiaraAngelyDined on 11/9/2013Buen servicio, excelente comida, hermosa vista. Me encantó todo!!Special Features:
- Not the same it used to be.BostonTouristDined on 9/8/2013Third time to this place and the quality of the food, and service has been decaying. And the prices had increased significantly. Worst fried plantain ever, hard as a rock. On the other hand the fried whole fish was outstanding, as well as the basil and garlic sauce. The desserts also were great. I know they will improve.Special Features:
- Fish not so greatGGSouthbeachDined on 7/4/2013Great service, great view...unfortunately fish was not so great and frozen. Had to sent it backSpecial Features:
- Good Family ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013The ocean view was really nice and so were the waitresses. The food was good but no as spectacular as others had mentioned. Its a great place to go for a sunday lunch with family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente vistaSharonDined on 5/11/2013Excelente vista, ambiente de relajacion. La comida muy buena y recomendada por la mesera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and seafoodFoodieDined on 4/7/2013After trying to find a few places to eat away from the San Juan area we finally found this place which offered great fresh seafood in a great relaxed ambiance. Service was good and we felt no rush at all to finish our meals. I would definetely recommend this place.Special Features:
- This is a great place forBCDadVIPDined on 3/26/2013This is a great place for unbelievably fresh fish. While the restaurant was a little farther away from our hotel in Isabella than we expected, it was well worth the drive. The staff and the owner were very understanding. The owner stopped by our table several times and even told us that he would send a car to get us if our schedule allowed us to return. The owner showed us photographs taken earlier that afternoon of a whale who was frolicking within sight of his restaurant. I had the most unbeliveably fresh and tasty blackened red snapper. Prior to serving it to me, they brought the fish out for me to look at and approve its size and color. It looked like it had just been pulled out of the water!Special Features:
- Service was awesome, but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Service was awesome, but there is always an opportunity to improve. For example, there is a waiter's station (a gathering spot) right on the terrace entrance and i rather have it outside the dinning area, cause i don't like listening which table is gonna be served by whom and so on. Sometimes waiters "argue" among them (in a friendly way)making thebdinning experience somehow uncomfortable. Other than that, i belivd it was a greatbexperience and i even recommended my friends to visit asap! Thank you for asking =) We'll be back soon! Q.Special Features:
- I would prefer to sit in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012I would prefer to sit in the indoors Airconditioned room but it is too dark for a lunch when light and sun are still at their peek outdoors. Maybe someday you will adjust to making the indoors lighter and brighter during the day.Special Features: