13362 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90066Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 3103067010
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:30PM - 9:30PM
Wednesday, Thursday: 5:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:30PM - 10:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Sakura House
Sakura House blends traditional style Japanese skewer techniques with innovative cuisine arrangements resulting in a magnificently unconventional combination that cannot be found, or matched anywhere. We specializes in mouthwatering appetizers and specialty sauces that are as pleasing to look at as they are to taste. Walk into this cozy, old style Japanese restaurant and let the robust aroma of sizzling maki wrapped delights cooked perfectly on our coal-fired grill prepare your palate for a savory taste like no other. Our warm friendly staff welcomes you to Sakura House, and hopes to share the wonders of kushi-yaki with you and your family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sakura House reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Terrific Find!BettyDined on 6/28/2014Amazing food, service, presentation and value! We were late to this restaurant, but they made room for us anyway. Don't miss this well run and excellent restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Sakura House reviews archive.
- Also terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014Been going here over 15 years......always lives up in every way...Special Features:
- Amazing kushiyaki!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/6/2014Yoshi and his team serve some of the best kushiyaki in Los Angeles in an informal and welcoming environment. The best seat is at the bar watching the chefs prepare skewers over the open flame, Japanese mesquite grill. Favorite dishes included the asparagus maki, chicken livers, spicy bbq chicken wings, gingko nuts, filet minon, as well as tuna tartar and mixed green salad with tofu. And Yoshi's special mocha caramel desert! A delicious and affordable gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIMPLY DelectableHungryGirlDined on 11/7/2013Freshly grilled skewers of vegetables wrapped in ultra-thin slices of seasoned pork ... heaven on earth! The Kushiyaki skewers are all delicious ... seasoned well, grilled to perfection. Can't beat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sakura House Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/2/2013Was introduced since they opened by a chef friend and have been going there ever since. The food is consistently great and so is the service. Yoshi's creates some unique and flavorful Kushiyaki traditional skewers likened to the Kushiyaki I have eaten in Japan but even better. It's a small place but always neat and clean we love sitting at the bar section and watching the skewer show that Yoshi and his up and coming chef perform to precision and to cook to perfection, they hands move rhythmically while turning the skewers and pinches of spice get artfully sprinkled on hot skewers it is zen like and one mindedness. The food is consistent and served hot and once you start your order comes accordingly and consistently every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably great!flavorseekerDined on 10/3/2013A lesser known type of Japanese food, skewers are a great way to taste many different flavors. Yoshi, the chef and owner, provides a friendly atmosphere, and systematically good dining experience. This is reflected by the wide number of regulars who frequent this gem. I take my family, my friends, and my business meetings there. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to place with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2013Food always good....service great...staff makes you feel welcome.Special Features:
- The neighborhood is not awful,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2013The neighborhood is not awful, but certainly not good. The strip center in which the restaurant is located has extremely limited parking. The "ambience" is typical for a strip center. We ordered one of the preselected combinations offered on the menu, as well as several a la carte selections. I would avoid the combinations and choose only skewers that seem appealling. In particular, the vegetables were not as good as the meats. The food was good, but certainlly not outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- most delicious skewers EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2013clean, super tasty, one of our favorite places. great for carnivores, pescatarians and vegetarians. mocha custard dessert is incredibly delish. the spicy chicken wings are perfect, the stuffed mushroom with mashed potato amazing - we have never brought a friend here that hasn't asked to go backSpecial Features:
- Favorite Restaurant Ever!Mdk100VIPDined on 6/23/2013We eat out a lot, but always compare it to Yoshi's Sakura House. The grilled Japanese delicacies are so tasty, nothing else ever compares. Artisan food prepared in traditional style. This is a neighborhood gem that remains our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always have a good meal here...haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2013Always have a good meal here...have been going for years.Special Features:
- Have been coming here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013Have been coming here for over 25 plus years and the food is always awesome:)Special Features:
- My husband and I love to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2013My husband and I love to dine this place. Their food is amazing.Special Features:
- Decent yakitori restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2012Overall, it's a pretty good yakitori restaurant. Most skewers are tasty and cooked well by the Yakitori chefs. On the other hand, the food cooked inside the kitchen can be a hit and miss, depending on what you order. The service is solid on the night that I went, pretty staffs and often filled up our water without flagging one. Parking is not too bad, if you go early enough, you can still find parking in its plaza. You can also park on the nearby streets, or you can park in Costco plaza across from it.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/5/2012We enjoyed our experience at Sakura House. If you like Robata, feel free to check it out.Special Features:
- Best Kushiyaki in West LA!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/29/2012We have been coming here since we were dating- and now it's a regular spot for our family (3 kids!) Always great food and friendly staff. Grilled food on skewers- delicious! There are plenty of foods friendly to American children's palates, as well as Japanese delicacies more appropriate for the adventuresome. The place is very small, so reservations via OpenTable are a must! Decor is getting a little bit worn on the edges, but after nearly a decade of frequent use, chairs and tables get a little dented and walls get a little smoky.Special Features:
- Not worth the time and effort.harilaidVIPDined on 11/1/2012Not worth the time and effort. So many other restaurants do this better.
- Asparagus maki- omg!! SoCCfoodiemomDined on 9/16/2012Asparagus maki- omg!! So good you'll keep ordering more!Special Features:
- Always A Pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2012The food is always impeccable, the service is always friendly... this is one of our true favorite places in the neighborhood. You can always find a delicious surprise on the menu, even if you always order your favorites (as we do). Treat yourself to their fantastic variety of delicious foods that never fail to please and delight.Special Features:
- Be sure to communicate yourRusnakDined on 8/10/2012Be sure to communicate your expectations and needs to the wait staff. They are very kind, but understaffed, so if you don't ask for anything they won't come and attend to you. The food is excellent. UNDER order, because you'll get more than you think if you get one of the package "dinners." It can get fairly hot inside, so be sure you're not bundled up.Special Features:
- Love this place. An institutionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/23/2012Love this place. An institution in LA for Japanese stick food. My husband's been coming here since he was a kid. Always great service and reliable food.Special Features:
- Our friend from Japan lookedChezHaHaVIPDined on 5/4/2012Our friend from Japan looked around at the end of the meal and said this was like a restaurant in Japan, not an Americanized version. We save this for special friends.Special Features:
- Absolutely terrible service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012Absolutely terrible service. The restaurant was out of scallops and instead of offering to substitute the scallops for something else we were told that "restaurant policy" is that you have a pay $1.50 to substitute. We tried to explain that it didn't make sense to charge customers to replace something you were out of and we were given the option to have either the meal without the scallops or to replace with another item for $1.50. Not until we told them we were leaving did they offer to make us a "one time deal" to replace them free of charge. Needless to say at that point it was too late and we took our business elsewhere.
- The food is always fresh andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/3/2012The food is always fresh and delicious; the service is always fantastic; and the owner always greets you with a genuine smile. This is truly a neighborhood gem that should not be missed. One visit, and you will likely feel the same as we do: it becomes a regular treat and a top favorite.Special Features:
- Overall very good value.valueformoneyDined on 1/15/2012Overall very good value. Sake was unusually expensive, however.Special Features:
- The food is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2011The food is excellent and very tasty. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The service is wonderful and personable. I recommend sitting at the bar so that you can see the masters at work. One of my favorite restaurants and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- it had a 'B' health ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/12/2011it had a 'B' health rating so we immediately called and canceled the reservation. waste of a trip - would be great to have this health rating info in OpenTable.
- Sakura House has been a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/5/2011Sakura House has been a favorite for years. So glad I can now reserve on Open Table. The food is high quality, delicious and even healthy!!! So different than other Japanese food. The desserts are a great surprise since I never expect that at Japanese restaurants.Special Features:
- Oishi!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2011I have been going here since 1993. I love it! The food is so tasty! You'll not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Very accomodating for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/10/2011Very accomodating for our party of eight. Great place to celebrate an occasion as we did. Especially nice to be able to hold conversations with people at our table. Will go back for the skewers, yum.Special Features:
- Delicious food. Great funOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2010Delicious food. Great fun place. If you are on a high protein diet, this is a must.Special Features:
- Sakura House is the specialHungryGirlDined on 12/11/2010Sakura House is the special occasion restaurant for my Mom and me. Birthdays, Mother's Day, holidays, etc. will find us there. The food is always good and we leave feeling overly stuffed because we couldn't just stop when we were satisfied. : )Special Features:
- Sakura house offers a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2010Sakura house offers a great alternative to the maze of sushi restaurants in this town. Sitting at the "bar" provides a great view of the action and the skewers are sensational. Appetizers are a hidden gem and it was not until my 4th visit that I finally discovered these great choices. Highly recommended for anyone wanting a fun and tasty night out on the west side.Special Features:
- food quality was mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2010food quality was mediocre and the price high for that.Special Features: