Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://salitoscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 4153313226x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast until 3 pm every day
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: J. C. Becerra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Contact: Charlie Hamilton 4153313226x
A word from Salito’s
The setting is quintessential Sausalito--the deck overlooking Richardson Bay and the boats passing by, sunshine and a day to relax and enjoy seafood, prime rib, fresh oysters,Dungeness crab and many varieties of salumi. Casual dining any day of the week at a Sausalito institution.Continued
Breakfast every day until 3 pm.
Breakfast every day until 3 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Salito’s - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Salito’s reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (124)scenic view (118)great for lunch (72)good for groups (68)great for brunch (44)kid-friendly (41)fit for foodies (38)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (36)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (20)notable wine list (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- RecommendedBarauderieDined on 9/27/2014Very good meal. Service friendly and professional. Busy and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Crabs and Seafood clearly their speciality and they know what they are doing. Will happily return when in Sausalito again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The wines on the wine list are substantially overpriced. Particularly based on the size of the pour.Special Features:
- Gorgeous view of the bay!Jenaqt23VIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband got the crabwich sandwich which was delicious and I got a salad which was a nice sized portion. Their potatoes are so good. The view is why you need to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excllent food $ excellent viewMarinLibrarianDined on 9/21/2014Took out-of-town restaurant owners to Salito's. they were very impresed wiht the food, location and view- definitely a special occasion place.Special Features:
- 1st time in Sausalito2piratesDined on 9/19/2014Was given a very good table for a view for our party of 6. Enjoyed the food - it is not quite a foodie place, but very enjoyable. Being from the South it is a little pricey. - - - - Constructive criticism is that they may let you linger just a tad too long after serving beverages(Beer and Wine) - perhaps so that you will need another?? - -at $6.95 for a beer that adds up. Overall we enjoyed our experience and would return if ever this way again.Special Features:
- Amazing patio at nightmonty2112Dined on 9/17/2014On the water at night on the patio.....amazing lights, view on the bay, great vibe and the food was just as amazing. Get the sanddabs or crap enchiladas!!Special Features:
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/17/2014We were there for lunch and it was fantastic. The crabwich was delicious and the view was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Dinner on the waterRord58VIPDined on 9/10/2014We went to Salito's looking for good seafood and we found it. The outdoor dining was excellent and the food was great. We'd go there again.Special Features:
- Looking forward to returning soon.BayAreaFoodCriticDined on 9/6/2014This is a hidden gem. The atmosphere on the water is great, the outdoor heaters are highly effective when the sun goes down, the service is 5 star, and the food is better than good. We had not been there before but will definitely return. We did not know that it is the same restaurant group as The Dead Fish in Crockett which is also highly recommended for good and atmosphere. The prices are expensive but not overly so. The only criticism I have is that the parking situation sucks and you should be prepared to walk a couple of blocks to get there. Overall: Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A +snoopdogDined on 9/6/2014We arrived at Salito's at 4 PM and left at 10 PM. We met old and close friends there who we don't see often enough because we live far enough away from each other to make that difficult. Our server was very sweet and accommodating and didn't put any pressure on us to move on. The menu was varied and interesting and the food was very good. The bar provided good drinks and the wine list was decent. The ambience is unique and beautiful. We sat outside and watched the sun set over the yacht harbor which is next to the deck of the restaurant. Although the weather got a little chilly at one point the restaurant has well positioned outdoor heaters and an awning which is retractable. All in all I give this restaurant an A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheers to Salito'sSfladyDined on 9/2/2014We had A delightful, lunch, seated looking out over the patio and yacht harbor of Sausalito..sunny, warm and relaxing.....great attentive and friendly service, best bloody "chile' Mary ever, and the seafood pasta with generous portions of crab, cod, prawns, baby calamari mussels and a perfect cioppino sauce, a big wow. the crab cake, all crab and no fillers to distract, very tasty. Huge portion of fried calamari was huge and perfectly done..roasted mussels were yummy as were the crab enchiladas, with generous portions of crab.....all 7 of us were all very happy a perfect parfait of cappuccino, mocha and chocolate mousse. Definitely, we will return to and recommend to our friends....free parking and an easy walk from the ferry plaza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funGabyDined on 8/31/2014It has excellent food with a great view of the hills and the water. Good service and it is a fun place.Special Features:
- Lovely...StunningDined on 8/30/2014It was a delightful evening at Salitos... Everything could not have been better except our waiter wasn't on the ball. Two people at our table didn't get their meal with everyone else and they had to wait because he either didn't take their order or overlooked their order. Other than that everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very good food, service and beautiful view. Thoroughly enjoyed the dinner there and appreciate the easy reservation using opentableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014A great place for outside dinning. Food is always great as is the wait staff. Relaxed dinning, never rushed.Special Features:
- highly recommend-AnnaVIPDined on 8/23/2014Gorgeous setting. The heaters made the patio a delightful temperature. A very special treat to dine here.Special Features:
- ExcelentDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I very much enjoy our wonderful dinner. We look to visit your again.Special Features:
- Has improvedyodewoDined on 8/16/2014When we first went to Salito's we were disappointed by the disorganized service, it was BAD! However, we tried again and again, and have been very happy with not only the service but the quality of the food. They have a great selection and many gluten free choices.Special Features:
- Very disappointed for the cost.DonovanDined on 8/16/2014Very disappointed in quality of food for the price tag. Spend your money elsewhereSpecial Features:
- OK Not GreatDinewclassVIPDined on 8/15/2014I thought a "seafood" place with the Cioppino posted over 1/4 of a page on the menu deserves much to brag about. But not quite. The Cioppino was limited in seafood, just a couple of tiny shrimps, and mussels but lots of potatoes (really??) corn on the cob and carrots. The sauce was too thick with no thyme or herb flavor. I will go to San Francisco's Wharf area for Cioppino's any time.Special Features:
- Magnifico lugarLourdesfromspainDined on 8/14/2014Habiamos visto buenas criticas en internet, pero la experiencia real fue aun mejor. Servicio muy atento, nos atendieron en español, la comida deliciosa, el local muy amplio y con perfectas vistas. El mejor restaurante que hemos visitado tras diez dias en California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrhipuDined on 8/9/2014I am very glad to have choosen Salitos for lunch after biking the golden gate..the view is very nice, the ambiance was very pleasant, lot of people but not noisy, the service was friendly and efficient and the food was very good with fair prieces..also they dont charge if you bring your own wine..i will be back next time I go to SausalitoSpecial Features:
- alansussDined on 8/8/2014Open seating is great. I would definitely go back. Nice job.Special Features:
- Great viesAvatarDined on 8/1/2014. The young lady waiting on us never smiled. (Bad hair day?) not sure why. The food is good not great but the view is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what I wantedWineFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014A great Crab Louis with a nice view of the Bay in Sausalito. Brought our own wine and they charged no corkage fee. Love this place. It fills a niche perfectly for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location isn't everythingJWSsfVIPDined on 7/29/2014Beautiful setting on the water, boats, islands, birds, etc., plus limited parking. BUT food was mediocre to terrible, the worst chowder I've ever had. If they served Progresso's, it would be an improvement. Service slow and they actually brought back a fork from a cleared plate. This could be a stand-out, sell-out restaurant if management cared enough. For the best you're going to get from this place, just go for drinks and an appetizer on a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Hard to beat surf and turfTheSeekerDined on 7/27/2014Eat outside it's worthwhile, nice views. Food was very good, prime rib and crab, sizzling platters of muscles, shrimp and the like are fantastic. EnjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great crabSandraVIPDined on 7/27/2014The crab Louie was really excellent. The spicy Bloody Mary was really good. The Salted Caramel Cake was light and beyond delicious.. The service was great. I made my reservation at the wrong time.......They still seated me...Special Features:
- Perfect place.RustyDined on 7/25/2014Eating at Salito's is a great place to eat. Plenty of options to chose from on the menu and all good. It is the kind of place that fits any occasion you want to have or "you want to make it." Dress up or dress down, Quiet or Fun.Special Features:
- underwhelmedwineholeDined on 7/23/2014We went to Salito's for my daughter's 18th birthday. 4 adults and 3 late teens. The view is truly amazing, the bar looked energetic and fun. The food, however, was just underwhelming. Ciopinno was not will stocked with seafood, the calamari was chewy and not fried well, the beet salad was tasty and fresh. The service was also poor. The waiter forgot a side dish for the birthday girl, was not around when we wanted to order more wine and the picking up the check took way too long. I would go back for a cocktail, NOT for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Not what we hopedGregSDined on 7/21/2014First of all, the scenery on the waterfront and the service was above average. The real disappointment came with the food. The clam chowder is grossly misnamed, as it was in my opinion potato soup with some crab meat sprinkled on top. The crab enchilada and steamed crabs both failed to wow as well. Overall, not what we were expecting.Special Features:
- CowgirlMacDined on 7/20/2014Loved having the ability to choose several different items to sample off of the menu! The portions were more than adequate and everything was delicious - each item with its own unique taste as opposed to everything tasting the same with the same spices and flavors. In addition to the crab, the crab cakes and mussels are a must-have - as is the bread!! Service was very good and attentive.Special Features:
- beautiful setting & presentationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014While we had some minor difficulties, lunch was wonderful. The food was delicious and the kitchen willing to work with special requests. Presentations were all beautiful. Service friendly. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So - soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Great view and ambience ; good vibe - good , not so hot! Service was okay - took a long time to get our cocktails!!Special Features:
- Best Birthday Celebration on WaterQueenieDined on 7/12/2014Birthday Celebration perfect. Parking a plus. Outside patio a must. Service outstanding. Food good except the salad Crab Louie needed more crab. Order the hot bread. We will all had FUN and will return.Special Features:
- Great Prime RibDiningwithdrewDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food and very consistent. Excellent every time!Special Features:
- one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014we had mussels that were delicious and plentiful. The poor waiter had to wait for us to order because we met up with long lost friends but He did not show impatience. Great place Pierre HornSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Venue, Staff and Food!JackfromsanrafaelDined on 7/7/2014We needed a Monday night birthday party venue for 20 people in Sausalito and Salito's fit the bill nicely. Peter the manager handled all our questions and needs for the party and the wait staff was fantastic! Top that off with a great menus and view to the bay and the entire combination just worked! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2014First, they tried to seat me in a corner by kitchen (I reserved a water view). Then, when I used restroom, they cleared my table and were already seating someone else when I returned. My Loiue salad with crab came without crab. My waiter went missing and I could not check out. And, worst of all, I received none of sincere apologies.
- A great brunchEcalawayDined on 7/6/2014The food was really good The crab louis was lush and the crab enchiladas over the top. I wish I could have had the meats plates but for us it would have been too much. I would love to come back for drinks and the meat platter and the Kettle bread. Also I plan to come back for the Prime Rib dinner.Special Features: