Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
3001 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salaciavb.com/
- Phone: 7572133473x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner 5.30pm to 10pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brad Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Due to the limited number of seats, private parties and large reservations are accepted on an individual bases, pending availability and business demands.
- Private Party Contact: Nikolay Dimitrov 7572133473x
A word from Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks
When perfection is paramount, Salacia offers a dining experience for those with discerning tastes and seeking the highest in quality. Honored with distinctions such as Virginia's Only AAA Four-Diamond Steakhouse, recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 8 years in a row, Platinum Plate awards and home of the "Best Restaurant in Hampton Roads" in 2012, Salacia has been recognized for its culinary delights and extraordinary service time and time again. Salacia is the perfect choice for any special occasion offering attention to detail and an intimately luxurious atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (59)romantic (53)notable wine list (40)scenic view (38)great for outdoor dining (25)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- For that Special CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014This is a four star steak house, please understand, you must dress up and be ready to pay for the quality of the meal. For that special occasion, birthday, anniversary or even personal celebration Salacia provides the perfect ambiance with the touch of class. The perfect place for the memorable diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big let downBirthday1Dined on 9/2/2014Rack of lamb was warm with no taste. It consisted of 2 lamb chops. It did not equal to a rack. Asparagus was burnt. Requested a second glass of wine. It was never served. It was my birthday and I really thought since it was affliiated with the Hilton that it was going to be wonderful. It was terrible. Bill came to $87.00 for one person. I left hungry.Special Features:
- great food, disappointing serviceK2h3mDined on 8/30/2014I really enjoyed our dinner on the veranda. It was the perfect spot for our anniversary because it was very intimate and very comfortable. The food was excellent. We both had steaks that were perfectly prepared and I enjoyed my entree. The service was a little disappointing. I think the server was stretched between too many tables. I expected more attentiveness considering the price of the meal. I rank the noise level as moderate because the reservation desk is extremely noisy because it is part of the bar. On the veranda you are not far from the boardwalk so you can definitely hear everyone as they go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointednotagainDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I decided to try Salacia for a special occasion. We were extremely disappointed with the entire experience. We were seated aside of a couple that had been drinking for quite some time and were belligerent. The tables are so close that we could not hold a conversation over them. My glass of wine was flat. My filet was ordered as medium and it was served very well done. Our waiter was very nice and was the only positive aspect of the night to comment. When we want a nice dinner in the future, we are going back to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- LacklusterLuv2dineDined on 8/29/2014No more Kobe beef? Dress code not enforced? Servers didn't make recommendations based on experience with food on menu. Water glasses empty multiple times for many minutes. Basically a more fancy Outback with high prices and reservations. Used to be high end and worth it. Too bad.Special Features:
- Salacia was underwhelmingMikeBDined on 8/26/2014For the prices paid and reputation I was a bit disappointed in Salacia. My tomato mozzarella salad suffered from paper thin tomato slices that could be barely seen or tasted. The room seemed to be too much room and not enough decor. On the plus side my wife ordered the filet and it was the first time she has ever finished her steak in any upscale steakhouse we have visited, and we have visited plenty up and down the eastern seaboard. We vacation at VA Beach every summer, and this was our first visit to Salacia. With Chops right around the corner and Ruth's Chris a short drive away, I'll probably return to them before I try Salacia again.Special Features:
- Superb service!Thesefardi2Dined on 8/22/2014The food was well done and flavourful. The hostesses were amazing attentive and very cordial. My fiance and I had a special evening time there an we enjoyed it greatly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAngelDined on 8/21/2014Great wine list, attentive staff , delicious food. Had great time. Will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food and service are always great! Excellent wine list and wine service! We will highly recomend this great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RockaroundthetreeDined on 8/20/2014Most wonderful dining experience ever! From the materD to the waiters and the food.....out of this world. Thank you Salacia for making our vacation an experience to remember. We bought a timeshare so we will most definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service!TimandDonnaDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I stayed at the Hilton (Virginia Beach) to celebrate our anniversary. We had the pleasure of dining at Salacia and a sister restaurant and found the food and service to be superb! Steaks were delicious and our special requests were addressed professionally. The waitstaff was very attentive as well as management. I can't say enough great things about this team. Everyone works together, the atmosphere is friendly and exciting, the food was superb. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful nightMontiDined on 8/11/2014We had great time and lovely dinner with outstanding service. Extensive wine list with some hidden gems. We will go back anytime.Special Features:
- Always awesomekojakDined on 8/9/2014As usual great food and service.Pricey but you are paying for great food,wine,service.Well worth the price.Been to Salacia 10 times and always satisfied.Read some negative reviews before and wander what Mcdonalds these people confused with Salacia.If you read a negative review in my opinion and my guests opinions, the people who write these would complain anyway.Great place,just bring your american express titanium card.Special Features:
- Our 2nd time there...NukewifeDined on 8/8/2014And it failed to impress us. The service and atmosphere were excellent. There was just something about the food this time that made it mediocre. The bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp was good, but not special. I had the swordfish, my husband the cowboy cut rib eye. Both tasty, but not as special as we remembered from the first time. The desserts were excellent, the sorbet and bread pudding. For the money it should have had that extra touch that wasn't there. We spent about $260Special Features:
- Just AMAZING!ChefKupDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant which is tucked around the corner from the infamous Catch 31 in the Hilton Hotel at the Oceanfront, is one of Virginia Beaches best kept fine dining secrets! Executive Chef Brad Kelly has a kitchen regime like no other. His creations will tantalize even the most seasoned foodies. The dishes are like works of art with a taste that is unmatched in any other hotel restaurant at the Oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I highly recommend this foodie hot spot!Special Features:
- Elegant, romantic outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Outdoor private dining area overlooking ocean was very elegant and romantic. Felt service was not to the level expected for that calibur of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and wine list!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We had a great experience! Excellent service! Excellent wine selection!Special Features:
- lgboDined on 7/21/2014An excellent spot for your best dining experience, great staff, very good food, big winelist and very attentive staffSpecial Features:
- Best lobster ever!KathyDined on 7/19/2014All of your food was marvelous, but I have to say, I have never tasted a lobster that good! It was beyond excellent. Our waiter was perfect, even warned us about the huge sides so we didn't over-order (which we did anyway.) Thank you for a truly incredible dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticdmelissakingDined on 7/18/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. Food is awesome and sexy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We had an amazing diner- the service and food were outstanding! Excellent wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerMontiDined on 7/15/2014I took my business partner there for dinner. Service was great without being obtrusive. They gave us enough space to talk and at the same time didn't miss a thing. Food was very tasty also. We will do more business dinners there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our New FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We have lived in the area for 15 years and we were looking for something a little special and a little quieter for our anniversary dinner. I had no recommendations for Salacia other than seeing signs for it while at Catch 31. But, I made the reservation online (easy peasy) and the restaurant called to confirm and gave us an option for outdoor/indoor seating. We had a clear explanation of the difference between indoor and outdoor seating and it was close enough to our actual reservation that we had a good guess on weather. We chose outside and it felt like we were the only ones there...top that off with a beautiful view and the most delish filet I've ever had...we are hooked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalaciaMybabybdayDined on 7/9/2014Everything was great. I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and she loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but not justifiedkraftyDined on 6/29/2014The service was terrible took about 15 minutes to get bread/appetizer. Then took roughly 45 minutes to receive our entree. There were several tables that received their food way ahead of us and had larger groups. The food was good, but not great. The dining area was trying to be cozy and romantic but just ended up feeling cramped. I would not recommend going here unless enjoy wasting money.Special Features:
