626 Clement Street
San Francisco, CA 94118Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sakesansf.com/
- Phone: 4158766313
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 4:00pm-1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Barbecue, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining in enclosed glass rooms for a fun night out or company meeting.
- Private Party Contact: Sakesan 4158766313
- Entertainment: For larger parties, we offer dining in a private room setting with karaoke to complete your dining experience.
A word from SakeSan
Enjoy the beautiful art of sushi and yakitori at the con-temporarily designed Sakesan. Come in for happy hour or dinner with tatami style seating, bar seating, or in a private room (with karaoke, for larger parties). Vast selection of Sake to choose from and modern decor to give you the ultimate experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
SakeSan - Best Restaurants in Richmond District ›
SakeSan reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (13)special occasion (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- mdf1Dined on 10/8/2014This is a very good place for Japanese food. From my perspective the only down sides are that it's quite loud with all hard reflective surfaces, and it is somewhat uncomfortable to sit for a long time at the sunken tables. Seating cushions might help a lot. They do have tables with chairs available. All-in-all dinner was very good, and the service was nearly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's ok but kind of loudkylieDined on 9/17/2014the people next to us were so loud, which made it hard to talkSpecial Features:
- ExceptionalDined on 9/11/2014Wonderful sake list, the food was innovative. Each dish topped the last. The service was impeccable!Special Features:
- trendykylieDined on 8/25/2014this spot is very trendy and dark. i think it's great for a first date or group outings. they even have karaoke room which i think is great! not sure how much that costs, but looks like fun. they have a gambler roll which has 1 jalapeno in the roll which can be fun but not fun if you get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDillonDined on 8/22/2014Better than the last time since the first time I was served California rolls that had a piece of glass which fortunately did not swallow
- Good SushifitndineVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tried their hand rolls. Chefs were very accommodating requesting for little rice. Fresh fish and lots of variety.Special Features:
- Great food and great servicesfFoodieDined on 8/20/2014The food was really good and the service was spot on. Enjoyed the jalapeno poppers, amaebi shrimp, raiders roll and OMG roll.Special Features:
- Great Japanese germ!JuliaDined on 8/9/2014The setting is very enjoyable, every table has its own little glass booth and you need to take your shoes off before entering it! The rolls and fresh sashimi were excellent. The only drawback was that the food was not served all at once, we were 5 and all got served at different times, making it difficult to enjoy the meal together!Special Features:
- Good food but poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Everything tasted good but our waitress was inattentive and completely lacked in the service department. Another waitress ended up suddenly taking over and she was a liittle bit better. Can't beat all the food we had + the $10 for $20 Yelp deal though.
- Fresh and DeliciousMelYDined on 7/30/2014Everything we ordered was fresh. Salmon, hamachi, squid, and rolls. I would highly recommend the gambler roll where one piece is spiked with hotness. Overall a great addition to the Richmond district.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014This was the second time I went here. My mom had a blast. The ambience was great and the servers were very friendly. The sushi was very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch out for foreign objectsCDillonDined on 7/20/2014The service and food was pretty good but once we were served California rolls, I bit into something hard and gritty and found a piece of glass. Good thing I didn't swallow it. While the manager took the item off the bill, I think they should've comped the whole bill so BEWARE!!!!
- Swanky and Posh?...YES!lindaVIPDined on 7/14/2014LOVE, LOVE LOVE the decor and ambiance of this new restaurant. we were lucky to have been seated in one of the 4 tables near the front(open tatami). each table is separated by floor to ceiling glass. it gives a very intimate and cozy feeling (almost as if you had your own room!) even though you could see right through the glass to the next table. the food is very fresh and has a slight twist on the sushi i.e. the gambler roll. and we also enjoyed the sake selections. all the servers were very professional, courteous and fast! we will definitely be back to try a few more itemsSpecial Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the SakeSan reviews archive.
- Karoake and SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/30/2014The sushi here was really great. The atmosphere is fun and energetic. The servers were right on it ! Super nice too. Unbelievable Tuna Tar Tar Tacos...oiy! Will be coming back over and over and over. Have yet to sing though.Special Features:
- Refreshing!JulietVIPDined on 6/29/2014Sakesan was a nice change of pace from lots of sushi places. The space is great. We sat at one of the front tables which is set into the floor and seems authentically Japanese. The service was great and the food was very good. The udon noodles were fabulous as were all the rolls. The curry was a bit less interesting but I think japanese curry is different from Indian curries. I highly recommend Sakesan and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure I will come back...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/17/2014Udon was great, service was marginal. Kind of weird ambiance?
- Excellent fresh fish; seating so-soZhenyaDined on 6/7/2014So far our favorite sushi in our neighborhood. We came twice with our infant in the car seat and sat in the both/pseudo-floor seating. The space is nice, but since it's not a real floor seating -- your feet end up on a cold floor (you have to take off your shoes). Maybe you can put the shoes back on once you sit down. Some type of a matt or hardwood floor would be welcome.
- Delicious and FunParticulardinerDined on 6/7/2014We had a Travelzoo voucher for half off so it made the cost more affordable. Really enjoyed the food. Some non-standard entries which some may wish to try. They had some rooms strictly set up for Karaoke which looked like a lot of fun. We were there when it first opened so it was a perfect time for families with kids. Several arrived and were treated well and appeared quite happy.Special Features:
- Great SushiJTtasteDined on 5/19/2014I love this place! Food are "very good". Great service!Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2014Service is awful here. Food is fine, but service makes the experience worthless.
- mamaSFVIPDined on 1/25/2014Waitress took our order right away but the food didn't come for 45 minutes with no reason!! We had two well behaved kids with us but I hard to ask three times for our bill which took another 15 minutes to come. So much for trying out a new place.
- I've enjoyed the food everytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/6/2014I've enjoyed the food everytime i came to this restaurant. This last visit wasnt the best service. I think they forgot about my order. I ordered Ankimo, 1 dozen oysters, uni handroll, and salmon skin handroll. My 1 dozen oysters took almost an hour to come. They first brought out only 1/2 dozen and i had to wait 40 minutes for that and i mentioned to the waiter that i had ordered 1 dozen and he said ok let me check on it. Then i had to ask a second time this time to the waitress that took my order when i was going to get my other 1/2 dozen. Then after placing my uni handroll it took them almost 1/2 hour to bring that out but it is well worth the price. Very fresh and tasty. Not a whole lot of rice but a whole lot of uni!! (YUMmmmmMY)!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving SakeSanCoralyVIPDined on 7/7/2013So excited to have a sushi restaurant within walking distance of my place that actually has amazing sushi. Love Wade the sushi chef. It's beautifully decorated and they also have Kareoke in private sound proofed rooms in the back of the restaurant. My only complaint would be that they don't have Kirin Ichiban, my favorite beer to have with sushi. This place is exactly what Clement street needed and they stay open til 1am. Thank u! This place is my new fave!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for the 'hoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013I picked the restaurant because it is close to where my kids live, and the Chron gave it a good review. It's a lovely restaurant, with an interior and ambience that is nicer than the surrounding Clement St would suggest. The food is good, and the fish fresh, and the service attentive, and so I have no complaints. The three stars is simply a relative score compared to other Japanese restaurants in the City -- if I'm out and wanting to spend $50-75/head (that includes drinks), I would rather go to Okoze in my neighborhood, or Sebu (?) in Hayes Valley.Special Features:
- We loved our dinner. I readPantsVIPDined on 6/1/2013We loved our dinner. I read one review that was negative, and I respectfully disagree! The sushi was great, the service terrific. Nice to support Clement Street businesses as well. I recommend it.Special Features:
- Ok. Will try when i want to sing.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/18/2013Food was just ok. Walked away unsatisfied. It would not be a place i would recommend to someone for sushi. This place also has karaoke rooms, so i would think they are designing their experience around a later night, large group crowd that can enjoy some of the music/singing fun while eating and drinking.Special Features:
- Joanna the waitress made theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2013Joanna the waitress made the experience memorable! Enjoyed dining at the VIP table. Food was perfect.Special Features:
- neighborhood sushi gemOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/27/2013You can't go wrong with Happy Hour or if you miss HH, it's still worth it to come here for sushi or sashimi as well as japanese skewers. Everything is delicious. the only bad think about this place is that there are hardly in walk-in tables available, and it's gotten so popular you'll want to make sure that you make reservations regardless of what day of the week it is.Special Features:
- A very pleasant dinner. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013A very pleasant dinner. Great variety of menu items and well-prepared promptly. We enjoyed the modern, clean surroundings and especially liked the sunken table.Special Features: