621 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60661Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salerochicago.com/
- Phone: 3124661000
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday - Friday 5:00pm - 2:00am,
Saturday 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque
- Executive Chef: Ashlee Aubin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Coming late Fall 2014
- Private Party Contact: Franco Gianni 3124661000x
A word from Salero
From the creative culinary minds that brought WOOD to Lakeview, Chicago welcomes Salero to Restaurant Row. Chef Ashlee Aubin and team introduce Modern Spanish Cuisine to the West Loop and Randolph Street will never be the same. We invite you to unwind at our Pinxtos Bar, where you can enjoy a vast selection of wine and sherry while sampling seasonal Basque-inspired bite-sized dishes. With every course, we strive to incorporate only the freshest local ingredients and authentic Spanish traditions. Remember, Salero is not your typical Spanish fare; you will find no tapas here!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salero reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)special occasion (22)hot spot (21)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (4)Show More
- oh desserts!mwfoodDined on 9/27/2014We came here for champagne and desserts and couldn't have been happier. We shared three desserts and wished we would have more in each dish. They were DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Splendid SpanishLakeviewNeighborVIPDined on 9/27/2014Awesome experience. Every dish is smartly crafted with bold, clear flavors. Service just as good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- MPG56Dined on 9/24/2014Fantastic dinner for a small (6) buisiness group. Excellent service, and great food from start to finish. Noise level was perfect for us - no need to raise our voices to be heard - a rare treat for a smallish yet busy place. I would gladly return any time.Special Features:
- spanish-alternative to usual tapasrockhyraxDined on 9/21/2014Delicious alternative to tapas and paella-clean, fresh, tasty modern spanish, attentive knowledgable waitstaff and manager checked in with us as well. Expensive, but very much enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish restaurant!WingsbraDined on 9/20/2014The food was out of this world! Very Spanish and very good. Great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep it coming!Chicagofoodlover23Dined on 9/20/2014We celebrated a birthday with a bigger group, and tried almost every appetizer on the menu - all were outstanding - in particular the grilled octopus and saffron risotto with crab. Our only complaint was that the drink service was a bit slow, but we were also given complimentary shots of a Spanish liqueur which definitely made up for the lag-time in refills. This northern Spanish restaurant is a gem and a great addition to the neighborhood. We wish it "moderate success" so we can easily get a table in the future!Special Features:
- Great dinner at SaleroWDP3VIPDined on 9/19/2014Dinner for two on Friday night three weeks after opening. The food was spot on with great flavors and was well prepared. Service was surprisingly fluid and friendly having just opened. The space is laid out well so you don't feel that you're having dinner with the tables next to you. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentSimplePleasuresDined on 9/16/2014I'm not full of witty banter this afternoon. So, simply stated...everything about this dining experience was spot on. The server was warm and knowledgeable. The ambiance, inviting. And the food and drink, among the best I've had the pleasure to taste in years. Inventive without being offensive. All flavours and textures compliment one another. Something for everyone and not a morsel left on the plate.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs help...BenjamonVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food here was amazing! We ordered 4 different appetizers and three main courses and everything looked amazing and tasted even better. The cocktails were great and we made two excellent choices from the extensive wine list. However, when paying this much for dinner you should not have to wait 10 minutes for coffee after you have ordered it with desert nor for a wine list after you request one. Even at the beginning of the night, rather than have four people ask whether we have ordered drinks yet just have someone bring them quicker. With such great food, Salero has great promise but they will not truly soar until they make improvements in service to match the food and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Loved everything about Salero. Good vibe, simple but stylish interior, great service and great food. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great food and friendly service!AneighborVIPDined on 9/12/2014Wood is a favorite haunt of mine and this new place was even better than that restaurant! Food and service outstanding! David and Nate at the bar started things off great! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great flavorsmwfoodDined on 9/11/2014My friend and I had an amazing dinner. The beet salad, the churros and flan were simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No need to wait to goOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/9/2014The recently opened restaurant is doing everything right. The food is both creative and approachable. Everything was excellent, from the appetizers to the entrees and desserts. The wine recommendation from our server worked with all of our dishes and was very good. The service was attentive and professional with practices normally associated only with upper-end fine dining restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- authentic Basque country experiencerwj1007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Having visited northern Spain this summer, I felt like I was back in San Sebastian. The food and wine selections are reflections of the Basque region in an elegant contemporary space. Lots of great pintxos, appetizer, entrée and dessert choices. Our group ordered many items to share and were not disappointed with any. ("Gilda", quail, octopus and pork belly were the favorites) Excellent service by a knowledgeable staff. A bit pricey, especially the wine list, but nonetheless a great dining experience. Only open two weeks, but soon to be a Chicago hotspot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal we have had in awhileEKellyDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I had dinner at Salero the other night. We were blown away by the food! Everything was delicious! The oxtail stuffed peppers with the steak are genius. The cocktails were amazing! Even though I shouldn't, I could drink cloud 9s all day. Service was impeccable! The decor was gorgeous. We were impressed with every aspect of our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great startOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014You can tell that its a newer restaurant as the table service was slow and the bar was overwhelmed. Despite the hiccups that I'm sure will get worked out over time, it was a great meal. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- mrmustardVIPDined on 8/28/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience during Salero's opening week. The menu was refreshingly different then any other spanish restaurant we'd dined at before; straying away from the traditional tapas menu. We ended up sharing 4 apps and 4 entree's between 4 people in our party, which was a perfect amount of food. Some highlights were the Blue Headed Prawns with Sweet Corn Soup, Chorizo Stuffed Quail, and the Confit Potatoes a la Plancha. The restaurant itself had a great vibe and energetic staff. We will be back!Special Features:
- Loved it!!BethVIPDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful dining experience. Great balanced flavors. Talented culinary team. Accommodating staff. Exciting wine list. Happy place. Franco was so welcoming. All the waitstaff were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refined Spanish CuisineLD203VIPDined on 8/23/2014MUST have the gazpacho; each appetizer and entree were full of delicious surprises. The cuisine focuses on Northern Spain (don't think paellas) and each dish is artfully prepared and wonderfully executed. Salero is still working out the kinks in service as to be expected for the first night - drinks took quite a while as well as the various courses. For dessert do NOT skip the churros!Special Features:
- a findeat2liveDined on 8/23/2014Franco has done it again after his success at Wood. Great ambiance, large portions, enthusiastic staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014We were here on opening night. Everything was fantastic. I had the lamb, my wife had the flat-iron steak. Both were excellent. Great cocktails too! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- deliciousfoodieDined on 8/21/2014perfect spanish flavors with seasonal ingredients and the best flan ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Salero reviews archive.