- The very bestYoyoyDined on 6/28/2014You walk through the terrific noise of Ocean 31 with its exciting music and enthusiastic folks, past the cooks and busy waiters -- getting in their way, but they don't mind -- then go through the door to Salacia into silence and space and graciousness, a sweet view of the beach, and the best damn food you ever enjoyed. It's our idea of the perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealMontiDined on 6/24/2014Salacia is a regular spot for us. We go there at least once a month. Food, service, ambiance, everything was perfect. We are looking forward our next visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014Great food would tell anyone about this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!NekaDined on 6/15/2014The food was excellent, had the steak and shrimp which the shrimp was huge and steak was good. A little extra seasoning would have made it perfect. Waiter was excellent. I didn't like the fact that the closest restroom was co-ed though, went in and there was urine on the toilet.Special Features:
- Perfect Special Occasion SpotKimberlyGDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Salacia 3 times now, first being recommended by a friend. Every time thus far has been absolutely amazing. The first time my boyfriend and I went was for our anniversary. My boyfriend went early to drop off roses and a card, and the management took complete care of everything. The roses and card were on the perfect table overlooking the ocean when we arrived. I would recommend this restaurant to any one in the Virginia Beach area. My boyfriend said it was the best steak he has ever had in his life.Special Features:
- Very DeliciousawesomefoodDined on 6/13/2014It was our 1st time at Salacia and we were not disappointed. We had very excellent service and the food was awesome. It was my Husband's 50th Birthday and I surprised him with Dinner for 2. He enjoyed it very much. The best steaks that I think we have ever had, they were very tender and had an awesome taste. The Desserts are to die for. We will definitely be back to visit in the future. Thank you very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesoneAngelDined on 6/6/2014The food and staff were awesome. Very fast service and it was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the moneyjoecoool13Dined on 6/3/2014It is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Phenomenal food, spectacular service, and just an overall great experience. I will definitely be going back when I go back to Virginia BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmospherePickyeaterDined on 5/31/2014We took our friend for her birthday dinner and it was very relaxing and the food was fabulous. We all had seafood which was recommended by the waiter as well as appetizers and dessert. We all would return again for the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencegreatDined on 5/21/2014However we did have to ask to move to another table ...the gas lantern would not stay lit and it would constantly fire the electronic ignitor which was annoyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 488 reviews are from the Salacia Prime Seafood and Steaks reviews archive.
- wineanddineDined on 5/18/2014Filet mignon and grilled shrimp -- shrimp awesome, steak overcooked, sent back and returned perfect. Kitchen sent me a potato dish and 4 more shrimp as a very nice apology/compensation! The short ribs were very tender with outstanding flavor. The salads were gorgeous, interesting,fresh, crisp and pretty. All The food had a beautiful presentation! It was a very quiet weekend in VA Beach and none of the restaurants were very crowded so it was an especially relaxing, attentive and quiet evening. The wine is a little expensive. We did not have dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- homerc2Dined on 5/17/2014This was our second visit to Salacia and we enjoyed it. It was a great night for Salacia since the place was packed. The previous time we visited Salacia it was the OFF season and the place was more relaxed. We will go back again but we will ensure that it is during the off season since we prefer a more relaxed dining experience. The food was worth what we paid for it and our service that Stephen provided was very good. We had a table for four and got to meet our Nephews girlfriend so the comapany was great. We enjoyed the wine, they have two Paul Hobbs wines to choose from and we like both of them. All of us enjoyed the steaks and the baked potatoes were big. Naturally we ordered more than we should have but we enjoyed all of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyDined on 5/13/2014The quality of the food does not measure up to the prices.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was excellent but the service was terrible. I think the price was not worth it and wil probably not be back.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnertranvkDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and it was very nice. We had to walk through the bar/lounge area, which was crowded and noisy, to get to the dining area. Once there, the ambience of the restaurant completely changed. The food was excellent, as written in Coastal Virginia Magazine. This was the only place in this area where you can get a whole fish served to you. The fish was very good, but I thought flounder was burnt on one side. It was completely black and hard and I should have turned it away but I didn't want to wait another 15-20 minutes to get another one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.