Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant
120 Hebron Avenue
Glastonbury, CT 06033Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sakuragardencuisine.com/Glastonbury/aboutus.html
- Phone: 8604305600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant
Treat yourself to HIBACHI cuisine with our Cowboy-Style chefs demonstrating their excellent cooking skills. Our hibachi party can host 100+ people. You can also try our FUSION sushi, dining at the base of the Mt. Fuji portrait at the sushi bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (4)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Amazing sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Wow, we were blown away by the four rolls we ordered. We dined here two days ago, and we can't stop talking about our food!Special Features:
- Families and celebrationsNoakVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our kids always request a birthday dinner at one of the hibachi tables and we're never disappointed with the "show!" The chefs are entertaining and funny and the food is very good. When I made our most recent reservation through Open Table I noted that we were celebrating a birthday and had no idea they would surprise us with a special dessert. Very thoughtful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi at Sakura!canyodlDined on 6/1/2014My family often dines at Sakura for sushi or hibachi. They have a great selection of specialty sushi rolls that look as good as they taste. They also offer many options other than sushi. You can get a hibachi meal even if not at a hibachi table. We went on a Sunday afternoon and was disappointed they were not offering the lunch menu (they have the dinner menu all day on Sundays). Other than that it is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraduationGradDined on 5/11/2014Took the family following graduation. Everything was great and a lot of participation / fun. Also perfect menu since my daughter is a vegetarinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great Food and ServiceKoekaDined on 5/2/2014Incredible menu choices and the chef allows minor recommendations of your meal to suit dietary needs...we're coming back for sureSpecial Features:
- Extensive MenuKoekaDined on 4/26/2014Great menu choices and the staff was very helpful in helping us decide...lot's to choose from...great placeSpecial Features:
- Very GoodLocalDined on 4/19/2014We've eaten here several times. It's one of the better hibachi restaurants we've tried over the year. Parking is a challenge - arrive early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceoutstandingVIPDined on 3/17/2014Our first time to this restaurant and we loved every aspect of it. The sushi was incredible and the decor of the restaurant so lovely...waitress was very helpful....we just loved it!!Special Features:
- Went to Sakura for a friendsJocelyn22Dined on 2/22/2014Went to Sakura for a friends birthday with a small party of 6. We sat at the hibachi bar but they also have a dining room, sushi bar, and regular bar so there are plenty of options for all types of groups. The hibachi was great, sushi was incredible and the whole environment was very lively with a touch of sophistication. I would go here again and recommend to anyone for a change of pace from your typical dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treatTetsuharaDined on 2/14/2014This is our favorite couples night place to eat. Classier than most. Service always good and friendly. Had considered having our daughter's wedding reception here but no private dining room. The only complaint is often few parking spaces available. On this night a huge Whole Foods delivery trailer was blocking off 4-6 prime parking spots right in front of the restaurant. Boo on Whole foods.Special Features:
- Great SushiCAB3VIPDined on 1/22/2014The sushi was the best we have had in quite a while. Very fresh and many choices. My 7 year old loves sushi as long as its made very small for him, they accommodated this and where very kind to him, letting him try the green tea ice cream before he ordered it.Special Features:
- There is betterZManDined on 12/26/2013Various sushi rolls were good but not great. There was a limited variety compared to many sushi restaurants in the area. The fish was fresh but the overall presentations were not very creative again in comparison.Special Features:
- Christmas Day CelebrationHungryBunchDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant is a real Jewel. The surroundings are very elegant ( for those who think this is important). The service and food was really great and the prices were very reasonable. The menu selection is also varied. (Something for everyone). What went through my mind the whole time was how lucky we were to find such a great restaurant on Christmas Day when so many other restaurants are closed. We had reservations but you could have also just walked in. Because there was nothing else open, there was plenty of convenient parking also. I am a little biased because I like Asian food, but I think anyone would like the food here. We were very satisfied. What a Great Place!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2013We ordered the tempura shrimp appetizer. My son doesn't usually like shrimp and he devoured it. Excellent. I had the Chilean sea bass. It was wonderful. I savored every bite. The presentation was very nice too. The wait staff was very efficient and catered to our needs. I would certainly recommend it.Special Features:
- first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/23/2013it was our first experience at a hibachi restaurant and we were more than pleased. the food was excellent and the entertainment was awesome as well. we can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- once again a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/12/2013I have eaten at Sakura quite a few times and each time I am amazed. The food is right on the money and so is the price. I know that it is the holiday season and it gets quite crowded at restaurants, but it is worth the time and effort, and that is why I use Open table.Special Features:
- Great HibachimytwoangelsDined on 11/24/2013Sakura is a great, kid friendly place for a meal. The food is terrific, and quantities are large. Entertainment is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expected.SB20Dined on 11/16/2013I made reservations for 8p.m. and was not seated til 8:35p.m. After being seated we waited another hour for our cook. When we acquired about our cook and ridicilous wait time we were told it was a busy Night. The food was good once we ate. Then my bday desert was not what we ordered and the waitress Couldn't find what was ordered.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurants.FirsttimerVIPDined on 11/14/2013One of our favorite restaurants. Always good food and service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the food was good, weFirsttimerVIPDined on 10/19/2013While the food was good, we were surprised that the restaurant would not serve "Happy Hour" drinks in the main dining room. I had to go to the bar to get our drinks. Seems to be a silly policy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Crowded soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2013Excellent food. Crowded so service was a tad slow but we enjoyed our evening out anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2013Recently a new sushi chef has join the ranks of Sakura Garden Japanese Restaurant. The chef has brought a new look and taste to Sakura. I have been fortunate to enjoy several new dishes prepared by Tony. Each one is excellent. Hopefully they will be found on the menu or specials soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hibachi style restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2013We go once a year. The cooks are always entertaining. Food Selection is good and presented well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience againLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/9/2013I frequent Sakura in GLastonbury and have had yet another terrific-as-usual- dining experience. Different waiter, different seat but same great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! Can't wait to gocaelplVIPDined on 8/9/2013Excellent! Can't wait to go there again for their specialty sushi rolls!!! Get there early, though; parking spaces are very limited with around a dozen restaurants in the immediate area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but the SameroanderDined on 7/19/2013There's nothing different about the hibachi area of this restaurant. The food is the same, the "chefs" perform the same routine as every other hibachi restaurant I have been to. That's not to say the food isn't good, it is, but it's not any different. The only real annoyance was the television sets scattered all around the hibachi section. We are there to enjoy the show and it is rude and disrespectful to those guys who are trying to entertain us to have to compete with televisions. I go to a restaurant to get away from media and enjoy time with my friends and family. Not watch TV. I have had lunch in the dining room and enjoyed the food there very much.Special Features:
- Quiet ambiance for food and companySteakersDined on 7/7/2013The server and food were good. My sushi for one was good. My husband had chicken hibachi. We had a vegetable tempura for appetizer. My husband had a zombie and ice tea for me. Alex was attentive and knew when to replace another ice tea. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yet another great experience:)Luv2dineVIPDined on 6/30/2013The restaurant was very busy therefor the service was a bit slower than normal. However, the waitress was not stressed-appearing and was very friendly. The food was terrific. Yet another great experience:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!CarpeDiemDined on 6/26/2013Sakura's interior is well appointed, with comfortable seating and tasteful decorations that make one comfortable as soon as you enter. Although I'm not experienced with sushi, I felt at ease because our waiter was so eager to pleae. My daughter and I had miso soup which was excellent. We also shared a Boston roll, a Tuna roll and a Spicy Santa roll - all of which were beautifully presented and tasty. My husband was a bit disappointed in his chicken tempura platter, but acknowledged that he should have ordered a less fattening dish. Unlike some other restaurants in town which are upbeat and noisy, we were able to feel relaxed and to chat quietly. Overall, it was a great meal, and I'll definitely go back again to try some of the raw entrees.Special Features:
- Business Travel FavoriteTanyaVIPDined on 6/25/2013I dine here often when in the area for business. This visit the service was off. The delay in taking my beverage order was not typical. Usually the staff is right on top of things. Based on the number of filled tables, I could not figure out what was taking my server so long. My salad and soup included with the hibachi meal was delivered and I had to call the server back for silverware and she only brought a fork. I didn't even bother to call her back for the knife. The food was good as usual but the service was not up to par and what I experienced on previous visits. I might add that I dined solo at one of the tables instead of in the hibachi room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingLuv2dineVIPDined on 5/25/2013I had yet another terrific experience at Sakura. I am always greeted with a smile. That friendly service continues throughout my dining. Even the people sitting next to us were friendly. They were smiling and joking as we shared comments on the food and environment. This part doesn't always happen but it is not surprising. Sakura is always consistent in the delivery of friendly, fun service of fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2013Once again I find myself boasting about Sakura, this was my fourth visit in the last week, and I am still amazed at the service and the food. There is new sushi chef, and his new ideas and style is quite unique. I give him a ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceMWeaterDined on 5/12/2013Had a great time. It was a wonderful place to take "MOM" on Mothers day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome HostessSlowVIPDined on 5/3/2013You have the most professional and "on the ball" hostess! Amanda always goes over and beyond. She's pleasant, helpful and a pleasure to deal with!Special Features:
- a solid choice for traditionalchuckmac07VIPDined on 4/27/2013a solid choice for traditional Japanese sushi & cooked dishes. fresh if uninspired choices & friendly staff.
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Excellent, creative sushi; went well with plum wine.Special Features:
- One of our favorite restaurants.FirsttimerVIPDined on 4/18/2013One of our favorite restaurants. Great food, great service. Always a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious and freshShellDined on 4/7/2013Absolutely delicious and fresh food. Great server recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Habatchi in HartfordOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2013Solid Habatchi in Hartford area. Service good. Chef very personable.Special Features:
- Older bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013The staff put personal touches on a birthday party. Very well done!Special Features: