Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort
480 South Collier Blvd
Marco Island, FL 34145Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcoresort.com/sale-e-pepe-italian-restaurant.htm
- Phone: 2393931600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Tuesday: closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuliano Matarese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Parties up to 150 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Special Menu paired by wines from an extensive collection recognized by Wine Spectator magazine.
- Private Party Contact: Ivo Nedelchev 2393931610x
A word from Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort
Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, the Sale e Pepe® dining room offers gourmet Italian cuisine and authentic ambiance that are simply sublime. The dining experience transports you to romantic Italy with surroundings of aged stone, marble floors, arabesque walls and hand-painted frescoes.Chef Giuliano Matarese and his culinary team create, from scratch daily, a menu straight from his Southern Italian homeland, and pair it with wines from an extensive collection recognized by Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort - Best Restaurants in Marco Island ›
Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)scenic view (41)romantic (35)special occasion (34)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- RoyCS1VIPDined on 8/30/2014Ocean and sun set view, but a little hard to find in the back of the hotelSpecial Features:
- Sale e Pepe's a hit.BeacheatsDined on 8/20/2014Beautiful sunset dining. Excellent food and ambience in upscale setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of sunsetGrillMasterVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were seated promptly at a window table overlooking the patio and the Gulf--very scenic. Our server, Svetlana, greeted us immediately. Cocktails were prepared perfectly. There were several prix fixe options which included soup or salad, an entree, and a dessert. Of the four of us, I had veal, the others seafood. The soup was excellent, the entrees very good. The wine list was comprehensive, but pricy. I would prefer more value wines. Svetlana was not overly friendly, but very efficient and attentive. I recommend making reservations about a half hour before sunset; if you can't see it from your table, you can step outside onto the patio. Sale E Pepe is perfectly situated for viewing sunsets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ocean viewTravelanddineDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful view of the gulf! Very romantic. Service is lacking, which makes a good restaurant just fair. Never received our drink order, but did get another diners merlot. Asked for more Olive bread, got a bowl of Olive oil. My husband asked for anchovies for his salad. I had them in mine,and the server put her fingers in my food! The entrees were good. I had a fish special and my husband had a pasta with lamb Ragu. It was my birthday and the resteraunt provided two mini mini cookies and two baby strawberries. Not much of a celebratory dessert so went elsewhere afterwards and had our dessert and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular view and service.Champagne4meDined on 8/13/2014Resturant was beautiful with a European flair. Food and wine were exceptional. Service was superior in all aspects. It was my birthday and had a memorable evening with a great sunset view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed a fantastic meal at this restaurant on Sunday night to celebrate our anniversary. The location is first class and we had a wonderful view of the sunset. Our waiter Marco was very helpful, pleasant and enthusiastic and made for a memorable dinner on Marco Island. Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Gourmet Italian Dining at its Best!OhgeorgeVIPDined on 8/7/2014Wow! Great, great food in a wonderful beach front setting with the Gulf of Mexico before you. Go at sunset if you can as sunsets on even a cloudy evening are charming. The highlight, of course, is Chef Giuliano's award winning cooking. And, the nice part is that it will not break your pocketbook in return for a memorable evening. Although the young professional servers are attentive and knowledgeable, my advice is to seek the advice of the senior host on duty about your menu selection. She or he can guide you through the a la carte selections and help you create a a memorable meal to your personal tastes. They also know their wines. There is, however, also a value-priced menu with wine that has varied offerings that may satisfy your needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBigKeithDined on 8/1/2014Excellent food, attentive staff, great wine list. I would definitely return. Restaurant is tucked back behind the resort property and not the easiest to locate.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerALM54Dined on 7/31/2014We are part time residents of the area and whenever we are here it's a given that we go to Sale e Pepe. Great service, great food and a gorgeous sunset too. The only bad point is it is popular with groups and some diners tend to be overly loud.Special Features:
- Always a great mealDennisRVIPDined on 7/30/2014We have dined here often over the years and always enjoy every aspect. Their summer special menu is often what we order but with their price hike ($45 for 3 courses) we opted for their regular menu and skipped the desert. Great pasta cooked perfectly and wonderful grouper dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the view!!MarconurseDined on 7/30/2014Went there for our anniversary with some friends. Service was wonderful. Great view of the Gulf. Food was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BenichDined on 7/26/2014Just a great place to eat! Gourmet food and fair prices for that type of fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014The service by our waiter was poor but other servers made up for his shortcomings. We felt that it was inappropriate for them to build in an automatic 18% gratuity for a table of 4 given that the waiter failed to do his job properly. We did make sure that the other workers were properly tipped for their service.Special Features:
- DisappointedMarcodinerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Living on Marco we have eaten here numerous times & enjoyed. Had 4th of July here & not only was the service extremely poor but the food was overcooked, cold & sloppily plated. Embarrassed that we brought out of town guests!
- Breathtaking ocean viewPalmer3465Dined on 7/3/2014The food was very tasty. The view is magnificent. The service was very good. The wine list is well rounded and carries some nice selections. There could be one or two more common dishes added to the menu for the younger guests. My son and daughter had the filet and it was fantastic. The pasta's were excellent. The veal chop was delightful and I loved it. The deserts were very good as well.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceSummitDined on 6/29/2014The ambience of the restaurant is outstanding with its view of the Gulf of Mexico. The service was attentive, not intrusive and quite helpful with recommendations. The food in its presentation and taste is unforgettable. If you are in the Marco Island area, this is a restaurant you and a special someone need to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Has ChangedfoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014We have been to Sole e Pepe a number of times and have always been impressed. This time, however, was different. The menu was very limited and the food was overcooked. The veal, which was supposed to be lightly breaded, had a heavy breading, and the risotto was dry. We have always enjoyed this restaurant (it has one of the most beautiful bars I've ever seen) and hope it gets back on track.Special Features:
- OutstandingHeretodineVIPDined on 6/19/2014We come here to dine in our annivversay every year, always very pleased with everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/15/2014Beautiful sunset dinner served with impeccable service. We enjoyed our meal and will return when we are back in Marco Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodDaveDined on 6/7/2014marco was hilarious. food was great, amazing atmosphere.
- SteveVIPDined on 6/5/2014Our experience started very well. Drinks, recommended appetizer (octopus) and entrees were terrific. The sunset was beautiful. And then, it seemed our waiter lost interest. We had to ask to see a desert menu, and then waited an unusually long time and finally had to ask for our check. A beautiful meal and evening were affected by a lack of attention from our waiter and staff. We will definitely return, but will make certain we do not have the same waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Management - so so serviceJudyDined on 6/5/2014We were enjoying a special dinner when the restaurant sat a table of 2 couples with 5 young children. The children ran throughout the dining area squealing; stood in the dining chairs and jumped out of them like trampolines; hung over the balcony railings and constantly used their "outside" voices. Restaurant never asked the parents to control their children and all of the diners around us were commenting about the annoying distraction. Our service was fine at the beginning but for the later half of the meal we were totally ignored. It took 2 requests and half an hour later we were served a drink. Also this restaurant forces an 18 percent tip on every check - even a party of 2. They call it a gratuity but it is a non optional charge.Special Features:
- ClassicalREBERDined on 6/4/2014Perfectly classical ambiance to dress up an evening out. Good service and outstanding cuisine. Sale e Pepe is an excellent dining selection in Marco Island.Special Features:
- WaltDined on 6/1/2014The view of the Gulf of Mexico was spectacular. The service was great. Everyone very friendly. The food presentation was very nice and the food it self was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014We went here last weekend and loved it. The view is beautiful especially if you make your reservations around sunset. There was a wedding reception cocktail hour going on at the same time we were there. I could see it bothering some people, because it was in the same general space as the other tables but it really didn't bother me. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Upscale dining overlookingMarconurseDined on 5/29/2014Beautiful restaurant. Great food Perfect service. A must for a special occasion. Recently there for my husbands birthday and they made it a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazing!DanaDined on 5/20/2014My husband and I had some of the best food we've ever eaten! He had the fish special with muscles and clams while I had one of the pasta dishes. We were pleasantly surprised how delicious the food was. They have quite an extensive wine menu while the views are to die for. We ate here on our first night of our vacation and the meal has yet to be topped at other restaurants in the area. Kudos to all the staff at Marco Ocean Beach Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustBarbAtlDined on 5/18/2014We had a table to enjoy the sunset and our waiter assisted with an excellent wine selection. I had the roasted tomato soup with crab which was sweet, smooth, complex and wonderful, my husband had the house made ricotta with tomatoes for his appetizer. We both choose fish entrees which were simply, but deliciously prepared. It is expensive, but delightful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/16/2014Although the ratings are very good to outstanding, I must say the prices are outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014There were 11 of us for a ladies lunch. The restaurant was very quiet with only a few tables being served. Every item ordered was outstanding and presentation was awesome. Out biggest complaint was extremely slow service (over an hour to get food order). It was a good thing none of us had plans following lunch.... Other than that, it was perfect. I would return in spite of service issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularDonnaBowmanDined on 5/11/2014The filet mignon was the most spectacular one I have ever had. From the fresh whipped ricotta with olive oil to the specialty olive breads, to the main course and delicious tiramisu cheesecake, wine, and cappuccino, it was fabulous! Multo bene!Special Features:
- As alwaysMountainMaryVIPDined on 5/8/2014This restaurant is a total "gem". Food, service, ambience all add up to a most pleasant evening. Chef is an artist. One of our very favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningChrisDined on 5/8/2014Overlooking the Gulf and watching the sun set is hard to beat for scenery when you sit on the patio. The patio had a simple but nice decor. Seating was spread out so you were not on top of each other. Our cocktails were well made. Plenty of options for wine. My wife had Osso Buca and I had a scallop short rib combination dinner. Both were superb. The Chef knows what he is doing!Special Features:
- The following 275 reviews are from the Sale e Pepe - Marco Beach Ocean Resort reviews archive.
- Dinnerajt426Dined on 4/27/2014Had a fabulous dinner with my wife. The filet was cooked to perfection. We are coming back next time we stay in Marco.Special Features:
- Delicious food...awesome viewssndycomDined on 4/25/2014After having been to Sale e Pepe previously and absolutely enjoying it we were a little disappointed in the service. The table we were escorted to was in the direct sunlight so we asked for one partially in the shade. We were left standing on the terrace for ten minutes before we were shown a better table but not before our spouses had to go back inside to find out what was taking so long. It was uncomfortable. The waitress took far too long to take our order but when we were served our meals were all excellent.Special Features:
- Disappointing & PriceyNewbieVIPDined on 4/23/2014I've been to Sale e Pepe many times but each time has been a different experience. Sometimes it is extraordinary and other times it is far from that. This time, my experience was very disappointing from the hostess to the food. Although we had a reservation and have been patrons many times before, the hostess stuck us in the back of the dining room by the kitchen door when we declined to eat outside. I noticed that even though there were many tables available upfront we were the only party without a gentleman and treated as such.It was very loud. The food was sub par - the special "branzino" for $42 was overdone and fishy. The service wasn't good. I'm sure we will return but a restaurant of this caliber should always be excellent. Period.Special Features:
- ExpensiveJoanneDined on 4/20/2014$55 per person ended up $80.00 per person after ordering an extra mimosa. In my opinion, costly for brunch. Not enough choices for food. Beautiful restaurant. Reservations for 1:30 pm. Staff began setting up around us for 5:00 pm dinner, breaking glasses and dismantling brunch table.Special Features:
- dont miss this placeRandallBDined on 4/19/2014We had an outstnding dinner. My second time in Marco and my second time here. Always want to revisitSpecial Features:
- Awesome All Around!KatRDined on 4/19/2014We had a great dinner at Sale e Pepe. The height of the tourist season just needed and we celebrated with a special dinner. It was a top notch experience all around. Except for the fabulous view at sunset, we felt like we were in a terrific, big city, 5-star venue. Loads of fun and simply delicious.Special Features:
- NaplesdinerDined on 4/17/2014Sale e Pepe (salt and pepper) is named for everyday ingredients but the dining experience is anything but ordinary. From the gorgeous gulf views to the impeccable service, this was a first class experience. Our waiter, Tomas, was attentive yet unobtrusive. We weren't able to reserve an table outdoors but next time will plan ahead so we can!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.