801-805 Gap Newport Pike
Avondale, PA 19311Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sakehana.net/
- Phone: 6102682889
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Satruday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai French, Japanese, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Michael 6102682889
A word from Sake Hana
The owner is from Manhattan, Mew York; as are many of the others who work at Sake Hana. Our goal is to bring the freshest fish and ingredients to our guest. Our manager has over twenty-five years of gourmet food and beverage experience and cares about each and everyone of our products. We have our fish delivered fresh five to six times a week in order for us to keep our stocks as fresh as possible. Our restaurant"s motto is "We believe that fine dining is a form entertainment for our guests, which has to be complete with good food, fine drinks and excellent service." We provide high-end luxury at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Sake Hana - Best Restaurants in Avondale ›
Sake Hana reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)good for groups (13)special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (11)hot spot (7)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fresh tasting food, fun night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/10/2014We had a very nice dinner at Sake Hana and will be back for sure! Love the menu and atmosphere. Service was attentive. Wine list wonderful! Recommend highly to anyone looking for a great meal in the area. Even teenage kids approved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodGreedygremlinVIPDined on 9/6/2014I must say each time we go the food gets better. Sushi is great and the atmosphere is poppingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!SoupDined on 8/15/2014Best sushi we've ever had. Very consistent..My only complaint is that we were put in a very small booth. Not much table room at all. Next time I will Be sure to ask for one of the regular size booths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do it rightchickVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything about this place shines, from the food to the service and it's consistent....good job guysSpecial Features:
- Good choiceBob101Dined on 7/29/2014The management runs an efficient operation. Service was quite good. Decor was very attractive. It's more impressive inside than out. The manager keeps a good watch over the operation. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Love it!SOPADined on 7/26/2014Place is awesome. Steller sushi and a very kool atmosphere.Special Features:
- Best Sushi In The Area!KefallonDined on 6/13/2014I have been to Japan a few times and have had real authentic Sushi from there as well as hundreds of Sushi places across the United States and this place has got it going on! One of the best sushi places I have ever had! Everything was fresh, delicious, and 100% worth it. The owner went around and made sure everyone was happy even during a busy hour which shows his compassion for his restaurant. I can't wait to go back to this place. Just writing this review is making me want to dine here at this very moment lolSpecial Features:
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/31/2014We are not sushi mavens, but like it when we can find the good stuff. This is the place! The tuna in my roll was as good as the $8/piece toro at the next-best sushi place I know of. Lots of variety and imagination (maybe a bit too much), but the purest can be handled well, too. The rest of the menu offers a mix of Asian items with an emphasis on Japan. Too soon to comment on these items after only one visit. VERY popular and busy. Pleasant decor not at all what would be expected based on the strip-mall location. We will be back -- soon.Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Sake Hana was fabulous!! We loved our sushi & can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Sake Hana reviews archive.
- DeliciousfoodeeeDined on 5/23/2014This is our top pick for sushi in the area. It's always delicious and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Good FoodSusHDined on 5/23/2014We went as a Mom's Night Out and it couldn't have been better. The conversational tables allowed us to converse with each other without screaming. Food was delicious, service was excellent, and we had a blast. I rate Noise Level as "energetic" but most of that noise was us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgetful WaitorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Our waitor forgot multiple items that were ordered, placed an entirely wrong order (seafood dish vs. vegetarian) then acted as if it were the customers mistake. The correct order was made but brought out as the other people in the party were finshing up their meals. The waitor brought out the check while the 1 person was still eating. The food was good, but was very slowly made, and we were quickly rushed out.
- Another sushi roll please!matiferVIPDined on 5/15/2014Yes, it is hard to believe that a sushi restaurant at the end of a strip mall in Avondale, PA could be so delicious. Our goto place now for sushi as we dine with family, friends, or those who are visiting from out of town. Easy to find, easy to park, fast friendly service, and the manager always comes around to assure everything you ask for is handled. The TNT and Mango-Tango roll are currently our mouth watering favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousMissunewmanDined on 4/26/2014We have NEVER had anything that wasn't fantastic! We are still relatively new to the whole sushi thing, but everything is always just great!!Special Features:
- Fresh Sushi in PA!daniroseDined on 4/12/2014I lived and worked for years in Tokyo where, needless to say, I ate some of the most exquisite sushi in the world. While I've been able to find a number of places in New York that could pass as a Tokyo sushi restaurant, I hadn't come across any in PA - until I found Sake Hana. Very high quality fish paired with rice cooked the way sushi rice ought to be cooked made for a really pleasurable, flavorful dinner. This place is in a strip mall, but don't be deceived! It far transcends what one may consider "strip mall food."Special Features:
- AMAZING SUSHI CHEFSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/5/2014This restaurant has wonderful sushi. The rolls were works of ART! I wish I didn't live 2 hours away. The sushi chef's work at lightning speed to turn out amazing creations. Thank you open table...I wouldn't have found this place without you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Problems againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014I held off on reviewing until a second visit. Sake Hana is a lively and attractive local sushi/asian restaurant, with a diverse menu and very stylistic sushi dishes. The problem is with the service. The waitstaff is inexperienced and poorly trained, although they seem to try The bigger issue is with the kitchen, especially the sushi bar. We waited 25 minutes for our sushi appetizers to appear, during which time the owner explained that the sushi bar is backed up and causing delays. I changed my dinner order to a non-sushi item, and he said "good idea." I hope Sake Hana gets its service issues straightened out. All our food was very good but not worth the wait.
- ExcellenceBettyDined on 3/24/2014Always excellent service and food. They are so accomadating. If you don't see what you are looking for, ask. The manager Michael is very attentive to all customers. The bartender Josee always has a smile on her face and makes you feel so welcome. This has become our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in Chester CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014Love Sake Hana! Have eaten here many times over the past few years, the food is always great! The fish is very fresh. Interesting rolls, and always something new on the special list. The staff is very nice. Good place for a group.Special Features:
- Friday Night DinnerHankDined on 3/21/2014Very crowded but our reservation was ready when expected. Received service right away. Food was excellent! Service was very good considering how busy it was. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2014The food was excellent! The decor is very relaxing and original. Love the lighting. Price and value excellent also. The only thing I didnt like was having my soup carried to the table with the waitress fingers wrapped around the rim of the bowl and seeing it splash on the floor. Same for tempura sauce. Think liquids should be carried on a tray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!FrequentdinerDined on 3/7/2014Great spot. Hidden gem in a shopping center in avondale. Usually excellent service. This particular night there was some waiting for the waiter. Even so, always treated very well. Better sushi than what you find in neighboring upscale kennet square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sake Hana a local favoritelannieVIPDined on 3/7/2014I go to Sake Hana quite a bit. The bartenders, Trina and Josee, are the greatest. Sake Hana has the best sushi in a 50 mile radius in my opinion. Their wine and sake list is very extensive. Michael, the manager, is very knowledgeable about wines and sake and would be happy to recommend pairing options. From an entree perspective, though, I feel their entrees are overpriced and the portions are small. This is the only reason I do not give it 5 stars. I ate the seafood special for 2 which was $65 for one lobster, four shrimp, four scallops, and about 4-6 oz of mahi mahi. Tasty but expensive. If I had shared it, I would definitely be hungry. For sushi and friendship though, it's #1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overalllocalchicDined on 2/23/2014Service was slow.....it wasn't crowded that night. When I asked about the Thai iced tea, she couldn't tell me about it. The mgr happened to walk by and described it to me. I went ahead and ordered it. Throughout the dinner, the mgr checked on us. He waa very nice and very gracious. The food and presentation was beautiful and very good. The sushi was melt in your mouth good. This is not my first time there nor will it be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantCJEQDined on 2/7/2014I have never had a bad meal at Sake Hana. It is a great neighborhood find. Food is great as is the service. The atmosphere is good too, unless you are a large party and are seated in the back room.Special Features:
- Great Local SushiLandenbergFoodieVIPDined on 2/1/2014We usually go to a place in Wilmington. Sake Hana is much closer to home and the sushi is fantastic -- the best in the area! Lots of innovative rolls, fun atmosphere and great service. Make a reservation! This place is PACKED on the weekend. Great takeout too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/31/2014Sushi was great and service was quick. Some of the entrees and dim sum on the greasy side.Special Features:
- Yummy SushiGregDined on 1/31/2014I dined here several times since it opened and the food is great. I love the Rock Shrimp appetizer. There are non-sushi items on the menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service,chickVIPDined on 1/30/2014Great food and great service, that's all you can ask of a restaurant. Finally I agree with our local critics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SashimiRichardDined on 1/28/2014I had the sashimi special for dinner. It was all excellent. The miso soup and salad with ginger dressing was also very good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in all aspectsNovarollDined on 1/24/2014Sake Hana is always great. The sushi is very fresh. The manager always walks around to ask how dinner is. The answer, consistently excellent at each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Quality & ServiceRickVIPDined on 1/18/2014We've never had a bad meal at Sake Hana. Their entrees are always of consistent quality, and the beautifully presented items from their sushi bar are absolutely superior to anything you'll find in the area. Sake Hana has a well-trained service staff as well - always pleasant, prompt and courteous. I recommend trying Sake Hana today! Trust me, it's worth the trip.Special Features:
- Sake Hana - Best Sushi in KennettericDined on 1/11/2014I had a birthday dinner at Sake Hana in Avondale with my family and another family. I went for the sushi which is wonderfully presented and of high quality, while others in our party had cooked delights. The drink list is awesome and the food and atmosphere was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great kid friendly bento boxdineswkidsDined on 1/4/2014Great kid friendly bento box meals! My kids loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sake Hana - Consistent ExcellenceMartinBDined on 12/31/2013We dined on New Years Eve and were once again delighted with the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years eve DinnerBowlbyDined on 12/31/2013New Years eve dinner with my girlfriend, took a chance, did not regret it. Very nice place, beautiful set up. Very nice sushi menu. Food was excellent, service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would highly recommend thisCalleycat1Dined on 12/31/2013I would highly recommend this restaurant. The sushi is especially fabulous! There is also a good selection of entrees for those not into sushi. It can be noisy when crowded so I recommend a booth or a seat near the sushi bar. They also have special seats for groups of 5-7 where you can sit on pillows on the floor. Fun!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and atmosphereElaineDined on 12/26/2013We have always loved Wasabi in Willow Street and just learned about this location that is a sister restaurant to Wasabi. It is in perfect location to meet our friends for dinner. It is really nice that they have a liquor license also with good selection. the food was fantastic as was the service and friendliness of all staff. Great option for diningSpecial Features:
- Very good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We've eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. The Shushi presentations are works of art!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 12/22/2013Great food and sushi. Definitely the best Japanese in the the Kennett/Avon Gtove area.I would recommend this to a friend.