18814 Highway One
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mysaketumi.com/
- Phone: 3026452818x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Shigeki Tanaka
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer sushi catering with sushi chef on site. Many other Asian cuisine offer.. Chinese, Thai, etc.
- Private Party Facilities: 2nd floor private dining with its' own bar. Plasma TV, set up for entertainment venue, private functions. Seating up to 80 guests on the 2nd floor.
- Private Party Contact: Tammy Wang 6106132112x
A word from Saketumi
Modern Asian cuisine at its' best in Rehoboth Delaware. Two floors of modern dining & lounge experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Saketumi reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchpmrthirdVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food served during Sunday Brunch is excellent. It was all fresh and a great variety of Chinese and Thai appetizers and meals. The sushi was also fresh and love the raw oysters too. $3 bloody marys too! Took a friend for the first time and we both enjoyed their Sunday Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consisentcy and QualityJRREHOVIPDined on 9/27/2014Big Menu, Big Wine List - greta bar to start your meal....food is reasonable, portions are generous and greta for sharing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaketumifoodieDined on 9/26/2014We have been visiting Rehoboth Beach for many years and always stay at the Hampton Inn. e never tried the restaurant next door until 2 days ago. What a find! The food was delicious and the service great. We will make sure to include it each year we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably Good!SeasideFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Excellent sushi, nice variety of rolls, plus many offerings on menu for non-sushi lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for our GroupFloridaloverDined on 8/26/2014We had a party of 9 with two small children. The waiter was excellent. Apps arrived very quickly and were delicious. Sushi was great, Thai Seafood noodles were excellent. Habatchi items were a bit dry. Vegetables in Habatchi dish were done perfectly. We had a wonderful evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst sushi I've ever hadnicknameDined on 8/23/2014Subpar sushi at inflated prices, I've gotten better rainbow rolls from a grocery store. Was so excited to get sushi while at the beach, thinking it would be extra fresh considering the location, could not have been more wrong.
- Good SushiMariaVIPDined on 8/21/2014The sushi was very fresh and tender. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- samdeeVIPDined on 8/16/2014Consistently hits the mark with good food and service. We never are disappointed at Saketumi!Special Features:
- billDined on 8/16/2014nothing chinese to brag about. cafeteria style tables, Japanese sushi was good.Special Features:
- Always Good Quality FoodDan1Dined on 8/8/2014If you like Chinese and Asian food choices, this is a very solid restaurant. Great selection of Sushi and entrees. We go often and will return.Special Features:
- Noisy and slow but good foodNumNum62VIPDined on 7/27/2014Four of us went on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full so we didn't understand why the service was so slow. One of us spilled a drink and you'd think a server would notice. But nobody helped us. We got napkins from the bar to clean it up ourselves. Our dirty dishes sat at the edge of the table despite the server coming by a few times. If you can get past the poor service, the food itself is generally quite good. A stir fry noodle dish was the hands down favorite. A beef wok dish was a close second. The Dragon Fly sushi roll would have been better if they had cut off the shrimp tails before stuffing them in the rolls. The accompanying sashimi was very skimpy. Other friends love this place so maybe we hit a bad night?
- Fantastic Sunday BrunchpmrthirdVIPDined on 7/27/2014Overcast day at the beach in Rehoboth and returning back from mass, I made an impromptu decision to eat at Saketumi. Best Sushi brunch in Rehoboth. Love there sushi, raw oysters and Thai Food. In fact, everything on the Sunday Buffett Brunch is great. So glad I made the decision to stop by and enjoy a great meal. Also $3 mimosas and bloody Mary's too. I had one Mimosa which was also good. If you like sushi and or Thai food, then Saketumi is the place to go including their 4-6 happy hour at the bar and Sunday Brunch Buffett! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well preparedFoodzgoodVIPDined on 7/25/2014The sushi and sashimi were well prepared, the fish was fresh and artfully displayed. The cocktails were decent size and very tasty. Our waiter was nice but a bit disinterested, not particularly friendly or helpful. The tables were a bit close together but we were there on a Friday at 6:30 and the restaurant was not crowded so it was not an issue. It was an enjoyable dinner overall. One warning - Don't add clams to the Miso soup, they tasted as if they were thrown in at the last minute (did not add anything to the soup) and mine had shell and grit.Special Features:
- nice change from typical beach fareefallDined on 7/22/2014this is one of my favorite places to stop for lunch when outlet shopping or to go for dinner when I am looking for something different than the typical cuisine found at the beach. the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Love It HerePizzamanVIPDined on 7/11/2014On my way in or out of OC while passing through Rehobeth, I love this place. Been here a dozen times or more for sushi or for dibber. Sushi and rolls are great. Entrees are fantastic. The salt and pepper shrimp and scallops are a new favorite.Special Features:
- Always a treatDCerVIPDined on 7/2/2014I think we go to Saketumi more frequently than any other restaurant at the beach.Iit is a treat not worrying about parking, especially in season. But more important is the food. The staff is always friendly and helpful and the dining is great. So many choices, for sushi lovers (raw and cooked) and wonderful entrees. It's a sure bet.Special Features:
- The following 130 reviews are from the Saketumi reviews archive.
- Good LunchSlowVIPDined on 5/30/2014My wife had a sushi combo that included miso soup, salad, a sushi roll [similar to a california roll], and a variety of sashimi. I Had chicken pad thai. The Soup was good and the salad was excellent, with very crisp greens and a nice asian dressing with overtones of peanuts or sesame. The pad Thai was a generous serving, with lots of chicken and noodles and tasty hint of lime and some heat. We liked our lunch.Special Features:
- Always a treat!JudyVIPDined on 5/29/2014We dine here frequently and always enjoy the cuisine, service and ambiance. The food is consistent and there's always something new to try!Special Features:
- Yummy!MeeshDined on 5/17/2014We have a beach house in the city limits and don't venture out as much by car for dinner but on a reference from a friend, glad we gave Saketumi a try!! Very good food, great drink list and we had an awesome waiter! I don't eat sushie but my friends did and they said it was great! My shrimp dish was great! We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++dineDined on 5/14/2014The food was amazing. Great flavors. Will recommendSpecial Features:
- Great Happy HourpmrthirdVIPDined on 4/28/2014I find the sushi at Sukatumi is very good in Rehoboth Beach. If you go between 4 and 6 and sit at the bar area, great discount prices on many of the sushi rolls and other appetizers and drinks! The lettuce wraps are fantastic! Of course, I had a few rolls, the eggplant is unique and very good. Love this place for happy hour. It also has a fantastic brunch on Sundays too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly FABULOUS!dynomitedinerDined on 4/26/2014Love SAKITUMI! It is always worth the money.We like to try new restaurants. However, rolling the dice and spending hard earned money is not always a winning situation. With SAKITUMI it is always a homerun! They get hardcore sushi snobs (like ourselves) and novice diners alike. Always great, always fresh and always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Brunch!pmrthirdVIPDined on 4/13/2014Had a group a friends visiting Rehoboth Beach so instead of traditional breakfast, offered to go for sushi, oysters, and great Thai and Chinese food for brunch! Everyone found something to their liking and enjoyed their meals. Well worth the $19 for great selection of food. Also, $3 bloody marys and mimosas! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our second time toJnLMcDDined on 4/12/2014This is our second time to Saketumi. The food and service was great! Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the sushi dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi at the beachmatiferVIPDined on 3/8/2014After catching a movie at midway theater, we stopped in for sushi. The dumplings were a touch underdone which made them a little greasy. The sushi rolls: volcano, spicy/crunchy tuna, and Philadelphia were delicious! To finish off we split the red curry chicken over brown rice, my wife's favorite every time we go. Our waiter was attentive and quick. The wooden chairs became uncomfortable after about 30 minutes. Overall I recommend and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sushi!DEdinerDined on 3/7/2014Saketumi offers a delicious variety of sushi and rolls! The seating at the sushi bar is a real treat, as you can watch the sushi artists prepare each dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Edamame ravioli is a deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Edamame ravioli is a delicious starter, as is the crispy calamari. Sushi is always top-notch. Service was a little slow, but that could be because we went on a Saturday night. Overall, a nice dining experience.
- Great valentine's night outChrisDined on 2/14/2014came for valentine's evening. It was our first time there. arrived about a half hour before our reservation and sat at the bar to have a drink. Our bartender was friendly and their list of cocktails was more than adequate. I had a cold beer and my girlfriend enjoyed a well-made martini. server was friendly and patient despite being very busy that night. We had soups and calamari to start and both were delicious. It took a really long time for our sushi rolls to arrive (not surprising being a busy valentine's day though). The sushi rolls were definitely yummy, not the absolute best we've ever had, but we enjoyed them. we will probably come back again sometime especially given it's convenient location near one of our favorite beach spots.Special Features:
- Delicious and Creative RollsRebeccaDined on 1/12/2014The menu is full of creative rolls that make you think twice. Though don't hesitate to venture out, every roll we tried was incredibly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi restaurantSnidleyDined on 12/23/2013We'd been here before, and it continues to please. The house white wine was awful, but that could happen anywhere. Service was excellent and the meals were too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner!RockDined on 11/29/2013First visit, Black Friday evening. Great food and service. Only complaint, light level was too low to read their extensive menu. Follow the recommendations of the wait staff, they were all on-point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow !RehoMoeDinerVIPDined on 11/29/2013I dine here often with a large group of friends and we're never disappointed..... The food is always served hot and fresh, the service is always polite and attentive. The manager (Kim) is always accommodating to anything you ask for. Would recommend Saketumi over any other Asian/Sushi restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchHelenDined on 11/17/2013Saketumi's brunch is bountiful--a raw bar and sushi selection, hot dishes and dessert. There's something for everyone. The place is very comfortable and quiet so it's easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strong drinksKeithVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food was excellent! No question! However, the drinks were strong with alcohol. You get your money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicole our server was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/9/2013Nicole our server was outstanding nothing was too much treated us as if we were her only tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013We have eaten at Saketumi on several occasions. Initially we looked on it as our go to place for Sushi which is by far and away the best in this part of the world. But recently we have also gone their for the chinese menu. Our family have lived for many years in the Far East especially Hong Kong so we have a very critical palate when we eat "Chinese". Most places have a very americanised take in order to please local palates. Saketumi is much closer to the real deal. The dishes were well presented with excellent spicing. I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the Orient as it should be!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Rehoboth BeachCeCeDined on 10/18/2013This restaurant is great! The food is delicious, the service is good, and the drinks are tasty. You couldn't ask for more in a restaurant. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Asian Fusion at the BeachJudyVIPDined on 10/12/2013Saketumi has consistently excellent cuisine and is also great for take out. Service is always top notch and ambiance is welcoming. We are always delighted to spend a delicious evening at Saketumi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat DinerDan1Dined on 10/5/2013Food is always excellent! Much more on the menu than Sushi. Reasonably priced and typically no waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday to me!BigCityFoodSnobsDined on 9/26/2013Three foodies from NYC, Chicago and Baltimore LOVED it! Girls' night out for my birthday. Saketumi is beautiful - in a surprising non-beachy way. Late September, we ate early, so, no loud crowds - so I can't comment on the in-season noise level. Food is BEAUTIFUL, delicious and the selection is extensive. Our waiter was adorable and made our experience! He was patient, attentive and helpful. The girls and I shared shared several sushi delights, the fish was fresh, delicious and the presentation was gorgeous. We also shared shrimp pad thai and general Tsao's chicken...yummy....the biggest surprise was dessert - and you must save room for it....chocolate creations that satisfied all of our senses. Go to Saketumi - in fact, go there TODAY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.