Salaam Bombay - Tribeca
319 Greenwich Avenue
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Salaam Bombay - Tribeca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.salaambombay.com/
- Phone: 2122269400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Salaam Bombay offers Indian cuisine catering service for parties at the Banquet Hall and also for off premise locations. Salaam Bombay has special catering packages to suit your needs. A typical catering menu will comprise of 4 appetizers – a choice of 3 Vegetarian and 1 Non vegetarian Main course – a choice of 1 Chicken curry, 1 Lamb curry, 2 Vegetarian dishes, Daal, choice of rice preparation, plus an assortment of Indian breads and a choice of 2 desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: Celebrations at Salaam Bombay Banquet Hall delight the senses. The Banquet Hall at Salaam Bombay is the perfect backdrop for your celebration, if you have a party in mind. Gracefully styled with polished wood floor and rich oak paneled walls, the Banquet Hall can comfortably host up to 200 guests with a sit down dinner capacity of 125 guests. Salaam Bombay staff will work with you to create an unforgettable evening of delightful dining, the finest service, all in an elegant atmosphere. So the next time you plan a party, give us a call and we’ll help you plan your party that will remain a memory to cherish.
- Private Party Contact: Samir 2122269400
A word from Salaam Bombay - Tribeca
As the name connotes, Salaam Bombay is a salute to the city of Bombay, a city where varied cultures and cuisines blend to a splendid perfection and harmony. Much like New York, that is a smelting foundry of cultures, so too is Salaam Bombay a melting pot of Indian cuisine – presenting the heady spices, flavored curries and melt-in-your-mouth Indian breads – from the nooks and corners of the exotic sub continent. Savor your meal in the casually elegant dining room decorated like an Indian ceremonious hall, under a colorful canopy of traditional Indian mirror work fabric. Or claim a table by the window overlooking the trendy TriBeCa neighborhood. Well spaced tables are attended to by impeccably trained staff knowledgeable in all aspects of food, wine and service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Salaam Bombay - Tribeca reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- always awesomespmdDined on 7/12/2014we love this restaurant. the awning is beautiful and the food is even better. best of all, it's a quiet spot in a noisy city.Special Features:
- Great Clay Ovens!MiraboDined on 6/27/2014Food is a bit expensive, but considering the neighborhood ... well, that is kinda expected. Not so many people in the restaurant, we were one of the two tables with people coming in occasionally for takeouts. But food was good. They have a lot of authentic Indian appetizers that other Indian restaurants tend to lack. The grills are tender, juicy, and very flavorful. Try it when you have the time and money!Special Features:
- good foodCarolDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed are dinner very much .we arrived early and were treated very well. The food was delicious and well priced .we all had fantastic mixed drinks that added to the meal. The restaurant is pretty but it is starting to get shabby it need some freshing up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Salaam Bombay - Tribeca reviews archive.
- Nice Sunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Arrived from out of town for business and this was a nice spot to enjoy some quality Indian food. Not quite spicy enough but everyone's definition of 'hot' varies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thinkuhDined on 5/9/2014Excellent indian food. The shrimp and scallop appetizers are very fine. The Palak Paneer was delicious, and each member of our 5 person party was very pleased with the food.
- One of the best indiansRogerVIPDined on 12/28/2013Fantastic dishes from diffrerent regions. Service ws very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been ordering in orUberCVIPDined on 10/18/2013We have been ordering in or sometimes eating here for several years. This was our go-to neighborhood take out choice. The Tandoori lamb chops have never been missed and usually not the prawns. Something has happened. The once perfectly cooked and tender, wonderfully seasoned lamb chops have left the scene. The other night we ate in the restaurant and found they were tough, poor quality meat, barely worth eating chops. I hope this is not a harbinger of the future of Salaam Bombay. Because of our history we will probably give it one more try but were extremely disappointed.
- Reasonableluv2dineDined on 8/3/2013Food is always cold, mainly the tandoori chicken, and rice too dried. The rest of the sauces are ok but in general could be much better.Special Features:
- Great service great food.ktshannonDined on 5/28/2013Very friendly and attentive staff, food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Tribeca Gem1morefoodieVIPDined on 5/20/2013I've been eating at Salaam Bombay every time I'm in New York since the mid-80's, and this is one place that never disappoints. Tasty Indian food, decent prices and a pleasant staff add up to a great dining experience. They have a marvelous way with a shrimp, and anything from the tandoori oven is worth the trek to Tribeca. But truly, give me a bowl of one of their divine sauces and a whole basket of garlic naan and I'm good to go. These guys end up of every top ten Indian restaurants in New York list every time, and with good reason. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The could replace the menuSahelsandyDined on 5/18/2013The could replace the menu books with those without stains,they do their delicious food a disservice.Special Features:
- Nice time for a group after workBrendanDined on 5/8/20137 of us ended up having a wonderful meal here. So glad we came. Food was good, drink was good, friends were great. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013I thought the food was pretty mediocre. While I've come to expect big flavors from Indian food, the food here was on the bland side. It's possible there are better items on the menu, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.
- Excellent food for a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013Excellent food for a very reasonable price. We go there often and in the evenings it's always quiet. Good service,Special Features:
- Just OK, the food wasn't badLuv2doWIneVIPDined on 3/8/2013Just OK, the food wasn't bad but we felt the server was rude. Hostess/ greeter was not welcoming and told us we wouldn't get points since we had a coupon. The place was also empty on a Friday evening...that says it all! We will not be returning.
- wonderful food - perhaps topsfoodloverVIPDined on 10/16/2012wonderful food - perhaps tops for Indian food in the city. Very welcoming and comfortable.Special Features:
- overall this experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2012overall this experience was just middle of the road. the samosa chaat appetizer was the best thing we had. the chicken tikka masala and the lamb rogan josh were decent, but frankly i've had much better in Texas. i would not dine here again given the multitude of other indian options in manhattan.
- Good tasting Indaian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012I find the food at Salaam Bombay was truly tradational taste of Indain spices and very delicious! Thank you for being original.Special Features:
- Food was great. Good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2012Food was great. Good service but no air con. Sat by the open window so had a breeze anyway. Would go againSpecial Features:
- In the webpage you can makeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012In the webpage you can make a reservation until 10.30 pm; once there the waitress told us the kitchen close at 11.00 pm and we have to order and eat in a real hurry and they gave us the check even before asking us if we wanted dessert!. In addition, don´t go to this restaurant if you want great atmosphere for a saturday night at Tribeca neighbourhood: we were alone at the saloon.
- Dezi-liciousLeeWDined on 6/22/2012The food was excellent and the service was really personalized and special. They even brought out a complimentary birthday dessert for my sister and sang to her.Special Features:
- Food was spicey, but not theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/22/2012Food was spicey, but not the wonderful blending of spices that I've come to love about Indian cuisine. This was sharp and lacking in subtlety.
- Restaurant is very sober andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2012Restaurant is very sober and traditional for the trendy area it is in. The food is delicious and the staff attentive without being intrusive. The mixed grill is great.Special Features: