Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
3001 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salaciavb.com/
- Phone: 7572133473x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner 5.30pm to 10pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brad Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Due to the limited number of seats, private parties and large reservations are accepted on an individual bases, pending availability and business demands.
- Private Party Contact: Nikolay Dimitrov 7572133473x
A word from Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
When perfection is paramount, Salacia offers a dining experience for those with discerning tastes and seeking the highest in quality. Honored with distinctions such as Virginia's Only AAA Four-Diamond Steakhouse, recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 8 years in a row, Platinum Plate awards and home of the "Best Restaurant in Hampton Roads" in 2012, Salacia has been recognized for its culinary delights and extraordinary service time and time again. Salacia is the perfect choice for any special occasion offering attention to detail and an intimately luxurious atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (64)romantic (54)notable wine list (45)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Excellent night outMontiDined on 10/13/2014We visited Salacia for a date night. It was romantic, with good service and food.We will be back.Special Features:
- I've had better meals at half the $OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014The food was okay but for that price I expect outstanding and it just wasn't. Whole salt crusted snapper was somewhat dry, mushroom side was delicious, truffle red potatoes were nothing special, endive and blue cheese salad very good, caprese salad was good. The bottom line though is that I've had much better meals for half the price.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACE FOR DINNERawesomeDined on 10/6/2014Everything was above board. The food was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/22/2014We were lucky to have great weather and sat outside in a very private booth. But either way, the service and the quality of food and wine are really outstanding here. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good EatsBeachGuyDined on 9/21/2014We had a great time. The food and wine were really good. We first visited the site during Restaurant Week. Glad we came back. It is very pricey. So, we only go on very special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third trip !OnvacationVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've been here for our Anniversary for the last three years and it is always exceptional!Special Features:
- Perfect Perfect PerfectTLMOVIPDined on 9/19/2014Perfect oceanfront view from a luxurious private dining table. Perfect service from knowledgeable and personable wait staff. Perfect food and wine menu options, beautiful presentation and a delicious experience at each course.Special Features:
- Great service and wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The service was outstanding as always. Great wine list! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinnerdatenite4for2Dined on 9/13/2014Definitely make a reservation. Waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Table felt a bit long for intimate dinner. Felt closer to table nexr to us than each other. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See belowmd2vabchDined on 9/13/2014We were disappointed that it was advertised to be a special restaurant with a dress code but that we seemed to be in the minority ofpeople who were dressed half way decently. Jeans, golf shorts etc did not seem to meet the dress code but many wore this attire and it was disappointing. I guess VA beach has no where that is actually upscale. In addition, we went there 2 nights and requested a server who was great on Friday but pathetic on Saturday when we were actually celebrating a special occasion and it was sad. Food was good but we felt like we were ignored on night 2 and we are not cheap tippers.Special Features:
- Just Okayluddite90034VIPDined on 9/13/2014Excellent but very expensive wine list for Virginia Beach (lot of very good hard to find wines but too many $300-$500 bottles and not enough good $100-$150 bottles). Crab bisque unusually acidic (maybe used sherry vinegar instead of sherry). Pear salad had overripe mushy pear. Ribeye cooked as ordered but just okay (need better meat quality). Batter too thick on fried lobster appetizer and underseasoned (Fleming's has an excellent version). Dessert sorbet assortment huge and excellent. Service very attentive and professional except for busboy who was kind of inexperienced. Had window table and ocean view okay but not exceptional. Certainly not up to Ruth Chris or even Chop House standards and not worth the $400 for 2 we paid.Special Features:
- Well worth the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014We were looking for a spot for our anniversary dinner before my husband deployed so we wanted it to be special. Salacia was perfect!!! The food was amazing and the steak just melts in your mouth, which says a lot coming from someone who rarely eats red meat. Our outside table was private and the view of the beach was wonderful! Service was great and though pricey, it was worth it! We had a great experience and will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Celebrated 22nd anniversary in VA Beach. Last minute decision to go to Salacia. Make reservations in advance if you want a specific time. They fill up quickly. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Our waiter Stephen was really good. Very attentive, good sense of humor yet gave us enough space for an intimate evening. Food was delicious. The crispy lobster is worth it. A little pricey, but if its a special occasion, worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For that Special CelebrationZorroDined on 9/7/2014This is a four star steak house, please understand, you must dress up and be ready to pay for the quality of the meal. For that special occasion, birthday, anniversary or even personal celebration Salacia provides the perfect ambiance with the touch of class. The perfect place for the memorable diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big let downBirthday1Dined on 9/2/2014Rack of lamb was warm with no taste. It consisted of 2 lamb chops. It did not equal to a rack. Asparagus was burnt. Requested a second glass of wine. It was never served. It was my birthday and I really thought since it was affliiated with the Hilton that it was going to be wonderful. It was terrible. Bill came to $87.00 for one person. I left hungry.Special Features:
- great food, disappointing serviceK2h3mVIPDined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed our dinner on the veranda. It was the perfect spot for our anniversary because it was very intimate and very comfortable. The food was excellent. We both had steaks that were perfectly prepared and I enjoyed my entree. The service was a little disappointing. I think the server was stretched between too many tables. I expected more attentiveness considering the price of the meal. I rank the noise level as moderate because the reservation desk is extremely noisy because it is part of the bar. On the veranda you are not far from the boardwalk so you can definitely hear everyone as they go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednotagainDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to try Salacia for a special occasion. We were extremely disappointed with the entire experience. We were seated aside of a couple that had been drinking for quite some time and were belligerent. The tables are so close that we could not hold a conversation over them. My glass of wine was flat. My filet was ordered as medium and it was served very well done. Our waiter was very nice and was the only positive aspect of the night to comment. When we want a nice dinner in the future, we are going back to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- LacklusterLuv2dineDined on 8/29/2014No more Kobe beef? Dress code not enforced? Servers didn't make recommendations based on experience with food on menu. Water glasses empty multiple times for many minutes. Basically a more fancy Outback with high prices and reservations. Used to be high end and worth it. Too bad.Special Features:
- Salacia was underwhelmingMikeBDined on 8/26/2014For the prices paid and reputation I was a bit disappointed in Salacia. My tomato mozzarella salad suffered from paper thin tomato slices that could be barely seen or tasted. The room seemed to be too much room and not enough decor. On the plus side my wife ordered the filet and it was the first time she has ever finished her steak in any upscale steakhouse we have visited, and we have visited plenty up and down the eastern seaboard. We vacation at VA Beach every summer, and this was our first visit to Salacia. With Chops right around the corner and Ruth's Chris a short drive away, I'll probably return to them before I try Salacia again.Special Features:
- Superb service!Thesefardi2Dined on 8/22/2014The food was well done and flavourful. The hostesses were amazing attentive and very cordial. My fiance and I had a special evening time there an we enjoyed it greatly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAngelDined on 8/21/2014Great wine list, attentive staff , delicious food. Had great time. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food and service are always great! Excellent wine list and wine service! We will highly recomend this great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockaroundthetreeDined on 8/20/2014Most wonderful dining experience ever! From the materD to the waiters and the food.....out of this world. Thank you Salacia for making our vacation an experience to remember. We bought a timeshare so we will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!TimandDonnaDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I stayed at the Hilton (Virginia Beach) to celebrate our anniversary. We had the pleasure of dining at Salacia and a sister restaurant and found the food and service to be superb! Steaks were delicious and our special requests were addressed professionally. The waitstaff was very attentive as well as management. I can't say enough great things about this team. Everyone works together, the atmosphere is friendly and exciting, the food was superb. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful nightMontiDined on 8/11/2014We had great time and lovely dinner with outstanding service. Extensive wine list with some hidden gems. We will go back anytime.Special Features:
- Always awesomekojakDined on 8/9/2014As usual great food and service.Pricey but you are paying for great food,wine,service.Well worth the price.Been to Salacia 10 times and always satisfied.Read some negative reviews before and wander what Mcdonalds these people confused with Salacia.If you read a negative review in my opinion and my guests opinions, the people who write these would complain anyway.Great place,just bring your american express titanium card.Special Features:
- Our 2nd time there...NukewifeDined on 8/8/2014And it failed to impress us. The service and atmosphere were excellent. There was just something about the food this time that made it mediocre. The bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp was good, but not special. I had the swordfish, my husband the cowboy cut rib eye. Both tasty, but not as special as we remembered from the first time. The desserts were excellent, the sorbet and bread pudding. For the money it should have had that extra touch that wasn't there. We spent about $260Special Features:
- Just AMAZING!ChefKupDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant which is tucked around the corner from the infamous Catch 31 in the Hilton Hotel at the Oceanfront, is one of Virginia Beaches best kept fine dining secrets! Executive Chef Brad Kelly has a kitchen regime like no other. His creations will tantalize even the most seasoned foodies. The dishes are like works of art with a taste that is unmatched in any other hotel restaurant at the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I highly recommend this foodie hot spot!Special Features:
- Elegant, romantic outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Outdoor private dining area overlooking ocean was very elegant and romantic. Felt service was not to the level expected for that calibur of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We had a great experience! Excellent service! Excellent wine selection!Special Features:
- lgboDined on 7/21/2014An excellent spot for your best dining experience, great staff, very good food, big winelist and very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Best lobster ever!KathyDined on 7/19/2014All of your food was marvelous, but I have to say, I have never tasted a lobster that good! It was beyond excellent. Our waiter was perfect, even warned us about the huge sides so we didn't over-order (which we did anyway.) Thank you for a truly incredible dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticdmelissakingDined on 7/18/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. Food is awesome and sexy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We had an amazing diner- the service and food were outstanding! Excellent wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerMontiDined on 7/15/2014I took my business partner there for dinner. Service was great without being obtrusive. They gave us enough space to talk and at the same time didn't miss a thing. Food was very tasty also. We will do more business dinners there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We have lived in the area for 15 years and we were looking for something a little special and a little quieter for our anniversary dinner. I had no recommendations for Salacia other than seeing signs for it while at Catch 31. But, I made the reservation online (easy peasy) and the restaurant called to confirm and gave us an option for outdoor/indoor seating. We had a clear explanation of the difference between indoor and outdoor seating and it was close enough to our actual reservation that we had a good guess on weather. We chose outside and it felt like we were the only ones there...top that off with a beautiful view and the most delish filet I've ever had...we are hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalaciaMybabybdayDined on 7/9/2014Everything was great. I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but not justifiedkraftyDined on 6/29/2014The service was terrible took about 15 minutes to get bread/appetizer. Then took roughly 45 minutes to receive our entree. There were several tables that received their food way ahead of us and had larger groups. The food was good, but not great. The dining area was trying to be cozy and romantic but just ended up feeling cramped. I would not recommend going here unless enjoy wasting money.Special Features:
- The very bestYoyoyDined on 6/28/2014You walk through the terrific noise of Ocean 31 with its exciting music and enthusiastic folks, past the cooks and busy waiters -- getting in their way, but they don't mind -- then go through the door to Salacia into silence and space and graciousness, a sweet view of the beach, and the best damn food you ever enjoyed. It's our idea of the perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 497 reviews are from the Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks reviews archive.
- Another great mealMontiDined on 6/24/2014Salacia is a regular spot for us. We go there at least once a month. Food, service, ambiance, everything was perfect. We are looking forward our next visit.Special Features: