1927 Powers Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30339Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salgrosso.com/
- Phone: 7708501540
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesdays - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm - Closed on Mondays for lunch.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gilson Balmant
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Here at Sal Grosso we take great pride in ensuring that every special event is a wonderful & unique dining experience for you and your guests. Let our experienced staff handle all of the details of your next special occasion or even just an evening dining with friends. We are committed to providing you with a quality dining experience and have several private and semi- private spaces available.
- Private Party Contact: Marcio Resende 4045749382
A word from Sal Grosso
Imagine hearing the horses' hooves beat across the pampas, the lowing of cattle in the background, men telling adventurous stories of the day, and the sound of wood crackling in a blazing fire. The smell of dust and wild grass permeates the evening air. Succulent meats roast over an open flame, and the smoke burns your eyes. Your mouth watering, ready to bite into a fresh slice, you sharpen your knife. A good day's work and a good meal. You'd be DINING GAUCHO STYLE! The culinary traditions of Churrasco live on, as we still slow cook our meats over an open flame. Now, however, we season the meats with SAL GROSSO (course salt) and serve them Rodizio style. Rodizio is our innovative table side service of a large variety of choice cuts of beef, lamb, pork and poultry.Continued
Complete Rodizio (Lunch) -$21.95pp
Complete Rodizio(Dinner) -$41.95pp
Drinks are not included on regular prices, and are changed by the bottle/glass- no refills.
Complete Rodizio (Lunch) -$21.95pp
Complete Rodizio(Dinner) -$41.95pp
Drinks are not included on regular prices, and are changed by the bottle/glass- no refills.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sal Grosso reviews from OpenTable diners
- I give this place a few months :-(OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Four of us went for Sat evening dinner, well there were only 2 other couples dining while we were being seated. The food quality was very poor, you can get fresher and better cooked meats at your Waffle House not that I recommend that place either. I often entertain my clients at Brazilian / American steak houses. I am we'll aware what the food and flavors are to be expected. This place clearly is having a tough time making the overhead and they are cutting back in the food quality and offering, which will not work. If food is very good, slow service and unkept establishment are often overlooked. But here all 3 areas were down hill. They did not even have any lamb or Fillet being served on the best night of the week. Save your time & money.
- Great food and service. A must try.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013It was our first visit to Sal Grosso after having tried a few other Brazillian steak houses in Atlanta. The food was excellent. The cuts of meat were well prepared perfectly and well seasoned. The salad bar was smaller than some of the others but a good assortment. Our only complaint about the visit were the floors in the restaurant being very slippery. Women in heels were slipping and sliding all over and were warned by the staff to use caution.Special Features:
- Miss the Parmesan wheel &ninacarpVIPDined on 4/5/2013Miss the Parmesan wheel & sushi but wonderful as always!Special Features:
- Rush Service - very uncomfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/5/2013A party of 5 got there for lunch at 1.30 pm for late lunch as scheduled; but because the restaurant closes at 2 pm, the staff pretty much rushed us through our meal and we felt a bit unwelcome; my guests were very uncomfortable with the treatment.
- The waitress was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013The waitress was great and very informative. The selection of meats were very good and abundant. My only real complaint is the four foods on the hot bar was terrible but the salad bar was ok. Overall, if you are a serious meat eater, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Where did the salad bar go?DMN27VIPDined on 3/29/2013As always Sal Grosso's meats are great, tastier than Fogo I think. However, I must say that some friends that I brought with me were VERY disappointed in the salad bar. When I go, I mostly fill up on the meat so I had not really noticed that the items on the salad bar had been cut by about 50%. At one time they had Beef Strog., soup, marinated artichokes, tomato/mozzarella salad, heart of palm, dill pickles, sweet pickles, hummus, salmon and much more. All of these items were missing on this last visit. The salad bar was so barren that it isn't worth going if you aren't planning on getting the meats. I hope the owners go back to the "good old days".
- Never disappointed. SurpassesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2013Never disappointed. Surpasses our expectations every time we dine, whether for lunch or dinner. The manager stops at our table more than once throughout our visit to make sure everything is to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- While I am not a big "meat-consuminOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013While I am not a big "meat-consuming" eater, after dining here about 6 years for another special occasion, my sons became immediate fans and this has been their annual birthday dining request every year for the last 5 years. The hot and cold bar has many delectable and satisfying meal options for those who are not meat consumers. As for the service, I am sure there have been changes in management and staff over the years that we have been dining here but we are never disappointed with the food or the service. Thank you being part of our family's special occasion memories over the last 6 years!Special Features:
- Unfortunately it's so distanceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2013Unfortunately it's so distance from a typical Brazilian Steak House!
- Restaurant was pretty goodburgermaven123Dined on 3/16/2013Restaurant was pretty good example of a Brazilian steak house but per person price exceeded sense of value for what we consumed. Place is attractive, food is good, service is fair but at $42 per person before drinks / wine, Sal Grosso does not distinguish itself enough to ask that level of per person charge.Special Features:
- Only concern was they chargedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Only concern was they charged us for our 5 year old, which I thought was free. But the food was so good that we didn't even bother to question it.Special Features:
- Nice dinner. I wish the saladOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/6/2013Nice dinner. I wish the salad bar had more options. And the reviews about the slippery floor are all true! You really have to watch yourself to make sure you don't fall. There was one lady who came very close while we were there. It's not Fogo de Chao, but affordably close. We'll probably go back and have the Executive Dinner.Special Features:
- Never, ever disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2013Never, ever disappointed. That is why we eagerly anticipate our next visit at Sal Grosso. The gauchos are priceless and make sure you are being served your favorites.Special Features:
- This place was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013This place was wonderful. I loved the food and the gauchos were very friendly. As soon as your card was turned over to green there was more meat..... Cant wait to go again.Special Features:
- Great Food!lovetoeatDined on 2/16/2013Our server Michael was excellent even though they were short staffed and very busy. He checked in on us and was very nice. Other than that I must say I truly enjoyed my experience and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the meatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013I really enjoyed the meat selection. The cuts were very tasty and cooked to perfection. I was a little disappointed in the salad bar (not a lot of options) and the side items were fine, but not warm enough. I really loved the fried Yuca though.Special Features:
- Expensive!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2013Expensive! Even a very small cup of tea, where you drop your own bag in, was $3.25 before tax and tip. Find the place to be a rip-off quite honestly. I might give away this other coupon I still have (I bought 2) and cut my losses. I didn't realize what I was getting into! I spent $80 on top of the "$25 for $50" deal, and we got 2 meals, a glass of wine and a tea. And we didn't get dessert.Special Features:
- Great spot it your wearing low heelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013The food was good. The service was great. The only problem I had with this places was the slippery floors. So ladies don't wear your 6inche heels, keep it to 4 or less.Special Features:
- We were very pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013We were very pleased with the food and service at Sal Grosso. We went there for our Valentine's dinner on the 15th. We enjoyed all of the food that we tried with the exception of the bottom sirloin because it was barely cooked, blood was dripping on the table cloth as they cut it. It was not edible, at least for me, I like mine cooked medium, this was rare. Other than that, everything was great, I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Very good. It was our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013Very good. It was our first time to experience this type of food and setting. Next time I will go more hungry. Lots for food. More than you could ever eat. Service was great and timely.Special Features:
- What happened to you guys.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I was really impressed the first time I went to this establishment. However, they have gone down hill especially with my last two visits. As I can understand that they were busy as we did go on a holiday. We did make reservations just to have a lenghty wait. I have been seated their a lot more promptly without reserving a table. They may have wanted to be a little more prepared with the quantity of food available. I just sat waiting for way to long, and I won't have brought out what they did. I was willing to wait for the final product to be just right. Dessert seemed very mediocre. Not really sure if I will return.Special Features:
- Marietta is blessed to haveDoctorCalDined on 2/14/2013Marietta is blessed to have such a fine restauant. It's menu and style of service is unique and perfect for special occasions. The whole dining experience is special from the meat served on spears to the wonderful deserts. I'm told the meats are rubbed with seasonings to bring out each variety's hidden flavors. I believe it. Their lamb chops, pork ribs and beef cuts are he best I've ever had. Their service is friendly, helpful and informative without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Overall good and I will goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Overall good and I will go back. Ask for water and it took about 15 minutes (ask 3-times) Ask for lite beer, they did not have it; however, I enjoyed the wine. Waiter gave much better service after he realized we knew the owners. Again I enjoyed it and will go back.
- The food is outstanding! EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food is outstanding! Every one of the 15 cuts of meat that were brought to our table were cooked to perfection, hot, and seasoned amazing!Special Features:
- Good Food, Fair Service, Weak SeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Server rarely attended to us. Though they had a valentine menu, they were unaware of what was provided with it (ex. flower - we didn't get until the end, raffle ticket - we had to write our name on a napkin, who knows if we even got entered for a drawing, and we had to ask about the raffle).Special Features:
- Overall, it was a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Overall, it was a wonderful lunch and would like to come back soon.Special Features:
- They do not inform you ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/10/2013They do not inform you of the prices. no menu was offered to us. We had a bit of sticker shock even after the Groupon that we used. We had 3 children with us 11-14. The waiter asked their ages but did not let us know that they would be charged as adults. Don't order refills on drinks, esp. coke unless you want to be charged each time. the service was great. Food was good but the choices on the bar were better the last time we were there.Special Features:
- Food was good. Server wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/10/2013Food was good. Server was accomodating to our large group with separate checks.Special Features:
- Liked the food, especiallyMorejanDined on 2/9/2013Liked the food, especially the yucca. Wine list was in revision so not much choice.Special Features:
- The endless meats were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/9/2013The endless meats were very good especially the rump roast, filet, lambchops, and swordfish. However the salad bar needs special revamping.Special Features:
- To be fair, all of my ratingsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2013To be fair, all of my ratings are based on eating lunch at Sal Grosso. We were one of three tables seated from 12:30 to 1:30 so the place was completely dead. It is uncomfortable to eat in an empty restaurant. The food was good, but no on par with another Brazilian Steakhouse in Atlanta. I also did not appreciate paying $2.50 for each and every coke we had at the table. Restaurants that don't have free refills on soft drinks get the axe on my "Go Back" list.
- We had a wonderful evening,Bill645Dined on 2/5/2013We had a wonderful evening, the food was outstanding, (plentiful) and our 17 year old truly enjoyed his birthday. The staff went above and beyond including the Maitre D. I would recommend this dining experience to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent Bday Party Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I planned a birthday party for my husband and 20 of his closet friends and family. The staff was absolutely wonderful! They set up my decorations and catered to us all night. Kevin, the manager was the best he worked so hard to make sure we had the best experience. The food was very good. There was a lot more variety on the salad bar than other Brazilion steakhouses we've been too. We had a great time, it is certainly worth the price. Just make sure your party knows the cost in advance.Special Features:
- This was our second trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013This was our second trip to a Brazilian Steakhouse. I love the experience and find the food to be amazing. The service is incredible. Every person that walks past your table, quickly with just a glance, checks food and beverage. Four different people cleared dishes, refilled beverages and checked on the progress of our meal. They all make you feel as if they are all there to serve just you. There are 16 different types of meat. I recommend the House Special Beef and the Swordfish. The only negative was that the salad bar has fewer choices than other Brazilian Steak house we had been to. There were no cheeses and a very limited bread selection.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013The waiters did not assist us well. We wait n waited for our drinks n refills. The manager was suppose to check on something for us and never returned. Then once we were done we sat for 30 minutes for our heck and 15 to bring back my cc. I informed the waiter we were celebrating a birthday and they didn't even sign or bring the ice cream. This was an awful experience for me to had to spend over 100 bucks
- one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2013Amazing dinner. I was so stuffed when I left. The restaurant was beautiful and very comfortable. The staff was GREAT. Michael was our server and he was top notch. I look very forward to dinning there again.Special Features:
- Food was good with a prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2013Food was good with a pretty good variety of meats (meat flavor is better than Fogo de Chao but not consistent in quality of cooking). Biggest issue was disorganization amongst the wait staff. It seemed like an issue that was broad at the restaurant from management down because there was not consistency in service and some wait staff seemed to be a bit lost or lackadaisacal. The other thing management needs to consider is that clients at the restaurant will speak English and Portuguese, therefore hiring should consider finding staff that can speak both as some other Brazilian steakhouses do consistently to avoid awkward communication moments for the wait stuff and the client about what meat is being presented to eat. Good ambience.
- Once great - now mediocreJimandLisaVIPDined on 1/26/2013We have been going here for over 10 years. It use to be great, not so much now. Salad bar is lame and the meats are sliding. The service was the biggest let down. Asked for a table by the window and got a table in the middle of the biggest room between two very large parties. By the way, lots of tables by the windows were vacant the whole time we where there. No palm hearts, no artichokes, no bread, no lots of stuff at the salad bar. Gouchos are not carving the meat properly and show a total lack of training and experience. This is about the 4th time we have eaten there in the last four months and each time the experience has been less than the last time. Guess we will have to make the trip into Buckhead from now on.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/26/2013Not what it used to be. The salad bar, well let me put it this way I would have more choices at Wendy's down the street, no hearts of palm, no fresh cheese, no shrimp. In other words what happened.The meat was good, got a couple of gristly bits but no beef ribs, sasauage and the sword fish only came around once.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Sal Grosso's has lost its mojo. Cheaper cuts of meat now predominate. Lamb was non-existant. My favorite dessert was the flan but that appears to be off the menu. You are better off getting a good piece of steak at Stoney River and enjoying the more leisurely dinner atmosphere.